PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to Cali... things I should be aware of?

Drunk tank
08-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Well on August 15th I'm making my voyage back to Cali after living in CO since I was 16 (now 24). What are some things i should be aware of now? After living with all these redneck bastards I've developed a fondness for 4wheelin, shootin, and drinkin lots of hooch.... things for some reason I think CA might not be to fond of for some reason. So I'm coommin on out driving my lifted jeep that likes to run over small fur bearing animals with a bunch of guns in the back and a small uhaul in tow. Any stuff ya think i should know pertaining to some of the above mentioned? Can you still drive on the beach?
I'm still gonna keep my permanant address in CO at my parents house so I can avoid paying 20x registration fees to the DMV and the whole smog shit as well as be able to still buy any gun I want. I'll just be working as an out of state consultant and keep all my addy info for anywhere I get a job back in CO. My parents just fedex me anything important. Hope that whole thing is legal :idea:
BTW, I'll be moving to San Clemente in Orange County. Any of ya all live round there? Also, gonna be lookin for some place to store my boat when it gets brought out before winter... anyone have a spare chunk a land ya would be willin to rent? (its the little boat in my sig)
Thanks everyone,
Ryan

carbonmarine
08-05-2004, 03:07 PM
YES !!! Beware that there is tons of great Mexican food.... It you dont watch it , you'd indeed throw on 10 to 15 lbs real quick !
Rick32

WaTchTheGelCoat
08-05-2004, 03:08 PM
What part of Cali you movin to?

AngryJosh
08-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Hey, welcome back to Cali.
Thing to watch out for? Oh, I dont know... How about fake ass women, crooked cops, criminals, politicians, stupid laws, higher prices, illegal aliens, stupid people, more stupid people, and oh, did I mention FAKE ASS WOMEN!!!
Let the games begin
AngryJosh
Oh, and if you get desperate I live in Lancaster and would run... errr, I mean store your boat for you :wink:

Coach
08-05-2004, 03:12 PM
We now have 2 pro soccer teams, but still no Pro Football :mad:
San Clemente is great. We have a beach house there. The Fishermans Warf is great at the pier. Great drink and food specials during happy hour. Also Sonny's on El Camino Real is also very good.

topless
08-05-2004, 03:18 PM
You would fit right in Norco but I don't know about San Clemente. Welcome back. :smilespi:

Roxysnow
08-05-2004, 03:21 PM
You picked a great place to move too. Might want to sell the guns in Colorado cuz you're going to have to make a grip to live were you're goin! Good Luck!

ROZ
08-05-2004, 03:22 PM
If you want to drive on the beach, you'll have to go to Mexico, Pismo, or Humbolt(got weed?)...
There is a residence law regarding the amount of time you're here vs having to register your vehicle here. Get away with it as long as you can...lol
Goin' back to Kali

mirvin
08-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Why the hell would you want to come back here???? ARe you an illegal alien or maybe a liberal??? :)
mirvin :sqsmile:

Froggystyle
08-05-2004, 03:23 PM
What are some things i should be aware of now?
Watch yer bunghole bud...
(Movie quote)

rivercrazy
08-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Fires, floods, earthquakes, droughts, silicone, homo's, mass murderers, drug addicts, traffic, smog, high home prices, criminal gasoline prices, bleeding heart liberals, self promoting hollywood types, attention whores, high taxes, etc. :p
But its one the best climates and some of the most beautiful and varied topography on earth! :smilespi: And some damn great boating!

summerlove
08-05-2004, 03:35 PM
In order:
1. Stay away from Lake havasu. It really sucks.
2. Carbonmarine lives here so why would you want to?
3. San Clemente is cool, but the ladies are hot.
4. It is cheap to register yur car in california now.
5. As a result of #4, the state is bankrupt. :)
6. Watch for DUI checkpoints on Del Obispo.
7. Rubio's has the best mexican food. Period. Carbon is right, you WILL gain an unwanted 15 pounds, and that is just the beer.
8. Bathing suit of choice in San Clemente is surf trou.
9. Bathing suit of choice in Laguna Beach is a speedo :rolleyes:
and # 10......
You'll always get lucky at the Lil Shrimp on PCH..... :rolleyes:

mirvin
08-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Is #5 a joke meant to incite us, or are you serious???
mirvin :smilespi:

Kim Hanson
08-05-2004, 03:46 PM
In order:
1. Stay away from Lake havasu. It really sucks.
2. Carbonmarine lives here so why would you want to?
3. San Clemente is cool, but the ladies are hot.
4. It is cheap to register yur car in california now.
5. As a result of #4, the state is bankrupt. :)
6. Watch for DUI checkpoints on Del Obispo.
7. Rubio's has the best mexican food. Period. Carbon is right, you WILL gain an unwanted 15 pounds, and that is just the beer.
8. Bathing suit of choice in San Clemente is surf trou.
9. Bathing suit of choice in Laguna Beach is a speedo :rolleyes:
and # 10......
You'll always get lucky at the Lil Shrimp on PCH..... :rolleyes:
Stay away from Lake havasu. It really sucks....**** you, it rocks...........( . )( . ).......... :rolleyes:

Dave C
08-05-2004, 03:47 PM
yes he is, he has a short memory.
DT, don't come to Norcal if you know whats good for you.

cdog
08-05-2004, 03:48 PM
If you have a AR15 or Ak in your gun collection and get caught with it, it's jail time!
Call Turners Outdoorsman in Orange and find out if your guns are legal here before you bring them. Or just keep them on the DL.
San Clemente is probably one of the best places to live in socal. I hope you have lots of money. Good luck

summerlove
08-05-2004, 03:49 PM
it was just a joke - notice the smiley! But it was also for pure enjoyment..... :rolleyes: :D

summerlove
08-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Stay away from Lake havasu. It really sucks....**** you, it rocks...........( . )( . ).......... :rolleyes:
Shhhh..... :rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
08-05-2004, 03:51 PM
YES !!! Beware that there is tons of great Mexican food.... It you dont watch it , you'd indeed throw on 10 to 15 lbs real quick !
Rick32
Yep, the mexican food..... the food I SO MISS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn you had to go there?!?!?
CDOG: You dont say :idea: :jawdrop: Trust me on this one...Dont do it on the DL...get rid of them. I can offer you my attorney if you dont.

summerlove
08-05-2004, 03:52 PM
yes he is, he has a short memory.
Geez man, lighten up! ;) I was only having fun with it! :D

Jeanyus
08-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Don't forget your english to mexican, translation dictionary

summerlove
08-05-2004, 03:53 PM
Don't forget your english to mexican, translation dictionary
finally..... :D

mirvin
08-05-2004, 03:56 PM
it was just a joke - notice the smiley! But it was also for pure enjoyment..... :rolleyes: :D
I knew it!!!!:devil: :wink: Damn you Summerlove :smilespi:
mirvin :D

Drunk tank
08-05-2004, 03:59 PM
BTW.... I grew up in San Clemente till I moved to CO at 16. Thank god the old part of town is still the same and Sonnys, the Fishermans, and Pedros is still around.... good god I cant wait to get some pedros :drool: Main reason I'm going there is cause thats where all my family is (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...) Gonna be staying with my grandparents for 1-3 months while I get myself setup out there and find a nice place. Gonna be hard cause I NEED a garage and lots of 220V outlets for the welder, Air Compressor, Mill (when i get it).

Dave C
08-05-2004, 04:01 PM
:) ;)
Geez man, lighten up! ;) I was only having fun with it! :D

Drunk tank
08-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Why the hell would you want to come back here???? ARe you an illegal alien or maybe a liberal??? :)
mirvin :sqsmile:
Things I am not: Mexican, Liberal, or queer.
Things I am: American, Conservative, and LOVE those fake bitches!
If the bitches is Fake, I'll be hittin it and ditchin it... might give her 5 bucks for the cab ride home if she done me good.
Now the girls that are real with all them fake body parts...... Thats the shit I love! Bring the bolt-ons on!!!.... Even though I'm all about the ass and legs, boobies are cool too.

Goodtime$
08-05-2004, 04:05 PM
ahh the CLEM, i grew up there and Dana Point.
Things have changed a bit, there are out of control houses inland now like tolega and off pico so watch out for soccer moms in suburbans, bad attitudes and horrible credit history.
Pedros is still there, there is a Pizza Port now, try the Carlsbad Chronic beer gooddddddd.
Apple market is gone, something new is coming in. There is still a lot of marines, crooked cops, annoying fake rich people and beach shreds. Have fun and good look finding boat storage in San Clemente? I dont know of much besides the uhaul joint. Try your driveway maybe might work.
oh yah traffic has steadly increased 10folds over the past 5 years too.

Drunk tank
08-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Think Cali might just be better off havin another conservative out there. But I swear to god... the first person that either expects me to know how to speek spanish or laughs at me cause I dont is gonna get punched in the face and then I'll run em over with an MT/R.

Jeanyus
08-05-2004, 04:13 PM
You'll have trouble ordering food in resteraunts, buying ammo, and anything else unless you speak spanish. They even teach school in spanish, and have a translator for the 1 kid that speaks english.

Drunk tank
08-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Also, wheres the best places to meet hotties out there? (in either Orange county or San Diego County) Unfortunatly the girls I know back here have one year of school left and then theyre movin out to cali as well... I love my little CO harem! Good thing theyll be commin out to visit.
All I know is San Clemente since I'd go out there every now and then to visit family. Seems all thats there are high school girls

PlyaPlya22
08-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Welcome back :eek!: I think

hava life
08-05-2004, 05:12 PM
sell the guns you'll need the money is true, very expensive. :eek!: anyway where would you shot a gun at :confused: If you don't know spanish you might want to learn a few words just to get by :) San clamente and dana point are great places as long as you don't go anywhere on the weekends or after work, don't forget about the gridlock on the streets and freeways.

TCHB
08-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Brings lots of CASH$$$ and everything will be ok.

Desert Rat
08-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Watch yer bunghole bud...
(Movie quote)
Yeah What he said
And RAIDER FANS!!!!!!!!

Drunk tank
08-05-2004, 05:29 PM
sell the guns you'll need the money is true, very expensive. :eek!: anyway where would you shot a gun at :confused:
Well arnt there alot of illigals out there???
Actually, I can speak spanish pretty well but thats cause my dads side of the family is from Spain. But I dont believe you should be required to know it to get around.... this is America.... country that was founded on english.

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Be ready for sales tax at 8.5%, income tax at up to 11%, sales tax on top of your gas tax, more cell phone taxes than anywhere else, toll roads, toll bridges, too many people and ridiculous real estate prices. Other than that, it's great. :jawdrop:

summerlove
08-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Be ready for sales tax at 8.5%, income tax at up to 11%, sales tax on top of your gas tax, more cell phone taxes than anywhere else, toll roads, toll bridges, too many people and ridiculous real estate prices. Other than that, it's great. :jawdrop:
oh, DT, and one more thing, the Good Dr. Evil is seriously FOS. If you listen to him your mind will go stupid.... :yuk: ;)

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 05:42 PM
oh, DT, and one more thing, the Good Dr. Evil is seriously FOS. If you listen to him your mind will go stupid.... :yuk: ;)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Rocket science your specialty, SL? I mean speaking about FOS... SL, Gnarly, AZKC... the list is short but high quality BS...

summerlove
08-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Rocket science your specialty, SL?
Oh, Hi Dr Eagle! How are you doing this evening? BTW, my sales tax is 8.75%.... :eek:
Just bustin your chops for the fun of it - you know I luv ya! You :devil: You! :)
Oh, and no. I'm not a rocket scientist. That's Havasu Dreamin, but not me. he's much smarter than I am....I'm just a lowly garbage man.... ;)

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Oh, Hi Dr Eagle! How are you doing this evening? BTW, my sales tax is 8.75%.... :eek:
Just bustin your chops for the fun of it - you know I luv ya! You :devil: You! :)
Oh, and no. I'm not a rocket scientist. That's Havasu Dreamin, but not me. he's much smarter than I am....I'm just a lowly garbage man.... ;)
It was a verrry bad day SL......................................SORRY.... :cry:

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Oh yeah, if you listen to the Dr.... you may get acne... :D

summerlove
08-05-2004, 05:50 PM
It was a verrry bad SL......................................SORRY.... :cry:
You can't BS a BS'r..... :D

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 05:52 PM
You can't BS a BS'r..... :D
Naw, I am in trouble with my boss' boss because the client asked for ME on a specific project. WTF did I do? This is one wierd ass company... that's for sure. :argue:

summerlove
08-05-2004, 05:56 PM
Naw, I am in trouble with my boss' boss because the client asked for ME on a specific project. WTF did I do? This is one wierd ass company... that's for sure. :argue:
ha-ha-ha LOL! :D Now you're screwed. Call Havasu Dreamin, he's the frigging rocket scientist, maybe he'll help. He's a rep too, so you got that working for ya!

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 05:58 PM
ha-ha-ha LOL! :D Now you're screwed. Call Havasu Dreamin, he's the frigging rocket scientist, maybe he'll help. He's a rep too, so you got that working for ya!
Well, I think I need a friggin rocket scientist... or a behaviorial scientist... I don't get it. Maybe it caused him a problem elsewhere in his organization... but sheeeesh he was PISSED! :yuk:

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 06:05 PM
BTW, my sales tax is 8.75%.... :eek:
;)
Really? Damn...... Mine is 7.75% which is way too much IMHO... What is that 8.75% gonna do to the price of a game of golf... :D

summerlove
08-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Really? Damn...... Mine is 7.75% which is way too much IMHO... What is that 8.75% gonna do to the price of a game of golf... :D
I dunno, but I'll let you know tomorrow! Tee off at 1:16! :D

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 06:15 PM
I dunno, but I'll let you know tomorrow! Tee off at 1:16! :D
Where you playing? :confused:

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Maybe I should have started you out properly...
If you come to California..... you'll be DOOOOOMED!!!!!!! :D

Dr. Eagle
08-05-2004, 06:38 PM
:) I dunno, but I'll let you know tomorrow! Tee off at 1:16! :D
I play El Toro on Saturday at around 9am.. So if you're gonna be out there...look out I seem to be pulling my drive right... :eek: ;) (that should be no surprise) LOL.....

bullseye
08-06-2004, 08:27 AM
hey dt welcome back , bring that jeep with you ,lots of good four wheeling arou nd here , Calico ,the hammers ,stodard valley .and alot more .check into myjeeprocks.com and regester just a bunch of good people that like to go wheeling and it is not a club . have a safe trip

Boozer
08-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Ryan, be warned about the residency thing. They are cracking down out here on people who live here and run out of state plates. If you spend more then 50% of your time in the state and work here and they find out they will make you not only register your car here but they will also charge you for however much time they feel you have been here in registration fees plus penalties. Just play it safe and register your car and get your license here. The smog thing isnt a big deal the laws aren't much stricter then Colorados as far as smog levels the only thing that's a bitch about smog here is the visual. But due to the fact that smog stations here are independantly owned and operated if you make friends with the right guy you don't have to worry about smog :)
The cost of registration here is the same price as colorado. Car insurance is cheaper here. Mine went from $100 a month to $30 a month :eek:
Be prepared to make lots of $$ because you're going to need it. 500K will buy you a condo :eek: :mad: :eek: If you are a smoker then get ready to shell out $4 a pack for smokes and over $2.00 a gallon at the gas pump.

Drunk tank
08-06-2004, 12:01 PM
I hate cigs... so im not worried bout that. Cheaper insurance eh? Good god I need that!!! Gas here in CO is finally down to 1.89 a gal for the cheap shit... been 2 bucks a gal for the last 4 months. One of the main reasons I havnt taken my boat out in awhile (or fixed it so I could).... just cant afford the gas! 30 gallons of the premium shit is $$$$$. that damn 455 loves the shit too! Probably could get the same milage with a 454 EFI and alot more power.... damn I hate this engine!

Scream
08-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Where you're movin to, just watch out for traffic and anyone from the 909...j/k, but the traffic thing...OC Traffic sux ass.

NashvilleBound
08-06-2004, 01:18 PM
If you work at all in the state and they can see tools or something in say a truck they will have you register it in CA and you'll pay a fine for however long you've been there. If your JUST a pencil pusher you should be able to get away with it for a long time.