PDA

View Full Version : Man Skills

Froggystyle
08-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Spectratoad's post about "Retrosexuals" got me thinking about some interesting conversations had by my platoon several years ago while travelling to and from a shooting range in Fort Chaffee, AR.
Riding in the back of a six-by for 40 minutes pretty much sucks, so you pass the time talking instead of the impossible sleep.
One time, the subject of "Man skills" popped up. These are skills that every man should be able to do. EVERY man. These are what women look for in a man, not on an every day basis, but if the need comes up, you should be able to answer the call.
Unfortunately, geographical differences in our upbringings showed the diversity of what "man skills" should be, and as such some of our more rural members figured that "stalking a deer" should be on the list. To humor him, we just made a secondary and tertiary list up as well. We can stick to Primary Man Skills for this though.
To stat us off, I will give you all the basics. These are the big ones I remember...
Throw a ball. We are not talking about just getting it downrange either... you need to look like you know what you are doing.
Remove a bra with one hand.
Start a fire with appropriate tools. This means matches, tinder and kindling. Advanced man skills dictate you should be able to do it with flint or sticks, but for the sake of argument, every man on the planet should be able to look at a stack of flammables and a match and get a fire started.
Grill meat properly. You can use the fire you started.
Shoot a gun safely and effectively.
Tie your shoe properly. Granny knots don't count. If any of you guys want to check and see if your dad showed you how to tie your shoes wrong (happens a lot...) see if the bows are lying flat with the loose ends, which are in turn lying flat on the tied laces. It should all be in a line left to right. If anything wants to lay up/down...you got a granny knot, Grandma!
This gets into more advanced man skills, but I firmly feel that if stranded in the wilderness for whatever reason, you should know how to butcher any animal enough to get meat off of it for your fire. Rabbit, squirrel or bear. Be able to get the good stuff off, and not get sick because of septic shock or something.
Drive a stick shift. This is a biggy.
Punch without breaking your thumb. Realistically, this goes down to knowing how to defend yourself, but most sissys don't know how to punch without breaking their own thumb, so we can start with that as a qualifier.
OK, now I open it to the floor...

hoolign
08-04-2004, 08:45 AM
should know how to get where he's going..without HAVING TO ASK FOR DIRECTIONS!
be able to fix most things with hammer, some tape and a chunk of 4 guage wire:D
should only be able to answer the question"what kind of boat do you have ?" with a three letter word:D :D

rivercrazy
08-04-2004, 08:46 AM
I feel better now.....I guess I'm a man afterall....:D
One more item that IMO should be added is being able to service your woman and keep a consistent smile on her face! :D

Lightning
08-04-2004, 08:54 AM
Change oil in a car and at least know how to turn a wrench.
The one hand bra removal is key though as well as the grilling of meat.

Kilrtoy
08-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Nice,
Drink beer without throwing up

HM
08-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Nice,
Drink beer without throwing up
Dote!! How many beers? I throw up somewhere after 3 beers, but the problem is, I lose count after 3!!

Stupid Fast
08-04-2004, 09:28 AM
He should be able to unload and load his boat from his trailer by himself if needed, and weather you own a boat or not A Retro man should know how to back up a trailer, If not see the thing about using a hammer and drilling the hole.

CrazyHippy
08-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by hoolign
should only be able to answer the question"what kind of boat do you have ?" with a three letter word:D :D
STV???:D
Swing a Hammer and not hit their thumb
Do a pull up.... right now, no cheating, no excuses
Ditto a push up....
BJH

Froggystyle
08-04-2004, 10:10 AM
OK, these all kick ass. I agree on the oil change. For shizzle.
How about the ability to drink a shot of tequila without a bitch look on your face afterwards? Touchy subject for some... but still, if you make a poo face after a shot, you should probably see if your purse matches your socks...

rivercrazy
08-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
How about the ability to drink a shot of tequila without a bitch look on your face afterwards? Touchy subject for some... but still, if you make a poo face after a shot, you should probably see if your purse matches your socks...
Depends if its real tequilla (like Patron, Tres Generations, Cazadores, etc) or fake stuff like Jose Cuervo. I can't smell Cuervo without feeling like I'm gonna hurl......Guess I'm a sissy....:D

Stupid Fast
08-04-2004, 10:22 AM
They must have at least one true story that Jack Daniels was a major character in....

Lightning
08-04-2004, 10:33 AM
That's a good one, I was doing a late birthday shot on Monday night with a friend and was thinking about how girlyman it looks when you get the bitch look on your face.

Froggystyle
08-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Depends if its real tequilla (like Patron, Tres Generations, Cazadores, etc) or fake stuff like Jose Cuervo. I can't smell Cuervo without feeling like I'm gonna hurl......Guess I'm a sissy....:D
Lesson learned... Don't do shots of Cuervo.

Froggystyle
08-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Stupid Fast
They must have at least one true story that Jack Daniels was a major character in....
Or his buddy Jim Beam.
"Jim's calling... Will you accept the charges?"
Funny story wrapped around that one right there...

gnarley
08-04-2004, 10:43 AM
Give "her" a good Orgasm :D
fix the plugged up drains
change fuses or breakers in the blown circuit
back up a trailer straight

78Eliminator
08-04-2004, 10:44 AM
This is probably going over the top, but if you can point out and identify every sensor on a modern fuel injected car, then you probably have a pair.
If you don't raise your voice to you significant other, you deserve your penis.
If your significant other feels safe around you, you are doing your job.
If you look at the head of a bolt and have a 80% or better accuracy rate for getting the right socket the first trip to the tool box, you probably still have the ability to get a stiffy.
When you finally realize that age and wisdom are not parallel or proportionate, you might be on your way to being able to stand up when you piss.
If you never f*uck anybody over that doesn't have it coming to them, you are Tony Montana.

RexRathburn
08-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Put stuff together like a bike, furniture, etc...

gnarley
08-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Stupid Fast
Those who say that men don't cry, have never obliterated their finger with a 28 oz framing hammer.
That's good, I know it hurts! I blew up my thumb up a few times woking in a machine shop when I missed, I was swinging a 5 pound sledge to crack a lock ring on a ford 9" axle. JEEZE did that hurt, but I didn't cry, I yelled like hell! :eek:
Or his buddy Jim Beam.
"Jim's calling... Will you accept the charges?"
Funny story wrapped around that one right there...
Reminds me of when I lived in Reno. I would say to a new female interests that Mike was calling. They would naturally say Mike who? I then replied Mike Hawk.
They always were glad to take the call then :D

Her454
08-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
If you don't raise your voice to you significant other, you deserve your penis.
If your significant other feels safe around you, you are doing your job.
ROTFLMAO:D :D On the flip side of this, coming from female.....theres nothing more UNATTRACTIVE than a guy who....
Has to take his vehicle to Jiffy Lube for a change.....
Can't drive a stick......:rolleyes:
WONT ask for directions.....;)
Drink Beer without being an ASSHOLE, if he pukes then at least he's scored points by being nice.....:wink:
Gets the POO face after a shot of .... anything.
Does not know the difference between a wrench and a screwdriver....
Sits down when he Pi**es. :D
Just my .02 :D

MagicMtnDan
08-04-2004, 10:58 AM
A real man's gotta be able to fix stuff. To do that a man must be able to use tools proficiently especially the three basics:
1. Hammer - must be able to hit schit without hurting yourself or others.
2. Pliers - must be able to...well, you know.
3. Screwdriver - ditto
Note: A real man must also be able to use power tools without hurting himself or others.

Froggystyle
08-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, agreed. "Some assembly required" should result in clapped hands and an enthusiastic look on your face. Think about it... all the work of having to take it apart to see how it works is done for you. All you have to do is put it back together!
Any man should maintain a small but serviceable tool box.
Remember here guys, we aren't talking about super mechanic man here (This means you Justin...) we are talking about EVERY SINGLE GUY that wears a dick. These are things that every guy should know how to do.
I don't personally think that knowing a MAP sensor from a TPS is mandatory... but to each his own.

superdave013
08-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Real men will be in Big Bear this Saturday downhilling.
You in Froggy? :)
How 'bout this?
Real men earn respect.
Real men have dogs, not cats.
or maybe,
At a real man's house it is not a democracy. It's a dictatorship. At my house I am the dictator and there is no need to vote on anything. :cool:

superdave013
08-04-2004, 11:06 AM
I guess I got a little off track on that one.

78Eliminator
08-04-2004, 11:07 AM
I don't personally think that knowing a MAP sensor from a TPS is mandatory... but to each his own.
You sure will wish you knew what one was if you throw a turbo on a car with EFI and you cant get the fuel mixture dialed in ;)

78Eliminator
08-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
At a real man's house it is not a democracy. It's a dictatorship. At my house I am the dictator and there is no need to vote on anything. :cool:
Hahahaha. Next time I see you in Long Beach, I will be sure and ask your lady about that. ;) :D

1978 Rogers
08-04-2004, 11:13 AM
I think being able to crap in the woods while on a hiking or camping trip is right up there. When mother nature calls. :D

HavasuDreamin'
08-04-2004, 11:14 AM
A real man should be able to ..............
1. This is obvious........put gas in your own car (not full service).
2. Change a f'n tire if it blows. By the time AAA gets there, I will already be back on the road.
:cool:

Stupid Fast
08-04-2004, 11:14 AM
A real man should be able to pick up a pool stick and hit the Q ball and it should at least hit another ball on the table.
They should also at least be able to hit the dart board with a dart from the line.

Froggystyle
08-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Here is us yesterday at Anderson TT.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=827798
The lake behind us is El Capitan reservoir. We ascended a little over 2000 vertical feet (Then obviously, back down) and rode a little over 12 miles in 1:45. Not too shabby. We really buckled down and got after it.
Sunset was amazing. Flying down that trail at dusk is a trip. I bunny hopped a washout bar at over 25 mph and landed in a rut. Ooops. I went over.

superdave013
08-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
Hahahaha. Next time I see you in Long Beach, I will be sure and ask your lady about that. ;) :D
Feel free, it's this Sunday and we will be in space # 670 again.
So, hows your kitchen doing? I just wired up the wife's stove. Had her cooking Hank Hill style for quite awhile. :wink:

superdave013
08-04-2004, 11:39 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=827798
The lake behind us is El Capitan reservoir. We ascended a little over 2000 vertical feet (Then obviously, back down) and rode a little over 12 miles in 1:45. Not too shabby. We really buckled down and got after it.
Sunset was amazing. Flying down that trail at dusk is a trip. I bunny hopped a washout bar at over 25 mph and landed in a rut. Ooops. I went over.
Sweet! I wish I got the chance to ride more often. So you didn't answer me. You wanna go? I'll let ya ride the DH tank. We'll stay on all the legal trails, nothing to crazy.

Froggystyle
08-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Sweet! I wish I got the chance to ride more often. So you didn't answer me. You wanna go? I'll let ya ride the DH tank. We'll stay on all the legal trails, nothing to crazy.
This Saturday is paintball. We have a relatively large scenario game planned. Should be a blast. (No pun intended...)
The way we play paintball, we have four or more SEALs out there with a couple of Recon guys and others for good measure. Then we play pretty well orchestrated versions of "capture the flag" where you need to navigate to the flag with topo maps and GPS and stuff. Then do your attack.
So, you get to figure out how many of the opposition are manning the flag, and how many are attacking your flag. Could be all, could be none.
Either way, you end up patrolling in a good 1/2 mile or so.

78Eliminator
08-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Feel free, it's this Sunday and we will be in space # 670 again.
So, hows your kitchen doing? I just wired up the wife's stove. Had her cooking Hank Hill style for quite awhile. :wink:
You know, I think I will stop by. I need some stuff. I need to paint the walls and get a cabinet guy. Then buy appliances.
Oh, and to stay on topic here:
Guys who can remodel their own kitchen have a set....

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-04-2004, 11:54 AM
....has had more than 100 stitches (cumulative total)
....can eat at least 1% of his body weight in Steak in one serving
....considers a buffett a challenge
....has tried to light a fart at least once in his life time
Omega

Stupid Fast
08-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
....has tried to light a fart at least once in his life time
Omega
How many people went "Ohhhhh:rolleyes: Yeah....I forgot about that"....in a regetful way?
Edit: I think Jack or jim was in that story too.....:rolleyes:

Liberator TJ1984
08-04-2004, 12:00 PM
How 'bout this?
Real men earn respect.
or maybe,
I have a BOBCAT in the house that will kick ass on a dog ... does that still Count?:rolleyes:
Real Men can scatter a $ 10,000 Blower motor and not shed a tear, but laugh about it:D
Real Men will use WD-40 for mosquito repellent:eek:
Real Men don't drink foofie drinks.

78Eliminator
08-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Liberator TJ1984
Real Men can scatter a $ 10,000 Blower motor and not shed a tear, but laugh about it:D
I saw a boat in the River Rats video that said "You can't put a price on fun" on the dashboard. That about sums it up...

superdave013
08-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Liberator TJ1984
I have a BOBCAT in the house that will kick ass on a dog ... does that still Count?:rolleyes:
Only until it runs out of diesel. :D
Really though, I'd like to see a pic of that Bobcat. I see them every now and then when I'm out riding.

KingCole
08-04-2004, 12:44 PM
A real man should....
1. Be able to watch boxing or ultimate fighting and cheer when the "other guy" is getting his ass kicked.
2. Enjoy watching football.
3. Not chock when smoking cigars.

Froggystyle
08-04-2004, 12:47 PM
How about this. Clean a fish.
I am not a big fish eater, but if you were to be in the middle of nowhere, and find a way to catch a fish, you should be able to clean it and cook it over the fire you lit.
That is basic caveman shit. We should be born with that skill.
How about program a VCR?
Use your remote properly, no matter what it takes to perform a simple task... (VCR2, then Source, then TV, then Enter, then...)

rivercrazy
08-04-2004, 12:58 PM
You ain't no man unless you know how to:
* Drive a jetboat and sterndrive equally well
* Mix various types of basic cocktails
* Realize that Coors Light is for whimps
* Mow the lawn
* Laugh at a really good fart! :D

CrazyHippy
08-04-2004, 12:59 PM
*snip* . We ascended a little over 2000 vertical feet (Then obviously, back down) and rode a little over 12 miles in 1:45. Not too shabby. We really buckled down and got after it.
*Snip*
1:45 for 12 miles was the up hill right....
BJH

lucky
08-04-2004, 01:06 PM
AT THE VERY LEAST BE ABLE TO TRICK HIS WIFE INTO STICKING HER HEAD UNDER THE COVER WHILE YOU LEAVE A STICKY !

Scream
08-04-2004, 01:11 PM
And in the end be able to pass on all this knowledge to his son or other neighborhood kids when necessary.

rrrr
08-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by lucky
AT THE VERY LEAST BE ABLE TO TRICK HIS WIFE INTO STICKING HER HEAD UNDER THE COVER WHILE YOU LEAVE A STICKY !
LMFAO!!!
Sticky or stinky?
I convinced the ex-wife that the horrible smell she got a whiff of was the dog farting (he was laying beside the bed) and she ducked under the covers.
One of the best memories I have of that biatch..... :D :D :D
My man skill: Keep the pool looking completely clean, clear and inviting year round without even needing to take a sample down to the pool store.
You must be able to accomplish this by never following the directions on the chemicals and just throwing the stuff in until you think "good enuf".
:D :D

Mandelon
08-04-2004, 01:40 PM
I like the kitchen remodel one......:D
Definitely be able to change a flat tire,
start a fire,
cook a basic meal.
Set up a tent without looking like a fool.
Strike up a conversation with a woman....
Give decent directions
Re-shingle a roof.
Cut down a tree without it falling on his car.
Drive well in reverse at frightening speed.
Program the VCR
Say "I am sorry" and "I love you" without wincing too much.
Ask for help when he really needs it. ... But only if its an emergency. :)

lucky
08-04-2004, 01:48 PM
HAVE HER MOTHER HATE YOU - AND HER SISTER TO WANT YOU - AND HER DAD TO DRINK BEER WITH AND TALK ABOUT HER MOM -- THESE ARE BASIC SKILLS BOYS ..
MANDOLIN --- STRIKE UP A CONVESATION ???? ABOUT GIVING YOU A BLOW J- O-BBBER ----- YES --- ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE - AHHH NO - UNLESS IT INVOLVES BEER , BOATS , OR BIGGINS ... OR SLEEPING WITH HER SISTER --
BY THE WAY MY WIFE SAID I COULD SAY THIS ..... :D

Stupid Fast
08-04-2004, 01:53 PM
I just about fell off my chair!
Another that I thought of driveing home..
He must know at least three ways to get to and from work.

eliminatedsprinter
08-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Get pushed around by women while looking like he's in charge.:)
How about to be able to get off the phone with your wife, without getting her pissed on her end and without looking like a wuss to the guys sitting with you on your's.:cool: ;)

Mandelon
08-04-2004, 01:58 PM
HAVE HER MOTHER HATE YOU - AND HER SISTER TO WANT YOU - AND HER DAD TO DRINK BEER WITH AND TALK ABOUT HER MOM -- THESE ARE BASIC SKILLS BOYS ..
MANDOLIN --- STRIKE UP A CONVESATION ???? ABOUT GIVING YOU A BLOW J- O-BBBER ----- YES --- ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE - AHHH NO - UNLESS IT INVOLVES BEER , BOATS , OR BIGGINS ... OR SLEEPING WITH HER SISTER --
Hey, you can talk about whatever you want, but a lot of guys are too chickenshit to do it. So what does your wife say about blowjobs and biggins and sleeping with her sister...?? :D :D

Froggystyle
08-04-2004, 06:15 PM
1:45 for 12 miles was the up hill right....
BJH
Actually, that was both up and down. Total time of ride was 1:45, and 6 miles was straight up. We had to go a little slower than normal on the way down because we totally lost the light. I did hit 34 mph on a descent though. Nothing compared to what Superdave will hit on his bike, but on a rutted singletrack on the edge of a cliff at dusk... 34 ain't bad!

CrazyHippy
08-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Actually, that was both up and down. Total time of ride was 1:45, and 6 miles was straight up. We had to go a little slower than normal on the way down because we totally lost the light. I did hit 34 mph on a descent though. Nothing compared to what Superdave will hit on his bike, but on a rutted singletrack on the edge of a cliff at dusk... 34 ain't bad!
Just wondering.. I ran a 20K (12.2 miles) in 80 min (78:49) and it had between 7-800 feet vert. (Sycamore Canyon loop just south of Pt Mugu) Kinda figured you guys would be kicking my rectum on bikes...
Might have to get out the Ol Mtn bike again... looks like fun
BJH

Hotcrusader76
08-05-2004, 04:15 AM
Back up a trailer on the ramp within the right amount of time....

lucky
08-05-2004, 05:23 AM
Hey, you can talk about whatever you want, but a lot of guys are too chickenshit to do it. So what does your wife say about blowjobs and biggins and sleeping with her sister...?? :D :D
yes sir , what ever you want , can i get you another beer !!! :pig_flyi:

Seadog
08-05-2004, 05:40 AM
Froggy, when were you at Chaffee? I spent my summers there until they started sending us over to Gruber about 1987. My last trip there was a night insertion by Chinook for a recon op against a Ranger team.
A real man should always find a reason to buy a new tool when his wife wants a project done.

1stepcloser
08-05-2004, 06:34 AM
Amen, brother.

Scream
08-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Drive well in reverse at frightening speed.
:)
Gotta love that one.
Build and start a fire,
Change a tire
basic automotive maintenance
basic BOAT maintenance
use hand tools
know what your tools are called and what they were originally inteded to do
Provide for your family
PAY YOUR DEBTS no matter how long it takes.
Oh, I could go on and on, but that backin up thing Mandelon, that's a good one...

Froggystyle
08-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Just wondering.. I ran a 20K (12.2 miles) in 80 min (78:49) and it had between 7-800 feet vert. (Sycamore Canyon loop just south of Pt Mugu) Kinda figured you guys would be kicking my rectum on bikes...
Might have to get out the Ol Mtn bike again... looks like fun
BJH
2000 feet of vert in 5 miles is a no-shitter. Here is a graph from my bike computer... The line going up up up from left to right, kind of brownish is the altitude. The red line is my heart rate (don't get all nervous for me, my max HR is 220), the blue line is speed, and the horizontal axis is time. Temp is on the screen somewhere too. This is only the section of the graph where we were on the trail. There is a 250' climb into the trail too.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4690&stc=1

superdave013
08-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Froggy, Is that little climb at the end the one going out of ATT to the road? And then the downhill after the road back to the bridge?
I ask because I did that little one once with full DH armour and that 52 pound beast ( did hang the full face hemlet off the bars for that one). lol, Had a 40T single chain ring with an 8 speed casset on the back at that time. After a long day just that about killed me. lol

lucky
08-05-2004, 08:59 AM
should be able to weld . torches , tig and mig , stick ... and in a pinch with a 12volt battery..
get up at 4a.m and have his wife make him breakfast ... ( all the women on this board will love this one (joke ) )
know how to work on what they own - and impress the neibors wife cause ya can !!! ( another one that will get me points with the women folk )
can "skin a cat at 2a.m " no matter how fugly she is
can get a bj in the oval office and get two tumbs up from everyother male american
this one serious
volunteer for the draft - not evade it
my favorite -- doesn't care how he types - just proud he can do it ...
eat pickled eggs and beer -
pigs feet are meals ....
cry when you dog dies
happy when your dogs getting some
mad when your dogs on your leg
laugh when he's on your wifes
this is intendeed for my humor only not ment to piss any women off ... :jawdrop: :D

Froggystyle
08-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Froggy, Is that little climb at the end the one going out of ATT to the road? And then the downhill after the road back to the bridge?
I ask because I did that little one once with full DH armour and that 52 pound beast ( did hang the full face hemlet off the bars for that one). lol, Had a 40T single chain ring with an 8 speed casset on the back at that time. After a long day just that about killed me. lol
That is it. You need to make a turn before the obstacles now. Some jackass they call Billy Bobcat, whose real last name is Bofus built a bunch of obstacles to keep everyone off of "his" property. After inspection, it isn't his property, but it isn't ours either, so we get to deal with the BS. This pic is shot from the bypass road coming out of Anderson. It shows the first of his obstacles...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4698&stc=1
So yes, that road in the pic is the one you went out on. The one in the graph is a more aggressive route out that puts you on the road about 1/2 mile further up the asphalt. Basically, the top of the asphalt. It bypasses, but boy does it ever climb out hard. Hoo Yah... You would have been walking your tank. I was nearly in low gear, and gave it hell to climb out in one shot.
Whaddya think of that cyclometer, huh? Thought you would've commented about some kind of wretched excess or something...

wsuwrhr
08-05-2004, 01:42 PM
At least until your wife shows up to vote ey Dave?
Stop by on your way home from downhilling.
Brian

CrazyHippy
08-05-2004, 01:45 PM
That is it. You need to make a turn before the obstacles now. Some jackass they call Billy Bobcat, whose real last name is Bofus built a bunch of obstacles to keep everyone off of "his" property. After inspection, it isn't his property, but it isn't ours either, so we get to deal with the BS. This pic is shot from the bypass road coming out of Anderson. It shows the first of his obstacles...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4698&stc=1
So yes, that road in the pic is the one you went out on. The one in the graph is a more aggressive route out that puts you on the road about 1/2 mile further up the asphalt. Basically, the top of the asphalt. It bypasses, but boy does it ever climb out hard. Hoo Yah... You would have been walking your tank. I was nearly in low gear, and gave it hell to climb out in one shot.
Whaddya think of that cyclometer, huh? Thought you would've commented about some kind of wretched excess or something...
I'll comment on it.... can it tell you what you ate for lunch?? Blood sugar levels???
Looks like fun to me :smilespi: :sqsmile:
BTW... nice looking sea doo boat you are making :D
BJH :p

Froggystyle
08-05-2004, 02:05 PM
I'll comment on it.... can it tell you what you ate for lunch?? Blood sugar levels???
Looks like fun to me :smilespi: :sqsmile:
BTW... nice looking sea doo boat you are making :D
BJH :p
No. It is a heart rate monitor/cyclometer/altimeter/thermometer/caloric computer and with a couple of extra sensors that are on order, it tells you cadence and power exerted. And, like you need it, it can tell you with those last sensors whether or not you are making more power with your left leg or right leg strokes, and compensate while training.

Froggystyle
08-09-2004, 01:20 PM
SuperDave,
Mountain biking tomorrow... Maybe Noble. Wanna come?