PDA

View Full Version : To close to home......

Kindsvater Flat
08-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Weds night I was sitting with my son in a hunters safety class. My wife came in and said there was an emergency. My mom called and said that dad was having a stroke or heart attack. Being the fire chief and also son I double double checked him but could not find anything. Only thing that was found was his oxygen % was low. (Cigar Smoker) Little o2 at the emergency room and a whole bunch of tests he was fine. Last night a guy taught the first aid part and gave the hunter safety test. My son passed and thanked all the instructors. An hour ago tonight we get a vehicle accident call and a MR2 hit a hay bailer on the highway. There were no lights on the bailer and the car rear ended the bailer at 65 mph, no brake marks. Both air bags went off and the driver walked away yet his wife's ankle was pinned in the car and broken. After extracating her ,via jaws of life, she was sent by helicopter. The driver was my sons hunter safety instructor from last night. The horror that I saw in his face while his wife was trapped was flat scary. I hope for the best for he and his wife. CHP said they should have both been dead by the looks of the little convertable and I agree. Really sucks to meet such a great person and the think he could have been gone so quickly

Debbolas
08-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Wow, I hope they are better soon........kinda makes you re-think what is important in your life. :idea2:

Scream
08-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Life's too short. You've got to live life to it's fullest every day and leave a little of yourself behind where ever you go.

Blown 472
08-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Life's too short. You've got to live life to it's fullest every day and leave a little of yourself behind where ever you go.
I do, on the sheets, her hair, panties, eyes you name it.

Kindsvater Flat
08-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Ran into the guy today and said his wife is doing well. He also gave us a big thank you. If I can I will get a pic of the car tomorrow.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2004, 09:38 PM
wow I just saw this..
I am glad she is doing well.. and it is a great sign that nobody was killed..Life is too short and we all tend to take it for grantite on a daily basis.. ;)

Spotondl
08-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Air evac. for a broken ankle? Must have been something else going on there. Glad that she will be ok though...

JetBoatRich
08-09-2004, 03:44 AM
Good news is everyone will be ok :) a lot of people do things to touch our lives and it sounds like this guy did for you, nice you were there to help him out :D
Glad to hear your Dad is ok :D

IN2-IN2MX
08-09-2004, 07:31 AM
Oh WOW! Scary for sure. Glad to hear that everyone is doin' fine.

Kindsvater Flat
08-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Air evac. for a broken ankle? Must have been something else going on there. Glad that she will be ok though...
We send everything by chopper since we are 30 minutes out from the hospital even at hot pursuit speeds. Pics in about 30 minutes.

Kindsvater Flat
08-09-2004, 04:46 PM
I found out that her ankle shattered and they have to fuse it back together. The car is a Toyota MR2 Spider.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/misc/car2.JPG
http://www.schoutenranch.com/misc/car3.JPG
http://www.schoutenranch.com/misc/car5.JPG

Mr.Havasu
08-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Wow, my daughter use to drive one of those in High School. With the mid engine there is nothing in front of you so it can look worst than perhaps it really is. I don't know what is worst or better as the case may be, An engine crushing in on you or no engine to stop the other vehicle from crushing in on you.
In any case, I'm glad your friend and his wife made it through.

Kindsvater Flat
08-09-2004, 10:45 PM
I didn't realize that it was mid engine until today. Never really got a good look at it except for where we were cutting it.