PDA

View Full Version : Got a radar speeding ticket, any way to

throwerb
08-31-2004, 03:48 PM
Beat it. I was going north on 395 20mi before Independance, CHP was going south and said she had me going 85 and I couldn't have been going more than 84, and was not towing. Anyone ever beat one of these, haven't had a ticket in 10 years. :(

Boozer
08-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Beat it. I was going north on 395 20mi before Independance, CHP was going south and said she had me going 85 and I couldn't have been going more than 84, and was not towing. Anyone ever beat one of these, haven't had a ticket in 10 years. :(
Take it to court. Call the police department everyday and figure out the cops schedule. Reschedule court for the cops day off. 95% chance he wont show up. He doesnt show up to court and the ticket gets dropped.

ratso
08-31-2004, 03:50 PM
I just paid one. Hadn't had a ticket in 2 years. I'm taking defensive driving...

Dr. Eagle
08-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Bottom line, I think your DOOOOOOOOOOMED!
I got one from a CHP on special enforcement duty (two officers in the car) for going 79 (real speed 85) in a 55 zone. Ended up copping a plea for traffic school... and never went. :D

Kilrtoy
08-31-2004, 03:53 PM
Bottom line, I think your DOOOOOOOOOOMED!
I got one from a CHP on special enforcement duty (two officers in the car) for going 79 (real speed 85) in a 55 zone. Ended up copping a plea for traffic school... and never went. :D
YOU'REDOOMED
EASY, SLOW DOWN AND YOU WILL NEVER GET ONE

Jordy
08-31-2004, 03:53 PM
If you haven't had one in 10 years, I'd say go to school.
84 is 84 and I know that's not the speed limit anywhere. You could take your chances with the smokescreens, trying to create doubt, question the accuracy of the radar, hope the officer doesn't show up, but they know these tricks and you're banking on a rather small percent of a sucess rate. Plus if you lose you don't get the option for traffic school.
Just my $.02. I have had my fair share of tickets and have won twice as many as I lost so I figure it's about time for it all to catch up to me. Going to play Joe Law Abiding Citizen for a while. ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
08-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Take it to court. Call the police department everyday and figure out the cops schedule. Reschedule court for the cops day off. 95% chance he wont show up. He doesnt show up to court and the ticket gets dropped.
I don't know about that. If it is their day off they get OT for going to court. Easy money.

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 04:01 PM
I did it one way..It's called A Trail De Novo...I think thats it..It's complicated..but if you are good at writing..and you are truly innocent or u think you can convince a judge...try it..it will delay the fee..and if you do lose this way you still have the oppurtunity to take it to court..this is the only way possible to get two try's to win a ticket. Its a lot to explain so type it in a search engine..and you will see what I am saying..Not many people know of it.

AzDon
08-31-2004, 04:02 PM
There are ways to beat speeding tickets enforced with radar in Cal..... Unfortunately, none of them work on "over maximum speed" tickets.
Were there others speeding ahead of or around you? If you were the first or only one there, I doubt the case is winnable.
If you intend to drive like that very much, I suggest you get a Passport 8500 microwave indicator. It identifies K and KA bands at about two miles over bumpy, twisted terrain and as much as six miles in the desert. It works so good that you will believe that it "falsed" before you see the patrol car the first few times you use it! Radar detectors are completely legal in automobiles. The downside is the price ($300) but I suspect that one ticket will cost that much when your new insurance rates are factored!
Four other words you might consider if you have a case: trial by written declaration...... cop is asked to submit a case in writing and some won't!
Judge has to consider the merits of your written case in it's entirety because you are not there for him to interrupt and obfuscate.......Cleverly written, it can express the alternate vibe of expressing limited guilty-ness and rationalize a lower fine or express interest in traffic school. I beat a $1000 parking ticket by written declaration by explaining that the cop mispercieved my non-presence near the trailer AND that he wrote a section that applied to residential districts..... not where he wrote the ticket!

Kilrtoy
08-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Ok so what you are saying is do a written trial by declaration and if you lose go to court in person. Now they(COPS) have your words in writing to use against you at your trial.....NICE

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 04:06 PM
If you lose you can still go to school... Just before the judge gives his final judgment tell him or her that you want to change your plea to Guilty or No Contest. Shit, you already lost by now, admit it and go to school and remove it from your record.
Worked for me. I fought a ticket for about 30 minutes before I realized I was DOOOMED... Changed my plea, dropped my fine and got school. :D :D
Forensic
This is incorrect..to a point..once you choose to fight the ticket...you wave all rights..you cannot attend traffic school afterwards. I dont know if you changed during the process..but once you go through with it..it's done.

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Ok so what you are saying is do a written trial by declaration and if you lose go to court in person. Now they(COPS) have your words in writing to use against you at your trial.....NICE
It worked for me..on this one I was on the 10 towing my boat back from havazoo. I was not speeding.. I had witnesses..and he did not show me the calabration cert..when I asked. Its worth a shot..

Jordy
08-31-2004, 04:09 PM
This is incorrect..to a point..once you choose to fight the ticket...you wave all rights..you cannot attend traffic school afterwards. I dont know if you changed during the process..but once you go through with it..it's done.
I was just thinking it would nice if you could do it that way, fight it, take your chances and if it doesn't work out do the school. Then everyone would fight their tickets as they have nothing to lose, then the courts would be even more back logged than they are now.
I know it doesn't work that way here. :(

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 04:13 PM
lol..I thought it was that way until I did it..and lost. But the judge dropped half of the fee...so that was cool. but man I did pay for it on insurance.

Kilrtoy
08-31-2004, 04:15 PM
and he did not show me the calabration cert..when I asked. Its worth a shot..
This must be something new, you can make the police show you there certificates and if they dont you can go to court and win, I will try that one next time I go to court on a ticket. I hope this works...

BADBLOWN572
08-31-2004, 04:18 PM
If you are going to fight it, go to court and hopefully the officer won't show up. If he does, when the officer says that he got you on radar, ask for the calibration certification reccords. If the officer doesn't have them, say that there is no evidence that the radar is correct and that you move for dismissal. Chances are, the judge will say that the reccords are not required, then respond that without the reccords, there is no way to prove that the officer's radar is correct and in our court system it is innocent until PROVEN guilty. Without the reccords, they can not prove that the radar is correct and therefore, they can not prove that you were speeding. There is also no way that an officer can accurately determine your speed heading in the opposite direction so that argument is thrown out. If all else fails, accept traffic school.
I did that one time and lost the case, I appealed it and the judgment was overturned by the appeals court. :)

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 04:21 PM
and he did not show me the calabration cert..when I asked. Its worth a shot..
This must be something new, you can make the police show you there certificates and if they dont you can go to court and win, I will try that one next time I go to court on a ticket. I hope this works...
Yup its true..my friends dad is long beach s.w.a.t and his brother is lbpd..They do not have to show the radar gun to you..but if asked they have to show the calibration cert..stating it was tested and up to par..another way which they told me to win a ticket before issued is..well its a long shot..but if your on a street say with a speed limit of 35mph but u think it should be 40 or 45..ask to see when the street was last zoned (the last speed rading) if its over a certain time period or he does not know he is not suppost to be able to give u a ticket...if so u can fight it..but like I said never tried it..and its a long shot...but it is something else to make him think twice when he is giving u a ticket.

Jordy
08-31-2004, 04:21 PM
My last ticket, over a year ago, was one where I got pulled over by a marked Phoenix police car on a freeway. Said he paced me at 75 mph in a 55 as I went "blowing by him."
The reality of it was I did pass him, but he was doing a little better than 50 and I was doing under 60 in very light traffic. He had a passenger with him who verified his story. I paid for a "Get out of a ticket guaranteed or your money back" book and it went through the steps of beating a pace ticket. I went in there knowing to ask for the maintenance records, the tire sizes, date of last speedo certification, and on and on. The officer presented all of that before I ever got a chance to ask him when I was presenting my case. The passenger who was with him was another officer on a ride along and they both lied their asses off. I could have gone to traffic school, but thought I wouldn't get railroaded like I did. Oh well, live and learn. :frown:
He was the epitimy of the little man with a badge. He had to stand on his tip toes to reach up into my window to hand me the ticket. That ticket is off my insurance now but he's still short. Looks like I get the last laugh. :D

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 04:23 PM
one more thing..if on a freeway a cop has to track you for a minimum of 1 mile upon using the radar to make sure it is accurate and it is u that is speeding.

Jordy
08-31-2004, 04:24 PM
There is also no way that an officer can accurately determine your speed heading in the opposite direction so that argument is thrown out.
They do it all the time in Arizona. Highway Patrol nails people regularly on 2 lane roads going the other direction because the citizen doesn't slow down for whatever reason. Happens in Nevada too between Laughlin and Vegas. Nevada Highway Patrol writes all kinds of tickets on that road doing that exact thing. ;)

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 04:25 PM
My last ticket, over a year ago, was one where I got pulled over by a marked Phoenix police car on a freeway. Said he paced me at 75 mph in a 55 as I went "blowing by him."
The reality of it was I did pass him, but he was doing a little better than 50 and I was doing under 60 in very light traffic. He had a passenger with him who verified his story. I paid for a "Get out of a ticket guaranteed or your money back" book and it went through the steps of beating a pace ticket. I went in there knowing to ask for the maintenance records, the tire sizes, date of last speedo certification, and on and on. The officer presented all of that before I ever got a chance to ask him when I was presenting my case. The passenger who was with him was another officer on a ride along and they both lied their asses off. I could have gone to traffic school, but thought I wouldn't get railroaded like I did. Oh well, live and learn. :frown:
He was the epitimy of the little man with a badge. He had to stand on his tip toes to reach up into my window to hand me the ticket. That ticket is off my insurance now but he's still short. Looks like I get the last laugh. :D
In AZ..A cop can tell u to go to hell, when asked to show the calabration cert. they are not required to. I learned this from the guy I bought my new boat from..he works for pheoniz PD.

Jordy
08-31-2004, 04:27 PM
They have to show it just like everyone else as it is the basis of proving their case. It's Arizona law. ;)
Oh, and one more thing, I don't put a lot of weight and faith in what cops say regarding the law. They know a minimal amount of law. If that wasn't the case you wouldn't have to go to court and have it heard by a judge, and depending on the circumstances, prosecuted by an attorney. Cops make mistakes all the time.
If you want to try some kind of argument to get out of a ticket, and it will either work or get you in really hot water, make the argument at a bench trial that the judge can't act as an impartial trier of fact as the judge of the case while at the same time conducting the case for the state, that is, asking questions of the state's witnesses, such as the officers invovled. :D

Kilrtoy
08-31-2004, 04:27 PM
WOW, Im gonna speed all over the place now that the arm chair lawyers have spoken and only on the freeway for under 1 mile. Man I have free reign on the streets now.....
Just call me a speeder armed with knowledge. Do I need to ask for their POST certificate also.....

BADBLOWN572
08-31-2004, 04:33 PM
They do it all the time in Arizona. Highway Patrol nails people regularly on 2 lane roads going the other direction because the citizen doesn't slow down for whatever reason. Happens in Nevada too between Laughlin and Vegas. Nevada Highway Patrol writes all kinds of tickets on that road doing that exact thing. ;)
In California an officer's estimation is not admissable in court. The officer can not accurately determine a speed going in the opposite direction, without the use of electronic devices, so it cant be used. The officer has to be extremely accurate in terms of speed and a "I guess their speed was" or "I know they were speeding, but no idea what speed they were going" doesn't work. Radar, pacing, or laser are the only things that can be used in court in CA.

Jordy
08-31-2004, 04:34 PM
They use their radar guns heading right at you and it holds up in court in Arizona. :cool:
They either set their cruise control at a set speed, say 60 mph. Whatever pops up on that gun, say 140 mph, means that you're doing 80. I'm going to go so far as to say that some even have a deal that does the math for them, as in, is wired into the car and calculates the officer's speed and does the math internally, so no subtraction is necessary. The speed you are going just shows up on their radar. No estimating here.

Boatcop
08-31-2004, 04:37 PM
There are ways to get out of a radar ticket. Usually you can ask the officer to provide calibration certificates, maintenance records, and calibration charts, as was suggested. But also ask the Officer to provide his records of certification for that particular model. Police Officers must be certified on each model before they can use them for traffic enforcement.
If he isn't certified, the certification has elapsed, or he cannot produce the proof of his certification, the judge must dismiss the charge.
This has gotten many people out of radar tickets. (My Mom included.) But usually they were issued by County Sheriff's, small town police, etc. where the officer doesn't really do much radar work, and forgets what he needs for court.
But CHP does this for a living. They go to court all the time on radar tickets and are very proficient in preparing their case. So that method may not work.
Take your chances? Maybe. But it's not just the fine that's involved in speeding tickets. It's those points on the license and associated insurance premium increases.
If you can attend traffic school and keep the violation off your record, it'll be well worth the inconvenience and whatever fee is involved. A speeding ticket can amount to thousands of dollars in higher insurance premiums over the 5 years it stays on your record.

Boatcop
08-31-2004, 04:51 PM
And on a follow up to other posts, in Arizona the officer has to state that he estimated the speed as XX miles per hour, and that estimation was confirmed (within a few MPH) by radar.
Part of our training and certifiction on radar is countless hours of speed estimation. Once we become proficient at the estimation, we are then allwoed to use the radar.
Me? I can't stand using it. I think it's a crutch. It was actually brought about and forced into use by defense attorneys who argued that an officer can't acurately estimate speed. They also are responsible for laser, VASCAR, and other increases in technology, as they continue to argue that whatever the device de jour is, is inaccurate.
It's funny how the average person can stand on a corner, watch a speeding car go by and comment "Wow. That guy was hauling ass." Or see someone stagger down the street or weave in traffic, and say "Boy, that guy's wasted."
But for trained professionals, we have to have precise measurements before we can say the same thing.

voodoomedman
08-31-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah what Alan said. Don't go up against CHP. There are no banks on freeways to be robbed. They mainly do traffic stops and chases and stuff. They always go to court and always beat you. The same with city cops on motorcycles. They are on motorcycles because they are assigned to traffic detail and can sit unnoticed on the side of the street in them. They too always show up and beat you.

dean51267
08-31-2004, 05:13 PM
Buy a GOOD radar detector, the best o nthe market is the Valentine one, abut $400, a lot of money, but a hell of a lot less than the long term cost of even one ticket.
Second, learn to drive, do nto weave in or out of trafice, ease around slower vehicles,
Third, do not drive a visual magnet, attention is bad
Fourth hire a discusing, hungry lawyer who will fight like hell for small matters..
Most importantly remember, this gonna cost you a WHOLE HEII OF A LOT OF MONEY long term. Fight like hell, and learn to avoid them...

Jordy
08-31-2004, 05:14 PM
They use their radar guns heading right at you and it holds up in court in Arizona. :cool:
They either set their cruise control at a set speed, say 60 mph. Whatever pops up on that gun, say 140 mph, means that you're doing 80. I'm going to go so far as to say that some even have a deal that does the math for them, as in, is wired into the car and calculates the officer's speed and does the math internally, so no subtraction is necessary. The speed you are going just shows up on their radar. No estimating here.
So I did a little research here and lo and behold:
http://www.decaturradar.com/images/i_gen1-1.jpg
Since it's introduction in 1991, the Genesis I™ has become the industry standard for high-performance police radar. This supremely engineered unit, which features stationary and opposite direction moving modes of operation, has three display windows: target speed, target speed lock and patrol speed. Genesis I™ is compatible with X or K-band antennas. The computer unit measures 6.50 inches wide x 1.75 inches high x 3.75 inches deep (16.3 cm wide x 4.5 cm high x 9.5 cm deep).
Computer Unit
The Genesis I™ uses proven processing techniques to identify and track targets. The display unit shows target, target lock and patrol speeds. Indicator lights show distance range settings and active antenna (front or rear). A photo cell automatically controls the brightness of the display.
Rear Panel
The Genesis I™ rear panel comes standard with a front antenna port. You can add a rear antenna port, an RS232 communications port and an RS485 auxiliary communications port. All ports use quick-release cable connectors.
Antennas
The Genesis I™ high-performance K-band antennas are small and durable. You can connect a front antenna only, or both front and rear antennas.
Remote Control
The remote control is designed to fit comfortably in your hand and has front antenna, rear antenna, and speed lock buttons.
That is the bottom of the line unit. They have more deluxe models that will do moving traffic going with the patrol car in traffic, either in front or behind the car. No estimations here.
Don't believe me:
http://www.decaturradar.com/listitems.php?List_Prod=4
From what I found Decatur is one of the biggest sellers out there for law enforcement radar.
Stalker is another big one. From their webpage at www.stalkerradar.com :
http://www.stalkerradar.com/images/dual_diagram.gif
Direction Speed Monitoring
With two antennas, the Stalker DUAL SL?s moving mode can track vehicles in four directions:
• In Front of the Patrol Moving the Same Direction
• In Front of the Patrol Approaching in the Opposite Direction
• Behind the Patrol Moving in the Same Direction
• Behind the Patrol Receding in the Opposite Direction

