PDA

View Full Version : Jet Boaters

Boozer
08-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Where do you guys usually run your boats without getting beat up to badly?
My Bayliner is still in Colorado and one of my buddies just offered me more then paid for it so I'm thinking about taking the money and running. I'd be stupid not too. I'm thinking about replacing it with an older jet boat or maybe even a V-Drive. I want something I can have fun with but pick up over the winter for 3-5K. My father and I are most likely going to be buying a nice 25' V in a couple years but I have other priorities I need to take care of before getting 65K+ in debt. Like buying a f*ckin overpriced 40+ year old house for 8 bujillion dollars here in California :yuk: :yuk:
Thanks.

dmontzsta
08-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Where do you guys usually run your boats without getting beat up to badly?
My Bayliner is still in Colorado and one of my buddies just offered me more then paid for it so I'm thinking about taking the money and running. I'd be stupid not too. I'm thinking about replacing it with an older jet boat or maybe even a V-Drive. I want something I can have fun with but pick up over the winter for 3-5K. My father and I are most likely going to be buying a nice 25' V in a couple years but I have other priorities I need to take care of before getting 65K+ in debt. Like buying a f*ckin overpriced 40+ year old house for 8 bujillion dollars here in California :yuk: :yuk:
Thanks.
The river is your friend. You can go to any of the local lakes with a v drive and not have to worry about anything, most parts of the river are good in the mornings, some you have to wait until noon. We were at Laughlin this weekend and chewed a prop running on to some rocks, I heard some other jets and v drives hit the same rocks, just not as bad cause it was later in the day. We went up to Needles the following morning and the water was high there.

XtrmWakeborder
08-16-2004, 09:38 PM
I run my boat in Parker, not to bad most of the time

HCS
08-16-2004, 09:43 PM
V-DRIVE quote: V-DRIVE.
GO WITH A V-DRIVE. :crossx:
You won't regret it! :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Like buying a f*ckin overpriced 40+ year old house for 8 bujillion dollars here in California :yuk: :yuk:
Thanks.
The old California pyramid scheme... real estate... :rolleyes:

HCS
08-16-2004, 09:49 PM
I have a house for sale. Everyone in Crowdifornia should.
There's bidding wars! :argue:

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 09:56 PM
I have a house for sale. Everyone in Crowdifornia should.
There's bidding wars! :argue:
I just found out that a house of similar size to mine, on a busy street vs. my quiet court... w/o RV access which mine has, on a small lot, unlike mine on a large corner lot on the court, w/o pool (I have a pool) just sold for about 100K more than I thought they'd be going for in the area. I guess I oughta pay more attention... :2purples:

NorCal Gameshow
08-16-2004, 10:02 PM
my old neighborhood down south, average tract homes nothing special $350.00 plus per square foot :cry:

HCS
08-16-2004, 10:13 PM
I just found out that a house of similar size to mine, on a busy street vs. my quiet court... w/o RV access which mine has, on a small lot, unlike mine on a large corner lot on the court, w/o pool (I have a pool) just sold for about 100K more than I thought they'd be going for in the area. I guess I oughta pay more attention... :2purples:
I work with a guy that put his house on the market and it sold in one week.
I told him he didn't ask enough.
My neighbor put his house on the market for 310,000.00 and it sold in six
hours! to a couple from Arizona. He didn't ask enough.
The realtor's here are doing the shang high!
I would ask 100,000.00 dollars more for my house than the realtor wants me
too. Then take offers.
They ask to low of a price for your home, then get into a bidding war and
try to convince you that you got a smokin deal. :220v:

NorCal Gameshow
08-16-2004, 10:19 PM
I work with a guy that put his house on the market and it sold in one week.
I told him he didn't ask enough.
My neighbor put his house on the market for 310,000.00 and it sold in six
hours! to a couple from Arizona. He didn't ask enough.
The realtor's here are doing the shang high!
I would ask 100,000.00 dollars more for my house than the realtor wants me
to. Then take offers.
They ask to low of a price for your home, then get into a bidding war and
try to convince you that you got a smokin deal. :220v:
similar thing happend to my neighbor... we'll start here and let them bid...

HCS
08-16-2004, 10:27 PM
So Boozer.....You going to get a jet boat? :D

NorCal Gameshow
08-16-2004, 10:29 PM
So Boozer.....You going to get a jet boat? :D
that's funny , after i looked up from my last post I saw the topic "jet boaters"...i thought it was on the cost of housing in cali :D

HCS
08-16-2004, 10:34 PM
that's funny , after i looked up from my last post I saw the topic "jet boaters"...i thought it was on the cost of housing in cali :D
I think that's Dr Eagle's fault. :notam:

Some Kind Of Monster
08-16-2004, 10:55 PM
I run in the local lakes. Sometimes I have to get out really early or stay out late to get the good water, but it's worth it :mix:

Drunk tank
08-16-2004, 11:03 PM
V-DRIVE quote: V-DRIVE.
GO WITH A V-DRIVE. :crossx:
You won't regret it! :rolleyes:
Ya get more booty with a jet.... ;)