PDA

View Full Version : Tales from the road: rrrr goes to CBBB

rrrr
08-11-2004, 08:15 PM
OK, so yesterday I found out my wife thinks 3 PM means "anytime between 3 and 7 PM".
So we only made it to Childress, TX last night, 160 miles from Amarillo. Got up this morning and headed out, stopped in Tucumcari and had lunch. Del's Diner is on old Route 66, I had green chile stuffed sopaipillas. Oh Gawd, it's heaven.....
Back in the Ex, made it to Albuquerque around 4 PM. Had dinner with the folks, and tomorrow we will be leaving around 3 PM. Prolly stay in Holbrook, then roll into the Avi around 4.
Who's gonna have KOBEER ready????
:D :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Wow.. have a great time.. And drive safely the rest of the trip.. :)

Debbolas
08-11-2004, 08:29 PM
We will have cold coors down at the sandbar/channel.......it's a scavenger hunt kind of thing....LOL :D

mbrown2
08-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Sounds like a great trip...hopefully you will get to enjoy yourself at Avi after that long commute...I get out to Plano about 4-5 years...normally by plane though.. :)

dmontzsta
08-11-2004, 09:02 PM
I saw you online and thought WTF, he is on the road. I cant wait to see the beast as I said. FE power! Keep chuggin along and have a safe trip.

rrrr
08-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Tomorrow morning we are going out to the Tijeras Canyon to meet Dick Ralstin. Dick has been in racing for 60 years...
Should be a rare treat. Check out his story.....
Dick Ralstin's website (http://www.dickralstin.com)

Mohavekid
08-11-2004, 09:43 PM
I'll have a cold one for you Friday when you pull in, just come on down to the beach.
The Ranch House on the west end of Gallup, just off I-40 has the best huevos rancheros and green chile jerkey around.

78Southwind
08-11-2004, 10:52 PM
To The Top

v-drive
08-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Tomorrow morning we are going out to the Tijeras Canyon to meet Dick Ralstin. Dick has been in racing for 60 years...
Should be a rare treat. Check out his story.....
Dick Ralstin's website (http://www.dickralstin.com)
I would say that is a treat indeed. He is a true pioneer. We all should pay more homage to our older generation because these very people are the ones that have shaped this world. Enjoy your visit... :D v-drive

JetBoatRich
08-12-2004, 04:28 AM
Really like the ON-ROAD updates, the fun has just begun and we will have a cold one for you at the AVI. On the beach or lounge at night.
Drive Safe and see you this weekend :)

dmontzsta
08-12-2004, 06:17 AM
We should all stand and clap as he pulls in. :D hahaha

JET-O-VATOR
08-12-2004, 06:25 AM
I Think He Wins The Longest Trek Award Forsure.....

Wally_Gator
08-12-2004, 06:32 AM
rrrr,
Drive safely,
My wife is from the DFW area and we make a trip out there every year.
Hope to see you there. We leave for CBBB in less than 8 hours.. Coming from So. Cal

rrrr
08-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Latest news from the road! We put in at Topock on Sunday, ran down to the Sandbar. Unbelieveable how beautiful it is. Since we got there late, most people had left.
Uh, I DID see a big orange and white boat go by around 5 PM with lots of brown skinned lovelies, but the driver never acknowledged me waving....prolly saw my haircut and figured I was one of them Texas rednecks. Chicken. :D :jawdrop:
We left Monday and drove to Phoenix. Spent the night with a racing buddy that also sells JC pontoons. Anyone need a 'toon with a 496 Mag?
Now we are back in Albuquerque, going to spend the night and most of tomorrow. Thursday morning we will be in Clarendon, TX to pick up the beyoochin' '66 Ford F100 we spotted on the way out. It will be the perfect tow vehicle for the flattie.
Me and Fonda had a awesome weekend. The folks we met were great, had fun talking with everyone. I think some of you guys figured out that having me around when fireworks are present is a reeeeeealy bad idea.... :D :D

JetBoatRich
08-18-2004, 05:03 AM
Glad you made it home safely, good to meet you :D and help you keep those lake lice from your boat, better yet the guy that sat on your boat eating Doritios :mad:

AngryJosh
08-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Yeah Ron, It was great meeting you although I never did get a ride in that boat. :( Maybe next year. Were glad you made it home safe, take care
AngryJosh

redneckgirl
08-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Latest news from the road! We put in at Topock on Sunday, ran down to the Sandbar. Unbelieveable how beautiful it is. Since we got there late, most people had left.
Uh, I DID see a big orange and white boat go by around 5 PM with lots of brown skinned lovelies, but the driver never acknowledged me waving....prolly saw my haircut and figured I was one of them Texas rednecks. Chicken. :D :jawdrop:
Was this the boat??? Shake-yo-azz has been known to have a few females on board!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1616Havasu_2004_037-med.jpg
RNG

rrrr
08-18-2004, 09:15 AM
Was this the boat??? Shake-yo-azz has been known to have a few females on board!!!
RNG
LOL, yeah, it was SYA. Of course, maybe he couldn't see the shoreline because there were so many of 'em in the boat....:D :D