PDA

View Full Version : Trailering a boat long distance?

Roxysnow
08-07-2004, 10:06 AM
I need some advice on how to get a new boat from across the US to California? I know I could drive there and pick it up but thats a headache. Has anyone used a hauling service, know prices to do it? Any advice would be helpful. :confused:

ratso
08-07-2004, 10:11 AM
I need some advice on how to get a new boat from across the US to California? I know I could drive there and pick it up but thats a headache. Has anyone used a hauling service, know prices to do it? Any advice would be helpful. :confused:
I'll do it for $10,000...I need a vacation.

MagicMtnDan
08-07-2004, 10:33 AM
I'll do it for $9,900 and let ratso tow it so he gets his vacation. :D

LHC30Victory
08-07-2004, 11:09 AM
look on offshoreonly.com. Those east coast guys seem to do this alot.

Bense468
08-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Put it in a semi

ratso
08-07-2004, 11:35 AM
I'll do it for $9,900 and let ratso tow it so he gets his vacation. :D
Okay...but I'm only covering half the gas. :D

manuel
08-07-2004, 03:44 PM
When I checked out some companies for transport from Ca to Alabama for a 25' boat/on trailer it was around $1,500. to $1,800. depending on who hauled it, on http://www.boattraderonline.com/ they have a lot of them listed, some are brokers that send out the info to different haulers and they e-mail you their best quotes, the more flexible you are on the shipping dates, the better,
I didn't do it so I can't help with details. there are also companies putting their boat hauling jobs up for bid on eBay, Good luck,

Kim Hanson
08-07-2004, 04:05 PM
I would just do it myself ..save the headache's later.....( . )( . )........ :wink:

Havasu Cig
08-07-2004, 04:29 PM
When I checked out some companies for transport from Ca to Alabama for a 25' boat/on trailer it was around $1,500. to $1,800. depending on who hauled it, on http://www.boattraderonline.com/ they have a lot of them listed, some are brokers that send out the info to different haulers and they e-mail you their best quotes, the more flexible you are on the shipping dates, the better,
I didn't do it so I can't help with details. there are also companies putting their boat hauling jobs up for bid on eBay, Good luck,
That sounds pretty cheap. One of my friends used to tow for a living and he charged $1.75 a mile.

sam pioske
08-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Might be going to Tn. to pick up a moter home 'with tow bar' in a few days is that back east ??

KACHINA KEN
08-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Try Reliable Carriers, they have a killer PX cat race team so they are down with the boat scene. I would call headquarters though. How big is the boat?

Dr. Eagle
08-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Careful, careful, careful... my neighbor had his moved from AZ to Norcal... he couldn't tow it because he had to tow a trailer with the bare essentials since they couldn't get in their new house for two months. They just about ruined the interior and engine hatch with dirty crappy tie downs, and broke the handrail around the bow. Just make sure they do it right...