PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's claim to fame

Jeanyus
08-26-2004, 09:21 AM
I have been reading the book Unfit For Command. So far it's Swiftboat Vets word against Kerrys. Except They do catch Kerry in several lies. The cambodia thing on Christmas, one purple heart incident on may 13 1968, he got shrapnel in his but, but in the book he wrote, he said on may 13th 1968 he said he got shrapnel in his ass when he blew up a rice stockpile with a gernade. So either he got 2 pieces of shrapnel in his but on the same day, or one of the accounts of May 13th is false. I'll do a full bookreport when I am finished reading.
Here's his claim to fame.
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/graphics/A03.jpg
Photo of John Kerry and Vietnam's former General Secretary of the Comunist Party, Do Moui. The photo is part of an exibt honoring heros who had helped the Vietnamese Communists win the war against the United States. The photo is displayed in the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City.
One of the swiftboat vets saw this photo and posted on the net,
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/staticpages/index.php?page=20040604194804799
That is what compelled the Swiftboat Vets to take action.
I think Kerry is good , he managed to be a war hero for the US, and for the Enemy.

spectratoad
08-26-2004, 09:29 AM
So I take it Kerry didn't throw away the medals that he got from the North Veitnamese? :o :mad:

dale459us
08-26-2004, 10:01 AM
John Kerry is nothing but a lying self absorbed a^#hole and should just go away to some remote island with his girlfriend Hanoi Jane.

summerlove
08-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Hey Genius, go ahead and read all the fiction you want! Enjoy !
Here's the real story....be sure to read the entire story to the end. I wonder who's lying now...
The Associated Press
Updated: 12:55 p.m. ET Aug. 25, 2004WASHINGTON - The Navy task force overseeing John Kerry’s swift boat squadron in Vietnam reported that his group of boats came under enemy fire during a March 13, 1969, incident that three decades later is being challenged by the Democratic presidential nominee’s critics.
The March 18, 1969, weekly report from Task Force 115, which was located by The Associated Press during a search of Navy archives, is the latest document to surface that supports Kerry’s description of an event for which he won a Bronze Star and a third Purple Heart.
The Task Force report twice mentions the incident five days earlier and both times calls it “an enemy initiated firefight” that included automatic weapons fire and underwater mines used against a group of five boats that included Kerry’s.
Task Force 115 was commanded at the time by retired Rear Adm. Roy Hoffmann, the founder of the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, which has been running ads challenging Kerry’s account of the episode.
A member of the group, Larry Thurlow, said Tuesday he stood by his assertion that there was no enemy fire that day. Thurlow, the commander of another boat who also won a Bronze Star, said task force commanders probably relied on the initial report of the incident. Thurlow says Kerry wrote that report.
The document, part of thousands of pages of records housed at the Naval Historical Center, is one of several that say Kerry and other servicemen were shot at from the banks of the Bay Hap River on March 13, 1969. The Associated Press located the document Tuesday during a search of available records.
Earlier this month, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth aired a television ad claiming Kerry lied about the circumstances surrounding his medals. Several members of the group who were aboard nearby boats that March 13 said in the ad and in affidavits that there was no enemy gunfire during the incident.
The anti-Kerry group has not produced any official Navy documents supporting that claim, however. The man Kerry rescued, Jim Rassmann, and the crew of Kerry’s boat all say there was gunfire from both banks of the river at the time.
Meanwhile, Benjamin Ginsberg, a lawyer for the Bush campaign, acknowledged that he has given legal advice to the anti-Kerry group and resigned from his campaign post. Ginsberg said he never told the campaign what he discussed with the group or vice versa, and doesn’t advise the group on ad strategies.
Kerry has denounced the assertions from Swift Boat Veterans for Truth as lies made as part of a Republican smear campaign. Most of the group’s members and early financial backers are Republicans and one member who appeared in an ad, Ken Cordier, was a volunteer member of the Bush campaign. The campaign cut its ties with Cordier last week.
President Bush has said his campaign had nothing to do with the veterans group and said all such advertising by outside groups should cease. An anti-Bush group has run television ads saying Bush shirked his duty in the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam war.
Kerry highlighted his Vietnam service during the Democratic convention last month, recounting the March 13 incident and having Rassmann join him on stage.
On that day in 1969, Kerry’s PCF-94 was part of a five-boat group heading downriver. An underwater mine exploded underneath another boat, PCF-3, injuring its entire crew. Kerry’s boat was then hit by another explosion that knocked Rassmann, an Army Green Beret, into the water. Kerry hurt his right arm in the explosion.
Kerry turned his boat around to rescue Rassmann, pulling the soldier into the boat with his injured right arm, while the other boats rushed to help PCF-3. All the official Navy reports on the incident say the boats were under heavy fire from the riverbanks at the time. Those records include the official after-action report, citations for Bronze Stars awarded for heroism that day and now the Task Force 115 report.
The weekly report cites the incident twice, referring to its code name of Sea Lords 358. The first reference says the boats “encountered an enemy initiated firefight with water mines and automatic weapons fire.” The second reference also mentions “an enemy initiated firefight ... with water mines and automatic weapons.”
Thurlow, the commander of another swift boat who won a Bronze Star for helping the crew of PCF-3, insists there was no enemy gunfire during the incident. The citation and recommendation for Thurlow’s Bronze Star, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, also mention enemy fire, however.
Thurlow’s medal recommendation, for example, says he helped the PCF-3 crew “under constant enemy small arms fire.” That recommendation is signed by George Elliott, another member of the anti-Kerry group. It lists as the only witness for the incident Robert Eugene Lambert, an enlisted man who was not on Kerry’s boat who also won the Bronze Star that day.
Thurlow stood by his claim that there was no gunfire that day and said his Bronze Star documents were wrong.
Kerry’s campaign has released copies of the after-action report and Kerry’s Bronze Star nomination and citation for the incident, but not the weekly report.
© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Jeanyus
08-26-2004, 10:21 AM
I'll read your fiction after, I get done reading my fiction, after I get done reading Kerrys fiction.

summerlove
08-26-2004, 10:22 AM
I'll read your fiction after, I get done reading my fiction, after I get done reading Kerrys fiction.
so I guess you're unwilling to learn the truth?

572Daytona
08-26-2004, 10:32 AM
This article does a pretty good job of presenting data from both sides:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/politics/content/news/wpost_fullstory.html
The following from the article was a quote from an interview with Rassmann (the guy Kerry pulled out of the water) and seems to support the rice in the ass story. Also just imagine the outcry today if our soldiers were to destroy any of the enemies food supplies:
As they were heading back to the boat, Kerry and Rassmann decided to blow up a five-ton rice bin to deny food to the Vietcong. In an interview last week, Rassmann recalled that they climbed on top of the huge pile and dug a hole in the rice. On the count of three, they tossed their grenades into the hole and ran.
Evidently, Kerry did not run fast enough. "He got some frags and pieces of rice in his rear end," Rassmann said with a laugh. "It was more embarrassing than painful." At the time, the incident did not seem significant, and Kerry did not mention it to anyone when he got back on the boat. An unsigned "personnel casualty report," however, erroneously implies that Kerry suffered "shrapnel wounds in his left buttocks" later in the day, following the mine explosion incident, when he also received "contusions to his right forearm."

HighRoller
08-26-2004, 10:34 AM
SL, you put "real story" and Associated Press in the same sentence. That's funny. The AP is a well known defender of all things liberal, so don't insult me by saying their word has any credibility. BTW, what did you think of that 12 minute video showing clearly and concisely what Kerry is about? You can call 254 honorably discharged Vets "liars" if you wish, but that would make you no better than Kerry. BTW, John Kerry could clear up this entire affair very quickly by signing one document and releasing his FULL military record. But he refuses. Hmmm...what does he have to hide? :idea:

Jeanyus
08-26-2004, 10:37 AM
The reason I am reading the book, is because I would like to know the truth.
Maybe you could read Kerrys book and see if he gives a different account of events.
The storys of Americam POWs, and how they used Hanoi Jane, and Kerrys, anti war activism, to demoralize them, and break them down mentally, are disturbing. BTW the former POWs give thier names and rank. So you could look up weather or not they really were POWs.
Not like some of Kerrys witnesses that were never in Vietnam.
Is this fiction?
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/graphics/B01.jpg

OGShocker
08-26-2004, 10:46 AM
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/graphics/KerryAkbar.jpg
You want the truth? YOU CAN'T handle the truth! :supp:

Ziggy
08-26-2004, 10:49 AM
SL, you put "real story" and Associated Press in the same sentence. That's funny.:
Same thing I was thinking---And I hate this political crud.
On a similar note: Recently while at the gym there were several somewhat older gents that were talking about Kerry, all of whom are Vets. Not a one said a good thing about Kerry and one even told a funny joke.
Said he'd just gotten back with his dog from the dog groomers after having been washed/cleaned. Said he thinks the dog is going Democrat cause the moment he got home he went and rolled around in a bunch of crap.
Hey, it worth a laugh :D :D

summerlove
08-26-2004, 11:04 AM
SL, you put "real story" and Associated Press in the same sentence.
read the article again. They are not offering editorial or opinion, they are recounting statements made by those that were there and those that were not. The entire swift boat issue is a poliotical hazing to deflect the issue of the Prez's missing 9 months while in the Guard.
I did however, find this tidbit to be especially amusing...
"Thurlow, the commander of another swift boat who won a Bronze Star for helping the crew of PCF-3, insists there was no enemy gunfire during the incident. The citation and recommendation for Thurlow’s Bronze Star, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, also mention enemy fire, however.
Thurlow’s medal recommendation, for example, says he helped the PCF-3 crew “under constant enemy small arms fire.” That recommendation is signed by George Elliott, another member of the anti-Kerry group. It lists as the only witness for the incident Robert Eugene Lambert, an enlisted man who was not on Kerry’s boat who also won the Bronze Star that day."

Essex502
08-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Is the horse dead of does it still need a beatin'?

Delta Jets
08-26-2004, 11:37 AM
The reason I am reading the book, is because I would like to know the truth.
Maybe you could read Kerrys book and see if he gives a different account of events.
The storys of Americam POWs, and how they used Hanoi Jane, and Kerrys, anti war activism, to demoralize them, and break them down mentally, are disturbing. BTW the former POWs give thier names and rank. So you could look up weather or not they really were POWs.
Not like some of Kerrys witnesses that were never in Vietnam.
Is this fiction?
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/graphics/B01.jpg
Picture does not look like fiction. I know Photoshop by communist

572Daytona
08-26-2004, 11:44 AM
I think that picture is legit, it was taken in 1993 when Kerry was in Vietnam with a delagation to discuss POW's the the North Vietnamese government and it is hanging in the museum

Jeanyus
08-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Is the horse dead of does it still need a beatin'?
What? :hammerhea :hammerhea

mud duck
08-26-2004, 12:28 PM
This is so silly. No one has a worse military record that George W. Bush. Yet you welcome trying to punch holes in Kerry's military record, clinging to any potential possible discrepancy between witnesses and/or paper work. Clearly if you compare the two candidate's military records, George does not have a chance in hell. The Republicans should get on some other campaign tactics. This topic is an up hill battle that George will lose horribly (perhaps because he never showed up for training).
OMO

AzDon
08-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Credibility and the Swift Boat Veterans seem to be opposed concepts!....Were they lying then or are they lying now?

Jeanyus
08-26-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm not trying to punch holes in anyones military record. I would just like to point out that Kerry is considered a hero, by the US military, and the enemy that he fought against. Talk about the king of flip flop. I think his main problem, is that he tells the story differently, to try to appeal to the current popular opinion. Then cant remember which version of the story he just told, and ends up shooting himself in the ass (literally). I do think he owes an apology to Vietnam Vets. If he at least did that, it would elevate him from toilet scum, to pond scum.

OGShocker
08-26-2004, 12:56 PM
This is so silly. No one has a worse military record that George W. Bush. Yet you welcome trying to punch holes in Kerry's military record, clinging to any potential possible discrepancy between witnesses and/or paper work. Clearly if you compare the two candidate's military records, George does not have a chance in hell. The Republicans should get on some other campaign tactics. This topic is an up hill battle that George will lose horribly (perhaps because he never showed up for training).
OMO
Difference between the two is President Bush has turned over his records. Senator Kerry still refuses to do so. I have to wonder why.
I have stated before. I do not care what happend 30 years ago. I do care what has happend in the last 4 years and what will happen in the next 100 years. The fact is, WE ARE AT WAR. Do we really want an anti-war president while we are at war? I guarantee our enemies want just that very thing.
eff the economy, eff abortion, eff the price of focking GAS. We are at war! Get it through you thick head.

Havasu Cig
08-26-2004, 01:29 PM
My Father served with the 1st Infantry Division in Vietnam and can't stand Kerry because what he did when he came back from the war. For those of you calling these vets liars you have no balls IMO. Unless you served you should shut the **** up.
I can't stand Kerry but I have yet to be critical of the vets that are sticking by his side. If you were not there you have not earned the right to call these guys liars. My.02.

totenhosen
08-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Difference between the two is President Bush has turned over his records. Senator Kerry still refuses to do so. I have to wonder why.
I have stated before. I do not care what happend 30 years ago. I do care what has happend in the last 4 years and what will happen in the next 100 years. The fact is, WE ARE AT WAR. Do we really want an anti-war president while we are at war? I guarantee our enemies want just that very thing.
eff the economy, eff abortion, eff the price of focking GAS. We are at war! Get it through you thick head.
what about a President and VP that used their connections for multiple deferrments and never really served. Face it both sides are f-ing hypocrites.

beer hunter
08-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Clearly if you compare the two candidate's military records, George does not have a chance in hell.
I kind of doubt that, Bush has three and one half years experience as Commander-in Chief. Kerry spent four short months in Vietnam then came home and bashed our nation and the very people he served with! :D

OGShocker
08-26-2004, 02:04 PM
what about a President and VP that used their connections for multiple deferrments and never really served. Face it both sides are f-ing hypocrites.
If this is true are you saying it is illegal?
I am saying I DON'T give a rats a$$.

Havasu Cig
08-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Just on the news the Bush campain has filed suit to curtail the ads by 527 groups on both sides. Kerry's campain was asked to join in the suit but they have refused so far.
Time to step up to the plate. If Kerry wants some restraints placed on the 527 groups he should fall in line with Bush on this. Fact is the 527's on the Democrates side have a lot more money that the Republicans. I don't think you will see Kerry try and stop them for this very reason.

beer hunter
08-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Just on the news the Bush campain has filed suit to curtail the ads by 527 groups on both sides. Kerry's campain was asked to join in the suit but they have refused so far.
Time to step up to the plate. If Kerry wants some restraints placed on the 527 groups he should fall in line with Bush on this. Fact is the 527's on the Democrates side have a lot more money that the Republicans. I don't think you will see Kerry try and stop them for this very reason.
That just proves what most of us already know, Kerry is a hypocrite.

totenhosen
08-26-2004, 02:38 PM
If this is true are you saying it is illegal?
I am saying I DON'T give a rats a$$.
Not illegal but not much different than what Clinton did.
But you give a rats ass about two sides arguing over what happened 20+ years in Vietnam? And yet Bush/Cheney weren't even over there? So who stepped up?

totenhosen
08-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Honestly I jsut want them to discuss the issues. If Kerry has a problem with what Bush is doing in office instead of saying it was wrong/bad etc why doesn't he say what he would have done. Both are full of it.

Jeanyus
08-26-2004, 02:46 PM
But you give a rats ass about two sides arguing over what happened 20+ years in Vietnam? And yet Bush/Cheney weren't even over there? So who stepped up?
This is a man who stepped up and served his country. Makes ya kinda proud doesen't it.
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/graphics/image003.jpg
Im just glad the rest of the country does not step up and serve like Kerry.
We could all go down to main street on the 4th of July and watch communists goostep through our towns.

totenhosen
08-26-2004, 02:51 PM
This is a man who stepped up and served his country. Makes ya kinda proud doesen't it.
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/graphics/image003.jpg
Im just glad the rest of the country does not step up and serve like Kerry.
We could all go down to main street on the 4th of July and watch communists goostep through our towns.
and I can show a picture of Rumsfield shaking hands with Saddam.
Im just glad the rest of the country does not step up and serve like Rumsfield.
We could all go down to main street on the 4th of July and watch terrorists goostep through our towns

UBFJ #454
08-26-2004, 03:15 PM
For what its worth, I think this "Swift Boat Vets" Thing is just the "First Round" Fired by various Vet Organizations ... I'm expecting another one, perhaps a "Shorter One", in the not to distant future ... Before They, The Vets, "REALLY Begin Firing For Effect".
I wouldn't be at all surprised if (in fact I'm expecting it) not too awfully long after The Republican Convention ... within 10 or so days ... A "Group of Former P.O.W.'s" come out and "Speaks Their Mind" on what they think of Senator Kerry. I think it's also quite possible some other Veteran's Groups ... say from some former Combat Outfits ... "Speak Up" Also.
I'm afraid that from Now until the 3rd of November ... Then for Sometime Afterward ... It's going to get/be "Very Ugly" for a lot of people.
All I can suggest is that after the Election is over ... We All Remember That The Terrorist Threat Will STILL BE THERE ... These Guys, The Terrorists, Fanatics Are SERIOUS About Wanting To TOTALLY DESTORY Western Civilization ... I don't think that most people fully understand how serious a threat this really is. I've lived, worked and been involved in/with the Middle East off and on for a number of years and "I Know Their Mind Set". They have Declared "JIHAD" Against US ... Always Remember That and Find Out/Research What That REALLY MEANS ... To Them ... And, For Us In Their Minds.

Jeanyus
08-26-2004, 03:18 PM
and I can show a picture of Rumsfield shaking hands with Saddam.
Im just glad the rest of the country does not step up and serve like Rumsfield.
We could all go down to main street on the 4th of July and watch terrorists goostep through our towns
I bet Rumsfeld does not end up in the terrorists hall of fame.

totenhosen
08-26-2004, 03:22 PM
I bet Rumsfeld does not end up in the terrorists hall of fame.
touche, but both sides are hypocrites.

OGShocker
08-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Holy CRAP! Clinton went to the USSR and took part in demonsrtations against this great Nation. Did you have low doors in your play house? We were in the middle of the most costly undeclared war ever (that would be the cold war) while he was rubbing noses with our E N E M Y. You equate deferments to Aid and Comfort? Have a nice day.

Tinkerer
08-26-2004, 06:52 PM
I heard the other day that after KERRY got his discharge for the three purple scratches he was sapposed to serve two years in the reserves.From what I heard he never showed up even once.
So now KERRY was the one that was AWOL.

angry dad
08-26-2004, 07:44 PM
the bottom line is kerrys a coward!!!he served 4 months ..then came home and called ALL vets baby killers!!!! :sqeyes: think about the p.o.w.s that had to endure that!!!it's not about what he did.. its about what he DID when he returned!!!!think about all the brave p.o.w.s!!!!!that COWARD kerry sold them out!!!!

UBFJ #454
08-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Kerry spent 4 1/2 months in Vietnam ... 1 1/2 in orientation and training and 3 on board "The Boats". After he managed his 3rd Purple Heart he asked to leave Vietnam (Costal Command Policy was you could ask to leave after your 3rd) and he did. Upon leaving Vietnam he requested to leave the Navy and be released from his total commitment ... The Admiral who reviewed his request and his Service Record concluded it would be best for Both Kerry and the Navy if he left and he did so within 10 days of his departure from Vietnam ... The preceeding is all a matter of Public Record.
He joined the Navy ... Requested to serve in Vietnam ... Then QUIT BOTH when he saw what "Being Down South" really was like.

INXS
08-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Sadly, some "Sheepople will vote for him!

MagicMtnDan
08-27-2004, 05:45 AM
Kerry spent 4 1/2 months in Vietnam ... 1 1/2 in orientation and training and 3 on board "The Boats". After he managed his 3rd Purple Heart he asked to leave Vietnam (Costal Command Policy was you could ask to leave after your 3rd) and he did. Upon leaving Vietnam he requested to leave the Navy and be released from his total commitment ... The Admiral who reviewed his request and his Service Record concluded it would be best for Both Kerry and the Navy if he left and he did so within 10 days of his departure from Vietnam ... The preceeding is all a matter of Public Record.
He joined the Navy ... Requested to serve in Vietnam ... Then QUIT BOTH when he saw what "Being Down South" really was like.
Yeah, he's a "war hero" - Massachussets boy who was looking to be like President JFK (who served heroically in WWII on PT boats) but didn't have the courage that John Kennedy had.
Kerry joined the Navy because he HAD to. His college deferment was over when he graduated. So he joined the Navy because he thought it'd be the safest way for him.
Then he volunteered for Swift Boats because he thought he'd be patrolling the coast. OOPS - they moved them inland on the rivers and it became a much more dangerous assignment so Kerry had to find a way out.
And he did. He found every possible excuse to ASK for purple hearts. Rice grains, scratches, all in the name of getting out of the Navy fast. (You don't think he planned on opting out ASAP do you? One thing Kerry isn't is dumb).
So as soon as he got his 3rd purple heart he filed for getting out of the war. 4 short months after he got there.
Then he did what he does best. He showed how LEFT WING he really is. Pay attention people, especially you liberals who hate GWB.
John Kerry accused his fellow soldiers, fellow veterans of the Vietnam war, guys he served with, soldiers who WERE STILL OVER THERE (tens of thousands of them were still over in Vietnam) - he accused them of WAR CRIMES and committing atrocities - of cutting off limbs, torture, razing villages, barbaric acts like Gengis Khan.
And here's the proof - click here to listen to what Kerry said - in his own words in 1971 when he testified (audio) (http://www.streamload.com/jmstein77/KerryAd3.wmv)

UBFJ #454
08-27-2004, 06:05 AM
Interesting Point ...
John Fitzgerld Kennedy (JFK) ... NAVY ...
John Forbes Kerry (JFK) ... NAVY ...
JFK ... WWII ..... PT Boats ...
JFK ... Vietnam ..... PBR ("Swift") Boats ...
Planning? Ya Think?????
V(K)erry Interesting .......

MagicMtnDan
08-27-2004, 06:24 AM
Interesting Point ...
John Fitzgerld Kennedy (JFK) ... NAVY ...
John Forbes Kerry (JFK) ... NAVY ...
JFK ... WWII ..... PT Boats ...
JFK ... Vietnam ..... PBR ("Swift") Boats ...
Planning? Ya Think?????
V(K)erry Interesting .......
Yeah, like I said he planned it all out but he NEVER had the guts that John F. Kennedy had. Once Kerry got in country it was all he could do to get out. So he did - the chicken shit way.
And then when he was out he proceeded to disgrace himself and hurt his fellow vets in the most despicable manner possible. He called them butchers and accused them of war crimes.
You may not be happy about George Bush serving in the Reserves but at least he didn't disgrace himself and servicemen and women around the world!

UBFJ #454
08-27-2004, 07:05 AM
To me, it's not so much what he said we did cause some of that stuff did, in fact, Really Happen ...
It's the Forum in which he Chose To Say It and How What He Said Put Others At Risk of Their Lives and/or Sanity ... All For His Own Selfish Personal (Political?) Gain. Then now to act like he's some kind of Hero when 4 1/2 months "In Country" wasn't even enough time for "The Best of The Best" to "Figure" out which way "UP" Really Was. On Top of That ...
HE Frigg'n QUIT.
Sorry (Like Hell), Guess it's just The CORPS Left in Me ... Quitter's Just Don't Cut It With Me ... and ... In Today's WORLD WE, In My Opinion As "Humble" As It Never Is, CAN'T AFFORD A QUITTER (Or, Even A Perceived One).

Jeanyus
08-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Here's what amazes me, and makes me laugh at Kerry.
Every one agrees the the Vietnam war was contraversial, it divided the nation at the time. Kerry served in Vietnam, got out, and spearheaded the contraversy , by leading the anti war movement, he fueled the fire.
Now he's going to make a run for president, and as a foundation for his presidency , he's going to use the Vietnam war. He's going to open the book of Vienam, but only wants to use the chapter where he was awarded the medals.
Now that he is knee deep in cotraversy, he can't figure out why, and in an effort to dodge the contraversy, is going to blame the republican party.
His strategy did not work.
IMO he thinks because his initials are JFK and he commanded a small boat in the navy that it is his destiny to be president. He is psycotic and disillusioned.
The American people are not going to ellect a total crackpot for president.
His campaign is falling apart and loosing steam. Look for him to implode before November, and give the election to Bush.

572Daytona
08-27-2004, 08:37 AM
I agree, he's looking more and more like he's going to pull a Howard Dean in the near future. To me it appears that he is such an egoist that he can't handle people not liking him. Rather than just ignore and rise above the mud slinging as Bush has done over the years, he engages in every battle. Not a good quality in a leader imo. Can you imagine if he were president and some foreign leader were to criticize? He is either going to bend over every which way to make them like him or engage in a pissing match. Not a good thing.

totenhosen
08-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Holy CRAP! Clinton went to the USSR and took part in demonsrtations against this great Nation. Did you have low doors in your play house? We were in the middle of the most costly undeclared war ever (that would be the cold war) while he was rubbing noses with our E N E M Y. You equate deferments to Aid and Comfort? Have a nice day.
What year was this?

totenhosen
08-27-2004, 08:55 AM
You equate deferments to Aid and Comfort?
Yes I do. You and I both know that the average man would not have gotten the aid from man and dad's connections and enjoy the comfort of "serving" if you want to call it that of being in the national Guard.