PDA

View Full Version : The magic water of Bass Lake

Mandelon
08-26-2004, 09:03 AM
After a bunch of trips out to Martinez, Parker and Havasu my 4 blade stainless prop had this annoying milky white haze on it. Frankly, it was hard to polish off, so being the lazy schmuck I am, I didn't bother.... :rolleyes:
One day in the crystal clear mountain runoff water of Bass Lake and the prop is shiny like new......
Credit it to the magic healing waters of Bass Lake........ :rollside:
Why? Less calcium and salts in the water???

rivercrazy
08-26-2004, 09:07 AM
The water there is really nice. I remember being there for a week with the boat in the water the entire time. At the end of the trip, the boat wiped down easily with no water spots.... Try that at the river!
That place is awesome....

summerlove
08-26-2004, 10:18 AM
After a bunch of trips out to Martinez, Parker and Havasu my 4 blade stainless prop had this annoying milky white haze on it. Frankly, it was hard to polish off, so being the lazy schmuck I am, I didn't bother.... :rolleyes:
One day in the crystal clear mountain runoff water of Bass Lake and the prop is shiny like new......
Credit it to the magic healing waters of Bass Lake........ :rollside:
Why? Less calcium and salts in the water???
I dunno, but I'd lovde to see some pics of Bass Lake. Never been there, and I hear it's awesome. tell us about it...thanks.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-26-2004, 10:25 AM
SL, having stayed at Bass Lake for two weeks every summer while growing up but then venturing to Shaver Lake one summer, personally, Shaver Lake is a much better lake than Bass. Bass is a great lake but I wold take shaver over Bass 10 times out of 10. After the first trip to Shaver we stopped going to Bass and moved our two week vacation to Shaver every year. Shaver is higher in elevation, 5600 ft, so the water is going to be a bit cooler but it also does not get as hot as Bass does.

Steamin' Rice
08-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Ocean water also works well to clean up the hardware after a Havasu trip. :D

Mandelon
08-26-2004, 11:48 AM
I dunno, but I'd lovde to see some pics of Bass Lake. Never been there, and I hear it's awesome. tell us about it...thanks.
I have pics and will put em up later, after we get back from Parker on Monday. Just been too busy this week. There are some in my gallery at hotboatpics.com but only a few. It was really pretty.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/42Bass_Lake_006-med.jpg

1RVR RYD
08-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Bass Lake is great! I worked there 3 summers as the Waterfront Director teaching kids how to waterski and wakeboard all day 5 days a week. I really liked the the beginning and end of the season up there, before Fathers Day and after Labor Day- there is nobody out there- great water to waterski or wakeboard behind! The water level does drop as the summer goes by but still a great place to visit at least once. It's not like Havasu or Mohave, definately a different boating atmosphere. The only irritation is the PWC's, the lake should ban them as they don't stay in their designated areas. :smile:

shirkey4750
08-28-2004, 04:29 AM
When I was in the service out there in the late 60's, I spent a lot of time on Bass lake water skiing behind a 16' 40 HP tri hull. A lot of fond memories.

throwerb
09-01-2004, 05:46 PM
I have pics and will put em up later, after we get back from Parker on Monday. Just been too busy this week. There are some in my gallery at hotboatpics.com but only a few. It was really pretty.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/42Bass_Lake_006-med.jpg
How big is it and do they have any speed limits. The pic is awesome can't wait to see more :)

Mandelon
09-02-2004, 09:51 AM
It was pretty small, only 7 miles long or something like that, no speed limits. Pretty bumpy too. But after summer is over it is less crowded, but the water level will drop.....

NorCal Gameshow
09-19-2004, 04:02 AM
here's some pics of bass from last year
across from the pines
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/225P1010111.JPG
smooth as it gets
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/225P1010110.JPG
here's a bad pic of jazz on the lakehttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/225P1010106.JPG

CARRERA
09-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Ocean water also works well to clean up the hardware after a Havasu trip. :D
It should be the other way around. Or am I wrong?

Some Kind Of Monster
09-25-2004, 10:31 PM
We ran a boat into two sandbars in one weekend (I was not driving ;) ) because the lake we were on (Lyman) was mismarked. The prop blade cleaned up real nice after beating into the sand and mud. Give it a try!

Mandelon
10-01-2004, 10:47 PM
It should be the other way around. Or am I wrong?
Havasu water seems to have a lot of calcium and other buildups.
It seems the hard water of the Colorado River leaves deposits and the cleaner water of Bass can disolve em..... ;)

RiverToysJas
10-02-2004, 07:34 AM
That's where the movie, The Great Outdoor's we filmed. I'd love to check it out. What's the water temp there???
RTJas :D

djunkie
10-02-2004, 10:03 AM
I don't have any pics but I will vouch that it is a very nice lake. Been there a few times. Nice people clean water and beautiful scenery. The lake is kinda small though. Didn't have any problem with speed or noise limits. Another nice thing is the lake lice have their own designated area so you aren't constantly dodging them.

HotHallet
10-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Mandelon-If you would have kept your squirt gun you wouldn't have to worry about a tarnished prop.