PDA

View Full Version : New addition to our family

topless
08-16-2004, 02:04 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/956Bri_and_snake-med.jpg

Her454
08-16-2004, 02:09 PM
OMG.............thats just not right. I thought we were crazy here on the Mountain but thats just f'ng insane! I wouldnt live on the same block....I mean the same trailer park! :eek: :eek:

topless
08-16-2004, 02:13 PM
OMG.............thats just not right. I thought we were crazy here on the Mountain but thats just f'ng insane! I wouldnt live on the same block....I mean the same trailer park! :eek: :eek:
It's a red tailed boa. He lives in an enclosure that is made from doors and double paned glass that stays locked. He can only eat rats or small rabbits. He actually is very calm.

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 02:15 PM
You removed Tom Brown's penis?:2purples: What did you name it?

Tom Brown
08-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Cool. The next time I stop by, I'm going to try to agitate it and see if we can get it to suffocate something. :cool:
By the way, my snake is venomous also.

topless
08-16-2004, 02:19 PM
You removed Tom Brown's penis?:2purples: What did you name it?
His name is Tom believe it or not. My son named him. :rollside:

Her454
08-16-2004, 02:59 PM
It's a red tailed boa. He lives in an enclosure that is made from doors and double paned glass that stays locked. He can only eat rats or small rabbits. He actually is very calm.
OR small children and puppies.................. :hammerhea

topless
08-16-2004, 03:01 PM
OR small children and puppies.................. :hammerhea
Are you hitting me on the head with a hammer???????????? Thats it! You are lasered! :lightsabe
His head is too little to eat children. I do however keep my dogs away from him.

JetBoatRich
08-16-2004, 03:04 PM
That is a good size BOA :supp: looks pretty mellow
I had one years go, built a big corner cage for her to crawl a round in :eat:

lucky
08-16-2004, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Tom Brown]Cool. The next time I stop by, I'm going to try to agitate it and see if we can get it to suffocate something. :cool:
tom - so what your sayin is you want to stop by and see if you can choke the chicken ???? :rolleyes:

dicudmore
08-16-2004, 03:06 PM
wow.....
not for me but good looking snake :cool:

Her454
08-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Are you hitting me on the head with a hammer???????????? Thats it! You are lasered! :lightsabe
His head is too little to eat children. I do however keep my dogs away from him.
LOL well if I knew then what I know now, I would have FED him my children......:)
And yes, I am hitting you on the head with a hammer, you were wayyyy overdue. :mix:

HCS
08-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Boa's are cool until they get too big. A buddy of mine had one that we use to
feed rats to all the time. The thing was cool until it got about 30 feet long.
Then it turn into one mean S.O.B. and wanted to eat everything in sight.
It snapped at his girly freind a couple of times then snapped at him. He said
that was it! and donated it to the zoo.
The zoo said they had never seen one that big in someones house. :2purples:
I don't remember the exact length when he got rid of it, but it was big.
Good luck with your snake.

topless
08-16-2004, 07:14 PM
So far he is really cool. He is 7 1/2 feet. About 6 yrs old. We got him from a reptile rescue because the original owners were moving out of state and couldn't take him. I have never had a snake before so I thought I'd do it right and get a real one. LOL If I ever have to get rid of it, the rescue will take it back. He really is mellow......................now. :jawdrop: I won't let my son take it out of it's cage unless I'm there. Just precautions. :frown:

twistedpair
08-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Just be sure he really is hungry before you feed him. My brother had a Boa and used to feed it rats. One night he tossed in a rat and the snake was not real interested. Next morning, Rat 1, Snake 0. The little 'effer killed the Boa.

Tom Brown
08-16-2004, 07:26 PM
The little 'effer killed the Boa.
That wouldn't bother me. As long as I get to look on in wonder at the mechanics of the food chain, I'm happy.
... so did he buy little snakes to feed to the rat?

topless
08-16-2004, 07:30 PM
I heard a story of one that they didn't stun the rat enough and it ate it's way out of the snakes belly. I watch to make sure the :eek: rat is dead before it is eaten. This snake is smart too. He squeezes its rat to death and then rubs its head all over it and makes sure it doesn't move before he eats it. Kinda funny tho, I thought it would poop fur and bones but no, only looks like big bird poop.

topless
08-16-2004, 07:30 PM
I heard a story of one that they didn't stun the rat enough and it ate it's way out of the snakes belly. I watch to make sure the rat is dead before it is eaten. This snake is smart too. He squeezes its rat to death and then rubs its head all over it and makes sure it doesn't move before he eats it. Kinda funny tho, I thought it would poop fur and bones but no, only looks like big bird poop. :eek: :cool:

twistedpair
08-16-2004, 07:31 PM
No, I think he actually let it go. Figured he earned it, I guess.

topless
08-16-2004, 07:34 PM
His last meal was a baby rabbit. I hated that. So Tom, when are we gunna get kinky with the snake and take pictures?

Tom Brown
08-16-2004, 07:35 PM
I heard a story of one that they didn't stun the rat enough and it ate it's way out of the snakes belly.
The sea must have been angry that day.
How about a picture of that poop? You've piqued my interest.

topless
08-16-2004, 07:37 PM
The sea must have been angry that day.
How about a picture of that poop? You've piqued my interest.
No poop pics. How about we make a video and you can film all the poop u want? :hammer2:

Tom Brown
08-16-2004, 07:38 PM
We can call it, "Snake Scat 909"

topless
08-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Well hurry then, Times a wastin! Snake is getting hungry too!

Debbolas
08-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Very cool snake, I just don't want them so big you have to feed them puppies and kittens............. :frown:
They are nice snakes, and that one is beautiful!! :D

JetBoatRich
08-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Just be sure he really is hungry before you feed him. My brother had a Boa and used to feed it rats. One night he tossed in a rat and the snake was not real interested. Next morning, Rat 1, Snake 0. The little 'effer killed the Boa.
another cause for this is the cage/enviroment is to cold for them :eat: so they will hibernate until their ody temperture comes up :o
I had a similiar problem, heater went out in cage, through rat in the cage and rat chewed on the snake :hammerhea snake was to cold to eat, and they o not fight or kill to just kill :sleeping: My snake had a lot of bite marks, where you could see deep inside of it. Vet was great, gave me home medicine to heal it, shots every to days :eek:
The rat was disposed of later :hammerhea

Windy
08-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Very cool of you to rescue him...I couldnt do it.
MissHBjet<~~dog person

uclahater
08-16-2004, 09:54 PM
My first Ball Python was eaten by a rat all the way down the snake, and to the spine :( I learned my lesson, and know I watch to make sure the rats eaten within 20 Minutes :D If not the Rat takes a flight over the wall into the field for my cat to go catch :devil:

SpectraJoel
08-16-2004, 09:58 PM
stupid question...what do you do with a pet snake? I mean they are not like a dog that you can teach to fetch or take for a walk. Or am I wrong? Can you take a snake out for a slither around the block?

lucky
08-17-2004, 05:57 AM
stupid question...what do you do with a pet snake? I mean they are not like a dog that you can teach to fetch or take for a walk. Or am I wrong? Can you take a snake out for a slither around the block?
the hell out of unsuspecting peps !!!

uclahater
08-17-2004, 07:05 AM
Watch it Eat :devil: :sqeyes: :D

Aqua Boogie1
08-17-2004, 08:22 AM
Here's mine...........
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/600TJ_x-mas015-med.jpg

FMluvswater
09-03-2004, 01:24 AM
That is way freaking cool!! :cool: I always wished I could have a snake for a pet but I don't have the emotional fortitude to sacrifice furry critters to feed them - I'm a such a wuss ... poor snake's gotta eat too. I think that snake is really beautiful. :)