PDA

View Full Version : Nextel

BIGTYME
08-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Anybody got the hook up on nextel phones?
Thanks

Jordy
08-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Nextel. The way business is undone. Alltel has a direct connect option. I'd look there first. I hate my nextel.

BADBLOWN572
08-25-2004, 05:30 PM
I agree. Nextel sucks. Never use Nextell again.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-25-2004, 05:41 PM
I LOVE Nextel......
I LOVE Nextel......
I LOVE Nextel......
Nextel you are WONDERFUL........
Nextel......If you happen to read this.........
Please sign, date & return the BIG contract we're working on........
Did I say I LOVE Nextel.......
Your BIGGEST FAN and Humble communications contractor......
CJG
:)

Jordy
08-25-2004, 05:49 PM
I can be in the middle of Phoenix and drop calls due to no signal on Nextel. They suck ass.
Oh, and at the river, forget about it. I think mine works a couple places in Havasu. My Alltel works in the Keys in Parker, in the town of Parker, on the water in Havasu.
Nextel sucks.
Also, you better hope your phone never breaks. They don't do trade in's, loaners or anything like that. You have to buy a new phone and sign an exteded contract to get another one. Happened to me when the screen quit working, not even my fault. "Oh, well have your phone for you in a couple days."
Nextel sucks.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Don't listen to them Nextel.......
Sign my contract........
Don't listen to the BIG MEAN MEN !!!!!!
I still love you.......
CJG

stoker
08-25-2004, 06:12 PM
I call it "Nextime"

Excessive Force
08-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Nextel blows, getting verizon today!

Keithb87
08-25-2004, 06:48 PM
I have Nextel for work... and Alltel for personal.
I frequently travel to Albq. NM and drive back. My Alltel has service most of the way except in the extreme mountinous areas. but Nextel only works in the bigger rural areas and major cities.
I would look elsewhere until Nextel updates their coverage area. :squiggle:

Boozer
08-25-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm not a fan of Nextel.
I recently switched to sprint due to having to be without a cell phone for 2 weeks if I wanted to keep T-Mobile. Sprint REALLY REALLY sucks. I am about ready to throw the Sprint phone through the window of the sprint store I bought it from and go get a T-Mobile phone. The Sprint service is horrible and the phone is a piece of junk. So whatever you do do NOT get Sprint. Alltell Also is a POS in my opinion.
If for some reason you MUST remain or become a Nextel customer getting the "hook up" on a Nextel phone is going to be tough.
If you are an existing Nextel customer then the best hook up deal you are going to get is directly through Nextel. The only way you will get a good deal is if your contract is up and you threaten to go to a competitor when you do this they will give away the farm to save you. If you're still in contract they wont give you sh*t.
If you are looking to become a new Newxtel subscriber you need to find a Nextel business sales rep that business sales rep will give away the farm to get you to sign up. Nextel retail stores can not discount equipment even for large deals where as the business sales reps have a lot more room to work with.
As much as I am for promoting locally owned and small business I do not recommend getting your Nextel service through an indirect dealer. You will NOT get as good a deal with an indirect dealer as you will with Nextel directly.
Oh yeah, in the world of cell phones friends or friends of friends can not get you the hook up if they are indirect either. Indirect dealers have to buy the cell phones. Even the advertised free phones cost indirect dealers money and they sale the equipment at a loss knowing that they will make up the money in the fee they get paid for the activation. So a friend of a friend homey hook up would have to be a friend who likes you so much he's willing to loose 100+ dollars.

cdog
08-25-2004, 07:30 PM
I went from sprint to nextel because of the wakie talkie feature and let me tell you what a big mistake. Nextell does'nt work worth a shit. Now I have verison and still wish I would have stayed with sprint. But if you like to lug around a piece of, shit brick of a cell phone that works as well as a broken dick buy a nextell. I lost out on a 45k dollar buisness deal because of those
F u c k e r s.

Boozer
08-25-2004, 07:49 PM
cellular 1,service every where :D
Not completely true. Cellular 1 is a subsidiary of Western Wireless. They work on a CDMA network that is less then par. Unless they have recently negotiated roaming agreements their service is not very good. I'm not sure but I believe they resale minutes on Sprints network. Sprint is not a company I would recommend to my worst enemy.
Why Cellular 1 uses CDMA I still do not understand because western wireless owns a LOT of GSM towers.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-25-2004, 07:52 PM
I don't know much about Nextel, but I can vouch for AT&T. My phone died a couple months back and they sent me a new one right away. Of course when you call you wait on hold and talk to a Korean being contracted out for $2 an hour, but they all do that. I get coverage often when my friends don't have it.

bigq
08-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Echo Nextel blows :yuk: :yuk: For all reasons above.

77charger
08-25-2004, 08:11 PM
I have nextel free from work i am happy with it seems to get better.Most time it doesnt work on vacations due to where i go but i am ON VACATION NO NEED TO BE TEENAGE DRAMA QUEEN SO WHO CARES IF IT WORKS.It does have some dead spots in so cal but they are consistent areas i know where it wont work.As for other services esp my wifes at&t it just drops out of the blue seems when it was my phone it worked better service has gotten worse IMO.

MsDrmr
08-25-2004, 08:26 PM
you may want to do some research on them. Nextel is under a lawsuite right now for overcharging their customers, Just do some research and don't get wrapped up in the promised and deals they might make for you.

Jordy
08-25-2004, 08:30 PM
it seems to get better.
That's a good thing as they had nowhere to go but up. :D :D :D

BIGTYME
08-25-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm kind of getting screwed by them ( long story ). I am also considering new companies, Who do you guys recommend for San Diego Area that doesn't sell flamer looking phones.

Boozer
08-25-2004, 08:40 PM
you may want to do some research on them. Nextel is under a lawsuite right now for overcharging their customers, Just do some research and don't get wrapped up in the promised and deals they might make for you.
Overcharging is an understatement.
For years now Nextel has prided itself on having the highest Average Revenue Per User or ARPU. The last time I checked Nextels ARPU was $67.00. The nationwide ARPU is something like $51.00. Good for shareholders not good for subscribers and now that the patent on push to talk is up that ARPU is going to come back and bite them in the ass. If you own Nextel stock now is probably a good time to sell.
$16.00 a user doesn't seem like much but when you have 40+ employees (Typical Nextel account size) That equates to $640 monthly and $7,680 annually that a Nextel customer is paying over the national average. Now just imagine if you had 100+ employees :2purples:

AquaBoogie
08-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Nextel sucks. We could have gotten Nextel service for a very discount price through my wifes job (Nascar). Too many complaints and had to pass. Sprint has been the best so far for me.

Boozer
08-25-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm kind of getting screwed by them ( long story ). I am also considering new companies, Who do you guys recommend for San Diego Area that doesn't sell flamer looking phones.
The flamer looking phone is only one of many options. Every company has a flamer style phone and a non flamer style phone.
The best bang for your buck is in my opinion T-Mobile. The next best bang for your buck is Verizon. There's a significant cost difference between Verizon and T-Mobile with Verizon being higher but Verizon does have coverage in remote areas that noone else does. If you spend 95% of your time in populated areas then T-Mobile is your ticket. If you spend a lot of time in places like Rock Springs WY and remote rural areas Verizon is the only way to go.
If you want the hook up on T-Mobile PM me and I'll give you a phone number to call.

green with envy
08-25-2004, 08:57 PM
If you want some nextell phones pm me. I have about 30 left. I took our company off nextell for very poor service. Went to verizon so far so good and the bill is about 1/4 to a 1/3 of what it use to be. Money right off the bottem line is now back in. Use to spend 10,000. a month with nextell couldnt get a rep to come out. Now they wont leave me alone since we left. Verizon is all that. Has worked in most of the western states with no problem. Alaways going to be some dead spots no matter who it is.

green with envy
08-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Forgot to say dont waste your time with verizon push to talk walkie talkie. Right now it sucks. Too much of a delay. They are supposed to fix that in the next couple of months. If it happens I will post.