PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Revolver video premier on VH1

KACHINA KEN
08-26-2004, 07:56 PM
The video premier for the new Velvet Revolver single "Fall to pieces" is on VH1 in 7 minutes @ 9pm.
Check it out, it's a good rock track.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Great band! It's about time Slash got his crap together. Good to see him shredding again.

KACHINA KEN
08-26-2004, 08:09 PM
well it was OK, Kevin Kerslake the director I think took it in the wrong direction with all the imagery, you dont need it because everyone already knows about the problems these guys have gone through because their lives are so public.
I think some basic monochromatic shots or studio footage would have sufficed, playing up the OD stuff is a lil unnecessary.

Jordy
08-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Slash never ceases to impress me. The riffs in that song were reminiscant of Paradise City from Appetite that came out almost 20 years ago. I'm going to have to break down and go buy the albumn. I've about worn a hole in the disc I burned with the first single. It's amazing how good they are without Axl. :D

Some Kind Of Monster
08-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Damnit I missed it. I'm sure they will roll it out again later. What a great lineup though. I saw STP before they disbanded, but never saw GnR. I don't care what Axl says, Gnr is no longer Gnr.

KACHINA KEN
08-26-2004, 08:26 PM
I was lucky enough to see them and metallica together in 92? @ The Houston Astrodome, ****n crazy show.

Jordy
08-26-2004, 08:28 PM
I saw them at Compton Terrace in like '91 for the Use Your Illusion tour. First tour with Matt Sorum. He was knocking the skin off his double bass set. Axl was running around with 18 hole Doc's, a plaid kilt and a t-shirt that said "Nobody knows I'm a lesbian."
One of the best concerts I've ever been to. :D

Coach
08-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Velvet Revolver is the real deal. The album rocks and is by far one of the best rock album in the last 5-10 years.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Great band, but damn... Best in the last 5-10 years?
I have lots of GnR videos of full concerts etc.. It makes me wonder though how they made it so long.. It had to be the drugs & booze. It nearly killed them (literally) several times.