PDA

View Full Version : Gas In MY Eyes.....

DansBlown73Nordic
08-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Im out in the yard yesturday trying to get my lawn tractor started. I take off the air cleaner. I see the carb has a small puddle of gas laying in the bottom. So I start to turn the tractor over as im looking down in the carb. From about 2 1/2 feet away. All the sudden the motor coughs and shoots out a stream of GAS that sprays in both my eyes.... :yuk: Now im standing in the yard with two eyes full of Gas and I can't see a thing.... :cry:
So I find the garden hose and rinse out my eyes....... :idea: After about 10 minutes I could finally see again...... :rollside:

MudPumper
08-23-2004, 01:19 PM
That will learn ya.

Ziggy
08-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Hate it when dem darn tractors do dat.....
Been there, done that with carbs..gross taste too.

HM
08-23-2004, 01:33 PM
I had a gas pump hose in Brawly split and hose me down. Got it in my eyes, in my mouth, in my nose, in my ears and completely soaked my clothes. I thought I was gonna do a Richard Prior impersonation!!
To top it off, none of the water hoses worked at Gas Station so my buddy took the cooler and dumped it on me. Nothing better than getting washed down with ice water after being soaked with gas. :jawdrop: Ice water barely dented the gas. Went down the street to the FireStation where I got hosed down and treated. The firemen went back to the gas station, and everyone had left and it was locked up. Next trip we came out, it was shut down. Anyone remember the old 76 gas station in Brawly?

HCS
08-23-2004, 01:42 PM
I was siphoning gas one time and swallowed a mouth full of gas. I mean a bunch! :eek:
I was burping up gasoline for a week. Everything tast like gas. Even when I
would drink beer.
BURRPPPPP. :hammerhea
I'll never do that again.

Keithb87
08-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Been there, Done that...... HATED IT :2purples: :frown: :eat: :2purples: :eek:

Sleek-Jet
08-23-2004, 02:06 PM
I took a little gasoline shower this summer while working on my Blazer. Soaked my shirt, and completely washed down my head with gas. That shit burns, and the garden hose had been sitting in the sun all morning, that didn't feel very good either.
So there I was, stripping down as fast as I could, while spraying myself down with steam cleaning temperature water, all in the front yard. The neighbors talked about it for weeks... I smelled like gas for about 10 days... and I got this nice red rash all over my torso that took about a month to go away. I hate gasoline.

Infomaniac
08-23-2004, 02:18 PM
I have sprayed carb cleaner directly in the eyes more than once.
Not that I learn slow but sometimes it takes a trip through a passage and out at the eye balls.
Nothing compares to Skydrol

Dr. Eagle
08-23-2004, 02:19 PM
From about 2 1/2 feet away. All the sudden the motor coughs and shoots out a stream of GAS that sprays in both my eyes.... :yuk: Now im standing in the yard with two eyes full of Gas and I can't see a thing.... :cry:
Aren't you glad you'd extinguished that fattie before this happened...
We'd be asking what was that fire in your eye! :2purples:

Sleek-Jet
08-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Nothing compares to Skydrol
Agreed. :2purples: :2purples:

spectratoad
08-23-2004, 02:21 PM
I had a gas pump hose in Brawly split and hose me down. Got it in my eyes, in my mouth, in my nose, in my ears and completely soaked my clothes. I thought I was gonna do a Richard Prior impersonation!!
To top it off, none of the water hoses worked at Gas Station so my buddy took the cooler and dumped it on me. Nothing better than getting washed down with ice water after being soaked with gas. :jawdrop: Ice water barely dented the gas. Went down the street to the FireStation where I got hosed down and treated. The firemen went back to the gas station, and everyone had left and it was locked up. Next trip we came out, it was shut down. Anyone remember the old 76 gas station in Brawly?
Not to mention that the beer started to get warm. Did the firemen treat that by giving you some more ice? :cry:
I have had a few rounds of gas. Hate it. Stings, tastes bad and has an aftertaste. No wonder they don't bottle it.

lewiville
08-23-2004, 02:24 PM
I was siphoning gas one time and swallowed a mouth full of gas. I mean a bunch! :eek:
I was burping up gasoline for a week. Everything tast like gas. Even when I
would drink beer.
BURRPPPPP. :hammerhea
I'll never do that again.
Hey,
HCS what ever you do dont do like in boy scout camp and light your farts on fire BOOM :supp:

DansBlown73Nordic
08-23-2004, 02:26 PM
I did happen to think today :idea: That if the prick had BackFired...... :mad: My eyes would have looked like BLOW TORCHES!!!!!! http://www.***boat.com/forums/images/smilies/00000039.gif

sigepmock
08-23-2004, 02:32 PM
You're all pretty lucky, I had a buddy go to fill his car up at the gas station. Opened the gas cap, lifted the nozzle off the pump and flipped level that starts the pump....well the little locking lever on the pump handle was broken and was still engaged so as soon as he flipped up the level, gas shot out of the nozzle straight up in the air and it came down all over him. He got so much gas on him that he was breathing it in and passed out. Someone called 911 and he woke up in the Hospital, stayed a few days and still has problems with his eyesight from the chemical burns. He got a nice little settlement from the gas station but needless to say whenever I get gas I keep that damn knozzle pointed away from me and never turn the pump on until the knozzle is in the truck.

Mandelon
08-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Glad you are alright Dan.....
I got paint thinner on my brown eye (anus) once. That shit really stung. :cry:
My brother in law and I were staining the trim on his house and he splattered some stain on me, so I splattered him back...and then took off running, he was pretty quck and got me good in the middle of my back.....uh....bad idea. Oil based stain, takes paint thinner to get off.....since I had it on my back he goes to put some thinner on there to help clean it off, and you know if a little is good, a lot must be better, so he applies it liberally. It runs down my crack.....Oooowwwwww!!!!!
It hurt so bad, I just about stuffed some ice cubes up my ass to cool it down....
:notam: :notam:
About a half hour of cold water rinsing took care of it, but I am a lot more careful now!!!. :rolleyes:

HCS
08-23-2004, 03:39 PM
:smile: I did happen to think today :idea: That if the prick had BackFired...... :mad: My eyes would have looked like BLOW TORCHES!!!!!! http://www.***boat.com/forums/images/smilies/00000039.gif
Off topic.
I have a 1959 18" Trogan runabout I need to sell. Motor is out of boat.
The deck is shot. The motor was running when it was removed a few years
back. It's a 312 Ford thunderbird motor turned marine by Trogan.
I know your along ways away but if you know anyone interested let me know.
I don't know if you know anyone out this way that's into the old boat resto stuff. :)

Brady Bunch
08-23-2004, 03:41 PM
It hurt so bad, I just about stuffed some ice cubes up my ass to cool it down....
Mandelon, now that is some funny schit.... sorry..... :jawdrop:

DansBlown73Nordic
08-23-2004, 03:46 PM
I thought TROJANS made RUBBERS!!!!! :hammer2:

Mandelon
08-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Mandelon, now that is some funny schit.... sorry..... :jawdrop:
I can laugh now, but damnit that shit hurt......like rubbing alcohol on an open cut...... :2purples:

Some Kind Of Monster
08-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Good thing you weren't smoking :)

HCS
08-23-2004, 03:55 PM
I thought TROJANS made RUBBERS!!!!! :hammer2:
They are. This ones mahogony. ;)
It's a real woody.

HCS
08-23-2004, 09:17 PM
So I ended this thread with a woody? :2purples:

Mandelon
08-23-2004, 09:24 PM
So I ended this thread with a woody? :2purples:
Yup and just a few posts after a reference to my sphincter........sounds kinda gay...... :jawdrop: