PDA

View Full Version : Magic / Sleek Demo Day'z

Havaparty
08-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Here we go again, yes we are having yet another Demo Day's weekend at the Nautical Inn on the island in Lake Havasu City. It will be held on August
28th and 29th at the courtesy docks. Come by and test drive any one of our line up.
Thanks,
Darrin.
928 399 0398 Cell or just PM me.

CJ
08-05-2004, 09:33 AM
DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING FROM ANY BUILDER.
I have yet to enter my story into the annals of boating, however suffice it to say, if you choose to use a custom design veryify their policy of design duplication and get it in writing from whomever has the power to speak for the company. After much research, I am not the first and per the words of the owner, likely won't be the last.
And research well. Whatever builder you decide upon, ask the right questions, get it in writing and definitely ask for a lot of opinions before you drop this kind of cash.
My opinion and my opinion only . . . Nice boat. Poor attitude and integrity, mostly at the top.

Kilrtoy
08-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Nice boat. Poor attitude and integrity, mostly at the top
Are we talking about magic.....

CJ
08-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Yes I am. Sorry if I was unclear. I'm hoping my experience educates others.

Toomstone
08-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Nice boat. Poor attitude and integrity, mostly at the top
kilr...take a look at his profile, it answers your question :eek: :idea2: :yuk: magic rocks...great customer for me since ive had the boat

CJ
08-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Glad you are happy toomstone! You have a beautiful boat. Mine would have been also. You will probably see it out there soon. I will be posting my story soon. I hate to hear all the stories. I just want it to be educational rather than the ranting of a lunatic like we so often hear.
I learned a lesson, lost the option to own a boat which I have loved for years, and now months away rather than weeks from getting a new boat, all due to a very poor business policy and lack of integrity.
My 5 year old son knows the definition of integrity. Magic/Sleek/Power Marine clearly does not, at least the ones who make the decisions.

Toomstone
08-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Glad you are happy toomstone! You have a beautiful boat. Mine would have been also. You will probably see it out there soon. I will be posting my story soon. I hate to hear all the stories. I just want it to be educational rather than the ranting of a lunatic like we so often hear.
I learned a lesson, lost the option to own a boat which I have loved for years, and now months away rather than weeks from getting a new boat, all due to a very poor business policy and lack of integrity.
My 5 year old son knows the definition of integrity. Magic/Sleek/Power Marine clearly does not, at least the ones who make the decisions.
thanks alot cj... i am actually very interested in reading your story. no offense to havaparty and i dont know if this makes a difference but i bought my boat right before all the salesmen were fired. and our salesmen was really nice i actually met him with his deckboat in the channel. then worked with him from then on. we've had a few things broken that were our own fault that they fixed at no charge including a chip in a ski locker door and a blown amp. once again im sorry what happened and i really would like read in on what happened you.
toomstone

DogHouse
08-05-2004, 05:45 PM
kilr...take a look at his profile, it answers your question :eek: :idea2: :yuk: magic rocks...great customer for me since ive had the boat
Don't be too quick to judge. CJ may have a good reason to be dissatisfied. I'd like to hear the whole story. Many people have reported problems with this company, usually with the top brass. Others such as you and me have had a good experience. Problems seem to start when there is a significant disagreement between the customer and the company about some design feature, execution of the design, condition of the boat, etc, that will end up costing the company some money. When that happens, the usual response seems to be showing someone to the door with a Swift (little inside joke there) kick in the ass. :argue:
Now I will also say that in at least one case there was "the other" side of the story in which the customer was out of line in my opinion. Of course this is all just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions! :D
I'm very thankful that my boat came out to my liking! :)
Oh yeah, and pass the popcorn, with butter please! :D

Toomstone
08-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Don't be too quick to judge. CJ may have a good reason to be dissatisfied. I'd like to hear the whole story. Many people have reported problems with this company, usually with the top brass. Others such as you and me have had a good experience. Problems seem to start when there is a significant disagreement between the customer and the company about some design feature, execution of the design, condition of the boat, etc, that will end up costing the company some money. When that happens, the usual response seems to be showing someone to the door with a Swift (little inside joke there) kick in the ass. :argue:
Now I will also say that in at least one case there was "the other" side of the story in which the customer was out of line in my opinion. Of course this is all just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions! :D
I'm very thankful that my boat came out to my liking! :)
Oh yeah, and pass the popcorn, with butter please! :D
i agree 100%...i am looking forward to reading up on his story when he posts it. :D

CJ
08-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Now I will also say that in at least one case there was "the other" side of the story in which the customer was out of line in my opinion. Of course this is all just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!
This is exactly why I am being critical of my own story. I don't want to come off as crazy and surely want to be as objective as possible.
Everyone here knows me. I started So Cal Hot Boats, with JNJHost I hosted the websites of many of the people who are regulars here. I have not been as active as I have wished due to kids and changes in career.
I should post in the next couple of days. Meanwhile, call me if you wish. I am a public guy not hiding behind anything. 714-283-8670.

DogHouse
08-05-2004, 06:02 PM
CJ, I think I met you once. I seem to remember floating in Thompson Bay, maybe at one of the Parade of Lights trips where a bunch of us were out running around during the day. 2-3 years ago or so. I had a 23 Cheetah at the time. Hope everything turns out as good as possible with your new ride...
-brian

CJ
08-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Probably so. I never miss the Parade of lights and make a point of getting out on the boat no matter how cold.
We'll be there this year, most likely in the Commander as I have to work Plan B into the budget. Hopefully with my financial background I can figure it out just right. No way I'm letting them have the satisfaction of me getting a lesser boat. :D
Anyone hitting the SCOPE poker run? That'll be my next outing.

hava life
08-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Majic boats have salesmen? the wife and I went to look at there boats and all we meet was the receptionist. She didn't even know where the sales people were. We waited and looked around the shop on or own, went back to her and she had forgotten about us. That was all it took for us never been back.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-05-2004, 06:15 PM
MMMMMM magic :idea:

Magic34
08-05-2004, 06:27 PM
CJ, sorry to hear how unhappy you are with your experience. I am on my second Magic, and I would refer the company and boats to ANYONE without question. My next boat will be a Magic as well (or a 38' Slingshot :smilespi: ).
To hear how a company can be at the top of one person's list, but at the bottom of others makes you wonder what went wrong. I hope you can find what would make you happy with your purchase decision. It's hard to spend that much money and be disappointed at the end.
Good luck CJ.

CJ
08-05-2004, 08:22 PM
38' Slingshot all the way!! I'd pick that over just about anything anyway.
I guess you can compare this situation to Savage Marine. My experience with them has been terrible. They have a reputation of great work, but everyone, even the ones who go there, know Steve and what he's all about. His wife seems sweet but Steve has the final word. He treated me like S**T, literally because my boat was small. (no kidding, that is what he told me) I am out one Gaffrig GPS guage which I will never recover. I was outa there quick. This is the first I have mentioned it online.
There are many a**holes who succeed. They lose in the end, whether it is their soul, their money or their family. I have two in my family who were ULTRA successful, and now completely broke, all due to their character. Grow a conscience and keep your business. F**K people and you will be F**Ked back sooner or later. Karma is real and I don't fear my future like some should.
Unfortunately most won't heed my experience, but the few who learn will get a great boat FROM WHOMEVER they choose and not be F**Ked in the end as I was.
Sucks. I have been trying to cool down since Sunday but all this conversation is heating me up again. I would have had a rockin' boat in probably about a week if they had just done things right!!! But I didn't "click" as a Magic customer, one has said. Their loss.

wantacat
08-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Interesting.....I would like to know the story as well. I am very interested of purchasing a Magic or a Force the beginning of next year. I went to Magic once, the one in Rancho cucamonga and i was thinking they were going to treat me different because im young (22) but they were very cool. That was step one, I hate being treated like im too young so they passed my first test.:D

Toomstone
08-05-2004, 08:31 PM
38' Slingshot all the way!! I'd pick that over just about anything anyway.
I guess you can compare this situation to Savage Marine. My experience with them has been terrible. They have a reputation of great work, but everyone, even the ones who go there, know Steve and what he's all about. His wife seems sweet but Steve has the final word. He treated me like S**T, literally because my boat was small. (no kidding, that is what he told me) I am out one Gaffrig GPS guage which I will never recover. I was outa there quick. This is the first I have mentioned it online.
There are many a**holes who succeed. They lose in the end, whether it is their soul, their money or their family. I have two in my family who were ULTRA successful, and now completely broke, all due to their character. Grow a conscience and keep your business. F**K people and you will be F**Ked back sooner or later. Karma is real and I don't fear my future like some should.
Unfortunately most won't heed my experience, but the few who learn will get a great boat FROM WHOMEVER they choose and not be F**Ked in the end as I was.
Sucks. I have been trying to cool down since Sunday but all this conversation is heating me up again. I would have had a rockin' boat in probably about a week if they had just done things right!!! But I didn't "click" as a Magic customer, one has said. Their loss.
when are you posting your whole story CJ???? :confused:

Toomstone
08-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Interesting.....I would like to know the story as well. I am very interested of purchasing a Magic or a Force the beginning of next year. I went to Magic once, the one in Rancho cucamonga and i was thinking they were going to treat me different because im young (22) but they were very cool. That was step one, I hate being treated like im too young so they passed my first test.:D
what boat are you looking to get???

wantacat
08-05-2004, 08:34 PM
28 Magic or 29 force. Doing all my research now and ive narrowed it down to those two. Just very worried about the insurance rates....

Toomstone
08-05-2004, 08:43 PM
28 Magic or 29 force. Doing all my research now and ive narrowed it down to those two. Just very worried about the insurance rates....
well there both nice boats... but so far for us magic has had some really great customer service. we got to there shop early around seven on a saturday morning picking up that ski locker i mentioned that was chipped. he installed it and they told us we owed em' nothing. so i told them my subs werent working since the last trip and he told us to go back up to the factory and he would get it fixed as quick as he could so we could still get on the lake early. i went up to the factory and found out the amp was blown. we had a fairly nice sony amp in there and he proceeded to tell us that they didnt use the sony amp anymore and he was going to replace it with a JL amp. JL is a top of the line amp and sub maker. we still ended up getting on the lake around 8 with an awesome amp because of their great service. they are in the factory before seven working on the boats. great company to look into. im still looking forward to reading CJ's story.
toomstone

wantacat
08-05-2004, 08:57 PM
toomstone
Thanks for the info about their service. I havn't heard anything bad about magic. waiting to hear the story....

CJ
08-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Force seems like a great boat. I met the owner when he first opened the doors at the LA Boat show a few years ago and he was great! Very informative and seemed pretty humble. I have spoken to him several times over the years and he always takes the time out, remembers me and never bugs me about buying one of his boats. He's constantly in Havasu. Bumped into him many times.
I am looking at that also, however I'm not sure about the center console. Might feel odd to me. Who knows.
Wantacat! I have the guy for you for insurance. Call Ron Williams at Farmers 480-451-6676. He had an incredible rate for me. He'll be back in town and in the office on Monday. I was very afraid after collecting a few quotes from Markel and Trafalger and he came through for me with a very affordable rate AND they knew it was a cat amazingly enough.

Havaparty
08-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Post your own thread CJ!!!!!

CJ
08-06-2004, 06:28 AM
Done! Thanks Darrin. By the way, thanks for keeping me in the dark. You knew my excitement and how hard I worked on this boat. You say you had nothing to do with it, but you said nothing the whole while. :mad: :mad: :mad:

sigepmock
08-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Havaparty
"Post your own thread CJ!!!!!"
Wow....I just read CJ's story and I am sorry he had such a bad experience. I know there are two sides to every story but with a response like the one above, I am starting to think Magic is the bad guy. I think there are a hundred more professional ways to ask CJ to take his story to a different thread. Low class all the way Darrin.

CJ
08-06-2004, 07:27 AM
THANKS!! This was the perfect place to talk about Magic. In a Magic thread. I did post my story in it's own thread tho.
I would love to hear that Demo Dayz was really "Demo the companies policies Dayz" Make sure you get your answers from the owner also, as Darrin, gesturing with his hands behind his back, mentioned he couldn't do anything about it. I would hope that was true.

tcook33
08-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Majic boats have salesmen? the wife and I went to look at there boats and all we meet was the receptionist. She didn't even know where the sales people were. We waited and looked around the shop on or own, went back to her and she had forgotten about us. That was all it took for us never been back.
I was invloved in an identical scenario. :idea:

hava life
08-06-2004, 07:45 AM
a couple friends have forces One bought one of there 1st 29's. He is happy with the boat but has had problems with the motor and outdrive. The other guy I know has about the same problems just a bigger hp. setup. One thing I have noticed is John at Force always took care of them. They might not be to happy with Force but from what I have seen John has gone out of his way to try to make things right. When you put 780 hp. naturaly asperated, you will have a few bugs to work out, not only on the boat but the driver error is hard for some people to take.

CJ
08-06-2004, 07:48 AM
They off'd the sales department early this year. I heard why from a good source but don't really want to go into it. They say things are running smoother with less cutthroat. Hell, cutthroat is what makes a good salesman, right? I choose to think every company in sales needs at least one dedicated saleman, not just the guy who purchases and organizes things.
I actually met the owner and the whole crew late last year at the Regatta when I was talking with them about a sales position. Their necessary schedule didn't fit so I didn't join. I know that if I had joined, I would have made a difference. I guess I would have been off'd with the rest of the guys tho, so good thing I didn't join. Plus they couldn't get a license to sell in Fontana so you have riggers showing you a boat out there.

CJ
08-06-2004, 07:51 AM
Havalife, Hava any lots for sale? I'm looking for some opportunities out there. I understand all the builders are buying up the lots. There is a lot next to me I want to buy but the owners are not responding.

Toomstone
08-06-2004, 07:53 AM
They off'd the sales department early this year. I heard why from a good source but don't really want to go into it. They say things are running smoother with less cutthroat. Hell, cutthroat is what makes a good salesman, right? I choose to think every company in sales needs at least one dedicated saleman, not just the guy who purchases and organizes things.
I actually met the owner and the whole crew late last year at the Regatta when I was talking with them about a sales position. Their necessary schedule didn't fit so I didn't join. I know that if I had joined, I would have made a difference. I guess I would have been off'd with the rest of the guys tho, so good thing I didn't join. Plus they couldn't get a license to sell in Fontana so you have riggers showing you a boat out there.
the riggers may not know how to sell, but they probably know a hell of a lot more than the salesman :rolleyes: :boxed: