PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Bush guy gets kicked in the junk...

HighRoller
08-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Last week one of the radio news channels was covering the Bush/Kerry appearances. Of course they made a big deal of the "protesters" outside Bush's appearance. They even went so far as to interview one of the "disgruntled" protesters during a local radio show that features two rather conservative fellows.
Reporter: Why are you here protesting?
Man: I had an 18 dollar an hour job for 31 years until George Bush took office. Now I'm unemployed. I've been out of work for six months and something has to be done! The Bush economic policy has put my family at risk of being homeless!
Radio Host(Cuts in): Wait a second..he had a 20 dollar an hour job for over 30 years? Is that right?
Reporter: Yes. He says he lost his job six months ago after making 18 dollars an hour for over 30 years.
Radio host: Okay...hold on a second...(scribbling on paper).....Okay..wait a minute. According to my math, this guy made about a million dollars in the last 30 years. Now he's saying he doesn't have enough saved up to last 6 months?
Other radio host: How do you work that long making that kind of money and not have anything in the bank?
Radio Host: Can you ask this guy what he spent all his money on?
Reporter: (mumbling question to protester)Okay, well apparently he's busy right now so we'll take it back to you guys...
Hosts:LAUGHTER.........Yup..looks like Bush is definitely the problem!

RiverDave
08-16-2004, 01:30 AM
Last week one of the radio news channels was covering the Bush/Kerry appearances. Of course they made a big deal of the "protesters" outside Bush's appearance. They even went so far as to interview one of the "disgruntled" protesters during a local radio show that features two rather conservative fellows.
Reporter: Why are you here protesting?
Man: I had an 18 dollar an hour job for 31 years until George Bush took office. Now I'm unemployed. I've been out of work for six months and something has to be done! The Bush economic policy has put my family at risk of being homeless!
Radio Host(Cuts in): Wait a second..he had a 20 dollar an hour job for over 30 years? Is that right?
Reporter: Yes. He says he lost his job six months ago after making 18 dollars an hour for over 30 years.
Radio host: Okay...hold on a second...(scribbling on paper).....Okay..wait a minute. According to my math, this guy made about a million dollars in the last 30 years. Now he's saying he doesn't have enough saved up to last 6 months?
Other radio host: How do you work that long making that kind of money and not have anything in the bank?
Radio Host: Can you ask this guy what he spent all his money on?
Reporter: (mumbling question to protester)Okay, well apparently he's busy right now so we'll take it back to you guys...
Hosts:LAUGHTER.........Yup..looks like Bush is definitely the problem!
I don't see the humour in the joke.. 20 bucks an hour is barely sraping buy in california now days. :(
RD

NorCal Gameshow
08-16-2004, 01:41 AM
I don't see the humour in the joke.. 20 bucks an hour is barely sraping buy in california now days. :(
RD
truedat :( ,
i think the joke was the guy made it sound like he had been making 18 bucks per hour for 31 years...
($18 per hour * 2100 hours )*31 years=$1.17 mill in total earnings, before uncle sams cut of course :wink:

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 01:53 AM
We're talking about Oregon. I make the equivalent of about 15 bucks an hour and up here that's "middle class". This turd was making 18 bucks an hour for over 30 years and couldn't manage to build up a rainy day fund. So now he's blaming W. Back in the 80's and 90's, 18 an hour was big bucks. He pissed away his money and now he's whining. What happened to "saving up for a rainy day"?
The average job lasts 3.5 years today. It's not like years ago where you had a lifetime job. But because nobody puts any money in the bank they want the government to pay for their healthcare and unemployment. Grow up. Live within your means. Drive a cheaper car. Save money. Cut up your credit cards. Clue: If you can't pay cash for it, most likely you can't afford it unless it's a house.

Seadog
08-16-2004, 05:07 AM
My brother makes a lot more than I do ($40-60/hr + apartment) and he has no money. His car was acting up and he thinks he needs to buy another one. My Dad talked him into taking it to a mechanic. He had a plugged injector. If he had tried to sell it like it was, he would have lost a bundle. Its not how much you make, it is how you spend it.

Kachina26
08-16-2004, 05:40 AM
$18 hr 30 years ago was good money. I would be more upset about not getting a raise in all that time.

bigd1
08-16-2004, 06:08 AM
Wow!! That's really funny. Too bad he didn't lose his health insurance and then get diagnosed with cancer. That would be a real laugh riot. What a tool.

gnarley
08-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Sounds like more rhetoric BS to me. How many people do you know that have made the same income for 31 years without a cost of living adjustment? Maybe the guy wasn't very smart, but he was able to hold a job for 31 years! I wonder if this was a real guy and if he had a family and a home? Anyone that believes this was the whole story must only have half a brain. I have met a few people that saved a considerable amount of money over 20+ years only to loose it trying to keep their home and their kids in a good school when one of the spouses lost a job. Then couple that to a major medical expense and you could loose all your savings in less than a year.
HR pull your head out of your ass and think about the stupid BS you post, there are two sides to every story and if you don't post the entire truth to both, it is just BS, you’re an ass IMO.

HM
08-16-2004, 08:51 AM
gnarley, in your own words.....pull your head out...what is you? deaf and stupid?
The guy made over $1 million in his lifetime and had nothing to show for it. So, lets just ignore that, and talk about no raises, and cost of living, and yada yada yada and blame Bush for his problems.
Take some responsibility for your life man!! Don't blame others for no pay increase. You don't like it, get another job. NO one is holding a gun to your head to work a job. Get another job, start your own business or something. Stop bitching about what you are not getting, and focus on what you can do to get what you want (besides bitching). You live in the land of opportunity! And if you can't find opportunity (impossible) then make it!!
HR's post is great example of the entitlement attitude pushed by the left and how you point out their own personal responsiblity and they have nothing to say.
I commend HR for his attitude about life since it is pretty obvious he is not in the "wealthiest 20 percent." He will not sell his soul to the devil (aka the democrats).

08-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Kinda makes me wonder how the Buggy-whip workers are doing?

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Sounds like more rhetoric BS to me. How many people do you know that have made the same income for 31 years without a cost of living adjustment? .
It sounds like the guy wasn't thinking or expressing himself clearly. A job making 18 bucks an hour would have made 4 or maybe 5 bucks an hour in 1973 (the year I graduated high school). I think it was a case of a not so bright person making a point and someone taking the illogical argument to its illogical conclusion.
That being said, blaming the president for his woes is just as mistaken as giving credit to billybob clintoon for the prosperity of the 90s. His policies didn't even influence the economic run, even his draconian tax increases, until his FCC commissioner decided to recommend to congress that radio spectrum be auctioned... which in large part led to the tech crash of 2000-2001.
This moneygrab by those on capitol hill led to the largest spate of corporate bankruptcies in years. An entire startup industry was wiped out before it could get out of the starting gate, (wireless broadband on licensed spectrum). Working in the industry I saw and was affected by this issue more than most on this board would have been.

Ducatista
08-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Sounds like the guy owned a hot boat for all those years......... :D

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Sounds like the guy owned a hot boat for all those years......... :D
Damn, I shoulda said that... I was thinking it! :jawdrop:

Blown 472
08-16-2004, 01:52 PM
gnarley, in your own words.....pull your head out...what is you? deaf and stupid?
The guy made over $1 million in his lifetime and had nothing to show for it. So, lets just ignore that, and talk about no raises, and cost of living, and yada yada yada and blame Bush for his problems.
Take some responsibility for your life man!! Don't blame others for no pay increase. You don't like it, get another job. NO one is holding a gun to your head to work a job. Get another job, start your own business or something. Stop bitching about what you are not getting, and focus on what you can do to get what you want (besides bitching). You live in the land of opportunity! And if you can't find opportunity (impossible) then make it!!
HR's post is great example of the entitlement attitude pushed by the left and how you point out their own personal responsiblity and they have nothing to say.
I commend HR for his attitude about life since it is pretty obvious he is not in the "wealthiest 20 percent." He will not sell his soul to the devil (aka the democrats).
Blah blah blah, what if he lived in an area where there are not so many opportunies?? oh thats right he should move and start a pyrimid scam?? :messedup:

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 01:56 PM
oh thats right he should move and start a pyrimid scam?? :messedup:
You mean like California Real Estate? :supp:

ratso
08-16-2004, 02:16 PM
All I can say is don't live beyond your means. Look at Tyson, what's his excuse? The dude needs to put his energy toward finding another job...or two. I remember in my younger days holding down a full time job and working part time jobs too...living beyond my means. Do I feel sorry for the guy? H E L L N O!!! I pumped gas, worked in convienience stores...whatever...there are jobs out there. Get one...

gnarley
08-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Do you really believe that the guy, if real made $18.00 an hour for 31 years? Without knowing what wages were actually earned you cannot ASSUME that he earned $1 million in that time frame, doing so makes an ass out of you for believing it. Blaming it on Bush may not be fair but he may have caused the job loss through some policy, or it may have been caused by another president’s policy. Again we don’t have all the facts so for even bringing it forward and to this forum is a crock of sh*t.
I have to side with DE here on how he was able to read through the lines and think about what was said.
I have NO problemo when someone presents all the facts and it is believable. This just isn’t the case here and probably 95% of the time when someone posts some political BS for the left or right on this forum. Most of these posts do nothing but try to stir up sh*t and keep their side cheering them on and in most cases no none here has the resources to post a fully supported story.
There are always two sides to a story.
It sounds like the guy wasn't thinking or expressing himself clearly. A job making 18 bucks an hour would have made 4 or maybe 5 bucks an hour in 1973 (the year I graduated high school). I think it was a case of a not so bright person making a point and someone taking the illogical argument to its illogical conclusion.
That being said, blaming the president for his woes is just as mistaken as giving credit to billybob clintoon for the prosperity of the 90s.

ratso
08-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Doesn't matter if there are 20 sides to the friggin' story...get off your ass and get another job.

ratso
08-16-2004, 02:34 PM
I wish I could blame someone else every time life doesn't go as planned... :yuk:

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Look at Tyson, what's his excuse?
I think Gary Coleman got the job he was interviewing for... he wasn't too extatic about that... :hammer2:

ratso
08-16-2004, 02:43 PM
I think Gary Coleman got the job he was interviewing for... he wasn't too extatic about that... :hammer2:
Maybe Tyson should talk to Vince McMahon... :D

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 08:04 PM
I guess I have my head up my ass for thinking people should be self sufficient. You know, those who argue against my point ALWAYS have an excuse for lazy people. Way back when, people took pride in the fact that they SUPPORTED their families. They made it a point not to ever ask for a handout. They didn't borrow money for every little thing they felt they deserved. They did WHATEVER IT TOOK to make enough money. And if for some reason their income dropped, they...dare I say it? SACRIFICED some of the finer things to get by. I know that is crazy talk in today's world of brand new cars, big houses and 10,000 dollar credit card bills.
My point was twofold: to illustrate that a President can't make or break you, and to show how desperate the left is getting. I've even heard Bush blamed for the rise in bankruptcies. The fact is, we as a nation have more debt than we have disposable income when we count mortgages. It's personal behavior, not the President's policies, that cause people to go bankrupt and become down and out.

WetWillie
08-16-2004, 08:10 PM
http://www.scaryjohnkerry.com/taxes.htm
WW :hammer2:

cigarette1
08-16-2004, 08:15 PM
If this country was a business, it would need to file bankruptcy now because of the financial policies over the past 3 years
:idea:

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 09:18 PM
If this country was a business, it would need to file bankruptcy now because of the financial policies over the past 3 years
What? This country would have gone out of business 50 years ago! Please. We've had a multi trillion dollar deficit since long before either bush was in office and the Democrats are the ones who introduced such deficit building gems as "welfare" and "Social Security". Get off the Bush bashing and stick to the facts. P.S. Clinton never had a "surplus". He borrowed 70 billion from the Soc Sec trust fund to cover the loss and called it a surplus.
[QUOTE] hate to break this to you, and ruin your perfectly good nonsensical post, but making $1M over 30 years is really not very good money. You have your wife, 2.5 kids, house, two cars and you're probably just barely making ends meet.
I never said it was "good" money, but the dude chose to ride it out. Now, you say there's no way to have 2.5 kids, a house and 2 cars on that salary. Bull Shyt. You can't have 2 NEW car payments and a big house and vacations in the caribbean, but you CAN do it and put money in the bank as well. Many families who apply COMMON SENSE to their way of living can get a long way on not a lot of money. Sure, they don't have fancy crap like most people, but most people are BROKE! Shockwave Bob, go to your neighbors and take a survey. Find out their net income and then find out how much they pay out in bills and how much the balance is on their credit cards and other loans. I'd be willing to bet in more than 50% of the cases their debt(not including house) is equal to their yearly income or exceeds it. Keeping up with the Joneses is stupid because the Joneses are cash poor like the rest of the country.

NorCal Gameshow
08-16-2004, 09:36 PM
That being said, blaming the president for his woes is just as mistaken as giving credit to billybob clintoon for the prosperity of the 90s. His policies didn't even influence the economic run, even his draconian tax increases, until his FCC commissioner decided to recommend to congress that radio spectrum be auctioned... which in large part led to the tech crash of 2000-2001.
This moneygrab by those on capitol hill led to the largest spate of corporate bankruptcies in years. An entire startup industry was wiped out before it could get out of the starting gate, (wireless broadband on licensed spectrum). Working in the industry I saw and was affected by this issue more than most on this board would have been.
Dr E. someday i'll buy you a beer and you can 'splain this spectrum thing. :D
there are "behind the scene" things like this that many of us don't know about or understand, but we feel the effect ...
:frown:

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Dr E. someday i'll buy you a beer and you can 'splain this spectrum thing. :D
there are "behind the scene" things like this that many of us don't know about or understand, but we feel the effect ...
:frown:
It wasn't all the gov's fault in honesty... but the stage was set by the government. The companies that bid billions and made multi hundred million dollar down payments for these licenses then found that the business had fundamentally changed from their pre auction models... because the government kept on auctioning radio spectrum. The resulting competition caused their revenue models to go out the window, and investment bankers and the stock market left in droves, and the business imploded.
The result: hundreds of companies default on loan agreements and layoff thousands of workers and close the doors. This was a part of the tech bubble... and this had nothing to do with the dot com bust, other than the timing was the same. The market soured on tech altogether at that time. That was at the tail end of 2000 and into 2001 before Sept 11.

INXS
08-17-2004, 12:02 AM
I’ve worked with some co-workers for the last 22 years. They never saved or they bought the fancy car and took the expense vacations before buying a house. And they never though that if they saved a little extra that in twenty or thirty years they would have a nice nest egg. :hammer2:

HM
08-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Blah blah blah, what if he lived in an area where there are not so many opportunies?? oh thats right he should move and start a pyrimid scam?? :messedup:
You're funny. :wink: Don't let the 10 page article in Fortune this month on Network Marketing companies fool you...it is all a scam!!!! $49 billion, with a b, industry that has out paced every stock index since its conception. Amazingly, my company grows at over 40% every year, debt free, at the highest profitability in the telecom industry where the industry giants flounder, and we undercut their prices and make more money at the same time. You would think after 12 years they would shut this scam down!!! Helping millions save money and allowing people to make money...what an f'ing scam. Blown, thank you for shining the light. Dumb ass. Do your research, or just sit in your basement with your pants around your ankles masturbating to Hoss's weiner. If you are gonna show what an idiot you are, atleast use humor. :crossx:

HighRoller
08-17-2004, 12:41 AM
I have a guaranteed money making scheme. WORK! It builds your profits every time. And my secret to getting rich quick? Get rich slow. Works every time. I know it's not as glamorous as buying the wife that new Lexus or putting a new Sea-Doo on your Credit Card, but it will let you retire rich one day. I know. I'm boring. But in a year and a half I'll have NO debt and be able to pay cash for my wife's Lexus so you can eat me.... :2purples: