PDA

View Full Version : More Laker makeovers...

dmontzsta
08-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Gary Paton and Rick Fox are now gone to Boston...
In return we get:
Chris Mihm
Chucky Atkins
Markus Banks
http://www.nba.com/lakers/
It is now a totally new team. But there are rumor circulating that these three knuckleheads along with Caron Butler, Brian Grant and Lamar Odom are still not safe, Jason Kidd (Who has always like the Lakers), Peja Stojakovic (Who wants to be with Vlade) are in focus.

AquaBoogie
08-06-2004, 02:52 PM
The three newbies need not unpack their bags. Better yet, they should stay where they are. It's much closer to New Jersey.

eliminatedsprinter
08-06-2004, 03:01 PM
The fact that the Lakers have a history of pulling rabbits out of hats and coming out ahead in all thier past big trades, makes me think that this mediocre line up will not last long...

AquaBoogie
08-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Deavon George needs to start packing his ish as well.

dmontzsta
08-06-2004, 03:30 PM
I agree with both of your posts AquaBoogie.

DUNDUN
08-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Rick Fox-Didn't like him much anyway
G.P- That is kinda sucks
I hope Deavon George stays, Vlade Divac Sucks :yuk:
The thing that bums me out more than anything else that has gone on this off-season is Derek Fisher going up north :(

dmontzsta
08-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Rick Fox-Didn't like him much anyway
G.P- That is kinda sucks
I hope Deavon George stays, Vlade Divac Sucks :yuk:
The thing that bums me out more than anything else that has gone on this off-season is Derek Fisher going up north :(
I think Vlade will add some size, him and that guy that played on Portland (cant think of his name) always wore Shaq down. Now with Mihm we can throw two 7 footers at people. I agree with you on the Fisher move, he could have started now that Payton is gone. :(

MagicMtnDan
08-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Keep in mind that some teams (possibly the Lakers) are stocking up on guys whose contracts expire after next season (due to salary cap restrictions they have to trade salaries for salaries when they trade people). That way when those contracts expire they have plenty of cap room to go after free agents. So, some of this wheeling and dealing may (I don't know for sure when the contracts expire) get the Lakers room to pursue other big name players. :confused:

cigarette1
08-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Gary Paton and Rick Fox are now gone to Boston...
In return we get:
Chris Mihm
Chucky Atkins
Markus Banks
http://www.nba.com/lakers/
It is now a totally new team. But there are rumor circulating that these three knuckleheads along with Caron Butler, Brian Grant and Lamar Odom are still not safe, Jason Kidd (Who has always like the Lakers), Peja Stojakovic (Who wants to be with Vlade) are in focus.
If they can pull off a Jason and a Peja .... Look Out
Kobe ... Kidd ... Peja ... and a bunch of big stiffs ... could be serious :idea:

dmontzsta
08-06-2004, 04:26 PM
One thing we should remember is it is Kobe's team. He will not want any "stars" so all of these stiffs fit in well to his plans.