PDA

View Full Version : Debates: kerry team challenge, bush team retort

carbonmarine
08-26-2004, 08:47 AM
KERRY CHALLENGES BUSH TO WEEKLY DEBATES: In Anoka, MN, John Kerry challenged President Bush to weekly debates on the issues.
BUSH CAMP REAX: "There will be a time for debates after the convention, and during the next few weeks, John Kerry should take the time to finish the debates with himself. This election presents a clear choice to the American people between a President who is moving America forward and a Senator who has taken every side of almost every issue and has the most out of the mainstream record in the U.S. Senate," said BC'04 spokesman Steve Schmidt.

keithj714
08-26-2004, 09:20 AM
I just wish they would both get back to talking about more today's issues, not service in the Vietnam war. Personally, whether someone served or didn't serve 35 to 40 years ago when they were 20 years old doesn't have any bearing on my vote. That water went over the bridge a long time ago.

BUSTI
08-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Kieth you are so right! But I am curious why do you think Kerry made his Viet Nam record the center piece of his campaign prior to and at his convention? Bush has never mentioned Kerry's record............looks like to me Kerry opened up his own can of worms in an atempt to look like "hey look at me I have been to war!"
What did he expect to parade his record by the nation and not have it scrutinized?
And by his own words Kerry saw and committed war time atrocities in Viet nam. If that is so how does he now have the balls to say he is fit to command?
He is toast and when 95 percent of all the Swift Boat Veterans that actualy served with him say he is full of shit.........and since he brought up the subject.........is not his record or the accuracy of his self proclaimed record a real issue on whether he is fit to lead this nation?

mirvin
08-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Exactly Busti. I've never heard Bush say word one about Kerry's war record. Every bit of "service" propaganda has come strait from Kerry's mouth.
I think Bush is playing Kerry like a game of checkers. If Bush just keeps his mouth shut Kerry will end up shooting himself in the foot, again :p
mirvin

HighRoller
08-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Watching Kerry is like watching a dude play Tennis against himself! He brings up Bush's war record...then he criticizes Bush for talking about the war records! He says he wants to stop talking about the war....then talks about his war record. He says Saddam needs to be removed "no matter what the evidence of 9-11"...then he villafies Bush for attacking Saddam without proof after 9-11. He says Saddam's WMD's make him a threat...then attacks Bush for attacking a man who "wasn't a threat". Which is it, Senator?

keithj714
08-26-2004, 11:53 AM
I'd say because they don't want his record in office to be the focus of his campaign, which of course, the republicans will be all over at their convention.

Jeanyus
08-26-2004, 01:18 PM
I think Kerry is going to implode before November. How many times can a guy change his story before people loose all respect for him. Just because your initials are JFK doesen't qualify you for president.

eliminatedsprinter
08-26-2004, 01:29 PM
The way the desperate dems are playing things this year, it dosent matter what Bush says. If he dosen't say anything, they will just continue to make stuff up....

MagicMtnDan
08-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Watching Kerry is like watching a dude play Tennis against himself! He brings up Bush's war record...then he criticizes Bush for talking about the war records! He says he wants to stop talking about the war....then talks about his war record. He says Saddam needs to be removed "no matter what the evidence of 9-11"...then he villafies Bush for attacking Saddam without proof after 9-11. He says Saddam's WMD's make him a threat...then attacks Bush for attacking a man who "wasn't a threat". Which is it, Senator?
Good points and here's another example: Kerry continually whines about the Swift Boat Vets for Truth ads and blames Bush for them. Kerry demands that Bush stop the ads (that Bush doesn't control). Meanwhile, back in liberal-land, the left-wing groups are showing ad after TV ad blasting Bush. So, when will Kerry pull those ads? :o Focker flip-flops more than a Jimmy Buffet concert audience! :eek: