PDA

View Full Version : Somebody please ...

cigarette1
08-08-2004, 06:43 AM
... post something about boating. Over the past day, everytime I checked the Sandbar, there's only been maybe one thread regarding boating .... and it's SUMMER.
I had a great day boating yesterday ... ran between Newport Beach and Long Beach in the late afternoon/evening. Big water, 4-5 foot washing machine with rolling/breaking swells ... I was in heaven.
G

Floored
08-08-2004, 06:50 AM
I cant play when the water is like that. can you say SINK :cry: glad you had fun and a boat story too.

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 07:03 AM
I cant play when the water is like that. can you say SINK :cry: glad you had fun and a boat story too.
I am with you on that one, plus I dont like having sea creatures that can eat me playing out there too. :)

v-drive
08-08-2004, 07:14 AM
I can remember being in water like that in my Wellcraft. I didn't like it and I would not do it again. I am however quite fond of boating in the ocean. It's just that I would probably sink in the back bay in this v-drive.
:cool: v-drive

cigarette1
08-08-2004, 07:21 AM
I am with you on that one, plus I dont like having sea creatures that can eat me playing out there too. :)
:) Hey D ... that's part of the thrill ... in the back of your mind you know JAWS is out there somewhere .. lurking ... makes you take that schit serious and you tend to be a little more careful
There are different strokes for different folks and the ocean works for me.
I also enjoy lake and river boating but the ocean floats my boat.
G

455Olds
08-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Can you say sink? 1-2 foot chop starts to pound ya... 3,4,5 footers... just not fun anymore.... In a larger boat... more power to ya!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1876boat.JPG

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 08:02 AM
... post something about boating. Over the past day, everytime I checked the Sandbar, there's only been maybe one thread regarding boating .... and it's SUMMER.
OK........... DONE! :D

Lucky Strike
08-17-2004, 06:30 PM
I had a great day boating yesterday ... ran between Newport Beach and Long Beach in the late afternoon/evening. Big water, 4-5 foot washing machine with rolling/breaking swells ... I was in heaven.
G
We ran a 33 Baja Cat while up in Jersey. It was very different. Ran it in the ocean in 4+ footers, what a rush. We were out of the water more than in. We also ran it in Barnaget Bay at full throttle (100+ MPH) but it didn't seem as thrilling.
Hey G-Got an offer on the boat, it may be F-2 time!!!!

Debbolas
08-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Scream and I really want to do a Catalina run sometime......Turkey Season is coming up, so it won't be soon.
The most fun I had this weekend (seriously) was going fast in our friends boat. Sadly we didn't do much of this. They are great people, but a drive to Steamboat and park there and then drive to the channel, isn't my idea of a good time. THINK of the river we could have covered? Down to the dam, up to the sandbar to feed the CBBBers beer, Topock gorge, flirt with Needles.....
Well different strokes for different folks................ :clover: