PDA

View Full Version : Tom Leykis : Got beat up last nite.

carbonmarine
08-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Talk Show Host Tom Leykis Attacked In Seattle
POSTED: 6:00 am PDT August 26, 2004
UPDATED: 8:52 am PDT August 26, 2004
SEATTLE -- A man angry about on-air comments made by radio talk show host Tom Leykis spotted him outside a Seattle nightspot and kicked him in the head, police say.
Tom Leykis, based in Los Angeles, was treated at Swedish Medical Center and required 17 stitches for a cut above his eye. He also sustained a scraped knee and a black eye in the attack early Monday, a police report said.
No arrests had been reported by early Thursday.
"We are taking it very seriously," officer Scott Moss said.
Leykis, 48, is known for blunt talk. He named the woman accusing Kobe Bryant of rape, as well as a woman who tried to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge in Seattle and the 13-year-old boy raped by teacher Mary Kay Letourneau.
Leykis said he had never before been attacked by someone upset by his show. Leykis, on one of his regular trips to broadcast from Seattle, said he was getting some fresh air about 3:45 a.m. outside the Five Point Cafe when a man came out of the nightspot, took a photograph, then went back inside and showed the digital image to two others.
"I was minding my own business. It was a person who knew who I was from the radio," Leykis said.
A woman who had been with Leykis then came out of the Belltown-area restaurant and all three men followed. One said the radio host once took a call from him and then insulted him on the air, calling him a name and questioning his virility.
"You had no right to do that," the man said.
One of the other men, the one who had taken the picture, then kicked Leykis in the head, knocking him to the ground, according to the police report.
Both men fled and the third apologized as Leykis and the woman got into a taxicab to go to the radio host's hotel, where police and medical aid were summoned.
Leykis and the woman have reviewed security camera footage with the Five Point staff, police officer Sean Whitcomb said.
The bar owner wouldn't comment. Officials at KQBZ-FM, which broadcasts Leykis' show locally, did not respond to requests for comment from The Seattle Times and Seattle Post-Intelligencer

repo man
08-26-2004, 09:31 AM
i bet he is a little more careful who he calls pussies and fags on the air. i love tom but it was only a matter of time until somthing like this happened to him.

Jetdriver
08-26-2004, 09:34 AM
REALLY!!!!! Answer the question, answer the question!

PlyaPlya22
08-26-2004, 09:37 AM
The truth hurts. Not enough to kick someone in the head!

BUSTI
08-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Remember over the years I have said speech in this country is not free. We have the right to speak :argue: freely but it comes with a price!
Yes Tom has the right to speak freely but he must bare the responsibilty of his own words. If you verbally attack people or otherwize try to humiliate them in public.............like on the radio..................look out it might catch up with you in a way you might not like.

mirvin
08-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a total dumbass?? I mean come on, Lykis 101....what a fuktard :eek: That guy couldn't get laid if his life depended on it.
mirvin :wink:

cdog
08-26-2004, 10:33 AM
I listen to Tom, and can tell you he deserves his ass kicked by a good ole blue collar workin man. He thinks he's better than everyone just because he's got money but he's just a fat guy hiding behind a radio. I listen to him just to laugh but people are actualy dumb enough to call and let him chime in on how stupid they are. What a bunch of dumb asses, but it's entertaining.

HighRoller
08-26-2004, 10:38 AM
He's the "ladies man" who is supposed to be giving advice to people. I'm sure the "lady" he was with was impressed watching him get his ass kicked.

Ziggy
08-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Never heard the guy before but I wish someone would kick Stern in the head...I think most of those type of Talkshow Hosts are off kilter and deserve to be knocked back down to earth now and then.

ratso
08-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Sorry...but the fuktard is the guy who kicked him in the head. If you don't agree with his views, change the station or don't listen to him...

Captain Dan
08-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Mirvin - I agree with you, he is a total fuktard, (I like that word, by the way - may I use it again?).
Some of what he says makes sense, but then he goes off on some tangent and comes off as a total a hole.
It seems he fancies himself a debater - when he stumps someone or has a come-back for everthing a listener can come up with, you can tell he is satisfied with himself..
The thing is though, he is taking pride in stumping not a radio listener, but a caller to a radio show - perhaps some of the dumbest people on this earth.
Kudos to whomever kicked his ass. :smile:

fourspeednup
08-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Mirvin - I agree with you, he is a total fuktard, (I like that word, by the way - may I use it again?).
Some of what he says makes sense, but then he goes off on some tangent and comes off as a total a hole.
It seems he fancies himself a debater - when he stumps someone or has a come-back for everthing a listener can come up with, you can tell he is satisfied with himself..
The thing is though, he is taking pride in stumping not a radio listener, but a caller to a radio show - perhaps some of the dumbest people on this earth.
Kudos to whomever kicked his ass. :smile:
I listen to him for pure entertainment value...funnier than shiat! One of my coworkers can do a mean Lykis inpersonation that he uses in his intro while playing at various bars around Ventura County.....sounds just like him after a few beverages. :hammerhea

spute
08-26-2004, 11:16 AM
The guy is a disgrace. the only props i will give him is that he is well informed on just about everything. it is what he does with it that turns me off. he's a ratings wh**re.

cigarette1
08-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Wow ... about two months ago, some friends an myself made a run over Catalina and Leykis went with us. He rode in my buddys Top Gun .. he said he was going to mention the trip on one of his shows. While we were having lunch I told him I had never heard of him (true .. I'm a homeboy) and his girlfriend (hottie .. daughter of the X-Firstlady of Argentina) got all offended. He was cool about it .. I told him I basically listen to Sports talk radio. We talked a lot of BS and laughed ... he did manage to offend a spanish girl that was in our group.
G

Ducatista
08-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a total dumbass?? I mean come on, Lykis 101....what a fuktard :eek: That guy couldn't get laid if his life depended on it.
mirvin :wink:
You are not alone mirv......but he says he gets it anytime he wants cuz he's got tons on money and he has lost all that weight. Tom & Howard both suck IMO. I like Laura Ingraham...........
http://images.radcity.net/5396/669962.jpg

syke-o
08-26-2004, 11:51 AM
what he says is very entertaining... and he admits he does it all for ratings, which equals money in his pocket... some of the shit he says is pretty decent advise though...(if you want to get laid as quick and cheaply as possibel)... he admits it in his shows as well... and just because you dont like what someone says doesnt give you the right to kick them in the head.... :boxingguy

socalmoney
08-26-2004, 12:02 PM
I would take a kick in the face for his salary. Also one report stated that he was outside waiting for his date who was inside paying for dinner. Classic Leykis. You have to listen for entertainment value, kind of like when you watch Fox News.
"Seattle police records provide more detail: According to Leykis and a witness with him, he was "not feeling well" when one of the alleged assailants photographed him outside the Five Point bar and went back inside to show the photo to two other men.
The witness saw this, paid the bill and went back outside to check on Leykis. Two of the men followed her out, according to the report. One of the men said to Leykis, "I called your show once and you called me" a name. "You had no right to do that." Then a man standing to Leykis' left kicked him in the face. The blow knocked him to his knees, leaving his right knee scraped and bruised."

IN2-IN2MX
08-26-2004, 09:19 PM
I listen to Tom, and can tell you he deserves his ass kicked by a good ole blue collar workin man. He thinks he's better than everyone just because he's got money but he's just a fat guy hiding behind a radio. I listen to him just to laugh but people are actualy dumb enough to call and let him chime in on how stupid they are. What a bunch of dumb asses, but it's entertaining.
I agree, that dipwad gets on my nerves! :hammer2:

Bow Tie Omega
08-26-2004, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=socalmoney]I would take a kick in the face for his salary. Also one report stated that he was outside waiting for his date who was inside paying for dinner. Classic Leykis. You have to listen for entertainment value, kind of like when you watch Fox News.
You mean CNN, right?? I hope as the FNC is the straightest group of shooters in cable news

Misogynist
08-26-2004, 09:33 PM
I don't listen to Leykis because it's like listening to my own inner dialogue.... :redface: ... but I can't stand Stern..... everytime I see parts of his show on tv the dialogue usually goes like this... " So.... you take your clothes off for a living... yeah.... I'd bang you... show me your tits.... yeah... show me your ass....yeah... you've got a nice ass.... I'd bang you.... yeah... what do you guys think... you'd bang that.... right?"... How many times can you hear that before you get bored... :sleeping:

Kilrtoy
08-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Tom is weak, he only helps losers who are ugly and cant find SNATCH. I think his show is funny, because of the losers that call in.....

INXS
08-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Never heard the guy before but I wish someone would kick Stern in the head...I think most of those type of Talkshow Hosts are off kilter and deserve to be knocked back down to earth now and then.Stern is a pice of S##t. :messedup:

Debbolas
08-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Is High Roller ok?
lol :jawdrop:

INXS
08-26-2004, 10:27 PM
You are not alone mirv......but he says he gets it anytime he wants cuz he's got tons on money and he has lost all that weight. Tom & Howard both suck IMO. I like Laura Ingraham...........
http://images.radcity.net/5396/669962.jpgShe's a "TEN" in my book. Sexy, Smart, and Conservative! :crossx:

FunOnTheWater
08-27-2004, 05:06 AM
The show is a joke :messedup: I get a good laugh out of it, for an ugly fat guy he makes a lot of money :confused: just ask him :boxingguy

bigd1
08-27-2004, 05:19 AM
Good. He's a ****in' asshole. The guy should have kicked him in the junk a few times for good measure. Not as much of a badass in person I see.

JetBoatRich
08-27-2004, 05:19 AM
Good. He's a ****in' asshole. The guy should have kicked him in the junk a few times for good measure. Not as much of a badass in person I see.
Where was his crew to protect him :jawdrop:

CARRERA
08-27-2004, 09:36 AM
I agree, I tune in to his show just for entertainment. But, what has happen to Tom, was something he had coming (that is in someones view).
It was just a matter of time and I'm sure IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN because of the way he just slams people down.

Back Forty
08-27-2004, 11:11 AM
SCREW THE CALLERS.
LONG LIVE PHIL HENDRIE!!!
I feel great now... :)

1978 Rogers
08-27-2004, 12:06 PM
It got a lot of media coverage up here in Washington. You couldn't change to a different channel without hereing "What radio personality got attack out site this restaurant. Story when we return". Then, they waited until the end of the show to let us know it was Tom. :burningm: I wanted to see if it was someone important. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

CARRERA
08-28-2004, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know if he has talked about his ass kicking on his raido show?

wsuwrhr
08-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Does anyone know if he has talked about his ass kicking on his raido show?
I am a Lykis 101 listener. I haven't heard anything, and it was a surprise to see this thread.
The guy has some good ideas, but sometimes he goes over the top. Not saying he deserved it perse, but I think he needs to check himself.
Brian

CARRERA
08-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Yes he does "go over the top" and it was just a matter of time for something like this to happen.

ROZ
08-28-2004, 01:07 PM
I agree, I tune in to his show just for entertainment. But, what has happen to Tom, was something he had coming (that is in someones view).
It was just a matter of time and I'm sure IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN because of the way he just slams people down.
Agreed....
I also agree with BAck Forty... Phil Hendrie is a funny mofo...