PDA

View Full Version : Size of the Boat?

Roxysnow
08-05-2004, 09:43 AM
We are getting ready to purchase a new boat. I need some advise on the size of the boat. We are looking at a 30' sleek. It is a gorgeous boat, but also is a beast in size. What are your opinions on the size of boat? too big for Havasu? Good for Catalina runs? Any advice would be great. Thanks :idea:

Scream
08-05-2004, 09:45 AM
The answer is yes...
Plenty of boats on Havasu larger than 30'. Great size to trailer.

Keithb87
08-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Ok... I have to post it..... I tried not to for 5 minutes.....
It's not the size of the "boat" that matters, It's the motion of the ocean :D

AquaBoogie
08-05-2004, 10:08 AM
I've seen some monsters on Havasu and you can never be too big for the ocean.

welk2party
08-05-2004, 10:22 AM
We are getting ready to purchase a new boat. I need some advise on the size of the boat. We are looking at a 30' sleek. It is a gorgeous boat, but also is a beast in size. What are your opinions on the size of boat? too big for Havasu? Good for Catalina runs? Any advice would be great. Thanks :idea:
I think that the 30' is perfect all around size for use in both the lake and the ocean. :cool:

91nordic29
08-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Ok... I have to post it..... I tried not to for 5 minutes.....
It's not the size of the "boat" that matters, It's the motion of the ocean :D
but, it takes a LONG TIME to get to england in a rowboat! :)

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-05-2004, 10:44 AM
but, it takes a LONG TIME to get to england in a rowboat! :)
That Sleek is an Awesome boat! I have been in 3do's old one many times at the river and in the ocean. You will get used to it quick. My 36 is still ok to trailer. If I were you I would get the 32 Heritage because of the twins but thats just me. Either boats are awesome! Dont get less then a 500hp. That I know for sure!

LHC30Victory
08-05-2004, 10:47 AM
we have run our 30 at Havasu for a year now and it is great! There has been nothing I have had to slow down for and with twins, the slow speed hadling is awesome :)
Even with a single, the ride will be worth it. I can get into copper, steamboat, op6c locs etc with no problem.

Quality Time
08-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Go as big as you can now, because you will be upgrading in the future ;)

CJ
08-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Make sure you research everything written about any boat builder before you buy a boat. I thought I had then got screwed by my builder, then the owner said he wouldn't guarantee he wouldn't do it again on the next boat and only cared about the money.
Be careful, ask the right questions, get it in writing and demand quality, service and integrity. There are many builders who can offer this to you. I failed to find it on my first try. On to Plan B! I think that's what I'll name my next boat.

Quality Time
08-05-2004, 02:00 PM
CJ brings up some good points. Definitly go for a sea trial on any boat model you are considering.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Good point! I'll take you out on the 36 and you will love it! Cheap too!

mbrown2
08-05-2004, 02:08 PM
If you are looking at a 30 Sleek, how much is it? If you really want to do the ocean look at the great deal on Friend of AA and TA's Baja...that's even a bigger boat that will fit right at home in the ocean....also, with twins it will easier to trailer and drive a bigger boat....

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-05-2004, 02:10 PM
If you are looking at a 30 Sleek, how much is it? If you really want to do the ocean look at the great deal on Friend of AA and TA's Baja...that's even a bigger boat that will fit right at home in the ocean....also, with twins it will easier to trailer and drive a bigger boat....
I will dig it up! Thanks!

Thunder Struck
08-05-2004, 02:40 PM
We have a 38' and its still ok to tow around!! The prob. is we get thrown out of the channel in Havasu all the time! We even went as far as putting 35 on the side but it only made things worse with the police. :(

Thunder Struck
08-05-2004, 02:44 PM
So true!! already looking for a new one!