PDA

View Full Version : Reverse SPAM-New Tahoe/Yukon?

Boatcop
08-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Am shopping prices for a new (2004) Tahoe or Yukon, planning to buy in a month or so. Anyone got an "in" at the local GM dealer? Should I wait a few months for the '05s to come out to get a deal on a '04?
Don't need bells and whistles, 4 x 2 OK, no flashy interior or wheels, 3rd row seat a must.
My own financing. (Credit Union check to the dealer+ cash down payment-no trade-in)
Thanks for any help.

RiverDave
08-27-2004, 05:59 PM
There was a guy named Jason Holley I think? I think he worked for Selman chevrolet in O.C. He hooked alot of people up on here with a pretty screamin deal.
I'll do a search and see if I can find it.
RD

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Alan, send Photoglu a PM. He's the GM at a Chevy dealer here in So. Cal. From what has been reported he has been giving some peeps here on the boards some good deals. I had some questions for him and was up front about not being in the market right now but he still took the time to answer my questions.

shadow
08-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Am shopping prices for a new (2004) Tahoe or Yukon, planning to buy in a month or so. Anyone got an "in" at the local GM dealer? Should I wait a few months for the '05s to come out to get a deal on a '04?
Don't need bells and whistles, 4 x 2 OK, no flashy interior or wheels, 3rd row seat a must.
My own financing. (Credit Union check to the dealer+ cash down payment-no trade-in)
Thanks for any help.
Boatcop, sent you a PM.

CJ
08-28-2004, 02:02 PM
That's Jason Holley at Selman Chevy in Orange, 714-633-3521. He did a great job for me then Dave then a bunch o people I sent to him including a guy I sent him last night. Close to if not invoice.
Tell him that Chris Johnson sent you. He's a boater and just wants to help out his boating family.
Still loving the Chevy's Dave? Long time bro.

Steamin' Rice
08-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Like others have mentioned, get in touch with photoglou on this board.. He will take care of you.... He just got roln20's a great deal

Tommy1005
08-29-2004, 11:09 AM
05's are already out in TX, you might want to look quickly before the 04's are all gone. I'm looking at the 1/2-ton crew cab trucks, so I was at the dealership yesterday, and ofcourse the one I want is an '05, so they are looking for an 04 just like it.

roln 20s
08-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Boatcop--here is my story and I just purchased a 2004 Chevy Crew Cab 1500 through Jay Photoglou. He's got my business as long as trucks exist.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55941
Tommy-- call Jay-- I wanted and 04 (discontinued Arrival blue for 05) and thats what I got. I was told they didn't exist, and he found 6 within 5 minutes. Funny how some dealers work.
Roln 20s <----A Jay Photoglou customer for life :)

PHOTOGLOU
08-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks for any help.
Boat Cop I will hook you up. Specialize in police and boaters. 800 552 2646 x 114 monday -thursday 9:30 till 6 Friday 9:30 - 2 You won't be sorry

PHOTOGLOU
08-29-2004, 06:14 PM
05's are already out in TX, you might want to look quickly before the 04's are all gone. I'm looking at the 1/2-ton crew cab trucks, so I was at the dealership yesterday, and ofcourse the one I want is an '05, so they are looking for an 04 just like it.
I deliver to Texas also

PHOTOGLOU
08-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Thanks for any help.
Tell every ***boater what. If you call me and get a price, and end up buying from another Chevrolet dealer for any reason within 30 days ( there price might even be higher) I will personally write you a $100 check (for screwing something up) not the dealers money, MINE Now good luck Boat Cop hope you get the Tahoe you want

dean51267
08-29-2004, 06:35 PM
If you do not need a lot of help, this works great.
But I would buy one loaded up if I were buying, and DEFINATELY a 4X4 will pay for itself many times over in resale.

PHOTOGLOU
08-29-2004, 06:51 PM
If you do not need a lot of help, this works great.
But I would buy one loaded up if I were buying, and DEFINATELY a 4X4 will pay for itself many times over in resale.
4x4 loaded will be approx 48,000 MSRP after 2000 package discout and 5500 rebate about 13500 off

andy01
08-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Jason Holley at Selman has done two truck deals so far for me, and working on a third one right now.
Andy

boatnam2
08-29-2004, 07:10 PM
damm rr that money is alrerady burning a hole in your pocket.your truck is new.

riverliver
08-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Jason Holley at Selman has done two truck deals so far for me, and working on a third one right now.
Andy
You will get a better deal thur Photoglou then Selman. I have bought 5 trucks so far this from his dealership, Selman was unable to touch the price.

andy01
08-29-2004, 07:39 PM
You will get a better deal thur Photoglou then Selman. I have bought 5 trucks so far this from his dealership, Selman was unable to touch the price.
What about the other 15? :)

roln 20s
08-29-2004, 07:39 PM
I know what you're saying-- no one in Phx was within 2K. You will not be disappointed.
Roln 20s

andy01
08-29-2004, 07:41 PM
damm rr that money is alrerady burning a hole in your pocket.your truck is new.
Money shmoney............... The boat money is going for a long mail ride toward another boat............. I think. Give me a call, you still arn't going to be able to get that Sled (Lavey)j in front of me :hammer2:
Andy

Boatcop
08-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all the tips, people. I appreciate it.
Jay, expect a phone call from me this week. :)

PHOTOGLOU
08-30-2004, 06:39 AM
Thank you, When you have time. Can deliver it whenever, Test drives are a little bit of a problem though.

CatShopper
08-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Jay's a good guy to deal with.

PHOTOGLOU
08-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Thank you, When you have time. Can deliver it whenever, Test drives are a little bit of a problem though.
Alan good talking to you, Hope your happy.

Jetdriver
08-30-2004, 01:39 PM
What did you get Alan?

summerlove
08-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Alan, pay the extra few $ and get the LT (Chev) or the SLT (GMC) you will appreciate the added features. My $.02....

Boatcop
08-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Looks like the Tahoe LS.
Silver Metallic
5.3 V8
Tow Package
6 disc CD
3rd Row Seat
17" 5 Spoke Wheels
A whole bunch more amenities than I would have settled for, and a lot lower price than I was willing to go.
All it took was less than 10 minutes on the phone with Jay. Another phone call and a fax or two, and he will deliver it personally this weekend. (It helps that he's coming out for the Holiday.)
I won't go into exact financial details, but this was a SMOKIN' deal. Jay is right. He can get you the best price out there. (I know, I checked) If you can buy a car/truck for less than he can quote you, better check to make sure it's not stolen.
Thanks a ton, Jay. I'll be seeing you this weekend. :) :D :D

PHOTOGLOU
08-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Looks like the Tahoe LS.
Silver Metallic
5.3 V8
Tow Package
6 disc CD
3rd Row Seat
17" 5 Spoke Wheels
A whole bunch more amenities than I would have settled for, and a lot lower price than I was willing to go.
All it took was less than 10 minutes on the phone with Jay. Another phone call and a fax or two, and he will deliver it personally this weekend. (It helps that he's coming out for the Holiday.)
I won't go into exact financial details, but this was a SMOKIN' deal. Jay is right. He can get you the best price out there. (I know, I checked) If you can buy a car/truck for less than he can quote you, better check to make sure it's not stolen.
Thanks a ton, Jay. I'll be seeing you this weekend. :) :D :DTahoe will be at my dealership tomorrow and leave with us for our weekend in Havasu/Parker on Thursday. Alan be calling you soon. Jay

powerplay230
08-30-2004, 04:36 PM
PHOTOGLOU,
I have a different request and don't laugh too hard.. Want a 2005 Vette hardtop, my local dealer wants 5k+over sticker and 10 weeks. Any chance to do better anywhere?
Thanks,
Rick

PHOTOGLOU
08-30-2004, 04:42 PM
PHOTOGLOU,
I have a different request and don't laugh too hard.. Want a 2005 Vette hardtop, my local dealer wants 5k+over sticker and 10 weeks. Any chance to do better anywhere?
Thanks,
Rick
HARDTOP= Z-06 Cars won't be produced till approx Aug 2005. Coupe = 8 weeks and MSRP sound OK????

N2Lake
08-30-2004, 04:44 PM
I deliver to Texas also
Well if I would have known that...............
Maybe next go around.

roln 20s
08-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Looks like the Tahoe LS.
Silver Metallic
5.3 V8
Tow Package
6 disc CD
3rd Row Seat
17" 5 Spoke Wheels
Thanks a ton, Jay. I'll be seeing you this weekend. :) :D :D
I'm so glad you got a great deal too- Jay just makes it so easy. Congrats on the purchase and happy to hear about another happy customer.
Roln 20s

Boatcop
09-03-2004, 03:35 PM
What did you get Alan?
Took delivery this morning:
http://www.boatcop.com/tah1.jpg
Let me tell you. This was totally painless, swift, professional, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I called Jay to talk on Monday. Told him what I was looking for. He checked around, found the perfect vehicle (at another dealership, mind you) faxed me some paperwork, I faxed some back. He got the car the next day. Told me he was coming out this weekend, and could deliver it then, or if I needed it sooner, would arrange to have it here the next day. (Wednesday)
Friday was fine with me. He brought it by this morning, spent about 5 minutes signing papers, and it was over. Price I could only dream of.
I'll say it agin. If you need a GM, call Jay. HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU! Call him, but use his mobile (after the holiday weekend. He's busy! :D ) 714-552-0300.
You won't be sorry! :shift: :cool: :D

roln 20s
09-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Boatcop--congrats on the new ride. Glad to hear about another painless, professional and hassle free JAY PHOTOGLOU deal. It just amazes me.
Enjoy the new ride and see you on the river.
Roln 20s

CatShopper
09-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Took delivery this morning:
http://www.boatcop.com/tah1.jpg
I'll say it agin. If you need a GM, call Jay. HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU! Call him, but use his mobile (after the holiday weekend. He's busy! :D ) 714-552-0300.
You won't be sorry! :shift: :cool: :D
You mean use his cell phone because he no longer works there? I spoke with him about two weeks back when someone posted to call hime seemed like a pretty nice guy. I spoke with Jason Holly this week and got a better price. Jay is a great guy with some smoken deals, but Jason had a little better deal. Thanks for the ride Jason!!! You and Selman ROCK! BTW 2004 Tahoe.
Steve

PHOTOGLOU
09-05-2004, 02:54 PM
You mean use his cell phone because he no longer works there? I spoke with him about two weeks back when someone posted to call hime seemed like a pretty nice guy. I spoke with Jason Holly this week and got a better price. Jay is a great guy with some smoken deals, but Jason had a little better deal. Thanks for the ride Jason!!! You and Selman ROCK! BTW 2004 Tahoe.
Steveoops how did that happen? Jason is a great guy. Sorry if price wasn't the lowest but congrats on the new Chevy.

PHOTOGLOU
09-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Boatcop--congrats on the new ride. Glad to hear about another painless, professional and hassle free JAY PHOTOGLOU deal. It just amazes me.
Enjoy the new ride and see you on the river.
Roln 20s
Thanks for the referals, and I am moving to Power Chevrolet in Corona same smokin deals just gonna be easier to deliver to the O.C. Riverside and S.B. people.
P.S. Are you still in for the San Diego run???

PHOTOGLOU
09-05-2004, 03:07 PM
oops how did that happen? Jason is a great guy. His number is 714-633-3521 and besure to get a price from me too 714-552-0300 you won't be sorry. We both know our stuff and cater to boaters. Catshopper Sorry if price wasn't the lowest but congrats on the new Chevy.
sorry should have used edit

Flying Tiger
09-05-2004, 04:15 PM
You should be getting at least 7 grand off sticker, and if ya have good credit,, excellent, very low interest financing in addition to any rebates. Though advertising says one or the other,, ya can press for both..
I have one friend getting ready to buy,, and so far that's what the dealer is talking.
GM announced plans to cut back production,, so these deals may not be around long as supplies dry up..
Remember: If you're launching boats, ya want the posi diff.

roln 20s
09-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the referals, and I am moving to Power Chevrolet in Corona same smokin deals just gonna be easier to deliver to the O.C. Riverside and S.B. people.
P.S. Are you still in for the San Diego run???
If its still alright with you, I'm in for SanDiego with a buddy. Lets talk this week, hopefully get that SS stuff, and then talk about SD--I can't wait.
Roln 20s

riverbound
09-05-2004, 05:54 PM
I just recently bought a tahoe from jay and I will never buy another vehicle from anyone but him. The whole deal was painless, we got a killer price and the service was awesome. He even delivered it to us the next day and took our trade in (the truck was not clean enough for his standards so he had it detailed ofr us) I am a Ford guy but as long as Jay is selling Chevy's that is what I am buying. I have many friends that have bought cars from Jay over the years and have never heard anyone complain about him. If my Superduty ever dies My next tow vehicle will be from him.

PHOTOGLOU
09-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Jay's a good guy to deal with.
If I remember correctly we talk the morning of the 30th then I walked into work on the 31st fed up with the owner on the issue of advertising and supporting boating and boating events and left work the same day. Full story to follow, Jason is a great guy Selman is a great place.

PHOTOGLOU
09-05-2004, 09:37 PM
If its still alright with you, I'm in for SanDiego with a buddy. Lets talk this week, hopefully get that SS stuff, and then talk about SD--I can't wait.
Roln 20s
We will talk Tues. and thanks for the signature line!!!!!!!!! Alan can you get off Sept 17th - 19th??? 130 MPH????