PDA

View Full Version : What's up in San Fran?

KingCole
08-24-2004, 08:31 AM
I'm taking the Queen there for her b-day and was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on where to eat, drink, party....

lucky
08-24-2004, 08:53 AM
make reservations and pack some $$$$$$$ over looking the ocean and she will love you for ever

NorCalCat
08-24-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm taking the Queen there for her b-day and was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on where to eat, drink, party....
What do you like to do? What do you like to eat?

HCS
08-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Go to pier 39 and ride the ferry over to Sasilito. It's a pretty cool ride and you
can eat and drink when you get there. They also serve drinks on the boat.
That's just one of many things to do. There's plenty of eats everywhere.
You won't have to worry about that. :cool:

KingCole
08-24-2004, 09:29 AM
What do you like to do? What do you like to eat?
I like to go to the river and I eat steak, but this trip is all about her so.... She likes '80's rock, sight seeing, Capt. & Coke, and eating calamari. Can you do anything with that?

summerlove
08-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Be sure to stop by the BV - "Buena Vista" for irish coffees - it is one of hte best places on earth! Love that place....just don't ask for a decalf!

carbonmarine
08-24-2004, 09:41 AM
www.yanksing.com
BEST DIM SUM ... Yummy ! look at those pictures....
*** Great for breakfast on Sat or Sunday ! get there early !
Rick32

OGShocker
08-24-2004, 09:50 AM
The best place I have been to in SF is in the WORST neighborhood. Little Mexican place called the Roosevelt. Right in the Mission District. Not very romantic but good food!
You cannot lose by going to the Pier. Good food a fun to walk around at night. BE AWARE! SF is not the nice safe city they show in the travel brochures but, with a little common sense you will have a GREAT time!!! :)

likeFATHERlikeSON3
08-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Roy's Restuarant :cool:

NorCalCat
08-26-2004, 02:40 PM
I like to go to the river and I eat steak, but this trip is all about her so.... She likes '80's rock, sight seeing, Capt. & Coke, and eating calamari. Can you do anything with that?
Hell ya. Take the ferry to Tiburon, go to Sam's Anchor Cafe. It is right there. Great people watching...Great oysters, calamari, crab melt...
Only if it is a nice day, otherwise it will be dead. Also, you can go to Bimbo's 365 Club in North Beach, great venue. http://www.bimbos365club.com/
for 70-80 music.
There is so much to do and see!

Ms. AquaBoogie1
08-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Another GREAT restaurant is CHA CHA CHA........best Cuban/Caribbean(sp) food. The calamari is off the hook!! They are also very well known for their Sangria's. The restaurant was actually featured in Fast and the Furious, down in So Cal. Anyways, I got my other half hooked on this restaurant. Enjoy.....here is the link. http://chachacha.citysearch.com/

Dave C
08-26-2004, 03:11 PM
there is great food all around.
want good italian food?.... in north beach. fior di italia or north beach restaurant.
Yes, take a ferry (boat) ride on the bay.
huh huh... I said ferry .... in Frisco..... huh huh:2purples:

Mrs. Restless22
08-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Another GREAT restaurant is CHA CHA CHA........best Cuban/Caribbean(sp) food. The calamari is off the hook!! They are also very well known for their Sangria's. The restaurant was actually featured in Fast and the Furious, down in So Cal. Anyways, I got my other half hooked on this restaurant. Enjoy.....here is the link. http://chachacha.citysearch.com/
Hey girlie! What are you guys doing next weekend for Labor Day? Any thoughts of hitting Berryessa??? :cool: :D
Sorry for the hijack :hammerhea :wink:

dmontzsta
08-26-2004, 04:24 PM
I am sure there are alot of things "up" in San Fran, but I dont care to know about it. :jawdrop:

rodnjen
08-26-2004, 04:27 PM
If your in the Fiancial District the Tadich Grill is great food. I like to sit at the bar and order a big piece of fish and a Guinness. I alwasy eat there if I'm in town on business, last time I took my wife and she loved it. No view, but give you a feeling of old San Francisco.

HCS
08-26-2004, 04:28 PM
why waste your time in crowded san fran, really do it rite and stay in Monterey, better places to see and eat......
I second that. I went there last summer and stayed at Merriot in DT Monterey.
It was kick ass! Club Aqua is with in walking distance and that place parties down.
The food is the best anywhere you go. I haven't had that much fun in years.
I drop about $2500.00 for the weekend though.
There's not as many ferries either. :2purples: :D

MOBrien
08-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Mitchell Brothers!!
:eek: heheheheheeeee :2purples:
....but I've never been there. :redface: