PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator V bottom tunnel hull

Nubbs
08-12-2004, 08:48 PM
I found a 21' eliminator V bottom tunnel hull. I think it's an 88. It's a jet drive too. Anyways, does anyone know anything about these hulls? Good? Bad? Etc?
Thanks
Nubbs

Nubbs
08-13-2004, 06:01 AM
Somebody has to know something about these hulls? Please, I'm begging. :D

THOR
08-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Yep, its called an 'edge'. It is the same concept as the 24' Cheetah. Somewhat of a mod-vp where there is a v in the front of the hull and a tunnel in the back. I think Eliminator stopped making them in 1992 or 1993. They are faster than the conventional v hull, but less stable.

Pointerman
08-13-2004, 07:09 AM
Can you post a pic? I had an 88' Sleekcraft mod-v hull about a year ago. Sold it and bought the Baja. It was fairly fast, but not as fast as a cat or a tunnel. It was a little more stable than a tunnel, but it had really low freeboard and I got wet way too much. Didn't handle chop very well. It's fun boat for a small lake or river, but don't go where any big cruisers might be or wind chop.

Nubbs
08-13-2004, 08:43 AM
No pic yet. How does the tunnel handle the water compared to a regular V bottom?
Thanks
Nubbs

jackpunx
08-13-2004, 08:52 AM
No pic yet. How does the tunnel handle the water compared to a regular V bottom?
Thanks
Nubbs
Mine handles like a race boat.. :wink: It rides a lot like a cat when it packs air.. and turns like a V.. but all and all its still only 22" long.. so unless you still get beat up..
but the hull is ssssuuuuuppppper effecient.. dosnt take much power to get it over 90