PDA

View Full Version : Motor needs air

Thunderbutt
08-09-2004, 10:14 AM
I have a Ultimate Warlock Deckboat with a center consol and motor cover. The only vent for the motor is the bilge blower. The motor draws it air from with in the cover which is hot, that can't be good for the motor. If anyone out there has one of these boats, tell me if you added air vents. Does anyone know where Al Width went to work after leaving Reed.

TCHB
08-10-2004, 07:42 PM
A lot of boats today have a very tight engine compartment that causes air flow conerns and high air temp inside the engine box. You should install vents to increase air flow inside the compartment. If you read the engine manual on Mercury it will tell you the air temp inside the engine compartment must be kept under (I forget) or else the fuel can heat up and also the air is to warm for the intake stystem. You can look at the Mercury web site and get the details.

mirvin
08-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Finally got the new deckboat eh TB?? Congrats. :) You let me know when I can come pick up Thunderbutt 1 ;) :D
mirvin :cool:

Thunderbutt
08-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Finally got the new deckboat eh TB?? Congrats. :) You let me know when I can come pick up Thunderbutt 1 ;) :D
mirvin :cool:
Hi mirvin, Yes I did it. I like the boat, I've got to get to go faster,it's at 60 mph now. As for as Thunderbutt, I rebuilt the motor and am going to put it back togeather, put in the shop and give it to my Grandson when he gets a little older.