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah what Alan said. Don't go up against CHP. There are no banks on freeways to be robbed. They mainly do traffic stops and chases and stuff. They always go to court and always beat you. The same with city cops on motorcycles. They are on motorcycles because they are assigned to traffic detail and can sit unnoticed on the side of the street in them. They too always show up and beat you.
As long as there not hiding..and depends on what type of un noticed your talking about...because that would be entrapment. :D

Jordy
08-31-2004, 05:22 PM
As long as there not hiding..and depends on what type of un noticed your talking about...because that would be entrapment. :D
Entrapment means that the only reason you're doing it is because the officer made you do something that you wouldn't have otherwise done. If they're behind you in an unmarked car pacing you driving over the speed limit, that's not entrapment.
If they are riding 2' off your bumper in the same unmarked car, honking the horn and flashing their lights, waving a pistol around, and making you try to get away from them, that would probably count as entrapment. ;)

Kilrtoy
08-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Common, The police only entrap black people, they are fair to everyone else just ask johnny COCK-RAN
Jordy, i always thought you were the man, Now I know you are the MAN....

Jordy
08-31-2004, 05:24 PM
Jordy, i always thought you were the man, Now I know you are the MAN....
I have my moments. Guess I should have gone to law school after all instead of just applying and then deciding against it. :D

RacerX
Speaking based on my experiences and **ONLY** for San Diego County...
* CHP officers fail to show up in court more often than "city" cops
* Radar tickets are hardly EVER lost. I've never seen one in 18 years. The
officers calibrate those things every day and have their "radar testimony"
down to a science.
* "Maximum speed" tickets are the easiet to prove. The officer doesn't have
to prove you were doing 85, she just has to prove you were doing 66 to
win the case.
* You can do a trial by declaration, lose, and still fight it in court. The judge
does NOT read the declaration.
* You CAN still go to traffic school if you fight the ticket and lose. It's all up
to the judge/commissioner. They basically do whatever they want and are
VERY lenient down here. We have one guy that changes to violation
charged on his own to be "nice"....

Kilrtoy
Try this one, I HEARD IT ALWAYS WORKS
While I was flying down the road yesterday (only 15 mph over) I noticed a cop with a radar gun sitting on top of a bridge. Naturally, he pulled me over, walked up to the car and asked me, "What's the hurry?"
I replied, "I'm late for work."
Oh yeah," said the cop. "What do you do?"
I'm a rectum stretcher," I responded.
The cop said, "What?.... A rectum stretcher? What does a rectum stretcher DO?" I said, "Well, I start with one finger, then I work my way up to two fingers, then three, then four, then my whole hand.
Then I work until I can get both hands in there, and then I slowly stretch it until it's about 6 foot wide." The cop asked me, "What the hell do you do with a 6 foot ass hole?" I simply replied, "You give him a radar gun and park him on top of a bridge....."

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 05:30 PM
Entrapment means that the only reason you're doing it is because the officer made you do something that you wouldn't have otherwise done. If they're behind you in an unmarked car pacing you driving over the speed limit, that's not entrapment.
If they are riding 2' off your bumper in the same unmarked car, honking the horn and flashing thier lights, waving a pistol around, and making you try to get away from them, that would probably count as entrapment. ;)
If an officer is sitting behind a tree or wall using the radar to where you cannot see him, from the direction where you are coming that is also entrapment.

Jordy
08-31-2004, 05:32 PM
If an officer is sitting behind a tree or wall using the radar to where you cannot see him, from the direction where you are coming that is also entrapment.
No it's not. In order for it to be entrapment the officer must have instigated you in some way to do something that you wouldn't normally have done and break the law. Look it up.
I'll save you the trouble. Here you go:
The 'Lectric Law Library's Lexicon On
* Entrapment *
ENTRAPMENT - A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit; and the law as a matter of policy forbids conviction in such a case.
However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a Government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informer or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.
On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.
In slightly different words: Even though someone may have [sold drugs], as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three things occurred:
- First, the idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.
- Second, the government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.
- And third, the person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him.
On the issue of entrapment the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was not entrapped by government agents.

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 05:34 PM
No it's not. In order for it to be entrapment the officer must have instigated you in some way to do something that you wouldn't normally have done and break the law. Look it up.
I realize that and I know that part..As well this is also considered entrapment. It has been used in many cases.

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 05:36 PM
I must say though you are on your game..lol

Jordy
08-31-2004, 05:36 PM
I realize that you're 21 and know everything, but why don't you look up and read the definition of entrapment. It's the same everywhere. But I'll tell you what, when you get a speeding ticket like you described, let me know, make sure you fight it using "entrapment" as a defense. I'd like to come watch. It's fun to watch judges lose their composure and laugh their asses off. :hammerhea

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 05:39 PM
I realize that you're 21 and know everything, but why don't you look up and read the definition of entrapment. It's the same everywhere. But I'll tell you what, when you get a speeding ticket like you described, let me know, make sure you fight it using "entrapment" as a defense. I'd like to come watch. It's fun to watch judges lose their composure and laugh their asses off. :hammerhea
typical adult...Always implying that a young adult knows everything..Please I never implied that I did..and also I know a hell of alot of young adults that know a hell of lot more than adults..I simply stated what I have seen, and what has been done..so dont throw the age thing in..its freakin stupid.

Hallz
08-31-2004, 05:40 PM
if you have the time, go to court and see if they will drop the fine and ask for trafic school on line. (you gan get through it in 15-45 minn if you understand he laws.
If you do not have the time. send in he fine and ask for trafiic school. Take it on line and be done.
Chalk it up to 10 years of speeding with only one ticket. I get one about every 2 years. The Valintine one was worth the $400! But their is nothig thats 100%
Good luck!
Buy the way, I do not know anyone that has beat a speeding ticket without a lawer. $200 -$400 for the ticket and trafic school or $500+ and all your time.

Jordy
08-31-2004, 05:43 PM
typical adult...Always implying that a young adult knows everything..Please I never implied that I did..and also I know a hell of alot of young adults that know a hell of lot more than adults..I simply stated what I have seen, and what has been done..so dont throw the age thing in..its freakin stupid.
I'm just trying to give you some advice so you don't walk into court and claim entrapment. But apparently you already know everything. I know I did when I was your age. Then again, I was pre-law and looking at law schools. But what the **** do I know right?
Knock yourself out on your next ticket junior. :rolleyes:
It's kind of funny that at 21 you still refer to yourself as a young adult. I know I was an adult the day I turned 18. You can't have it both ways, that is, know everything and still claim the young adult deal, while referring to me as a "typical adult." I'm not that much older in the scheme of things and can guarantee that I won way more tickets than I ever lost. Just make sure you let us know how your entrapment defense works on your next ticket. :D

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 05:45 PM
I appreciate the help and correction...Im Not trying to be a dick or anything..but when and adult throws the age card in it pisses me off. It's immature. I love debating and talking about issue's. I am not the average punk kid. Whom this would probaly take effect upon. No worries though.

Jordy
08-31-2004, 05:46 PM
Always implying that a young adult knows everything..Please I never implied that I did...
It's your story. You obviously know that entrapment is a motor officer hiding out of sight of the speeders that he is looking to cite. You do know it all. :D

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 05:48 PM
I do refer to myself as an adult, but being 21 most would say I was a young adult and often implied. I take responseibilty for all my actions, I do not depend on other's to bail me out..I work full time and go to school full time. Most still wouldnt see nor consider that as being an adult because I am 21.

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 05:50 PM
It's your story. You obviously know that entrapment is a motor officer hiding out of sight of the speeders that he is looking to cite. You do know it all. :D
All I am saying is that I have seen that defense used. And have heard it many times before.

Jordy
08-31-2004, 05:52 PM
All I am saying is that I have seen that defense used. And have heard it many times before.
You said alot more than that. In fact, that's not what you said at all. You said it is entrapment. Not quite the same thing.
Oh, and I'm sure people use it all the time. The judge just laughs, and they pay the nice lady behind the counter on their way out of the court and head out for their next fast driving award. ;)

Jordy
08-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Hmm, I don't see where you've heard of that being used. I see "that is also entrapment." :idea:

Kilrtoy
08-31-2004, 05:53 PM
WHAt that cop behind the treein the citizens drive way is IN-TRAP-MENT, Im calling JOHNNY COCK-RAN. I was violated......
So lets see spend 500 on a lawyer or pay the ticket what is it125-195 and traffic school 25 for a total of MAX 220,,
220 and traffic school no points on my record
or
500 for some legal arm chair lawyer
with a 50/50 chance of winning.
Damn I am gonna try a hooker with no rubber on, maybe I wont catch anything its a 50/50 shot right

Kilrtoy
08-31-2004, 06:06 PM
WATCH OUT THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111cops1.jpg

Jordy
08-31-2004, 06:09 PM
I think that might be entrapment. If they wear black they blend in with the pavement and it's not fair. :D :D :D

NOTALENT
08-31-2004, 06:22 PM
Jordan, I did a search on the entrapemt/speeding tickets..and although i have seen it..I only saw one case on the net proving my point...all the rest backed u up. So I do apologize...It looks like you know ur shit. And this one I was wrong. I still dont get why they would have done it in the case I saw.

Kilrtoy
08-31-2004, 06:26 PM
THIS WILL CLARIFY ENTRAPMENT, I thought is was when they tie you up and beat you with flashlights after you steal a car
40802. (a) A "speed trap" is either of the following:
(1) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.
(2) A particular section of a highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within five years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects. This paragraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.
(b) (1) For purposes of this section, a local street or road is defined by the latest functional usage and federal-aid system maps submitted to the federal Highway Administration, except that when these maps have not been submitted, or when the street or road is not shown on the maps, a "local street or road" means a street or road that primarily provides access to abutting residential property and meets the following three conditions:
(A) Roadway width of not more than 40 feet.
(B) Not more than one-half of a mile of uninterrupted length. Interruptions shall include official traffic control signals as defined in Section 445.
(C) Not more than one traffic lane in each direction.
(2) For purposes of this section "school zone" means that area approaching or passing a school building or the grounds thereof that is contiguous to a highway and on which is posted a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign, while children are going to or leaving the school either during school hours or during the noon recess period. "School zone" also includes the area approaching or passing any school grounds that are not separated from the highway by a fence, gate, or other physical barrier while the grounds are in use by children if that highway is posted with a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign.
(c) (1) When all of the following criteria are met, paragraph (2) of this subdivision shall be applicable and subdivision (a) shall not be applicable:
(A) When radar is used, the arresting officer has successfully completed a radar operator course of not less than 24 hours on the use of police traffic radar, and the course was approved and certified by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.
(B) When laser or any other electronic device is used to measure the speed of moving objects, the arresting officer has successfully completed the training required in subparagraph (A) and an additional training course of not less than two hours approved and certified by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.
(C) (i) The prosecution proved that the arresting officer complied with subparagraphs (A) and (B) and that an engineering and traffic survey has been conducted in accordance with subparagraph (B) of paragraph (2). The prosecution proved that, prior to the officer issuing the notice to appear, the arresting officer established that the radar, laser, or other electronic device conformed to the requirements of subparagraph (D).
(ii) The prosecution proved the speed of the accused was unsafe for the conditions present at the time of alleged violation unless the citation was for a violation of Section 22349, 22356, or 22406.
(D) The radar, laser, or other electronic device used to measure the speed of the accused meets or exceeds the minimal operational standards of the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration, and has been calibrated within the three years prior to the date of the alleged violation by an independent certified laser or radar repair and testing or calibration facility.
(2) A "speed trap" is either of the following:
(A) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.
(B) (i) A particular section of a highway or state highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within one of the following time periods, prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects:
(I) Except as specified in subclause (II), seven years.
(II) If an engineering and traffic survey was conducted more than seven years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and a registered engineer evaluates the section of the highway and determines that no significant changes in roadway or traffic conditions have occurred, including, but not limited to, changes in adjoining property or land use, roadway width, or traffic volume, 10 years.
(ii) This subparagraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone

throwerb
08-31-2004, 06:55 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dr. Eagle
08-31-2004, 08:42 PM
:supp: :supp: DOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!! :supp: :supp:

Jordy
08-31-2004, 08:43 PM
What, no sound effects? That sucks. :D :D :D

locogringo
08-31-2004, 10:01 PM
Jordy knows that I am an adult so here is my version from a somewhat "professional speeder"...
In three years, I have driven over 180,000 miles in a company car (which just blew a head gasket and cracked two heads). I have worked for this company for 8 years and in those eight years have received roughly 9 tickets (I think, maybe 8 or 9 but at least 8). I have gotten out of all but 2 of them. This is how the scenario broke down on the ones I remember...
First ticket...Speeding. Postponed my court case an additional two months. Showed up and plead Not Guilty. Judge scheduled a trial date for the following month. Showed up and no officer. CASE DISMISSED.
Second ticket... Speeding. Same scenario as first.
Third ticket... Speeding. Same scenario but officer shows up. The judge asks PD for his story and PD starts to talk. I interject (cut him off) and ask the judge if I can say something. He says yes and I proceed to tell him that I was just hoping that the officer wouldn't show up and the case would be dismissed. He looked at me, then looked at the officer and asked him if he had anything else to say. He looked at me, looked at the judge and with a slight smile on his face told the judge that he couldn't recall the situations on this ticket and asked for it to be dismissed. The judge dismissed it. WUHOO!
Fourth ticket... Speeding. Same scenario. Officer shows up. He gives his side, I give mine and finish by asking that I be given the chance to go to traffic school if found in officers favor. Judge asks officer if he has a problem with that, officer says no and I get out of having a point on my record.
Fifth ticket... Failure to yield. Never drive this way and exited where there was a "No Turn On Red". As soon as I turned I remembered and that is when I saw a patrol car in a gas station watching. Cop shows up. I plead insanity, walk up to the hot judge (woman) and begin to masterbate violently causing hot striations of molten sperm to shoot all over her desk and clothes. I then awake from my wet dream to hear her say that she hates that No Turn sign also and that it is in a confusing area and lowers the bail amount to $50 dollars. I can still take traffic school because it has been over 18 months since my last ticket. WHOOOHOOOO!
Sixth ticket... Speeding. Follow same scenario and ask for all documentation from officer; he has it all. I get a point.
Seventh ticket...Speeding. By now I am tired of getting pulled over so I empty my holding tanks on the back of my car (which is full of inordinate amounts of bile...hey, I drive so much that I sometimes can't pull over so I made a special tank to accomodate myself). The holding tank opens and spews forth insane amounts of retched filth all over his windshield and his open window. When I come to my senses, I realize that my wants haven't come to fruition and I am stuck with signing another "non-admission of guilt" ticket. Show up after I do the previous mentioned requirements of time addition and officer is NO SHOW! NO TICKET again! WHOOOHOOOO.
Eighth ticket...SPEEDING. This one was received on April 1st of this year. My posted speed on ticket was 75 in a 70. I looked at him when he came back to the window, he asked me to sign and I started to laugh and said "Yea right". He lowered his sunglasses and said..."Seriously" in his most draconian voice. I stared at him in disbelief asking him again if this was some sort of April Fools joke. The answer... "NO". I swung open my door, applied my years of martial arts training and extracated his tazer from his hand. I tazed his ass and balls until he was black in the face and then handcuffed him naked to an old willow tree alongside the freeway. I rigged the tazer so that every time a car flew by him, the wind generated by the passing car would aplly enough pressure on the tazer to shock kis ass again! ****er won't **** with me anymore!!! I then realized that I was signing my eighth and last ticket. I just went straight to traffic school for this one. Didn't even want to deal with fighting it.
As you can see my track record has been good. I just drive too much.
Daniel

Kilrtoy
08-31-2004, 10:28 PM
DRACONIAN, That is some funny shit

locogringo
08-31-2004, 10:45 PM
DRACONIAN, That is some funny shit
:cool: I am obvioulsy BORED!

