PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Boats...

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 07:59 AM
OK Cigarette1 Here's your chance! Just consider me kind of the Aaron Brother of ***boat. I just provide the canvas... paint away!
Cigarette boats are coooool BTW! :D

cigarette1
08-08-2004, 08:07 AM
OK Cigarette1 Here's your chance! Just consider me kind of the Aaron Brother of ***boat. I just provide the canvas... paint away!
Cigarette boats are coooool BTW! :D
Mine in Miami during the Boat Show weekend of 2004

cigarette1
08-08-2004, 08:09 AM
I don't know why my pics don't display

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 08:12 AM
I don't know why my pics don't display
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152DSCF0018-med.JPG
There you go, that should work!

cigarette1
08-08-2004, 08:16 AM
Thanks Dr
Is it because it was too big ... I thought the software would reduce for initial display ???

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks Dr
Is it because it was too big ... I thought the software would reduce for initial display ???
No, what you did was attach a file. It won't display the file. You have to upload your photos somewhere else (hot boat pictures or other hosting site) and then grab the link to the photo from properties. Then you come back here and press the little button in the middle that looks like a picture of the mountains with the sun over it. That brings up a dialog box to paste the link into.

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks Dr
C1 if you need any help with this, PM me and I'll talk you through it...

Kachina26
08-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Ok, many people call big boats "Cigarette" boats. When I explain that Cigarette is a brand name kinda like Coke is, they ask me how Cigarette got its name. I don't know. So, how did the Cigarette company get its name?

cigarette1
08-08-2004, 08:39 AM
C1 if you need any help with this, PM me and I'll talk you through it...
I got it Dr.
I'll post more over the next few days ... If we can get GLH from the other boards here, we'd have at least 100 posted by the end of the day :D
GLH ... where are you ... Help !!!
G

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Ok, many people call big boats "Cigarette" boats. When I explain that Cigarette is a brand name kinda like Coke is, they ask me how Cigarette got its name. I don't know. So, how did the Cigarette company get its name?
Kinda like Coke... see coke used to have coca in it... I think they probably smoked a shitload of cigarettes when they were making the first one... so they called it a cigarette boat... :D :D :D

bigd1
08-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Used to use 'em to smuggle cigarettes in from Cuba.

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Used to use 'em to smuggle cigarretes in from Cuba.
I thought it was something like that. They smuggled the cigs in w/o paying the taxes.
Maybe they should consider doing that again with Cigars... Cubans rock!

twistedpair
08-08-2004, 09:03 AM
I think Cigarette was the name of and old rum runner that the feds could never catch.

Kachina26
08-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Ok, I added to your reputations even though I'm not quite buying it........... Except for your Rep Dr. Because I keep getting this You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr. Eagle again. :boxed: :Pigfly:

PHX ATC
08-08-2004, 09:08 AM
This is the story I heard.
Cigarette got it's company name from the fact that their boats used to smoke the competition, thus much like a cigarette.
Dunno if it's true or not, but it sounds good.

TrailerparkTJ
08-08-2004, 10:35 AM
I was doing some work at a major auction house here in So. Cal. on Friday, and a truck rolled in towing the Playboy Cigarette. It will be up for auction two weeks from now. From what I understand, the opening bid will be somewhere around $30k.

Havasu Cig
08-08-2004, 11:25 AM
I think Cigarette was the name of and old rum runner that the feds could never catch.
This is the true story. ;)

Havasu Cig
08-08-2004, 11:28 AM
I was doing some work at a major auction house here in So. Cal. on Friday, and a truck rolled in towing the Playboy Cigarette. It will be up for auction two weeks from now. From what I understand, the opening bid will be somewhere around $30k.
For 30k it is not the real boat. There are alot of copies out there but only one that was built for Playboy. The real boat has platinum colored 500 EFI's and drives. My buddy towed it to the East Coast after it was first built and he has some good pics of it. :cool:

LAPII
08-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Not true, "playboy" is a special edition of the cigarette line so it could possibly be one of the few made.

KACHINA KEN
08-08-2004, 11:53 AM
For 30k it is not the real boat. There are alot of copies out there but only one that was built for Playboy. The real boat has platinum colored 500 EFI's and drives. My buddy towed it to the East Coast after it was first built and he has some good pics of it. :cool:
This one???
http://www.designsbydad.com/hbparty/pages/boats.html

Havasu Cig
08-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Not true, "playboy" is a special edition of the cigarette line so it could possibly be one of the few made.
Like I said there was one boat built for Playboy. The Playboy edition Cigs are copies.

KACHINA KEN
08-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Like I said there was one boat built for Playboy. The Playboy edition Cigs are copies.
Kinda like Magic did to CJ?

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Ok, I added to your reputations even though I'm not quite buying it........... Except for your Rep Dr. Because I keep getting this You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr. Eagle again. :boxed: :Pigfly:
LOL.... that's funny! :D

Havasu Cig
08-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Kinda like Magic did to CJ?
I believe I read that Cig had a contract to make 1 boat a year after the original for a certain number of years. I don't know how many were actually made, but I don't think there were to many.

Havasu Cig
08-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Here is the original...
http://www.tomcellie.com/festivals/biketober01/playboyboat.htm

cigarette1
08-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Thay Playboy you saw was probably a friends Cafe Racer. A guy from Long Beach had a Cafe Racer painted with the Playboy graphics. It was never really super clean but it was OK for what it was. It had 650-700's in it with TRS drives. Ran close to 80 which is not bad for a Cafe.
I think the owner went on vacation for a while :wink:
G