PDA

View Full Version : L A Cops to lose flashlites

burtandnancy
08-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Heard on the news that LA Chief of Police Bratton (sp) is taking the metallic flashlites away from his cops so they possibly won't hurt any of the dirt bags they may have a tussle with while arresting them, and replaceing them with rubber ones. Next thing will be sponge batons and knitted handcuffs!
Whats next?

hoolign
08-07-2004, 12:15 PM
foam bullets :D

KineticoH20
08-07-2004, 12:23 PM
How about jail-cells at the Ritz Carlton :eek!:

Big_Gunz_
08-07-2004, 12:30 PM
How about jail-cells at the Ritz Carlton :eek!:
Will that come with room service? :idea2:

Tom Brown
08-07-2004, 12:31 PM
You gotta love it. :D
Cops are qualified to handle firearms and night sticks but they're not qualified to operate the flashlights they've been using for the past quarter century. :D :D :D

KACHINA KEN
08-07-2004, 12:32 PM
It's all just PR folks, they still hurt if they are rubber or metal :)

Kilrtoy
08-07-2004, 12:56 PM
LA is a joke,
If some shit bag steals my car, I give the police permisson to ram my car , take that shit bag out and beat him, I also want them to call me so I can beat him.
BRATTON NEEDS TO GO BACK TO BOSTON :mad:

JustMVG
08-07-2004, 01:03 PM
I posted this before and thought it would be appropriate AGAIN.
Friggin Bratton!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember this a joke, but don' you kind a wish you got one of these in the mail Mike VG
Official Memo from the LAPD...
Dear Citizens,
It has become obvious that the citizenry of Los Angeles views we, the LAPD, as the greatest threat to your public safety. As such, we will be implementing some new policies effective immediately:
1.Race riots- We have scheduled the July 4th weekend as official race riot weekend. During this period, the entire Police force will be on vacation as we do not wish to risk "violating the civil rights" of any rioters during the melee. Please do not call 911. The number has been disconnected. The fact that actually attempting to apprehend criminals constitutes an infringement of their rights has convinced us that we are the criminals and they are the good guys. Therefore, we urge you to contact your local murderer, rapist or child molester for help in fending off robbers, drug addicts and gangsters during the chaos this weekend.
2. Criminal "Honor System"- Again, we do not wish to violate the civil rights of any upstanding, innocent felons from now on, even if they endanger lives or are witnessed committing a crime. We will no longer engage in any activity that would result in the apprehension of these individuals. Instead, these fine citizens will be required to turn themselves in to the local precinct upon completion of their criminal duties. Again, do not contact us as there will be no response. You have made it plain to us that we have no rights infringing on the lifestyles of these individuals, who are no doubt just trying to "get by" like the rest of us. Besides, the newspapers have clearly defined them as "unarmed", "innocent" or "victimized", so it is safe for you to trust them. Even if they have a gun, and are pointing it at you as they have done to us, the aren't actually planning on shooting you according to their family members. Besides, the object that appears to be a pistol is actually either a cell phone or a chrome plated pager.
3.New traffic laws- The surplus of manpower will now be used to vigorously enforce the REAL danger to our citizens: The LA freeway system. Upon witnessing your careless actions, we will photograph your license plate and send you a ticket. While the neighborhood you live in may be chaotic under our new plan, at least you will be safe driving to work. We sincerely hope your business is still there.
We thank you for your cooperation, and apologize for our misguided attempts to make your city a safer place. It won't happen again.
Good luck and happy rioting,
The LAPD
PS Don't call us, we'll call you!

Dawn Patrol
08-07-2004, 01:04 PM
How in the He** are Cops suppose to do their job? You would think that the Cops are the Crooks. If a Felon runs, threatens an Officer, I say the Cops should Have the Right to beat that Bastard into submission without any recoarse. A few swings of the stick or the flashlight is all it woukd take. California needs to stop protecting these crooks.

MagicMtnDan
08-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Let's just stop calling them cops or police and call them what they are, emasculated politically correct public servants managed by liberal politicians who have no backbone. :o
And while we're at it, let's arm them with these...
http://www.timewarptoys.com/nerfball.jpg

Over 18
08-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Webcams in the booking room! Courteous cops without an attitude!

DogHouse
08-07-2004, 03:12 PM
Sounds like you guys out there in lala land need a dose of good ole Sheriff Joe!
:D

ROZ
08-07-2004, 03:15 PM
LA is a joke,
If some shit bag steals my car, I give the police permisson to ram my car , take that shit bag out and beat him, I also want them to call me so I can beat him.
BRATTON NEEDS TO GO BACK TO BOSTON :mad:
he can take Bacca with him!

Dr. Eagle
08-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Heard on the news that LA Chief of Police Bratton (sp) is taking the metallic flashlites away from his cops so they possibly won't hurt any of the dirt bags they may have a tussle with while arresting them, and replaceing them with rubber ones. Next thing will be sponge batons and knitted handcuffs!
Whats next?
Yeah, but think of all the fires they are gonna start with the Kerosene lanterns they'll have to issue... :jawdrop:

angry dad
08-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Sounds like you guys out there in lala land need a dose of good ole Sheriff Joe!
:Dgreat idea!!!!!! :)

hoolign
08-07-2004, 06:06 PM
I hear they are getting thesehttp://store2.yimg.com/I/safetycentral_1779_51959648

XtrmWakeborder
08-07-2004, 07:47 PM
I agree 100%

Kilrtoy
08-07-2004, 07:51 PM
I wish Sheriff Joe would come here.
he is OLD SCHOOL

C-2
08-07-2004, 09:31 PM
We had somebody similar - his name was Daryl Gates. That Sheriff Joe guy is core - you folks should elect him as governer. The stuff he does.....BIG cahones.
At least us citizens can still legally carry the 5 battery billy clubs (oops, I mean mag lights) in our cars.

NorCal Gameshow
08-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Cops are qualified to handle firearms and night sticks but they're not qualified to operate the flashlights they've been using for the past quarter century. :D :D :D
that says it all...

LBZROCKS
08-08-2004, 12:08 AM
he can take Bacca with him!
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BACA is just the re-incarnate of EX-CHIEF BERNARD PARKS.............. shit man.. I swear he mimicks every friggin thing that LAPD does... We're tired of logging every freakin contact that is made and business cards being issued to everyone!!!!! arrrrgggggghhhhh....
And this bullsh)(*()*6 about Bratton and his rubber flashlights.....well....go figure L.A. is at it again...dont let us do our job.. my hand is just as hard if not worse than that stupid flashlight! so there!!

LBZROCKS
08-08-2004, 12:10 AM
I want sheriff joe tooo! this is crap! we need someone with some (00) ballz :pig_flyi:

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 07:53 AM
I hate it when technology passes people by..... :cry: This is one of the dumbest things I have heard... and Bratton seems to be full of bright ideas.. I think he'll go far here... :smilespi: