PDA

View Full Version : Nfl Boycott

throwerb
08-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Hey Angelenos, it's time for us to stop giving the NFL our money,until they give us a team. We are still the largest retail buyer of NFL mechindise in the world. The Raiders have been number one in merch sales in the NFL for the last 5 years and over 41% of that is in LA. That doesn't even count the Dallas and 49er numbers. Think of the pressure that would be put on the NFL by retailers and wholesalers in this market. What do you say can you suck it up for a year and not buy their stuff, that old jersy and hat still look good anyway. :mad: WE NEED A TEAM!!!!

Some Kind Of Monster
08-11-2004, 02:59 PM
You need a team? I'll play. Where do I sign up?

Red Eye
08-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but what the hell our we going to watch for 16 weeks on Sunday & Monday in the fall?

Some Kind Of Monster
08-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Get out the chips and beer, We're watching queer eye! :mad:

Kilrtoy
08-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Screw the NFL and their players especially the COWBOYS

throwerb
08-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Screw the NFL and their players especially the COWBOYS
Kilrtoy looks like I can count on you to boycott, I hate the Cowboys to, but my reason isn't as good as yours.

totenhosen
08-11-2004, 03:36 PM
IF you were an NFL owner would you want to want your team to play in any of the half-azz stadiums in LA? As long as the public will not support public funds for construction/renovation of a stadium it isn't going to happen. I agree, no public funds for it.

throwerb
08-11-2004, 03:45 PM
The city you and I live in has offered to refurbish the Rosebowl to get a team here and I don't know of any business, including the city of Pasadena that doesn't make money off having a team here. Look at Old Town any night the Bruins play here. And if the owners don't want to put a team here then let's motivate them buy not buying their crap.

eliminatedsprinter
08-11-2004, 03:48 PM
An NFL team is a business and if we haven't noticed already not many businesses (other than Walmart) are beating down the door to come here. Besides, I like it better without a team. It means better TV viewing of the games we are more likely to want to see. No Blackouts. WoooHooo. :D :D

totenhosen
08-11-2004, 03:58 PM
The city you and I live in has offered to refurbish the Rosebowl to get a team here and I don't know of any business, including the city of Pasadena that doesn't make money off having a team here. Look at Old Town any night the Bruins play here. And if the owners don't want to put a team here then let's motivate them buy not buying their crap.
From what I remember reading is that the City fired that guy and was searching for a new marketing company trying to lure another team. Don't forgot the Linda Vista Home Owners Association will put up a huge fight to stop a team from playing at the Rose Bowl.

Havasu Cig
08-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Shoot Ese most the people in LA that buy Raiders gear don't even know its a football team.
Forensic
along with the dip$hits with raiders stickers on their cars. :D

Dawn Patrol
08-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Shoot Ese most the people in LA that buy Raiders gear don't even know its a football team.
Forensic
LOL, It's very true. Da Gang Bangers love wearing Raider gear. It seems every time I watch Cops, they are chasing a Guy wearing it.
I could give a damn if the NFL puts a team in LA. I fly up to Oakland a couple times a year for a Guys weekend, If they move back, what the heck would we do then? We will be there opening Day, any other Raider fans flyin up for the opener?

throwerb
08-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Looks like I'll just just have to keep routing for the best team in LA. GO TROJANS! :D

CrazyHippy
08-11-2004, 07:04 PM
LOL, It's very true. Da Gang Bangers love wearing Raider gear. It seems every time I watch Cops, they are chasing a Guy wearing it.
I could give a damn if the NFL puts a team in LA. I fly up to Oakland a couple times a year for a Guys weekend, If they move back, what the heck would we do then? We will be there opening Day, any other Raider fans flyin up for the opener?
25% of the time it's one of the players....
BJH :eek: :D

Drunk tank
08-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Sure... I'm down! Shouldnt be too hard considering I've never been to a football game (or any other pro sport event) in my entire life and nor have I bought stuff with a teams name on it.

Essex502
08-12-2004, 06:03 AM
Hey Angelenos, it's time for us to stop giving the NFL our money,until they give us a team. We are still the largest retail buyer of NFL mechindise in the world. The Raiders have been number one in merch sales in the NFL for the last 5 years and over 41% of that is in LA. That doesn't even count the Dallas and 49er numbers. Think of the pressure that would be put on the NFL by retailers and wholesalers in this market. What do you say can you suck it up for a year and not buy their stuff, that old jersy and hat still look good anyway. :mad: WE NEED A TEAM!!!!
Frankly...I'm very happy NOT having a local team...why support the NFL with our tax dollars (the only way they will come if Corporate Welfare is involved)? With the NFL Package on DirecTV I get a choice of EVERY game every weekend with no Bull$hit blackouts! Why would I care to drive into the inner city to stand in line for overpriced tickets and drink overpriced beer and eat overpriced hotdogs - et cetera...when I can stay home in the comfort of my home with friends and enjoy ANY game I choose? To top that off, I probably wouldn't CARE about some expansion team (loser for a long time - usually) or has been team that "held us up for tax money" to come to L.A.!
NFL....listen up....STAY HOME!

Essex502
08-12-2004, 06:05 AM
along with the dip$hits with raiders stickers on their cars. :D
"Raider Nation" LMAO...what a bunch of losers! (decal displayers AND the Oakland Raiders as well - both sets are underachievers!)

welk2party
08-12-2004, 06:35 AM
I personally do not care if we have one or not. I like to watch from home.

MagicMtnDan
08-12-2004, 07:21 AM
If you (or you and your buddies) have say $200 million to buy a team AND you can convince the local politicians to pony up say $200 for a state-of-the-art stadium then I'm guessing the NFL will LET you have a team.
Personally I'm spending $200 a year on my team (DirecTV to watch every Steelers game).
http://twister.fashion.free.fr/images/bobbi_billard001.jpg

victorfb
08-12-2004, 07:45 AM
doesnt Rupert Murdock own FOX channel 11? with the money he has and the fact he allready has media access, you would think he would want a team. hummmm? LA Stars...... sounds like a team to me.

Essex502
08-12-2004, 10:38 AM
MMD - Didn't the Washington Redskins sell for something like $700 million - NOT $200 million...???

SchellSchock
08-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Need an NFL Team in LA. Think Los Angeles ..........Chargers!!!!
Might as well move em up there that way at least us San Diego folk can watch em on TV. Assumming they sell enough tickets.
I am so fed up with the Numbnut players coaches owners I didn't buy season tickets this year. So didn't alot of other people so now they won't be televised here, due to lack of ticket sales.
Then there is the whole Rivers thing.....
F...em I think I'll go boating instead.

mirvin
08-12-2004, 11:11 AM
I always boycott the nfl. What f'n waste of time.
Is it hockey season yet??
mirvin ;)

Boozer
08-12-2004, 11:23 AM
F*ck bringing a team to L.A. The team itself is going to cost a minimum of what 4-500 million. Thats not including the stadium. Why should a football team have to play in a renovated stadium when all the other teams in L.A. are getting new places to play like the Staples center? The team will want a new stadium and the only way you're going to get a new team is by buying as new stadium. The cost of Invesco field was $500 million they sold the naming rights for $120 million and used $60 million towards the construction costs and the other $60 is being used to keep thje number of advertisements in the stadium down. The other $440 million is paid by income tax and sales tax :mad: :mad:
You want a team in LA? Are you willing to pay for that team?
I'll pass but thanks anyway.

mirvin
08-12-2004, 01:36 PM
HEy Boozer, that's there is the problem. No way LA is gonna put tax money into a stadium when there aint no money to be had and we got the COllisium and the Rose Bowl amongst others.......
mirvin