RiverOtter
09-01-2004, 05:11 AM
Pay the ticket. Go on the web and buy a Valentine One. Drive aware and no more tickets :D

Kilrtoy
09-01-2004, 05:30 AM
Does the valentine also give you a brain , so you dont run red lights, make unsafe lane changes and not make u-turns in business districts, does it put on your seat belt also.... :jawdrop:

RiverOtter
09-01-2004, 05:34 AM
Does the valentine also give you a brain , so you dont run red lights, make unsafe lane changes and not make u-turns in business districts, does it put on your seat belt also.... :jawdrop:
Jeeze... I said drive aware :D . The Valentine has saved me several times however just being aware has saved me many times also. Example.. I noticed a car on an overpass but no other traffic, so I let up slowly applied the brakes and about 500 yards before the overpass my ditector lit up like a Christmas tree. If I hadn't been aware BIG TICKET!!!

throwerb
09-01-2004, 06:52 AM
Jordy knows that I am an adult so here is my version from a somewhat "professional speeder"...
In three years, I have driven over 180,000 miles in a company car (which just blew a head gasket and cracked two heads). I have worked for this company for 8 years and in those eight years have received roughly 9 tickets (I think, maybe 8 or 9 but at least 8). I have gotten out of all but 2 of them. This is how the scenario broke down on the ones I remember...
First ticket...Speeding. Postponed my court case an additional two months. Showed up and plead Not Guilty. Judge scheduled a trial date for the following month. Showed up and no officer. CASE DISMISSED.
Second ticket... Speeding. Same scenario as first.
Third ticket... Speeding. Same scenario but officer shows up. The judge asks PD for his story and PD starts to talk. I interject (cut him off) and ask the judge if I can say something. He says yes and I proceed to tell him that I was just hoping that the officer wouldn't show up and the case would be dismissed. He looked at me, then looked at the officer and asked him if he had anything else to say. He looked at me, looked at the judge and with a slight smile on his face told the judge that he couldn't recall the situations on this ticket and asked for it to be dismissed. The judge dismissed it. WUHOO!
Fourth ticket... Speeding. Same scenario. Officer shows up. He gives his side, I give mine and finish by asking that I be given the chance to go to traffic school if found in officers favor. Judge asks officer if he has a problem with that, officer says no and I get out of having a point on my record.
Fifth ticket... Failure to yield. Never drive this way and exited where there was a "No Turn On Red". As soon as I turned I remembered and that is when I saw a patrol car in a gas station watching. Cop shows up. I plead insanity, walk up to the hot judge (woman) and begin to masterbate violently causing hot striations of molten sperm to shoot all over her desk and clothes. I then awake from my wet dream to hear her say that she hates that No Turn sign also and that it is in a confusing area and lowers the bail amount to $50 dollars. I can still take traffic school because it has been over 18 months since my last ticket. WHOOOHOOOO!
Sixth ticket... Speeding. Follow same scenario and ask for all documentation from officer; he has it all. I get a point.
Seventh ticket...Speeding. By now I am tired of getting pulled over so I empty my holding tanks on the back of my car (which is full of inordinate amounts of bile...hey, I drive so much that I sometimes can't pull over so I made a special tank to accomodate myself). The holding tank opens and spews forth insane amounts of retched filth all over his windshield and his open window. When I come to my senses, I realize that my wants haven't come to fruition and I am stuck with signing another "non-admission of guilt" ticket. Show up after I do the previous mentioned requirements of time addition and officer is NO SHOW! NO TICKET again! WHOOOHOOOO.
Eighth ticket...SPEEDING. This one was received on April 1st of this year. My posted speed on ticket was 75 in a 70. I looked at him when he came back to the window, he asked me to sign and I started to laugh and said "Yea right". He lowered his sunglasses and said..."Seriously" in his most draconian voice. I stared at him in disbelief asking him again if this was some sort of April Fools joke. The answer... "NO". I swung open my door, applied my years of martial arts training and extracated his tazer from his hand. I tazed his ass and balls until he was black in the face and then handcuffed him naked to an old willow tree alongside the freeway. I rigged the tazer so that every time a car flew by him, the wind generated by the passing car would aplly enough pressure on the tazer to shock kis ass again! ****er won't **** with me anymore!!! I then realized that I was signing my eighth and last ticket. I just went straight to traffic school for this one. Didn't even want to deal with fighting it.
As you can see my track record has been good. I just drive too much.
Daniel
I beleive I will go with the masterbation plan, I just hope it isn't some old ass judge, other wise I may be in trouble :rolleyes:

Jordy
09-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Another effective method of getting out of all kinds of traffic tickets, although I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, is to not show up to court. Have them issue a Failure To Appear and let it go to warrant. Once it goes to warrant, go into the court and take care of it. I've done this about 5 times with 100% success. They ended up plea bargaining the traffic violation and FTA by dropping the traffic charges. I then just plead guilty to FTA and paid the fine, which is substanstial. No points, no traffic violations.
I think I'd show up and plead insanity and entrapment before I'd do an FTA. Judges out here don't like that. They throw the book at you for not respecting their authoritai (in my best Cartman voice). Then you pay the ticket to boot. Even if for some remote reason it worked the first time, the humor would be gone in the second and third instances. ;)
Judges don't like to be toyed with. Especially the JP (justice of the peace) judges that end up hearing most of the traffic cases. Did you know you don't even have to go to law school to be a JP judge? Kind of scary huh?

N2Lake
09-01-2004, 07:16 AM
What is it called when a cop hides behind a billboard or whatever? I know it is not entrapment, but they are not supposed to do it either, are they?

Jordy
09-01-2004, 07:21 AM
What is it called when a cop hides behind a billboard or whatever? I know it is not entrapment, but they are not supposed to do it either, are they?
It's called sneaky bastard cop stuff, but it's not illegal for them to do. Kind of like hunting ducks out of a blind, or deer out of a tree stand.
Kilrtoy posted some code from Cali law that lines out what is and isn't a speed trap, and it was mentioned earlier in the thread as well, about having a current traffic study for the street that is being radared. As long as that is good, they can hang from their knees in the trees and radar away.
Out here they have photo radar that they hide behind trees and utility boxes. The latest ones don't even have a van, they are just cameras hidden in the median with speed loops in the street and they've been snapping away. The thing about them is they don't move so you always know they're there. If you get a ticket from one of them it's your own fault. Paradise Valley is working on mobile Saguaro cacti that are actually pedistal mounted photo radar. There is a lot of stuff that is worse than a motorcop behind a billboard. ;)

N2Lake
09-01-2004, 07:27 AM
It's called sneaky bastard cop stuff
Thats what I thought it was called! I knew being a Law School applicant you would know the proper teminology. :D

HighRoller
09-01-2004, 10:53 AM
I think SockWave bob wins the moron of the year award for his recommendation. Good plan, bob. Just ditch your court date and get a bench warrant issued for your arrest. Oh, by the way, what happens if you get pulled over after this court date? I know! YOU'LL GO TO JAIL ON YOUR WARRANT IDIOT!
Integrity: 1
You: 0
It's no mystery anymore why our society is in such trouble socially. If a man will spend half a day plotting a way to get out of a ticket he rightly deserved, how much trouble would he go to when it came time to cheat on his wife and not get caught? So much for personal responsibility....

throwerb
09-01-2004, 10:58 AM
I can cheat on my wife and not get caught :D Wow, now there is a topic, any ideas?

Kilrtoy
09-01-2004, 11:11 AM
It's called sneaky bastard cop stuff, but it's not illegal for them to do. about having a current traffic study for the street that is being radared. As long as that is good, they can hang from their knees in the trees and radar away.. ;)
That is some funny shit, now the cops are being called monkeys, never heard it from that end, I guess that is called reverse entrapment LOL.....
Just tell the officer this, It is impossible that in a 1/2 mile strech my lexus LS400 got up to 60MPH.
or this how can I be speeding officer I was stopped at the red light when you put your lights on, I was going ZERO....

HighRoller
09-01-2004, 01:49 PM
I think we all know who's on smack here...you said smack about 37 times so if you don't like my smack take your smack back where you came from smackboy. And, note to Bob- I know you like thinking about doing pushups and thinking about third graders at the same time, but you might not want to say it out loud from now on...Keep your smack over there in your private room on NAMBLA.com and leave us alone.

LOLLYGAGIN
09-01-2004, 02:57 PM
I think SockWave bob wins the moron of the year award for his recommendation. Good plan, bob. Just ditch your court date and get a bench warrant issued for your arrest. Oh, by the way, what happens if you get pulled over after this court date? I know! YOU'LL GO TO JAIL ON YOUR WARRANT IDIOT!
Integrity: 1
You: 0
It's no mystery anymore why our society is in such trouble socially. If a man will spend half a day plotting a way to get out of a ticket he rightly deserved, how much trouble would he go to when it came time to cheat on his wife and not get caught? So much for personal responsibility....
Hey Roller, first off who pissed in your Cheerios today :frown: Second, my pastor is out of town this week do you think you can give the sermon sunday :idea:

Kilrtoy
09-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Get your popcron, get your popcorn
This should get good..... :smile:

Jordy
09-01-2004, 03:45 PM
This thread just took a turn towards fukin' hilarious. I think I might be entrapped to watch. :D :D :D

throwerb
09-01-2004, 05:28 PM
I just want to say thanks to everyone, I am now clear on how to handle this :confused:

Kilrtoy
09-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Where did they go, my popcorn is getting cold...
I have one try telling the officer this.
It is impossible that I committed this you speak of violation. If I really did it, I would have known this, there for you are lying....

Jordy
09-01-2004, 06:10 PM
With this must time passing HighRoller must be coming up with something really good. :D

throwerb
09-01-2004, 06:46 PM
With this must time passing HighRoller must be coming up with something really good. :D
Think maybe he is collecting our lic.#s for the Highway Patrol :2purples: :wink:

PHX ATC
09-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Man, I leave for a good night's sleep and all hell breaks loose. Somebody wake me up next time. :eek:

HighRoller
09-02-2004, 12:31 PM
That's all you've got? That's it? There's no punch line? No big surprise behind door number 3? That has to be the worst smack I've ever heard. I'm actually embarrassed for you. I mean, that's weak by Oregon standards, shit, you're almost Canadian for god's sake. I'm not sure what NAMBLA is, but I'm guessing that if I head on over there and mention your name, I'll be greeted warmly.
Horribly, horribly weak. You're the Mario Mendoza of smack talk.
So weak you didn't even have a comeback...just the same thing you said before. Something about smack..gee that's original. I haven't heard that term since the last time you posted. Note to Bob: Get a life.
As far as the speeding ticket deal, I have a plan that gets you out of a ticket 100% of the time. It's called not getting a ticket in the first place. DUH... Anyone who can't look at a speedometer, then look at a speed limit sign and do the math shouldn't be driving in the first place! :notam: