PDA

View Full Version : New boat cleaner and spot remover by TOBTEK

hot_diggity_dog
08-19-2004, 12:39 PM
Ok I know everyone was on the Wax Frenzy band Wagon when John AKA Warlock25 & Grusome Twosome brought it to our attention. :D This is a very good product line I have tried on my boat. :D
I have also tried almost all of the others: Reflections, Ducky, Sundance etc.
But I can honestly say when fellow Hot Boat member Tobtek ask me to try his product out, I was saying to myself oh no not another special sauce with vinegar and wax in it. :2purples:
Well I can tell you it is one of the easiest spot removers to use ever. :argue:
Wipe on and wife off, :eek: what impressed me the most was, it gave it that just waxed feeling like the day I picked up my boat from Warlock25 after he detailed it.
I did a test run with a few more HB members and they can tell you what they thought. ;)
Also I know he gave a few peeps some transom cleaner and I heard rave reviews about this stuff as well. :D
He is ready to sell the stuff in unmarked bottles until the labeling is complete.
Water spot remover should retail for $20.00 a 16oz bottle and I'm sure there is a discount for HB members. The gallon size will run $50.00
The transom cleaner and the wax has not been priced yet.
For your information I just met Tobtek and I am not associated with this product at all. I just was really impressed that it worked so well. :D
Anyone else get a chance to try this product?
HDD :D

Havasu_Dreamin
08-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Did not get a chance to try it out yet, but I'll certainly pony up the $20 for the 16 oz bottle to see how it good works. Definitely interested in the transom cleaner, damn 525 is not putting out as much soot as it did but it still gets dirty.
This (http://www.washwax.com/) is what we currently use for the boat. Works really well. Only problem is it is a two-step process.

hot_diggity_dog
08-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Did not get a chance to try it out yet, but I'll certainly pony up the $20 for the 16 oz bottle to see how it good works. Definitely interested in the transom cleaner, damn 525 is not putting out as much soot as it did but it still gets dirty.
This (http://www.washwax.com/) is what we currently use for the boat. Works really well. Only problem is it is a two-step process.
HD send Tobtek a PM and he can dial you in. :D
HDD :cool:

prosthogod
08-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Tell me what is wrong with plain old "cheap" vinager fo rspot remover. It just works great.

THOR
08-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Tell me what is wrong with plain old "cheap" vinager fo rspot remover. It just works great.
It takes the wax off.

Mrs Luvnlife
08-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Haven't had a chance to try it....Toby must be keeping it under cover :D :rollside:. But it must be good stuff, I thought I read something about it before....I'd give it a whirl. :shift:

hot_diggity_dog
08-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Nothing wrong for removing spots but it strips the wax and doesn't apply wax either. :rollside:
Stick to the Vinegar if that's your choice. :D That was my choice for the lat 10 years or so. But now I have been using these different products and think this one is the winner. :smile:
Just my .02 after testing it two weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Lightning
08-19-2004, 01:06 PM
I have used his samples on my boat that last time out. I posted a topic on it a few weeks back. Anyhow, my thoughts are the same as HDD - this stuff is the shit.

hot_diggity_dog
08-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Haven't had a chance to try it....Toby must be keeping it under cover :D :rollside:. But it must be good stuff, I thought I read something about it before....I'd give it a whirl. :shift:
Mrs LL nice to meet and talk to you at the CBBB on Saturday. :D

Mrs Luvnlife
08-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Mrs LL nice to meet and talk to you at the CBBB on Saturday. :D
It was very nice to meet you too....I was drinking the beers like water, hopefully I didn't make too much of an a$$ outta myself....good fun though!! :D :D I know you guys were havin fun!! :)

Budget Baller
08-19-2004, 01:15 PM
I agree 100% with HDD's assesment of the products that Toby has. Toby brought some over to the house and proceeded to wipe the boat down. I was very pleased at how well it works. My transom gets black soot as well, and the cleaner not only worked, but it also appears to put a coating on so that the next time out of the water, it had much less soot. The billet swim steps that get water spotted were amazing to see when Toby finished. I will definetly buy his products........once my sample supply runs out :rollside:

OutCole'd
08-19-2004, 01:18 PM
I need to try it also. I have tried just about everything and nothing seems to get all the water spots off my boat very well.

hot_diggity_dog
08-19-2004, 01:22 PM
It was very nice to meet you too....I was drinking the beers like water, hopefully I didn't make too much of an a$$ outta myself....good fun though!! :D :D I know you guys were havin fun!! :)
You didn't make an Ass out of yourself but you did grab my ASS, just to confirm that your beers where working properly. LOL
You were handing them out pretty fast to me too! :D
Oh it was nice to meet Mr. LL too! :p

TOBTEK
08-19-2004, 01:46 PM
I agree 100% with HDD's assesment of the products that Toby has. Toby brought some over to the house and proceeded to wipe the boat down. I was very pleased at how well it works. My transom gets black soot as well, and the cleaner not only worked, but it also appears to put a coating on so that the next time out of the water, it had much less soot. The billet swim steps that get water spotted were amazing to see when Toby finished. I will definetly buy his products........once my sample supply runs out :rollside:
"once my sample supply runs out"....so im assuming you didnt give out the other bottles for everyone else.....sample mooch! :p
thank you for the nice words.....Has anyone tried the interior cleaner? I've been amazed with it as well! Cant wait to get out to the river tonight and clean mine. Havent seen our boat since we recieved the samples from the lab. cant wait to get the Haz-mat labbeling registration done so we can design the bottles and website. Can you believe we STILL havent come up with a really catchy name for the different products yet.....Im thinking a contest is in order of some sort. If anyone does want to try some im doing the 20oz spray bottles for 16.00 and 35.00 a gallon of the spot remover/polish, the same pricing on the interior cleaner. THE transom cleaner should come in at the same pricing as the others, but will not know for sure untill next week. The finishing wax is 16.00 for the 20oz spray bottle, the cool part about the wax is that it will not cake up when removing it from the surface. IF anyone would like to try these product at the future dealer cost please shoot me a pm or email at Tobtek@aol.com thank you once again for the nice words of support.....Toby

TOBTEK
08-19-2004, 01:48 PM
I need to try it also. I have tried just about everything and nothing seems to get all the water spots off my boat very well.
I'll stick a few bottles in the glove box of your new cart! :D

OutCole'd
08-19-2004, 01:54 PM
I'll stick a few bottles in the glove box of your new cart! :D
Did you ever hear from the shipper??

Budget Baller
08-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Toby-
I will be pimping your stuff for you at the DCB Regatta. I still have two bottles. I was giving one to the Sandbar Junkies and the other to Deano (Unleashed).
Not sure where my loyalty will lie once my samples run out though..... :)
Are you going to be at the regatta?

MagicMtnDan
08-19-2004, 02:15 PM
"once my sample supply runs out"....so im assuming you didnt give out the other bottles for everyone else.....sample mooch! :p
thank you for the nice words.....Has anyone tried the interior cleaner? I've been amazed with it as well! Cant wait to get out to the river tonight and clean mine. Havent seen our boat since we recieved the samples from the lab. cant wait to get the Haz-mat labbeling registration done so we can design the bottles and website. Can you believe we STILL havent come up with a really catchy name for the different products yet.....Im thinking a contest is in order of some sort. If anyone does want to try some im doing the 20oz spray bottles for 16.00 and 35.00 a gallon of the spot remover/polish, the same pricing on the interior cleaner. THE transom cleaner should come in at the same pricing as the others, but will not know for sure untill next week. The finishing wax is 16.00 for the 20oz spray bottle, the cool part about the wax is that it will not cake up when removing it from the surface. IF anyone would like to try these product at the future dealer cost please shoot me a pm or email at Tobtek@aol.com thank you once again for the nice words of support.....Toby
How about one of these for product name:
* Shiznit
* Duhschit
* Dashiznit
* Tobyspray
* Cleaner Shiznit
* Shiznit Spray
:D

TOBTEK
08-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Did you ever hear from the shipper??
YES, BUT HE IS TRYING TO STRIGHTEN OUT A SLIGHT 951.00 ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGE OVER THE 800.00 THEY ALREADY CHARGED FOR THE LAST THREE CARTS.......WOW!

OutCole'd
08-19-2004, 02:22 PM
How about "Toby's Spunk"??

OutCole'd
08-19-2004, 02:23 PM
YES, BUT HE IS TRYING TO STRIGHTEN OUT A SLIGHT 951.00 ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGE OVER THE 800.00 THEY ALREADY CHARGED FOR THE LAST THREE CARTS.......WOW!
Very slight error, let me know when it gets straightened out.

TOBTEK
08-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Toby-
I will be pimping your stuff for you at the DCB Regatta. I still have two bottles. I was giving one to the Sandbar Junkies and the other to Deano (Unleashed).
SOUNDS LIKE EXTORTION TO ME! :p :cool: How about free stuff for your new spare room in the garage and boat usage :idea:

TOBTEK
08-19-2004, 02:26 PM
How about "Toby's Spunk"??
good.....but not good with the family crowd. we want to appeal to a wide range of clients. Not just the FREAKS on here :supp: :D

TOBTEK
08-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Very slight error, let me know when it gets straightened out.
WILL DO! I think I need an excuse to make a vegas trip. You wanta pick it up at sayyyyyyyy, " oly gardens" :cool:

OutCole'd
08-19-2004, 02:31 PM
WILL DO! I think I need an excuse to make a vegas trip. You wanta pick it up at sayyyyyyyy, " oly gardens" :cool:
Well, Duh.... of course.

TOBTEK
08-19-2004, 02:33 PM
YOU GUYS AND GIRLS HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND IM OFF TO THE RIVER.......WOW, HAVENT SAID THAT IN A LONG TIME :p

ROZ
08-19-2004, 02:56 PM
Spotek :)

Lightning
08-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Spotek :)
I like that one.. he can have the whole product line
Spotek
Waxtek
etc...

Mrs Luvnlife
08-19-2004, 03:17 PM
You didn't make an Ass out of yourself but you did grab my ASS, just to confirm that your beers where working properly. LOL
You were handing them out pretty fast to me too! :D
Oh it was nice to meet Mr. LL too! :p
Ahhh good....glad to hear the beers were doing what they're supposed to do...I always like to hear the feedback!!! :p :D
If I was a little more on the ball, I woulda been servin ya drinks....watch out for next time!! :) :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
08-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Ahhh good....glad to hear the beers were doing what they're supposed to do...I always like to hear the feedback!!! :p :D
If I was a little more on the ball, I woulda been servin ya drinks....watch out for next time!! :) :D :D
Sweet :p :smile:
Oh by the way I'm a Loser :devil: Charger Fan

Mrs Luvnlife
08-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Sweet :p :smile:
Oh by the way I'm a Loser :devil: Charger Fan
No worries.....look at me...Raider fan :rolleyes:....can't imagine we'll be ANY good this year!! :cry: :D. We'll have to get together for one of the Raiders/Chargers games :jawdrop: :boxingguy :D.

dmontzsta
08-19-2004, 05:00 PM
No worries.....look at me...Raider fan :rolleyes:....can't imagine we'll be ANY good this year!! :cry: :D. We'll have to get together for one of the Raiders/Chargers games :jawdrop: :boxingguy :D.
Raiders will take it all this year! :D

Mrs Luvnlife
08-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Raiders will take it all this year! :D
I'll print this one out for later referencing!!!! :D :D

dmontzsta
08-19-2004, 05:03 PM
I'll print this one out for later referencing!!!! :D :D
Do it, atleast I am not drunking laying down bets and shit! haha that could result in some loss if you printed that out.

Mrs Luvnlife
08-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Do it, atleast I am not drunking laying down bets and shit! haha that could result in some loss if you printed that out.
Yea...there's alot of changes for this season, I'd have a hard time putting money down right now....but thanks for reminding me, I gotta do the football pool!!! :hammerhea :D :D

beyondhelpin
08-20-2004, 12:02 AM
How about TEK Clean or TOB Shine. :D

hot_diggity_dog
08-21-2004, 08:02 AM
Toby-
Hey Rich forget Unleashed he won't be on the water until Labor day!!! :crossx: :crossx: I need to get my hands on the transom cleaner. :cry:
HDD :p

Kwicherbichen
08-23-2004, 05:06 AM
I used the spot remover/cleaner this last weekend and that stuff kicks ass. I also used the interior cleaner which works equally well.
Thanks Toby....it took that stuff off my seat in a New York second.

Huckleberry
08-23-2004, 05:44 AM
Sounds like this is good stuff, but $20 for a 16-ounce bottle!!! :confused: Seems pretty stiff to me.

TOBTEK
08-23-2004, 07:20 AM
Sounds like this is good stuff, but $20 for a 16-ounce bottle!!! :confused: Seems pretty stiff to me.
19.99 is the going rate in stores for the OTHER well know product that doesnt work as well for thier 16oz bottle , ours at this point is 20oz. The MUCH better deal is by the gallon for 30.00 you can get about four for the price of two! And once you try it, its WORTH IT! Im the products number one fan! Now that the word is getting out, some people came by my place this weekend at the river and were trying it out on my old beater boat, EVERYONE was blown away with how well it works.

Doug H.
08-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Tobtek just sent me samples of both (int. & spot remover) they both were very easy to work with, i also like John's (warlock25) wax frenzy too.
You won't go wrong with either products.

jackpunx
08-23-2004, 02:00 PM
But I can honestly say when fellow Hot Boat member Tobtek ask me to try his product out, I was saying to myself oh no not another special sauce with vinegar and wax in it.
Sometimes that stuff works pretty well :jawdrop:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-23-2004, 02:02 PM
But I can honestly say when fellow Hot Boat member Tobtek ask me to try his product out, I was saying to myself oh no not another special sauce with vinegar and wax in it.
Sometimes that stuff works pretty well :jawdrop:
it works great.. :D

Three Days Only
08-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Okay, this weekend Bling and I headed to Havasu to pick up our boats prior to the Dam Run II. Tobtek must have given him some of the products. He had the interior cleaner, and was going off inside his boat. It almost sounded sexual, he was screaming ooh yeah this is good, ooh man this works, ooh hell yeah I want more of this. Im guessing that by the sounds of things Bling liked the cleaner alot.
Jeff

MarkyMark
09-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Tobtek I pimped your stuff out to the Beachcomber Boys this weekend and we loved it. The spot remover works great with no streaks. I love the wax feel it leaves. The interior cleaner worked excellent. I gave the guys your email address, because they all tried to buy my gallon off me. Thanks again, Mark... :mix: