PDA

View Full Version : Wh planning for Labor day (havasu)

moneypit
08-04-2004, 10:51 PM
So, who's all planning a trip to Havasu for Labor day weekend.

OGShocker
08-04-2004, 10:54 PM
We'll be here... But I doubt we will go on the water. Rookie weekend. Have a good time if you go..

Ivan Dan
08-04-2004, 10:55 PM
I am going to fight the crowds atleast a day or two that weekend. :sqsmile:

moneypit
08-04-2004, 11:01 PM
I dont know if I'd call it a "rookie weekend" I'd just call it a mix between people who work there ass's off all the time then finally take a few days off with a goverment "perk" day and the people who have no business being behind the wheel.
But I catch your drift.......

XtrmWakeborder
08-04-2004, 11:42 PM
I'll be there, can't wait! I'm usually at parker so now i can go see the big boats run, and even though my little boats going to get knocked around pretty good it'll be fun.

essexjet
08-04-2004, 11:45 PM
I was planning on going but with whats has happened in havasu and the river over the past months I am not sure now. It will be the first time I missed in seven years. Might just go before and after the holiday weekend.

Bre
08-05-2004, 05:13 AM
I think we are gonna rent a pontoon so we can run into all of you :idea2: :D
No really though. We will be camping on the Point at Crazyhorse...and most likey we will be renting a pontoon. There's no way our boat is going on the water :argue:

Roxysnow
08-05-2004, 06:56 AM
We will be there Labor weekend at the ZOOOOOO!. We'll be at the Nautical inn. If anybody would like to get drinks at the Turtle, let me know. My wife and I would love to meet some of HB board members.

Scream
08-05-2004, 06:59 AM
We're stayin home. If not for anyother reason, we've got tickets to Sunday Nights NASCAR Race in Fontucky.
:smilespi: :smilespi: :smilespi:

JET-O-VATOR
08-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Ill Be Up River In Willow Valley That Weekend....

King on the River
08-05-2004, 02:09 PM
I now have a 2b 2 ba condo on the lake that I will not be able to use for Labor Day Week. There also is a boat slip avail and a kitchen. All resonable offers will be considered. I have it Sept 3rd through the 10th (whole week).
You can email me at gortega@charter.net
I hope someone will have a blast
Thanks,
George

King on the River
08-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Pictures of the resort that I have available.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1697HCL.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1697PropImage_215_2.jpg

Phat Matt
08-12-2004, 11:15 AM
We'll be there that weekend and the weekend before.

Totally IncapASSitated
08-12-2004, 11:17 AM
I'll be out there with Ivan Dan for the weekend...would luv to meet up with some of you HB peeps for some cold ones if anyone is interested. We will be breaking in the soon to be finished pool also.

Ducatista
08-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Going to start the extravaganza the week before Labor Day at Martinez, with the GTX in tow, for the annual opening dove season boys trip. Hunt the earily morning in the Yuma area, then play on the river the rest of the day & do it again & again & again! Then back to the Havazoo for the entire week of Labor Day..........god help us! Actually by about Wed the 8'th, most of the crazies are gone, and the lake will be beckoning to nurture me back to health, after the boys hunting/river trip in Yuma. Bring it on baby! :cool:

Essex502
08-12-2004, 12:13 PM
We skip all of the big weekends....we'll be there the weekend before and the weekend after though! Have fun and keep you eyes peeled for the noise police.

OGShocker
08-12-2004, 12:52 PM
We'll be here... But I doubt we will go on the water. Rookie weekend. Have a good time if you go..
I am a dumbass. I will be in Fontana for the NASCAR night race. Ooops. :rolleyes:

HOOTER SLED-
08-12-2004, 01:33 PM
I'll be up in Laughlin that weekend. Gonna maybe head down to Havasu on Friday(not as crazy as Saturday I'm sure). Saturday and Sunday on Mojave. It's not AS crazy up in Laughlin, but still alot of action. It would be cool to hook up with some peeps. You Havasu folks could always head up to Laughlin for a day or night to party. Little bit more nightlife I think. I may even share a beer. :D

HOOTER SLED-
08-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Wonder if The Channel will be shut down during the holiday weekend?? Does Steamboat shutdown?

slowinhavasu
08-12-2004, 04:33 PM
OG shoker, is that your boat in the back yard of a house off of mcculloch and chemawavi (i know i screwed that one up )
The channel will be open. Subject to closure for high CO counts.
Sandbar will be closed. All else should be open.
I'll be up here on the hill hangin in the pool.Maybe take the Jeep down to the turtle for a drink....
We wen't down to the channel over the fourth, almost made out without a fight, last five minutes, dumb ass trys to run over some poor girls hangin in a open spot. Just becuase your in a boat does not mean you have the right to park where people are sittin in the water in the channel.....don't get me started...
Any way be safe, and leave the attitude at home...you on vacation, RELAX... :)

Steph
08-13-2004, 06:30 AM
I hope we will be out there. We just need to get people together and get my boys bro to go or get my parents boat.
I haven't been all summer, which sucks! And its close to my boys bday so hopefully we'll be out there for some much needed fun.

Ducatista
08-13-2004, 08:09 AM
Wonder if The Channel will be shut down during the holiday weekend?? Does Steamboat shutdown?
Steamboat will be open, so will the channel unless the CO levels get too dangerous, they will prevent traffic from entering.

wantacat
08-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Taking off to laughlin that tuesday, will probably take a cruise to havasu on saturday. Will be hanging out in steamboat!

King on the River
08-19-2004, 10:49 PM
I now have a 2b 2 ba condo on the lake that I will not be able to use for Labor Day Week. There also is a boat slip avail and a kitchen. All resonable offers will be considered. I have it Sept 3rd through the 10th (whole week).
Thanks,
George
will take $900 for the week!!!

King on the River
08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks,
George
Need to rent will take $600
Call #760-559-3812

Kachina26
09-04-2004, 09:15 AM
No offense boss, but that's almost $100 a night. I found this on their website.......
Featured Special:
Rooms starting from $79.00 per night. Offer valid through September 31, 2004. Some restrictions may apply.
Call 1-866-331-9231
for Reservations
I realize that Labor day will be a little more, but that's not really a smoking deal even at 600 for the week.

dicudmore
09-04-2004, 09:24 AM
I think we are gonna rent a pontoon so we can run into all of you :idea2: :D
No really though. We will be camping on the Point at Crazyhorse...and most likey we will be renting a pontoon. There's no way our boat is going on the water :argue:
should have said somethine earlier, I'd let ya borrow my pontoon, just be careful who ya crash it into :cool:

King on the River
09-04-2004, 09:41 AM
No offense boss, but that's almost $100 a night. I found this on their website.......
Featured Special:
Rooms starting from $79.00 per night. Offer valid through September 31, 2004. Some restrictions may apply.
Call 1-866-331-9231
for Reservations
I realize that Labor day will be a little more, but that's not really a smoking deal even at 600 for the week.
The 79 per night starting is mon - thurs in a studio (hotel room type) and you would most likely not be able to get a boat slip (owners get first) the holiday rate for a 2 bedroom condo is around $375 per night three night min. It is a great deal... but sorry someone grabed it up already...