PDA

View Full Version : A little help???

MOBrien
08-24-2004, 05:45 PM
2000 Cheetah Stiletto w/ 7.4 & Bravo1.......
Where the hell is the speedo pickup on this thing? We were runnin at about 50mph and all the sudden....speedo got slower.......and slower......and slower.....and then registered 0. :confused: Any ideas folks? :confused:
-----Nope, not leaving myself open to that one.....yes, we were still goin 50. :D
Thanks.
-MOB

PHOTOGLOU
08-24-2004, 06:08 PM
2000 Cheetah Stiletto w/ 7.4 & Bravo1.......
Where the hell is the speedo pickup on this thing? We were runnin at about 50mph and all the sudden....speedo got slower.......and slower......and slower.....and then registered 0. :confused: Any ideas folks? :confused:
-----Nope, not leaving myself open to that one.....yes, we were still goin 50. :D
Thanks.
-MOB
mercury drives (bravo) are in the drive sometimes sand or debris gets in the way

franky
08-24-2004, 06:21 PM
On the leading edge of the drive, right above the lower init (prop shaft) bulge, will be a small hole, maybe 0.10 inches. Like the previous post said, you might have a piece of wood or other debris stuck in it.

PHOTOGLOU
08-24-2004, 06:47 PM
it prob got disconnected between the lower and upper unit raise your drive all the way and see if there is a rubber connector comming from the upper that plugs into the upper half of the lower unit The speedo water pickup hole is about 3 inches above the reg water pickup on a lower unit with low water pickups

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-24-2004, 07:35 PM
I thought Cheeta Bob charged extra for a speedo........
Maybe it's got a pitot tube on one of the sponsons.....
CJG

dicudmore
08-25-2004, 09:05 AM
I thought Cheeta Bob charged extra for a speedo........
CJG
HA HA HA :D
hey wait a minute, I've got a Cheetah :cool:

welk2party
08-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Mine got disconnected too. Just reach in and plug her back together.