PDA

View Full Version : Air Cond. ( i have pics finally)

Bre
08-19-2004, 11:55 AM
OK... had a guy come out Monday... he said that he could not detect a leak... or anything else wrong...we filled the water back up...turned it on the next day and I was freezing at a time in the house :cool:
Next day..it stops pouring out cold air around 3pm.
Today I couldn't take it anymore and went outside to take the cover off and see if the water level was down again.... it was.... way down. So I got a pucket and filled it back up.
I took pics....so if anyone knows how to fix these damn things.... please let me know so I can post/send you the pics. I am willing to do the work on it... I just need to know what the hell is wrong with the damn thing.
With the water filled up it works perfect....... but once the water get's below a cetain point it starts shooting out warm air. I could fill this thing up everyday with water... but it's a pain in the ass.. and the top of it that I have to take off is heavy as hell.
Anyways any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!!!

Tom Brown
08-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Lifting that top off every day will harden your body and make you even hotter to look at. :D
I'll leave you to the chiller experts...

Bre
08-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Lifting that top off every day will harden your body and make you even hotter to look at. :D
I'll leave you to the chiller experts...
:p Thanks Tom :p

lucky
08-19-2004, 12:10 PM
when it becomes freezing :devil:

Keithb87
08-19-2004, 12:12 PM
sounds like the water supply is plugged, or off somewhere... But I'm no expert either... Just happy to sit back and dream of Bre......... :wink:

Bre
08-19-2004, 12:27 PM
when it becomes freezing :devil:
:jawdrop: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bre
08-19-2004, 12:28 PM
sounds like the water supply is plugged, or off somewhere... But I'm no expert either... Just happy to sit back and dream of Bre......... :wink:
Thank you... I am thinking that too :220v: :)

spectratoad
08-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Looks like taking the top off is working great to me. :cool: I would check the supply side though.

Bre
08-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Looks like taking the top off is working great to me. :cool: I would check the supply side though.
Supply side?? Where the pump and everything is? The "expert" air guy already did that :hammerhea :(
It's gettin cold in here finally :) I'm gonna go take a nap :p

spectratoad
08-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Wherever the water come into the tank at or whatever is not staying full.

JetBoatRich
08-19-2004, 03:30 PM
How does the float look :eek: does it move freely up and down :2purples:

Hal
08-19-2004, 04:09 PM
She has a gas chiller not an evap cooler.
BTW Bre is it a Arkla or a DNP unit? Is the big fan inside the unit or is it mounted in the top cover?

rsoscia
08-19-2004, 05:07 PM
call me or pm me the pics maybe i can come over on sat and check it out

Blown 472
08-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Sounds like it has a leak, best get your "pucket" heheheheheheeee :rollside: :rollside:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-19-2004, 05:22 PM
I have a friend that works on ACs let me know when he can take a look at it, I will call him

locogringo
08-19-2004, 07:56 PM
I am an A/C man Bre. I'd be happy to come over there tomorrow and fix the problem...
I'd just be fumbling around though pretending to work and looking out of the corner of my eye the other...if you know what I mean...LOL...
Sounds like Havasu Secret knows what he is talking about. Good luck.

Bre
08-19-2004, 09:38 PM
If anyone wants to come over your more than welcome too... I will help with the work.
It is not I repeat not a swamp cooler. It is a commerial AC unit. I will just post the pics in this thread.... let me download them.

Bre
08-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Name on AC unit:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543acunit_011_123-med.jpg
Unit:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543acunit_010_123-med.jpg
After I take a couple lids off here is what I see...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543acunit_001_123-med.jpg
Once the water drops this low it blows out warm air..if the water is filled above that steel pipe??? it runs cold.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543acunit_002_123-med.jpg
MOre pics to come :(

dgie
08-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Damn thats one ugly looking A/C unit....

Bre
08-19-2004, 09:58 PM
From what I understand this plastic piece sits on top of the thing that holds the water..the pipe in the middle of it sticks though this plastic thing in the middle... the water runs up the pipe...falls through the holes on this plastic thing and falls back down... last summer the holes were clogged a lil bit..but they are now cleanned out....everything is just orange :yuk: I wear gloves when I touch this shit :yuk: :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543acunit_006_123-med.jpg
Here is the lid that covers the plastic thing with holes... so the water doesn't come out the top??
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543acunit_008_123-med.jpg
Once I fill the water up this high... it runs great and the house is freezing cold.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543acunit_012_123-med.jpg
more pics to come

Bre
08-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Damn thats one ugly looking A/C unit....
Your telling me :yuk: :p

Bre
08-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Ok since I am done filling up the water I put the plastic thing with holes back on...making sure the pipe is sticking through that middle hole...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543acunit_025_123-med.jpg
The lid to the plastic thing.... ( then I put the cover back on the AC unit... go inside turn in on..within 20mins I am frezzing inside..... I normally do this around noon while the kids are sleeping.. and by 2/3 pm the next day it is running warm again :220v: )
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543acunit_028_123-med.jpg
Thanks for looking at my broken, ugly AC unit :wink:

Debbolas
08-19-2004, 10:09 PM
You dog is cute!
(he/she stuck her nose in one of your pics!)
LOL :clover: ;)
Hope you get your AC fixed F A S T ;)

Bre
08-19-2004, 10:12 PM
You dog is cute!
(he/she stuck her nose in one of your pics!)
LOL :clover: ;)
Hope you get your AC fixed F A S T ;)
I didn't even notice that :D I was just trying to keep them from licking that orange shit :yuk: They wanted to help it was cute :D
Good thing that unit is by the dog run..it is f-en ugly :D

Thunder Struck
08-19-2004, 10:13 PM
How many times did Bre write "thing" In this thread??

Bre
08-19-2004, 10:13 PM
I hope we get it fixed soon too. I am sick and tired of filling that thing up... it's not like you can just leave the top of it off or anything either to make it easier. :hammerhea Andy's always working...so I have to do it myself :hammerhea

Bre
08-19-2004, 10:14 PM
How many times did Bre write "thing" In this thread??
I don't know what to call shit..sorry :hammerhea :220v:

Bre
thing thing thing thing thing thing thing thing thing thing thing :sleeping:

Scream
Bre that thing looks more like a perkolator for making coffee than an air conditioner. I don't think I've ever seen that technology before. If you ever find out where the leak is, use some JB weld and plug it. That'll get 'her done.

Thunder Struck
08-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Bre wished you lived closer would love to help you out with that "Thing"

revpuffdaddy
08-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Bre, Don't worry about it tonight. Get packed and enjoy Mexico! GOOD NIGHT!

Bre
08-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Bre wished you lived closer would love to help you out with that "Thing"
And a few other things :p like tile and whatever else your good at ;)

Bre
08-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Bre, Don't worry about it tonight. Get packed and enjoy Mexico! GOOD NIGHT!
I'm gonna post some pics on Barneys and hit the sack ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
night guys :)

dgie
08-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Parties over on the Barney site,,,no running, shoving or pushing, single file line please :D

Outnumbered
08-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Here ya go:
Robur Corporation is a world leader in the manufacturing of environmentally sensitive Gas Fired Absorption Cooling Equipment. The SERVEL line of Chillers utilizes clean burning gas (natural or propane) as its primary energy source to produce chilled water for comfort or industrial process cooling applications. Minimal single phase electrical power is only required to operate condenser fan, pumps and controls. These environmentally friendly cooling systems contain no ozone damaging CFC or HCFC refrigerants.
http://www.robur.com/index2.html

locogringo
08-20-2004, 12:31 AM
by the way, I was kidding about being an A/C guy if you didn't gather that.
I wouldn't know one hting about it.
:hammer2: :hammer2: :wink:

v-drive
08-20-2004, 04:14 AM
I think the problem is on the supply side and that the technician is missing something. Now your avatar is a different story. you need to sell that to that beverage company. That's Marketing.... :D :coffeycup v-drive

Bre
08-20-2004, 05:33 AM
by the way, I was kidding about being an A/C guy if you didn't gather that.
I wouldn't know one hting about it.
:hammer2: :hammer2: :wink:
You could have always just act liked you did :idea: ;)

Bre
08-20-2004, 05:33 AM
Here ya go:
Robur Corporation is a world leader in the manufacturing of environmentally sensitive Gas Fired Absorption Cooling Equipment. The SERVEL line of Chillers utilizes clean burning gas (natural or propane) as its primary energy source to produce chilled water for comfort or industrial process cooling applications. Minimal single phase electrical power is only required to operate condenser fan, pumps and controls. These environmentally friendly cooling systems contain no ozone damaging CFC or HCFC refrigerants.
Thank you!! As I don't know crap about our AC :p

Bre
08-20-2004, 05:34 AM
I think the problem is on the supply side and that the technician is missing something. Now your avatar is a different story. you need to sell that to that beverage company. That's Marketing.... :D :coffeycup v-drive
He must have missed something :messedup: good thing I didn't have to pay him huh :p

Hal
08-20-2004, 07:43 AM
There should be a fill hose right down at the corner where the water is piped into the unit. You could use that to add water to the unit.
Of course you must have a leak some where if you need to keep adding water. The only thing about that is it should be obvious if its leaking that much water. If its not leaking outside by the unit and you don't have water comming down thru your ceiling it has to be in the chilled water coil attached to your furnace. There should be a condensate drain line comming out of that coil that goes outdoors and drains on the ground. find where that line is outside and see if it has water comming out of it and if its rusty water. Its normal to have water dripping out of it but if its much more than a drip and its rusty your leak is probably in the chilled water coil. You may be able to repair it but it most likely will need to be replaced if you can find one. It would be worth fixing if you can. I don't think they have made those units since the 60's. Great units when everything is working OK.
The gas company used to have techs trained to work on those units but I don't think they do anymore. As you can see there are not to many techs out there that even know what they are much less how to work on them. I offered some help last week but you did'nt call. Now were swamped again so it may be awhile.

gramps
08-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Bre, when we lived in Upland we had one of those units on our house. If I remember right Mitchells Plumbing in Upland had some service guys that were pretty good repairing those units. If they are still in business you might wnat to try them.

Bre
08-20-2004, 07:52 AM
There should be a fill hose right down at the corner where the water is piped into the unit. You could use that to add water to the unit.
Of course you must have a leak some where if you need to keep adding water. The only thing about that is it should be obvious if its leaking that much water. If its not leaking outside by the unit and you don't have water comming down thru your ceiling it has to be in the chilled water coil attached to your furnace. There should be a condensate drain line comming out of that coil that goes outdoors and drains on the ground. find where that line is outside and see if it has water comming out of it and if its rusty water. Its normal to have water dripping out of it but if its much more than a drip and its rusty your leak is probably in the chilled water coil. You may be able to repair it but it most likely will need to be replaced if you can find one. It would be worth fixing if you can. I don't think they have made those units since the 60's. Great units when everything is working OK.
The gas company used to have techs trained to work on those units but I don't think they do anymore. As you can see there are not to many techs out there that even know what they are much less how to work on them. I offered some help last week but you did'nt call. Now were swamped again so it may be awhile.
I'm sorry.. I have been so busy with everything around here...with the kids..this damn AC... finding jobs..ect..... Thank you for all your info I really apprec. it :shift: :shift: :shift:

Bre
08-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Bre, when we lived in Upland we had one of those units on our house. If I remember right Mitchells Plumbing in Upland had some service guys that were pretty good repairing those units. If they are still in business you might wnat to try them.
Thank you!!!

Seadog
08-20-2004, 10:57 AM
I have not seen units like that, but it sounds like an old lithium bromide absorption type unit. What I think I am see is an heat exhanger that uses water as a cooling mechanism. If I had to make a guess, based on the evidence so far, there should be a water supply to the coil unit and it may be plugged up. Is there a water line to the can and has it been checked out?