PDA

View Full Version : Should Pete Rose be inducted to the Baseball Hall of Fame?

little rowe boat
08-14-2004, 11:34 AM
A little debate going on here at work,about Pete Rose and him being inducted into the Baseball hall of fame.We have a 50-50 split,so I said lets take it to the boards.

Dawn Patrol
08-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Put him in definately!
He played the game hard, Not like the Cry Babies of today. I don't think he could ever throw a game.

Johnwithjm
08-14-2004, 11:41 AM
There have been alot of players that have done things alot worse than Pete and got into the hall. I say put him in and be done with it.

Keith E. Sayre
08-14-2004, 11:46 AM
I believe that he should be put in and at the top of the list! He was one of
the fiercest competitors ever. What he lacked in speed or "god given" talent
he made up with determination. All one has to do is ask Ray Fosse, the
catcher at one of Roses best games and he'll agree that Pete Rose was the
man. Baseball has muddied up the history books by not including him when they have inducted many mediocre to average players.
Granted, what Pete did may have been wrong but not bad enough to give him what he has endured. He had a tremendous effect on me as a kid playing
baseball. Noone ever erased that from my mind.
Keith Sayre

Dawn Patrol
08-14-2004, 11:58 AM
I believe that he should be put in and at the top of the list! He was one of
the fiercest competitors ever. What he lacked in speed or "god given" talent
he made up with determination. All one has to do is ask Ray Fosse,
Keith Sayre
Rose vs Fosse..
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/classic/2000/1218/photo/c_rose_i.jpg

Big_Gunz_
08-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Yes, vote him in. He could play the game with the best of them. So he made a few mistakes, doesn't everyone, I know I've made a few.

Kilrtoy
08-14-2004, 12:06 PM
Are you kidding me,
NOONE and I mean noone ever played with the ove for the game like he did,
Nobody slid in to the bases (HEADFIRST) with such aggression.
PETE is the man

Havasu Doug
08-14-2004, 12:10 PM
I vote to induct him too. :D

Kilrtoy
08-14-2004, 12:27 PM
We have a 50-50 split
yeah , I bet the 50 that voted no at your work, WOULD VOTE TO PUT DARYL STRAWBERRY IN

sandblasted
08-14-2004, 01:41 PM
I voted no but if he is ever inducted it should be under the category:
"Baseball's Greatest Liar"..
I never had a problem with him gambling...Hell, alot of athletes gamble as do many regular folk..what i have a problem with is the fact that he lied to his fans for so many years...then came out and admitted he gambled...
I don't think liars deserve recognition...

AzDon
08-14-2004, 01:45 PM
So the guy bet on sports.....BIG EFFEN DEAL!.... What's that got to do with how he played baseball?
A more controversial question would be Dale Earnhart's legacy in NASCAR..... My opinion?.. Karma killed ol' Dale!!

Jordy
08-14-2004, 01:49 PM
"Baseball's Greatest Liar"...
You know, if he doesn't get inducted, he could always run for political office under the Democratic ticket. He'd fit right in.
I did not bet on baseball. Could you define bet though? :cool:
I didn't bet on baseball until I decided to and then I decided not to so I didn't again after the first couple of times. :D

NorCal Gameshow
08-14-2004, 01:53 PM
You know, if he doesn't get inducted, he could always run for political office under the Democratic ticket. He'd fit right in.
I did not bet on baseball. Could you define bet though? :cool:
I didn't bet on baseball until I decided to and then I decided not to so I didn't again after the first couple of times. :D
:D :D :D i'm rollin' over here....that's effin' perfect :D :D :D

TOBTEK
08-14-2004, 01:58 PM
"Baseball's Greatest Liar"..
I never had a problem with him gambling...Hell, alot of athletes gamble as do many regular folk..what i have a problem with is the fact that he lied to his fans for so many years...then came out and admitted he gambled...
I don't think liars deserve recognition...
IF president CLINTON got away with it with the entire MONICA thing....pete's issues are insignificant in my book( my point being...the leader of the free world got caught lieing). I vote put him in! The all time base hit leader ISN't in the HAll of fame.....if anything put the full story of the wall plaque, so all can see the full history of this player, my .02

77charger
08-14-2004, 02:02 PM
one good baseball player for sure.And everyone gambles.

sandblasted
08-14-2004, 02:18 PM
IF president CLINTON got away with it with the entire MONICA thing....pete's issues are insignificant in my book( my point being...the leader of the free world got caught lieing). I vote put him in! The all time base hit leader ISN't in the HAll of fame.....if anything put the full story of the wall plaque, so all can see the full history of this player, my .02
It's too bad we can lump Pete Rose and Clinton in the same boat because Rose was a great ball player...but he's still a liar that lacks character...and if he never makes it to the hall too bad...There will be plenty of other great players in there...

cola
08-14-2004, 02:21 PM
So the guy bet on sports.....BIG EFFEN DEAL!.... What's that got to do with how he played baseball?
A more controversial question would be Dale Earnhart's legacy in NASCAR..... My opinion?.. Karma killed ol' Dale!!
**************************FUC K-YOU***********************

JustMVG
08-14-2004, 02:24 PM
Hell yeah he should be in the Hall!! Fierce, determined and always working hard for the team, and like it's been said before there are players who did far worse than Pete and they made it in. Please Forward this thread to the Commish of Baseballand lets get a campaign to get him in!!!!!!
Mike VG

boatnam2
08-14-2004, 02:53 PM
i think pete was one of the best and did great things i loved him as a kid.i rmemeber playing on teh slip and slide and doing a pete rose.but his great ego which made him a great player also made him a big asshole.do you ever hear the guy talk sounds like a 2 bit friggin gambler from vegas polyester suits,willing to sell or say anything so he can make a buck to make a bet.only one thing would of keep him out of the hall and that was gambling he knew it but his big ego and addiction made him do the cardinal sin bet on a game your involved in. i dont fill sorry for he had it all but wanted more.kick him to the curband throw strawberries dumb ass out there with him.

rsoscia
08-14-2004, 02:56 PM
without a doubt he should be in the hall

NorCal Gameshow
08-14-2004, 03:01 PM
i think pete was one of the best and did great things,but his great ego which made him a great player also made him a big asshole.kick him to the curb.the strawberries dumb ass out there with him.
that kinda sums it up...competition driven ...
he had to know it was wrong, but thought he could get over...prolly thought he was bigger than the game... like everyone else, he's gotta deal with the consequences...

MagicMtnDan
08-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Great player, no doubt.
Unethical, immoral person, no doubt.
Problem is he gambled on baseball while he was in it (managing as I recall).
If you condone that behavior then you're allowing the entire game to be tainted and put at risk.
One final point - Pete Rose himself agreed (signed) that he would not be inducted into the Hall of Fame. But of course a guy with no ethics doesn't care about a legal document.
And why should you? Ethics aren't important, right? Lemme guess - you're gonna vote for John Kerry and you also think that it's OK for gays to be legally married. :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
08-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Please, with all the jokers high on crack, steroids, half of the clowns smoking weed,
LET HIM IN.
He at least played like a man unlike these sissy's of today......

Jrocket
08-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Whens the last time you ate shit or watched somebody eat shit and say ..oh man I just did a Pete Rose across the ground!
The guy is a legend,put him in.

LASERRAY
08-14-2004, 06:11 PM
On the merit of his playing, absolutely. This should be the one and only consideration. I do strongly disagree with him betting on his own team and baseball as a whole, but this should not factor-in with his eligibility for the Hall of fame. :wink:

OGShocker
08-14-2004, 06:12 PM
**************************FUC K-YOU***********************
Lovin' this!!!

schiada96
08-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Karma? So how many times has your **** up kid done wrong things. Your a real piece of shit. Are you sure you have not done anything as of late.

Bow Tie Omega
08-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Yes, Pete Rose should be allowed to enter the Hall, his indiscretions had no effect on the stats which he produced throughout his career. With that being said, while I personally would like to see Pete manage again, I do not think that MLB can let him function in a capacity which he can personally alter the outcomes of games that others play.