PDA

View Full Version : Some things about the upgrade...

dmontzsta
08-05-2004, 06:54 PM
emails are finally back! that is awesome.
The pics on peoples avatars and sigs look clearer for some reason.
Everything looks fresh.
I like it.
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/All%20Sigs/Smilies/fart.gif

Kachina26
08-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Make the emails stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get a stinkin email everytime someone replies to a subscribed thread and I turned off that option :cry:

Mr.Havasu
08-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Make the emails stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get a stinkin email everytime someone replies to a subscribed thread and I turned off that option :cry:
Oh :jawdrop: I just turned off that option on mine as well. Maybe I should check my e-mails again to see if it worked. Might have to reboot before it accepts the change.

dmontzsta
08-05-2004, 07:12 PM
no way! emails are great. You only get one email per thread, so if you leave it in your inbox, you can check it when you get a chance. You can also just read the reply via email without signing on to the boards. It is better with the replies, cause sometimes you forget where you posted and the thread drops, now you can always check every thread.

Ziggy
08-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm gonna wait to voice my opinion until I have more time to get accustomed to it...It seems to have bene's but the look feels strange still. ;)

Dog
08-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Dunno where you turned it off but first go to user cp then edit options scroll down till it says "When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode: " and make sure Do not subscribe is in the drop down box. Next you have to unsubscribe to the threads you already get emails on. Click on list subsciption then you should see the threads listed you get email from you should be able to unsubscribe them from there.

dmontzsta
08-05-2004, 07:14 PM
I also like the green light that shows when a user is on. This new version is more useful, just might be confusing for all your old folks. :)

Big_Gunz_
08-05-2004, 07:20 PM
The look and some of the functions are cool, but I have to agree that the emails are a bit too much.

Kachina26
08-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Yeah, but I want to be subscribed to those threads. The option to turn off emails is on the same page that you are describing. I even turned off the option for them to send me any emails at all, and they still keep coming. :cry:
Dunno where you turned it off but first go to user cp then edit options scroll down till it says "When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode: " and make sure Do not subscribe is in the drop down box. Next you have to unsubscribe to the threads you already get emails on. Click on list subsciption then you should see the threads listed you get email from you should be able to unsubscribe them from there.

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 07:27 PM
At the bottom where it lists the users, why do some people have a + after their name?
And why are the smilies different for each reply?
I like it, just trying to figure it ou :boxed:

TheLurker
08-05-2004, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Debbolas]At the bottom where it lists the users, why do some people have a + after their name?QUOTE]
Maybe it's because This user + That user are sitting in a tree
k-i-s-s-i-n-g...
:eek!:

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 07:38 PM
so...........Mike37, Ahhell and Ziggy are k i s s i n g ?
:rolleyes:

TheLurker
08-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Its just a theroy. I wouldent want to start rumors :idea2:

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Scream thinks it is because they are on my buddy list :D
Why are the smiles different for each post? They are not consistant, you get a different variety for each post? :idea2:

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Scream thinks it is because they are on my buddy list :D
Actually, I think it's the people who have you blocked.

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Actually, I think it's the people who have you blocked.
uh, I don't have those peeps blocked :smilespi:

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Well then, they won't see a '+' beside your name in the user list.
I'm sure Hoolign would back me up on this but I see a '+' beside his name in the user list so he won't be able to read this.

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Pretty sure it is the buddies from your buddy list :)
Why are the smiles different each post?
You have a different selection each time you post..... :idea:
:pig_flyi:
wished the pig fly one worked............

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Oh no, I don't have him blocked. He has me blocked.
I'd really like to be his friend but he has been rejecting my overtures. You would think that he could be softened up with Girl Guide cookies but my nose still sports the woodgrain pattern from his door. :(

Windy
08-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks ***boat for taking the time to upgrade the site for us. :)

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I'd really like to be his friend but he has been rejecting my overtures. You would think that he could be softened up with Girl Guide cookies but my nose still sports the woodgrain pattern from his door. :(
I forget, is he the one that likes flannel shirts? or is that Stroker Ace? :jawdrop:

Toomstone
08-05-2004, 08:21 PM
ahhhhh...i just had 90+ ***boat emails :eek!: :eek!: :mad:

Mrs. Psycho Squid
08-05-2004, 08:37 PM
I forget, is he the one that likes flannel shirts? or is that Stroker Ace? :jawdrop:
Oh... thank god Stroker Ace is gone!! Maybe we shouldn't say his name out loud, he might show up again. :jawdrop:

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 08:38 PM
I know what you mean..........I thought twice before posting his name.... :idea:

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 08:42 PM
You want a visit from Stoker Ace?
I'm pretty sure I could conjure him up. :D

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo :devil:

Mrs. Psycho Squid
08-05-2004, 08:44 PM
You want a visit from Stoker Ace?
I'm pretty sure I could conjure him up. :D
please don't

hoolign
08-05-2004, 08:44 PM
:burningm: :eek!: I havent worn flannel in two weeks now...sheesh...women! :idea2:

hoolign
08-05-2004, 08:46 PM
i thought it was you, but the skirt and leatards and the stubble on your face freaked me out :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Hey Hoolign, what are you doing this weekend? :D

hoolign
08-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey Hoolign, what are you doing this weekend? :D
studying for a couple courses

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 08:47 PM
:burningm: :eek!: I havent worn flannel in two weeks now...sheesh...women! :idea2:
I'm sorry, my mistake............. :smilespi:

Tom Brown
08-05-2004, 08:51 PM
studying for a couple courses
I'll stop by with some more GG cookies and turn your pages. :D

hoolign
08-05-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry, my mistake............. :smilespi:
that's ok sandy.err..debbolas
:rolleyes:

hoolign
08-05-2004, 08:52 PM