PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Boat Crash On The ST.Lawrence River..

DansBlown73Nordic
08-21-2004, 05:42 AM
I heard through the grape vine that a 45 50 ft poker run boat last weekend was running wide open and it blew over backwards or flipped forwards. What ever happened both guys were killed. I guess the boat ran three blown 540s. It was like a 130 m.p.h.

haulina29
08-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Interesting I think I read on OSO that the boat that flipped was not actually on the run and it was a 20 somthing foot HTM cat one rescued and one missing and the poker run boats were the first on the scene check their arcives for the story ? . :idea:

MagicMtnDan
08-21-2004, 10:36 AM
I heard that a cat flipped over a scratching post while being chased by a dog. Neither was hurt :2purples:
Sorry, couldn't resist (not meaning to make light of what probably was a tragedy).

paradigm shift
08-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Way to many accidents this year. This is the one you probably heard about. Everyone PLEASE be careful out there or they will limit - regulate powoer boating to death as we know it today. Probably not an IF as much as a WHEN. :frown:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85210

DansBlown73Nordic
08-21-2004, 06:17 PM
His name was john gosson from camillus. Very popular local drag racer here for over 20years. Did alot with nitrious when it first came out. Go to www.newstennow.com and you will get some what of a story. It was a 26ft american offshore(brand new) and he was probably messin around without lifejackets. He was that way. He was running about 60mph and tried to jump a 4ft roller from a larger boat. Well he was airborn and didnt make it past the next swell. the transom touched it and sent the noze in splitting it open enough to sink it. He was probably slammed against the wheel and dash and knocked cold..then drowned as they found him in the boat in about 120ft of water the next day after extensive searching. His girlfriend was rescued before the boat went down totally but there wasnt enough time to rescue john. Girlfriend is in hospital as they needed to remove her spleen and word has it she might have some back problems. As for john..the services were yesterday and a parade is supposed to be at the NYS fair on saturday for his benefit.
maybe you can do a search also at the poststandard(syr newspaper).

DansBlown73Nordic
08-21-2004, 06:22 PM
August 15, 2004 "Nitrous" John Gosson of Camillus died August 15, 2004, in a boating accident at Alexandria Bay, Jefferson County. Mr. Gosson was nationally recognized as an innovator in the drag racing industry for his contributions on both a sportsman and professional level. He participated in regional horse jumping competition from age 15, and was ranked third best throughout New York State in 1970. In the early 1970's, Mr. Gosson became involved in car racing, and continued to be active through his entire career. Holding the record
Holding the record from 1989-1990 for the world's fastest gas powered dragster at 6.90 at 201.79 mph, Mr. Gosson then took top prize at Parts Pro North American Nationals Modified in 1999. He competed internationally in the IHRA Top Dragster Class and NHRA Quick 8 Series. He also consulted with Team Mopar, operated by Nickens Brothers Racing of Houston TX in the NHRA Pro Stock Class. He was predeceased by his father John and sister Christine.