PDA

View Full Version : Dog story

dgie
08-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Damn this is sad; I went on a drive to Lake Ray Hubbard about an hour from here earlier today. I was coming back and going over this long bridge over the lake. There was a dog walking down the center shoulder of the bridge. I seen it and immediately called 911 and told them about it. Evidently the 911 operator already knew about it and already dispatched someone. I made a U turn and came back again. Yep the dog was still there. I pulled up in front of him and stopped. I opened my door, cars whizzing by on the bridge. The dog stopped when he seen me and started going the other way. The cop showed up further behind me and we boxed him in. The dog turned around and started back towards me I opened my door hoping he would come up and jump in my car. He instead made a break for it across the 3 busy lanes of traffic on the bridge. Damn that was sad seeing him lying in the lane bleeding from the nose and yelping. The cop said "Damn I knew he would do that" The dog was hit pretty badly, somehow he managed to get back up. I tried to coax him to me. He started to come to me slowly and limped away down the inside shoulder. The cop said I have to follow him he got back in his car and followed him on the shoulder. I do not know if I screwed up by boxing him in like that. Even though I did not think he would make a break for it into traffic. I am not sure If I should try to contact the Police Department to see if they got him I may end up adopting a dog that I do not need right now. I guess moral of the story is watch your dogs. I am sure you don't ever want to see what I seen todayÂ…..Damn sad day.

IN2-IN2MX
08-20-2004, 06:19 PM
:( :cry:
That is terrible!!!
You did a good thing by pulling over and trying to help. Good for you. You couldn't have known the dog would do that.

Mrs. Psycho Squid
08-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Ohh... I hate these stories. :frown: You were only trying to help. You had no way of knowing. At least you tried rather than everyone else that just drove by.
A couple years ago we had a dog that dug out of the backyard. He got up on the road and got hit. He managed to get back up and came back to the house. It was a little old couple that hit him. They came and knocked on the door. When I got to my dog he was trying to get back into the yard. He was hurt bad. He didn't last but a few minutes. I felt bad for the people that hit him, I felt bad for the dog. It was just a horrible and helpless feeling.
My dog's name was Bear. :cry:

IN2-IN2MX
08-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Sorry about Bear. :(

dgie
08-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Update to this is that I called around to the different police departments see what happened to him. One of the officers was at one of the stations was on the scene evidently he followed the dog for a little ways but the dog got away. That dog is hurt out there...not cool. I am hoping that he went home where ever that is....Some days I wish I just stayed in bed...