PDA

View Full Version : Bands Gather to Stump Against Bush, so much for election reform.

bigq
08-04-2004, 09:56 PM
People are finding all kinds of ways around the election reform, most the money from these concerts are going to places like moveon.org.
I read some of the interview with Bruce and he sounds like he needs to do a little more research. :frown:
one question is how much are they going to whine when people piss on their parade? :cry:
Bands against Bush (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040804/D848F0502.html)

moneypit
08-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Typical hollyood BS.... Anyone who is persuaded by someones else's thoughts is a moron. When ya can't reach a decision on you own or you need someone to play a guitar to help the thought process is comletely lost in my book. Who would actually listen to the Dixie Chicks?
Sounds like a cool concert though. I applaud guys like Toby Keith (keepst to himself)

OGShocker
08-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Swift boat men. (http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video_wmv.html) This video says a lot!

eliminatedsprinter
08-05-2004, 07:35 AM
I think it's good when they come out and state their views. It helps me find out who's music not to purchase. Besides, Bruce Springtien was the big name in this bunch and I have always thought he was overrated. Not that I think his music is really bad, he just hasn't ever done anything I ever wanted to go out and get or spend time listening to...

Magic34
08-05-2004, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=eliminatedsprinter]It helps me find out who's music not to purchase.
Right there with you ES. So for everyone else who gets pissed at celebrities acting like they have an education and can change the world by their song or movie, here is the list of who never to do business with again. If a song by any of these people comes on the radio, the radio goes off in my book.
"From left are Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard: Boyd Tinsley of the Dave Matthews Band, Jackson Browne; Martie Maguire of the Dixie Chicks, Steven Van Zandt from Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Dave Matthews, Bruce Springsteen, Emily Robison of the Dixie Chicks, Patti Scialfa of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie, John Mellencamp, Nick Harmer of Death Cab for Cutie and R.E.M's Mike Mills."

KACHINA KEN
08-05-2004, 08:06 AM
I gotta listen to all this crap for the next month out on the road with all the guys in the band I am working for at the present, I will just keep my views to myself, don't need the headache with these guys.

Froggystyle
08-05-2004, 08:48 AM
"Bands Gather to Stump Against Bush, so much for election reform. "
I for one am glad to see this happen. As far as election reform, I am going to humbly suggest that this is exactly what we want to have happen. Private enterprises spending their money to attract their people to contribute to their cause.
I am all for it. The bummer is, two bands I really like are in hot pursuit of Bush's spot right now, and I like what Bush is doing more than them. So, I will not be buying any DMB or Bruce albums in the near future.

bigq
08-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I have no problem really with them doing this, its just that when the backlash comes and the whinning begins is were I get irritated. The ones that think they know best and thats the way it is, when someone disagrees they call it censorship :confused:
The left has Bruce, Eddie Vedder and so on and the right has ....uh , Kid Rock and Jessica Simpson, not the sharpest tools in the shed. :wink: , but I won't be disappointed in seeing Jessica Simpson...mmmmm :D

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Well they interviewed 2 of the 3 Dixie Chicks, I think Dave Mathews and............I don't know who the third guy was.......It was kinda sad. They were confused as to why people wanted to hear them play their songs and not voice their opinion. One of the Dixie Chicks made a point of saying that not all of them would voice an opinon onstage. She said there might just be pamphlets handed out in the Lobby. (what world does she live in?)
Kachina Ken: why do you not like Mercruiser?

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Kachina Ken: why do you not like Mercruiser?
Lay you money it's got something to do with a warranty issue...

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Think about this. How often have you sat and read in quiet agreement feeling good about someone supporting your views? I'll bet everyone here has. Now think about how 'annoying' it is when you hear about people supporting a view that you do not share. Wouldn't it be nice if they could be squelched?
When the freedom to express views is lost, we are done for.

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 08:33 PM
As far as I am concerned, if they want to put together a protest and sing songs... good for them. They are just another liberal with a microphone and 30000 watts of PA behind them. Means nothing to me. What is done with the money is important, as soft money is supposed to be outski... and it doesn't come any softer than from the hands of a bunch of friggin musicians.

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Think about this. How often have you sat and read in quiet agreement feeling good about someone supporting your views? I'll bet everyone here has. Now think about how 'annoying' it is when you hear about people supporting a view that you do not share. Wouldn't it be nice if they could be squelched?
When the freedom to express views is lost, we are done for.
I disapprove of what you say but i will defend to the death your right to say it. .....Voltaire.

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 08:53 PM
I read in the Liberace biography that Voltaire was gay as a cherry tree.
Also, Lee wasn't gay, just misunderstood.

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Well he was French...............
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary for man to invent him...."

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 09:04 PM
This guy sounds almost as sharp as George Carlin.

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 09:06 PM
lol :D
Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung............

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 09:07 PM
When shit becomes valuable the poor will be born without assholes.

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 09:11 PM
If life is an illusion, and the illusion is life, lets all get drunk and steal roadcones..........Roberts " Drugs and Alchohol"

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 09:12 PM
I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately. - Carlin
BTW, that last quote was McLean and McLean. :D

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 09:15 PM
I L O V E George Carlin................(sigh) :)
The unexamined life is not worth living.............Socrates

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Would you like fries with that? - Ronald McDonald

bigq
08-05-2004, 10:29 PM
"we'll keep the light on for ya".. Tom Bodell
Thought I'd jump in here :idea:

bigq
08-05-2004, 10:34 PM
"They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth"-Plato
aint that the ..uh... truth :)