PDA

View Full Version : I just heard that ILLEGALS may get..

ROZ
08-27-2004, 10:47 PM
driver's license in Californitzstan!!! Passed the senate AND assembly :lightsabe :mad: :mad: :mad:
Arnold has to be at the GOP convention, so there's a chance he may not be here to veto it! Bustamante(bustamecha) may sign it in.... WE're screwed!!!

ROZ
08-27-2004, 10:49 PM
more like were DOOMED!!!

Kilrtoy
08-27-2004, 10:52 PM
THAT IS BULLSHIT

WetWillie
08-27-2004, 11:05 PM
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/2806-4100-70210.jpg

INXS
08-28-2004, 01:41 AM
that some s. Cal. hospitals are closeing their emergency rooms do to the large # of illegals comming in for care and not paying?

BigBoyToys
08-28-2004, 05:01 AM
Ain't gonna happen. Arnold is gonna veto it. Here's the deal;
"Schwarzenegger to veto immigrant driver's license bill
By JIM WASSERMAN, Associated Press Writer
Last Updated 1:00 am PDT Saturday, August 28, 2004
SACRAMENTO (AP) - In the face of certain veto from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, the state Legislature voted Friday to let an estimated 2 million illegal immigrant adults apply for California driver's licenses.
Schwarzenegger immediately renewed his pledge to veto the bill, calling it national security issue.
"The way it was passed it has no distinguishing characteristic and the governor has been consistent, saying the No. 1 issue we have to worry about is national security," said Schwarzenegger spokeswoman Margita Thompson.
The Senate's bare majority 21-14 vote and a 42-35 vote in the Assembly comes nine months after both voted to repeal a similar law signed by Gov. Gray Davis in the face of polls showing widespread opposition, just weeks before Davis' recall from office last fall.
Schwarzenegger, who campaigned last year against licenses for illegal immigrants and then pushed lawmakers to repeal the law during his first weeks in office, vowed repeatedly to reject any license legislation that doesn't identify immigrant drivers as different from citizens."

Havasu Hangin'
08-28-2004, 05:06 AM
driver's license in Californitzstan!
So are you mad because all your relatives are gonna show up on your doorstep now? :notam:

BigBoyToys
08-28-2004, 05:12 AM
But, either way, it will eventually get passed, along with Gay Marriages in CA. California has gotten outta hand with all the BS laws. I can name a bunch but everyone will learn sooner or later. Just wait until ya get hurt on the Job and see what the California Workers Comp reform has done.....I am currently in that situation and it comes right down to a royal screwing of the little guy (Injured Worker). When they say $hit rolls downhill, they ain't kidding. :mad: If you're ever hurt on the job in CA anymore, expect to end up in Bankruptcy Court, and no retraining anymore (Vocational Rehabilitation is no more). And the Affirmative action crap, BS too! My wife has already been discriminated against because of affirmitive action, where she applied for a job but even though she was more qualified than the other 2 applicants, the company hired the minority just because they had to meet their Affirmitive Action "Quota". (And yes, she was told that from the supervisor of the company)
It (The laws in CA, old, new, and pending) has gotten so far outta hand that we are leaving the State as soon as we can (Probably in June 2005) and headed for a State that's more "people friendly" with less BS laws and more freedoms and rights for Americans that are actually born here.

cave
08-28-2004, 05:56 AM
Hope Cali doesn't end up like Tucson AZ. Most Trama centers have gone belly up.
Only way to stop this is to go after the persons hiring them. Like this will ever happen.
You cant blame people for wanting a better life. You can take away the rights of these trators that hire them. Take away their wealth, there freedom, there rights to be a US citizen & maybe 5 solid years in Fulsom. Maybe that will work. Unless their a HOTO madicon. They may like the lights out effects
Has anyone ever asked why the government hasn't gone after the business owners who hire them there in California?
We have a couple of future senate candidates who are making this part of their political platform. One has my vote!!!
You all in Cali best learn Spangalish like me. Just to be safe.

wsuwrhr
08-28-2004, 06:39 AM
Quit shopping at shit stores like WalMart, and try not to buy goods made in foreign countries if something comparable is made in the US.
Brian
Only way to stop this is to go after the persons hiring them. Like this will ever happen.
You cant blame people for wanting a better life. You can take away the rights of these trators that hire them. Take away their wealth, there freedom, there rights to be a US citizen & maybe 5 solid years in Fulsom. Maybe that will work. Unless their a HOTO madicon. They may like the lights out effects
Has anyone ever asked why the government hasn't gone after the business owners who hire them there in California?
We have a couple of future senate candidates who are making this part of their political platform. One has my vote!!!

AzDon
08-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Hopefully those licenses will say right on them "illegal alien", obligating police agencies to arrest them when they are stopped....... Isn't California requiring an applicant to bring an insured vehicle to test drive in?
IMO, any time a vehicle is stopped without proof of insurance, it should be impounded and the driver's license confiscated and not returned unless they can prove that insurance was in effect!

FRENCHIE
08-28-2004, 07:18 AM
im moving ....to mexico!! :D

cave
08-28-2004, 07:26 AM
from what I read you already do :D J/K I miss Cali / Mexi cali :D

AzDon
08-28-2004, 07:30 AM
I'm not for decriminalizing the act of sneaking across the border, but I really do like the idea of making it a felony with confiscatory fines for hiring illegals. In order to be fair about this, however, there would have to be a foolproof way to identify citizens that cannot be counterfeited! It could be as easy as making SS numbers verifiable on the internet to a licensed and bonded third party that an employer would check his applicants with.

Rexone
08-28-2004, 07:37 AM
im moving ....to mexico!! :D
No need. Mexico's moving to you.
See sig. :mad:

Rexone
08-28-2004, 07:41 AM
What really sucks is for all the immigrants who take the time and effort imagrate here legally through the proper channels. What incentive is there left for them to continue doing this when our immigration laws are treated as a farce by our government.
Not only is it a major SECURITY THREAT (hello GW), but it is driving CA and other states bankrupt. GW and most all other politicians are idiots on this issue. This problem will bite this country hard before its over.

AzDon
08-28-2004, 08:18 AM
The real problem with illegals is that they come here and work TOO CHEAP!! By their numbers, they create an oversupply of cheap, willing help, and then guess what? They find that their income is below the threshholds to qualify for assistance programs.
This is really tied closer to my "living wage" rant than most people imagine! It's all (half) financed by businesses who've priced themselves into dependence on cheap labor and those businessmen are often the most resentful that the taxpayers would make up the other half. Any businessman that pays less than living wages should thank the taxpayers for the subsidy or just shut up!

steelcomp
08-28-2004, 08:31 AM
driver's license in Californitzstan!!! Passed the senate AND assembly :lightsabe :mad: :mad: :mad:
Arnold has to be at the GOP convention, so there's a chance he may not be here to veto it! Bustamante(bustamecha) may sign it in.... WE're screwed!!!
Welcome to the left coast

Misogynist
08-28-2004, 10:53 AM
I say, "We as Americans have the right to secure borders".... Arrest the illegal immigrants.... give them the choice.... $50,000.00 dollar fine.... or 2 years in a work camp digging the biggest trench from Tijuana to Metamoros...... Then ... when they have worked the two years... toss their A$$es back to where they came from....5 years before they can apply for immigration.... if they get caught again here illegally.... 5 years work camp duty.... permanent ban from immigration and they get tossed after the 5 years.... caught again.... 10 years work camp... that just might discourage them from running across the border....
Plan two.... If Mexico continues to breed "weapons of mass destruction"... we invade them and take over their country.... why not?.... they have all moved here.... make Mexico the 51st state... and start straightening out their country for them.... :hammer2:

dgie
08-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Well this is why I would never live in California again. While I lived there for 12 years I seen the problems that exist there with illegal immigration. I went to a job interview one time while I lived there for some job to work in the evenings. The hiring manager told me flat out that they do not hire Americans for the job, they hire illegal aliens for the simple fact that they can pay them much less. My jay dropped when she told me this. I remember also the big proposition 187 that was supposed to save the state,,,hmm what happened to that? Well I live here in Texas now and we do have illegal immigration, however I do not think it is even close to the problems that face California, except on the boarder towns, they can have them though. In California the problem is so bad that is not too uncommon to see the illegal's rush the border at TJ I seen it happen myself once, knowing they can not catch everyone. Funny thing I was fighting to get into their country to get a Corona for 75 cents and they were rushing to my country to get a job.....

Ion
08-28-2004, 11:02 AM
I say, "We as Americans have the right to secure borders".... Arrest the illegal immigrants.... give them the choice.... $50,000.00 dollar fine.... or 2 years in a work camp digging the biggest trench from Tijuana to Metamoros...... Then ... when they have worked the two years... toss their A$$es back to where they came from....5 years before they can apply for immigration.... if they get caught again here illegally.... 5 years work camp duty.... permanent ban from immigration and they get tossed after the 5 years.... caught again.... 10 years work camp... that just might discourage them from running across the border....
Plan two.... If Mexico continues to breed "weapons of mass destruction"... we invade them and take over their country.... why not?.... they have all moved here.... make Mexico the 51st state... and start straightening out their country for them.... :hammer2:
...furthermore, we should charge them (illegals) the same hospital fees we have to pay for child birth. I believe the going rate is about $10 grand, and then NOT make the female and her squirt naturalized American citizens WITH handouts forever! WTF!!!! If they can't pay the fee, pick any of the above suggestions in lieu of money.

Krazy K
08-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Isn't IRAQ going to be our 51st state?? GW already has poured over 100 billion into it instead of America!!

Dr. Eagle
08-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Isn't IRAQ going to be our 51st state?? GW already has poured over 100 billion into it instead of America!!
How much did we pour into europe after WWII? :confused: