PDA

View Full Version : Lost a Chicklet...

Froggystyle
08-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Wrecked my mountain bike on Tuesday. Just getting back into the swing of the work thing today. Dental is expensive!
The short story is, I went over the bars big time, and saved my bike and helmet from damage by taking the brunt of the fall with my face into the rock garden. I fractured two teeth, broke one clean off, hurt me left hand pretty badly (badly sprained left thumb, evulsion fracture of radius) and got all manner of trail rash all over my front.
No, I won't post a picture of me looking like Cletus the Slack Jawed boat builder either... ;)
Anyone who has lost a tooth... I feel for you. The most screwed up thing is, you don't get a new one right away! It is going to be damn near a month until I can whistle again...
Like I needed tooth problems...

Kilrtoy
08-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear that, Losing teeth hurts I know....
Hope you feel better soon....

IN2-IN2MX
08-27-2004, 02:23 PM
:cry: Sorry to hear that. Ouch! :frown:
And I thought getting pegged by the ball at yesterday's game was rough. You're making me feel like a big whiner now :rolleyes: . I'll shut up now.

1978 Rogers
08-27-2004, 02:25 PM
I broke one of my front teeth by not paying attention while playing softball as a kid. Playing first base and not paying attention hurts. Breathing through your mouth with a broken tooth. You gotta love the cold feeling. Damn it hurts. I feel you pain, at least some of it.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-27-2004, 02:27 PM
I busted my two front teeth out playing hockey. I waited years before I got it fixed (I was young then). It took me a long time to get used to having full teeth again!

Dr. Eagle
08-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Ouch, damn. That sucks... especially the losing teeth part. :messedup:

repo man
08-27-2004, 02:41 PM
all right i'll start the bidding for the pics of the busted grill at 10 bucks. any action? :p

Kachina26
08-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Ouch brotha! Sorry to hear that. But seriously we gotta have pics!!!!!!! :devil:

Debbolas
08-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Ouch!
I am sorry!!
My bro in law fell down (he was drunk) and knocked his two front teeth out. They gave him a "flap" until his caps were ready....

Hustler
Damn Wes I'm cringing just thinking about it, Hope your feeling better and if not tell the doc to up your perscription :rollside:

Danhercules
Thats why I say fat and drink beer. Cant get hurt doin that. :p :D

Froggystyle
08-27-2004, 02:59 PM
No pics, but thanks for the sympathy.
I am going to go take some Percocet and relax for the weekend. Let me wrist heal a little...
Have a good one everyone!

Brady Bunch
08-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Forget a picture, I am going to stop by the shop on the way home from work to point and laugh! :D
Would that be wrong? :confused:
Just kidding Wes, I feel for you!
I did the same thing to myself twice. Once on a bike, layed my face, nose and teeth right out on the road! Broke my front teeth in half. (The funniest thing was the goofy temporay caps the dentist slapped on until the crowns were ready) The 2nd time I was in a mosh pit at a GWAR concert. I got elbowed and the first repaired crowns from the 1st accident went flying! They look good now though!

mirvin
08-27-2004, 03:01 PM
WOw! Glad you're alright Froggy.
I went over the handle bars once. Still have a scar where they had to sew my nose back on........
Got hit in the mouth with a hockey stick too. Broke a tooth clean off. Not fun. I feel your pain.
Get well soon.
mirvin :messedup:

Froggystyle
08-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Forget a picture, I am going to stop by the shop on the way home from work to point and laugh! :D
I did the same thing to myself twice. Once on a bike, layed my face, nose and teeth right out on the road! Broke my front teeth in half. (The funniest thing was the goofy temporay caps the dentist slapped on until the crowns were ready) The 2nd time I was in a mosh pit at a GWAR concert. I got elbowed and the first repaired crowns from the 1st accident went flying! They look good now though!
At least you got temps! I am completely missing grille parts right now, and will be until the 13th.
I can't even shave my face is so messed up... This sucks...

Froggystyle
08-27-2004, 03:04 PM
I just bought a full face helmet though. So there is that little bit of good news.
When you mention that you want a full face helmet for cross-country riding that is light and has vents.. everyone looks at you weird.
Fortunately, the Italians make a really nice one so I ordered it from a European bike shop in London as it is unavailable in America.
No rush on the shipping... I won't be riding for a while...

Froggystyle
08-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Stop by any time. Just call ahead. We are now looking for a new assistant...

Froggystyle
08-27-2004, 03:05 PM
I am outtie.
Talk to you all later. Have a great weekend.

MagicMtnDan
08-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Hey Wes, sorry to hear about your accident. At least you were having fun up until the "fly-over."
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/ksm0236l.jpg

Drunk tank
08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Wrecked my mountain bike on Tuesday. Just getting back into the swing of the work thing today. Dental is expensive!
The short story is, I went over the bars big time, and saved my bike and helmet from damage by taking the brunt of the fall with my face into the rock garden. I fractured two teeth, broke one clean off, hurt me left hand pretty badly (badly sprained left thumb, evulsion fracture of radius) and got all manner of trail rash all over my front.
No, I won't post a picture of me looking like Cletus the Slack Jawed boat builder either... ;)
Anyone who has lost a tooth... I feel for you. The most screwed up thing is, you don't get a new one right away! It is going to be damn near a month until I can whistle again...
Like I needed tooth problems...
Guessing you're a fellow Downhill or Free Rider? Check these out http://www.cambriabike.com/helmets/azonic_apex_helmets_04.htm
One of my buddies in CO just got one... says its a whole lot lighter than most of the other full face helmets out there. Now I just gotta build up another bike... Bent my frame... and then a few weeks latter it was stolen :(
Next frame I'm gonna build http://www.covebike.com/playmate.htm

repo man
08-27-2004, 03:36 PM
http://www.steakandcheese.com/content/detail.asp?ID=12346&type=1&page=9
who needs pics igot the video!!!!

rrrr
08-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Eighth grade, a diving board, a back flip, and showing off for the girls.
That's all I have to say about that. :cry:

checkster
08-27-2004, 08:23 PM
lost all front bright whites to a curve ball that didn't break in college ball.....get used to people asking you "You a boxer or somth'n"........

superdave013
08-27-2004, 08:31 PM
I just bought a full face helmet though. So there is that little bit of good news.
When you mention that you want a full face helmet for cross-country riding that is light and has vents.. everyone looks at you weird.
Fortunately, the Italians make a really nice one so I ordered it from a European bike shop in London as it is unavailable in America.
No rush on the shipping... I won't be riding for a while...
Good move, I wear my ff just about all the time. Where you ride, yes, it would be on the bars on the climbs. A good pair of shin guards help ALOT too.
BTW, I've broken 3 full face mtb helmets in the last 2 years.
Hey Drunk Tank, you ride hu? Have a downhill bike?? A Free Ride bike will do. Going to Big Bear to hit the lifts on Sunday. Have room for another rider. Let me know.

gnarley
08-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear that Wes, but you know you could move to Lake county up here and fit right in and no one would ever think twice.

Jordy
08-27-2004, 11:12 PM
On the bright side, at least the bike and the helmet are ok. :hammer2:
Just playing bud. We'll be in SD from Friday to Sunday doing the big boat thing. Give us a call if you're in the mood.
Jordy :D

RiverKitty
08-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Oh sweetie....so sorry to hear that!!! :(
We still love you....chiklets or no chicklets! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414heart.gif
Keep your chin up....just not near any rocks! :eek: :D ;)

Froggystyle
08-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Awww thanks everyone.
Hey Drunk Tank, If you aren't hung up on Freeride, I am selling the frame I am riding now, a Specialized S-Works M5 FS. It is one of the nicest XC bikes made. Saw two in the Olympic MTB race last night. It is a little too big for me, so I just bought a Yeti ASR-SL.
Thanks for the good words everyone. Except for my teeth, I feel pretty good today.

wsuwrhr
08-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Ful face pal, full face.
Brian
Awww thanks everyone.
Hey Drunk Tank, If you aren't hung up on Freeride, I am selling the frame I am riding now, a Specialized S-Works M5 FS. It is one of the nicest XC bikes made. Saw two in the Olympic MTB race last night. It is a little too big for me, so I just bought a Yeti ASR-SL.
Thanks for the good words everyone. Except for my teeth, I feel pretty good today.

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Hey Wes, ya know......my friend said he saw you last night and snapped a pic! see attachment..
"OK....I get it"
Maybe a signal from above? :D
Seriously, hope all is well....

RiverKitty
08-28-2004, 01:40 PM
OH! That is EVIL!!! :yuk:
He is MUCH cuter than that!!! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414719drool.gif

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-28-2004, 07:39 PM
survey says?.......XXX!!
To the JOHNSON'S for the STEAL!!!!
:D