PDA

View Full Version : Florida Hurricane..."victims"?

HighRoller
08-17-2004, 05:22 AM
I'm Sofa king tired of the nonstop news coverage of the hurricane "victims". Hello? Moron? You bought a brand new house from a guy 9 years ago in Florida. Why was it such a bargain? Because 10 years ago a hurricane flattened his old house on the very same spot. "Oh, it's such an unexpected tragedy"....WTF? Right...Florida hasn't been hit by a hurricane since...LAST FUKKING YEAR ASSHOLE! WAKE UP! We're not sending you water and food, we're gonna send you a fukking UHAUL so you can move your stupid ass out of the hurricane zone. Blame the government for not coming to your rescue...Fukk you! The government can't grow you a brain so you can figure out a panhandle sticking out into the ocean might get slammed once a year by a hurricane. Maybe you can move to Kansas so you can bitch about your trailer getting uprooted by an "unexpected" tornado every year. DUMBASSES!

DansBlown73Nordic
08-17-2004, 05:27 AM
I have to AGREE 100 % If you buy a house where it is known for a Tornado, or for that matter loud traffic..... :hammerhea
Don't be a retard and complain about it later.....

Essex502
08-17-2004, 05:52 AM
Not only at they stupid enough to buy a house where hurricanes are frequent visitors but to buy a MOBILE HOME in that location is the height of stupidity.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Not only at they stupid enough to buy a house where hurricanes are frequent visitors but to buy a MOBILE HOME in that location is the height of stupidity.
trailer parks seem to be magnets for hurricanes and tornadoes. It doesn't matter if it is the only trailer park in the whole damn state that hurricane/tornado is going to find it :devil: Speaking as a person in hurricane country, if a hurricane hits Houston I am headed west until it is all over and no I do not live in a trailer house. It is simply not worth risking your life to protect your property. I really don't understand what people think they are going to do to protect their property from 100+ mph winds anyway. Mother nature is a bitch and she always wins
Omega

MagicMtnDan
08-17-2004, 08:05 AM
I'm Sofa king tired of the nonstop news coverage of the hurricane "victims". Hello? Moron? You bought a brand new house from a guy 9 years ago in Florida. Why was it such a bargain? Because 10 years ago a hurricane flattened his old house on the very same spot. "Oh, it's such an unexpected tragedy"....WTF? Right...Florida hasn't been hit by a hurricane since...LAST FUKKING YEAR ASSHOLE! WAKE UP! We're not sending you water and food, we're gonna send you a fukking UHAUL so you can move your stupid ass out of the hurricane zone. Blame the government for not coming to your rescue...Fukk you! The government can't grow you a brain so you can figure out a panhandle sticking out into the ocean might get slammed once a year by a hurricane. Maybe you can move to Kansas so you can bitch about your trailer getting uprooted by an "unexpected" tornado every year. DUMBASSES!
So are you saying no one should live in Florida or South Carolina or North Carolina or Mississippi or Alabama or New Orleans or... ???
I don't think people should be allowed to live in or own mobile homes in any states where hurricanes or tornadoes touch down frequently (there's a reason they call them "mobile homes" or "trailers").

Roxysnow
08-17-2004, 08:26 AM
So are you saying no one should live in Florida or South Carolina or North Carolina or Mississippi or Alabama or New Orleans or... ???
I don't think people should be allowed to live in or own mobile homes in any states where hurricanes or tornadoes touch down frequently (there's a reason they call them "mobile homes" or "trailers").
He's not saying that, It's just that these people act like it's so unexpected but it happens year after year! And then it's other people that have to come to the rescue! If your going to move to those places then it should be common sense these disasters can happen! :messedup: Homeowners Insurance!!!!

572Daytona
08-17-2004, 08:30 AM
I guess it's kind of like living in wildfire areas or Earthquake zone then right? I guess the next time SF is hit by a quake they shouldn't be expecting any type of assitance since they know it is only a matter of time.

cdog
08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
I guess it's kind of like living in wildfire areas or Earthquake zone then right? I guess the next time SF is hit by a quake they shouldn't be expecting any type of assitance since they know it is only a matter of time.
Exactly. People do what they have to do to get by. You should think more about your comments. Where do you want them to live,.....Here. Look when the 909 was burning down. I live in OC and had friends from Florida call to see if we were ok. It just so happens I have friends who live in Punta Gorda where all this stuff happened and I can't get a hold of them. And no they don't live in a trailer.
I think we could use a good earthquake here in SOCAL to get rid of some people.
One of the biggest sunami's in US history was up on the Oregon coast line and swept away a grade school and many others. Next time that happens should we just say too bad?
I agree with you High Roller most of the time, Just remember, Shit Happens. I'd rather my tax dollars go to help hurricane victims than crack babbies in the inner city.

superdave013
08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
I GUESS I'M A DUMB SHIT FOR LIVING BY A FUALT LINE TOO!
Hogroller, sometimes you're such the tool.

572Daytona
08-17-2004, 09:08 AM
I did a little research and it looks like the last time a hurricane hit the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte FL area was 1960. So much for being in a hot area. Hurricanes and even more so Tornados are very localized occurences, there is no good way to predict where or when. Pretty much anyone living east of the rocky mountains has a chance of being affected by tornados or hurricanes. Mobile home are an issue though since they aren't well constructed, typically there are strict building codes in coastal areas to make houses more hurricane proof, but those wouldn't apply to mobile homes. I do think somone should have done a better job of making sure the mobile home parks were evacuated prior to the storm. Unlike with tornados you should have ample warning time to evacuate during a hurricane.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:16 AM
maybe they should start building the houses under ground.. LOL!! :) :p

Boozer
08-17-2004, 09:17 AM
I wonder how much it is going to cost to rebuild Florida.

Keithb87
08-17-2004, 09:17 AM
maybe they should start building the houses under ground.. LOL!! :) :p
You should be a city planner :D :p :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:18 AM
You should be a city planner :D :p :D
LMAO!! it would be cheaper then to have to rebuild every year.. :shift:

Roxysnow
08-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Exactly, or if you live in the forest and a forest fire burns you house down. Down come bitchen to me! :crossx:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:41 AM
the ones that get me are the ones that move next to an airport.. then complain about the noise.. and want all the windows changed .. :hammerhea
hello mcfly.. the airport was there first.. what do you think there going to stop flying over head so you can go to bed in peace..

Roxysnow
08-17-2004, 09:43 AM
I wonder how much it is going to cost to rebuild Florida.
I figure it'll cost all of us 1% more per year in taxes! :idea:

Boozer
08-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Exactly, or if you live in the forest and a forest fire burns you house down. Down come bitchen to me! :crossx:
Corona is just as likely to burn as a forest. Last time I passed through Corona (Today) it looks likes there are some pretty dry areas that are the perfect breeding ground for a fire. So if and when a fire burns down your house you are not entitled to any sympathy or support from people because you had a house in area that you, I, and everybody else knew was quite succeptible to a wild fire?
That's a pretty f*cked up point of view.
I wonder how much federal aid is going to be give to Florida to help rebuild? I figure the government should fork over at least a few billion considering rebuilding iraq is costing what? 100 billion or so? A few billion seems like the least the federal government could do for it's own tax paying people.

MsDrmr
08-17-2004, 09:48 AM
It's the same in CA. if you live in a flood zone, you can't get insurance, and thats why they have records in the city hall, so that buyers can make an informed decision about where they choose to purchase a home, they know the risks upfront.

Roxysnow
08-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Corona is just as likely to burn as a forest. Last time I passed through Corona (Today) it looks likes there are some pretty dry areas that are the perfect breeding ground for a fire. So if and when a fire burns down your house you are not entitled to any sympathy or support from people because you had a house in area that you, I, and everybody else knew was quite succeptible to a wild fire?
That's a pretty f*cked up point of view.
I wonder how much federal aid is going to be give to Florida to help rebuild? I figure the government should fork over at least a few billion considering rebuilding iraq is costing what? 100 billion or so? A few billion seems like the least the federal government could do for it's own tax paying people.
Same with Chino! But I understand the risk of owning the home in that area! You own a home in Chino and live next to a farm? Don't bitch to me about the smell...It's not a fk'd up point of view. It's the truth. These people including us realize where we live and the risk involved. I'm not saying they don't deserve sympathy, they act its such a shock that these things can happen!

ROZ
08-17-2004, 10:10 AM
If it's mobile, why not move it out of the area until the life threatening storm passes and then move it back :confused: It's mobile, right? :idea: :D

Screemy1
08-17-2004, 10:13 AM
I live in the high desert... somebody give me something for free.... I have to deal with heat and wind.... oh poor me... poor me.... can I get a donation for a new AC unit.... my electric is through the roof... Why is it so hot here.... I didn't see that in my home buying note?? I knew it was a desert... but geez.... it's HOT :notam: GIVE ME SYMPATHY! :cry:

ROZ
08-17-2004, 10:17 AM
It's the same in CA. if you live in a flood zone, you can't get insurance, and thats why they have records in the city hall, so that buyers can make an informed decision about where they choose to purchase a home, they know the risks upfront.
Even that is iffy... I think there are a lot of peeps who live in the 100 year flood zone and have insurance. Also, I know several people who live in VERY wooded areas who pay out the ass for fire insurance.
I heard that the insurance companies wised up a few years back when we had rate hikes in order to maintain a balance and not have to gouge customers after a huge natural disaster as this. Because of this, most insurance companies, will not increase cost of policy after this rebuild is all said and done.....
Anyone who doesn't have insurance is a fool....

Roxysnow
08-17-2004, 10:20 AM
I live in the high desert... somebody give me something for free.... I have to deal with heat and wind.... oh poor me... poor me.... can I get a donation for a new AC unit.... my electric is through the roof... Why is it so hot here.... I didn't see that in my home buying note?? I knew it was a desert... but geez.... it's HOT :notam: GIVE ME SYMPATHY! :cry:
Hold on! On on the phone with the Govnm't. Your air conditioning is on it way!

Seadog
08-17-2004, 01:03 PM
I would agree about not allowing people to build in flood plains and have the government bail them out. When it happens, I would do a one time buyout to where they can move. As for hurricanes and tornadoes, I have lived in tornado country for all my life and it is the greatest crap shoot of all. I have lived in mobile homes when younger and they are no more unsafe than houses. The problem is that they are crowded in flat, open areas with few trees and usually outside the main community. I have lived through numerous tornadoes and not even lost shingles. The worse damage I had, was not caused by a tornado, but by a micro-burst that flipped a 10x10 metal building and took the roof off a loafing shed. The mobile home, properly tied down and skirted, was not damaged except for the TV antenna. I may not always be so lucky, but the odds are actually pretty good.