PDA

View Full Version : who says boycott the marina

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2004, 04:45 PM
who says boycott the marina?

Debbolas
08-08-2004, 04:47 PM
did you want to include a poll in this thread?
I say boycott and we have, our friends went there and we just waited out on the lake.....filled up and got ice at Moabi and Needles instead :D

Scream
08-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Me.
Oh yea, I mean, I must establish that I am in favor of locating my boat launching and gasoline buying at another anchorage, in fact it is my intention to never visit the aformentioned marina if I can at all help it....
there, that should make the 10 word limit..

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2004, 04:49 PM
I say boycott.. :idea2:

HighRoller
08-08-2004, 04:51 PM
It's really a shame that place sucks now. When I was a kid I loved going there. Of course, back then there were no canopies or grass on the docks so you had to run your ass off on the bare wood while your feet were smoking! Anyways, I can't figure out why some bitter old prick would try to make a mockery out of one of Havasu's landmarks. 86DB? Please! I bet his car is louder than that!

Debbolas
08-08-2004, 04:51 PM
ok, who voted "deal with it" and "don't care???" :eek!:
boycott
Boycott
BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT
B O Y C O T T
B O Y C O T T ! ! !

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2004, 04:53 PM
It's really a shame that place sucks now. When I was a kid I loved going there. Of course, back then there were no canopies or grass on the docks so you had to run your ass off on the bare wood while your feet were smoking! Anyways, I can't figure out why some bitter old prick would try to make a mockery out of one of Havasu's landmarks. 86DB? Please! I bet his car is louder than that!
well we all know his mouth is.. :argue:

Debbolas
08-08-2004, 04:59 PM
B O Y C O T T :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2004, 05:05 PM
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT :yuk:

HighRoller
08-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Good point Ms. Vee...has anyone slapped the DB meter on this prick's mouth lately? I bet he'd get thrown off the lake.

whytgoo
08-08-2004, 05:13 PM
I've been going to the Marina with friends for years. Now that I have a boat I absolutely despise going near the place though it means going a bit further to Windsor!

SpectraJoel
08-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Too bad this law doesnt really affect the idiots in the bayliners and on the seadoos.
All this is going to accomplish is to keep the hi-perf boaters that have respectable rides, and at least some experience behind the wheel from using that ramp. All the morons that head up for the big weekends with nothing more than a rental boat will still be out there. I believe that this is an attempt to rid the hi-perf boats from clogging up the marina, but not for the NOISE reason cited.
Think about it...how many of you gas up at the marina??? We all know better than to pay the rediculously overpriced prices that the marina charges. The clowns that go up there not knowing, eagerly wait in line to gas up their rides. All that this seems to accomplish is to keep us out so that they asses that are ruining the rest of the lake for us can spend their money at the marina!
FOCK THEM FOCKERS!!!

Rexone
08-08-2004, 05:38 PM
This sounds like a cc of a thread in HSW a year ago. Boycott boycott boycott. Sounds like an echo. :)

AzDon
08-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Somewhat unrelated to this (but bear with me)... It was reported in the Havasu paper last week that McDonalds is violating their "parking-in-common" zoning and having cars towed away while the owners are dining at the new El Sarape. When I went to El Sarape Friday night, I had to cruise for a spot in their part of the parking lot. THERE WASN'T ONE SINGLE CAR PARKED IN McDONALD's PRECIOUS SPACES AND NOT ONE CUSTOMER INSIDE! The local public has apparently chosen to punish McD's for illegally towing. I'm sure that they will also be sued. I know if I came out of a restaurant in 115 degree weather and some nimrod had my car illegally towed, I'd be having somebody arrested!

RiverOtter
08-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm boycottin!! :mad: I promise I'll never go there!! :mad: Too dang far to drive :D

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 06:22 PM
there, that should make the 10 word limit..
That would be 10-Letter... or space or smilie...

Essex_Sterling
08-08-2004, 06:47 PM
If the law states 86 db, what's the problem with the law being enforced?
What the marina needs to be careful of is that they treat every boat the same. And I don't think they could legally enforce a more stringent requirement than the law, 50 feet is 50 feet, not as space allows. But that is open up to debate as it is a private business but on leased public land.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2004, 06:51 PM
I just hope that someone over there reads all this about the marina and the ass hole that works there. :mad:

Dr. Eagle
08-08-2004, 06:52 PM
I won;t set foot in that place if I ever get back over to Havazoo... that guy sounds like a psycho... :argue:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2004, 06:53 PM
I won;t set foot in that place if I ever get back over to Havazoo... that guy sounds like a psycho... :argue:
he is off the rocker .. :D

BeetleJuice
08-08-2004, 07:10 PM
I have BoyCotted the marina for over a year now. Ever since reading the threads about the JackAss at the marina over a year ago.

24ROD
08-08-2004, 07:36 PM
:burningm: **** that place they have been pricks for the last few years. :burningm: They can kiss my ass. They will never see a dime from me again. Hell of a way to run a buisness :argue:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2004, 07:43 PM
:burningm: **** that place they have been pricks for the last few years. :burningm: They can kiss my ass. They will never see a dime from me again. Hell of a way to run a buisness :argue:
I agree.. they can kiss mine too. :mad:http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/719arsch.gif

haulina29
08-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Get used to it in the not so distant future you wont be able to launch anywhere over 86 dba . just a matter of time . :idea:

bordsmnj
08-08-2004, 08:24 PM
i have never luanched there and won't ever luanch there. they can LICK SACK!
Now, who's gonna print up the pretty Boycot havasu marina stickers on the sly and leave stacks of them evrywhere that counts for easy distribution? how 'bout someone bring a box full to the l.a.boat show this year or at some other gathering of greater annonymity?? :p
...hey,and while we're at it fock these blue water fags too!! :mad:

Huckleberry
08-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Haven't launched there for two years because of all of this crap. Jeff is a flaming butthole!

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Haven't launched there for two years because of all of this crap. Jeff is a flaming butthole!
:D :D :D :D

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:01 PM
I have not, as of yet, been to Havasu. I / we are planning on going probally next summer, but we would not be able to launch ther anyway. All of our boats run at least 100db at an idle... I would have to say some where in the neighborhood of 140 + at WOT. Hell even our tow rigs are louder than 86db.
BOYCOT !!!!! :mad:

Toomstone
08-08-2004, 11:09 PM
BOYCOT... never launched there and never will after reading all the threads. i dont see why people hate windsor. the only time its bad is a winding day or a choppy day. :idea:

Essex502
08-09-2004, 06:34 AM
If the law states 86 db, what's the problem with the law being enforced?
What the marina needs to be careful of is that they treat every boat the same. And I don't think they could legally enforce a more stringent requirement than the law, 50 feet is 50 feet, not as space allows. But that is open up to debate as it is a private business but on leased public land.
The problem is that there is no way to accurately test at 50' in the Marina due to the construction. If the boat is in the water there is structure all around that would create echo and inaccurate noise readings. At the water line on the east side of the ramp is a concrete wall that makes getting a reading impossible. In Saturday's Havasu News article, the a$$hole Jeff (manager) stated that they'd be measuring the noise level directly behind the boat...what does this mean...they're going to have someone in a dingy floating behind each boat as it launches...sound pretty hazardous to me.

Essex502
08-09-2004, 06:39 AM
I have not, as of yet, been to Havasu. I / we are planning on going probally next summer, but we would not be able to launch ther anyway. All of our boats run at least 100db at an idle... I would have to say some where in the neighborhood of 140 + at WOT. Hell even our tow rigs are louder than 86db.
BOYCOT !!!!! :mad:
140 db-A is probably wishfull thinking as that would probably cause bleeding from your ears should you be within a few feet of them.
Military jet aircraft take-off from aircraft carrier with afterburner at 50 ft . . . 130 dB.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 09:25 AM
:idea: :idea: :eek: :eek:

Essex502
08-09-2004, 10:19 AM
BOYCOT... never launched there and never will after reading all the threads. i dont see why people hate windsor. the only time its bad is a winding day or a choppy day. :idea:
Every day is a choppy day on a weekend. Weekdays Windsor may be fine but I've been hit by stupid pontoon boat renters who predominantly launch their rental boats there.

Toomstone
08-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Every day is a choppy day on a weekend. Weekdays Windsor may be fine but I've been hit by stupid pontoon boat renters who predominantly launch their rental boats there.
ya thats true. i went to drop someone off at the docks and was going to back up, there was a pontoon(not a rental, thank god)right behind me trying to get to the docks then a little small boat with a whacka right in front of me. i was throwing it in forward and reverse trying to staying in one spot without drifting. the pontoon was 5 feet off my stern and the whacka was 5 feet off the bow. but once you drop your trailer person off you can go out and wait as far out as you want in the lake which is a plus. but that is mainly where i launch and have sort of gotten good enough to trailer in the chop and a little wind. ;)

Some Kind Of Monster
08-09-2004, 11:32 AM
I haven't been to Havasu in a couple years, but after reading this: http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54715
I will join the Boycott next time I make it out there.

Havasu Cig
08-09-2004, 11:44 AM
For those that say deal with it, Jeff has an agenda and will probably effect you in the future. 2 years ago it started with the length of the boat (nothing over 36') with various reasons given. When I confronted him about his reasons being BS he told me that people with big boats are a$$holes. Now it has dropped to 30' and the noise issue has become his latest tool for discrimination against performance boats. I think his agenda is clear. He has stated in the past that they want a more family oriented environment and I don't think performance boats fit in with his view.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 11:46 AM
what a family can't have a high performance boat.. what a dickhead.. :argue: :burningm:

BigDogIvan
08-09-2004, 11:52 AM
people with big boats are a$$holes.
I wounder how his tune would change if some of us Smaller quieter boats went and got in his face and called him an "a$$hole". Would he call us "a$$holes" too? :devil: What a Maroon.
BD

Havasu Cig
08-09-2004, 11:57 AM
I wounder how his tune would change if some of us Smaller quieter boats went and got in his face and called him an "a$$hole". Would he call us "a$$holes" too? :devil: What a Maroon.
BD
He would scream and yell at you like he does to everybody. He told me that he had made up his mind about large boats during the HeatWave Poker Run. He said they almost had a gunfight breakout on the ramp. He was the only one I heard this from so I think he is full of $hit.

Essex502
08-09-2004, 12:16 PM
I think we all know he's full of $hit but are we going to do something about it?

Ziggy
08-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Well if I haven't launched there for over 9 years is that considered boycotting? :D Guess I have made my point :rolleyes: :D :yuk:
Never liked the location anyhow, and its the only ramp that I've ever had an argument at with another person.......actually his dumbass wife standing in the water in my lane that wouldn't move....SHE had to make sure their PWC was on the trailer right--- :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Toomstone
08-09-2004, 12:54 PM
For those that say deal with it, Jeff has an agenda and will probably effect you in the future. 2 years ago it started with the length of the boat (nothing over 36') with various reasons given. When I confronted him about his reasons being BS he told me that people with big boats are a$$holes. Now it has dropped to 30' and the noise issue has become his latest tool for discrimination against performance boats. I think his agenda is clear. He has stated in the past that they want a more family oriented environment and I don't think performance boats fit in with his view.
performance deckboats are very family oriented. but loud at the same time. what would he have to say about that?

Ziggy
08-09-2004, 02:47 PM
performance deckboats are very family oriented. but loud at the same time. what would he have to say about that?
From what I've heard he wouldn't say anything to you, he'd yell at you instead...... :frown:

FastTimmy
08-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Just wait until one of those inexperienced Bayliner owners pulls a golden shores jobber. How many times has a 100K boat blown up and burned down a bunch of boats???? Not to often. If they fill that place with the type of people they want they will put them selves out of business. Just think of all the blue hairs and first timers crashing into everything!!! Not even the good old boys will want to use The Marina….
Timmy

Havasu Cig
08-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Your Magic looks like a performance boat, so I am guessing he would not like it. :confused:

BeetleJuice
08-09-2004, 07:21 PM
It's just a matter of time before someone will just Take Out the JackAss General Manager!

shadow
08-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Beetlejuice, there aint no way you are gonna sneak in the marina!
Finally got these pic's out of my camera.

BeetleJuice
08-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Shadow, thanks for the Pics! I know with the current JackAss Marina management, there is no way I will be able to launch there, nor would I want to. I have and will continue to boycott the marina. I never get gas there, even though they will not allow me to launch because of my boat size, they would gladly sell me gas, beer and ice. I was just hoping that someday soon there will be a managment change and change of policy which would allow all legal boats to launch and use the facilities, slips and all without a JackAss yelling at you to get the hell out.

Daytona100
08-09-2004, 08:29 PM
BOYCOTT Ime more than happy not to give an a-hole any of my hardearned cash!!! My boats pretty quiet but ime sure its the type of boat that hes discriminating against. Hey its easy he obviously wants to starve himself out of business. And I am more than happy to help him out!!!

throwerb
08-09-2004, 08:41 PM
What marina? :D :D

Essex502
08-10-2004, 06:08 AM
The biggest problem is that these fockheads have a 50 year lease...that's right FIVE-OH... that doesn't expire until 2015. We have to make all the trouble we can for them as they seem to be in negotiation on their lease now to extend it. Maybe we can cause them enough grief to change their attitude.

Sherpa
08-10-2004, 09:05 AM
go tie up at their gas dock, and everyone in the boat go into the store.....
buy 1 ice cream bar or something, and sit outside (or stay inside) for about
1/2 hour eating it........... all the while your boat is still tied at the gas dock
taking up space..........
--Sherpa

Essex502
08-10-2004, 10:55 AM
go tie up at their gas dock, and everyone in the boat go into the store.....
buy 1 ice cream bar or something, and sit outside (or stay inside) for about
1/2 hour eating it........... all the while your boat is still tied at the gas dock
taking up space..........
--Sherpa
I wouldn't want to give those a$$holes a dime in the store.

Keithb87
08-10-2004, 12:42 PM
140 db-A is probably wishfull thinking as that would probably cause bleeding from your ears should you be within a few feet of them.
Military jet aircraft take-off from aircraft carrier with afterburner at 50 ft . . . 130 dB.
Ok... But they are real loud...

Essex502
08-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Ok... But they are real loud...
I don't doubt that they are loud! But probably closer to 125-130 db-A. :D The decibel scale is logarithic.