PDA

View Full Version : Charging Battery Question

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 06:34 AM
I currently have 4 Optima Blue Tops for the stereo and 1 Odessey Battery for the boat itself. They can all be run when switched to ALL on the Perko which is what I normally do.
When charging I switch to ALL and let them all charge.
I use a charger that has 2A, 10A and engine start options. I switch this to 10A to charge.
Lately it seems that they are not getting fully charged.
Do I need a different charger that allows for a deeper charge? Can I switch it to engine start (75A I think) to charge or is that too much?
What about buying a different charger that will let me switch to a higher amperage like maybe 20A or something like that?
Ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

riverbound
09-01-2004, 06:44 AM
I have used this charger many times and have been very happy with it. You just plug the boat in at night and it is charged in the morning. Its also nice because you just plug the boat in when it is in storage and it maintins the batteries.Battery charger (http://www.batterystuff.com/battery/chargetek/chargetek_2000.htm)

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 06:49 AM
How many batteries do you have hooked up? Mine are in parallel so by switching to ALL on the Perko all 5 charge. Is this something you can buy locally or do I have to order it over the internet? You keep it plugged in during the off-season?

BoatFloating
09-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Tom, here is your problem. 5 batteries /10amps = 2 amps thats not gonna get it done trust me been there done that. The problem with the 75 amp engine charge it's not made to run constant. Most will run 15 minutes then stop because it's only for trying to start your engine right away and not charge. You need to go to Sears (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0724870361.1094050588@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccefadcmgmmiiigcehgcemgdffmdfko.0&vertical=AUTO&pid=02871232000) and get one of these babies fully automatic.
http://content.sears.com/data/product_images/028/71232/02871232000-dlv.jpg
The 60amp will = 12 amp hours of a charge. It still will be close to getting all your batteries charged overnight for next day. That's why on my new boat I went with a Honda 2000 Generator and a 75amp inverter and I need only 1 Optima battery for my stereo system. In the future I would ditch all but 2 batteries 1 for engine and electronics and 1 for the stereo and go with the Honda and the inverter to keep you playing all day long. The Honda is 46 lbs and I'm sure that's less than the 3 batteries you would lose.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 07:21 AM
The problem with that big-ass thing is I leave my boat in the water in a slip when out at the lake. Although I do have power available at the slip I can't be hauling that thing back and forth. Yes, I am going to look into a generator and probably should have done that in the first place :(. I ordered one of the dual pro chargers from that site Riverbound posted. It has two connections which they suggested hooking up one to the starter battery and one to the other 4. http://www.batterystuff.com/battery/dual-pro/dual-pro.htm That will allow 15A into the starter battery and 15A to the other 4 Optimas. He also said to switch the perko to either 1 or 2 but not all to seperate the charge. He also indicated to disconnect each battery and check it with the volt meter. I have checked them before but never unhooked them so it always shows full charge. This way I can see if I have one drawing down the others. Also, because they are a more sophisticated charger, especially when you get to that last 10% charge that they will be more fully charged and you can leave them hooked up all winter without burning them up.
Make sense? At least until next year when I will hope to have the generator hooked up.

Krumbsnatcher
09-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Tom, here is your problem. 5 batteries /10amps = 2 amps thats not gonna get it done trust me been there done that. The problem with the 75 amp engine charge it's not made to run constant. Most will run 15 minutes then stop because it's only for trying to start your engine right away and not charge. You need to go to Sears (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0724870361.1094050588@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccefadcmgmmiiigcehgcemgdffmdfko.0&vertical=AUTO&pid=02871232000) and get one of these babies fully automatic.
http://content.sears.com/data/product_images/028/71232/02871232000-dlv.jpg
The 60amp will = 12 amp hours of a charge. It still will be close to getting all your batteries charged overnight for next day. That's why on my new boat I went with a Honda 2000 Generator and a 75amp inverter and I need only 1 Optima battery for my stereo system. In the future I would ditch all but 2 batteries 1 for engine and electronics and 1 for the stereo and go with the Honda and the inverter to keep you playing all day long. The Honda is 46 lbs and I'm sure that's less than the 3 batteries you would lose.
I am very interested in using a honda generator, currently i have one Yellow Optima (engine) and two deep cycle bats hooked to a perko for stereo. My wife usually tries and kills both of the systems on the lake. She has to hear her boom boom.
Thanks.

Magic34
09-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Tom,
Minnkota, yes the fishing people, make some chargers that are fully automatic, waterproof, and work really well. I personally have a 3 bank, 30 amp Minnkota charger that I leave hooked up year round while it is in the garage. It is installed under my rear seat and I plug in when/where I can. The charger is about 20" long, 8" wide and 3" deep.
They also make a 4 bank 40 amp charger as well.
This was my fist time setting up my boat this way in the many years I have been boating. This is how I will always do it now. Perfect solution to what I was looking for and it could work for you too.
Good luck.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. I will let you know how this charger works out for me.

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 08:39 AM
I put one of these in at the beginning of the year... Iota DLS-75 (http://www.iotaengineering.com/dls75.htm) .
http://www.iotaengineering.com/images/dls75.jpg
When shore powere is available...I just plug it in there and overnight I have had no problem recharging 4 Optima D31 batteries (the 900 CCA/1125 MCA ones)
On the water I have a 2000 watt Honda that keeps things going...
With the "Smart Controller" option..the charger works like a 3 stage fully automatic unit...great to leave plugged in 24/7...batteries will always be fully charged when ya need em...
Whipped Calliber also put one on his 28' boat.
I picked it up for around $200...(It retails for over $500)
If ya go with anything bigger than this and want to power it with a generator...check the specs...the model I got is a big as you can go with a 2000 watt generator...
PC

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 08:43 AM
I wish you would have got to me before I ordered the other one PC :(

phebus
09-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Party Cat, where did you find the best price on the charger?

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 09:16 AM
I wish you would have got to me before I ordered the other one PC :(
1st thing...cancel the order...
2nd thing...order one of these.
3rd thing...ya should have posted this where ya'd get better answers :D :D j/k
4th thing...blame your beer biatch friend..he should have told ya to ask me :D :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 09:46 AM
1st thing...cancel the order...
2nd thing...order one of these.
3rd thing...ya should have posted this where ya'd get better answers :D :D j/k
4th thing...blame your beer biatch friend..he should have told ya to ask me :D :D
I think you covered it all :).
Where do you order that one for the $200?

Jordy
09-01-2004, 10:00 AM
I think you covered it all :).
Where do you order that one for the $200?
From the AARP warehouse. They use it to keep the electric wheelie chairs all charged up. :D :D :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 10:03 AM
From the AARP warehouse. They use it to keep the electric wheelie chairs all charged up. :D :D :D
Low blow! I resigned that post a long time ago and Nodigg took the title and is very proud to carry on :)

Jordy
09-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Low blow! I resigned that post a long time ago and Nodigg took the title and is very proud to carry on :)
I never got the memo. I think there are some pics around of an AARP model Shockwave too.
Besides, it's been a long time since I've gotten to call you Mr. President. :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 10:11 AM
I never got the memo. I think there are some pics around of an AARP model Shockwave too.
Besides, it's been a long time since I've gotten to call you Mr. President. :D
You thinking of making the ALmost to the Dam Run? What about RD's party?
Just saw that thread with all the GG...WTF!

BoatFloating
09-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Party Cat knows what he's talking about but there is a few things I need to throw in the mix. The one Party is showing you is great for charging only but if you use it with a Honda Generator then you want to go with this. (http://cascadeaudio.com/prod/powersupp.html) .
http://cascadeaudio.com/images/aps_2003.gif
I'm a distributor for Cascade and you can see the prices and those are retail. I can get you one for $450 dollars for the APS 75. And the Smart controller adds another $35 dollars to the price.
The difference between the APS and the DLS is the APS is a Audio Power Supply like you see running stereo boards at Circut City etc.... The audio stuff will not hum thru your stereo at all.
Tom, I should of sent you this way to begin with but you didn't say you want to keep it in the water. I thought you were pulling it out everynight. You might want to consider the Generator once your batteries need replacing. The only down fall with these is you need to make your own plug. They come with a 2 foot 20 amp style plug not a typical 3 prong plug. This plug is one vertical and on horizontial and the round plug below it. I've checked around and there is no such adapter to plug it into. Cascade suggested that you get a heavy duty like table saw extension cord then make a 20amp box receptical and plug the unit into that. With 75amp charge you just can't use a normal extension cord.
Party Cat how did you plug your in????

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Party Cat knows what he's talking about but there is a few things I need to throw in the mix. The one Party is showing you is great for charging only but if you use it with a Honda Generator then you want to go with this. (http://cascadeaudio.com/prod/powersupp.html) .
I'm a distributor for Cascade and you can see the prices and those are retail. I can get you for $450 dollars for the APS 75. And the Smart controller adds another $35 dollars to the price.
The difference between the APS and the DLS is the APS is a Audio Power Supply like you see running stereo boards at Circut City etc.... The audio stuff will not hum thru your stereo at all.
Tom, I should of sent you this way to begin with but you didn't say you want to keep it in the water. I thought you were pulling it out everynight. You might want to cansider the Generator once your batteries need replacing. The only down fall with these is you need to make your own plug. They come with a 2 foot 20 amp style plug not a typical 3 prong plug. This plug is one vertical and on horizontial and the round plug below it. I've checked around and there is no such adapter to plug it into. Cascade suggested that you get a heavy duty like table saw extension cord then make a 20amp box receptical and plug the unit into that. With 75amp charge you just can't use a normal extension cord.
I had a feeling PC was oversimplifying....BIACH! I am going to try this one I ordered today, should have it in the AM tomorrow and go from there. A generator is definitly in my future though as I run the stereo hard all the time.
I will let you guys know how it worked out for me and look for more advice next time and allow some time to react to all of it. Thanks again.

BoatFloating
09-01-2004, 10:32 AM
I had a feeling PC was oversimplifying....BIACH! I am going to try this one I ordered today, should have it in the AM tomorrow and go from there. A generator is definitly in my future though as I run the stereo hard all the time.
I will let you guys know how it worked out for me and look for more advice next time and allow some time to react to all of it. Thanks again.
Tom, the reason you it all look good when you put a volt meter on your batteries is they are wired together and one might be dead and the other one good is gonna read good voltage. I'm just not sure that a 15amp charge to 4 Optima's that equal 3.75 amps a hour is going get you a full charge overnight period. I put a 10amp charge on 1 Optima and it wasn't fully charged overnight. At the dam run you can check out my system and I heard a rumor that Party Cat and Jordy might be there so you can see his. I have a feeling the Genny/inverter deal is in your very near future because this other then won't work... Again been there done that!!!

phebus
09-01-2004, 10:42 AM
I would love to go with the generator set up, but at the cost of approx. $900. for the generator, and $500. for the chargger is an awfull lot of money. OUCH!!!

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Tom, the reason you it all look good when you put a volt meter on your batteries is they are wired together and one might be dead and the other one good is gonna read good voltage. I'm just not sure that a 15amp charge to 4 Optima's that equal 3.75 amps a hour is going get you a full charge overnight period. I put a 10amp charge on 1 Optima and it wasn't fully charged overnight. At the dam run you can check out my system and I heard a rumor that Party Cat and Jordy might be there so you can see his. I have a feeling the Genny/inverter deal is in your very near future because this other then won't work... Again been there done that!!!
I agree about the volt meter and will seperate them tomorrow night and check them out. I probably will not be fully charged overnight but I do have power available to me every night wether in the garage or slip. I plan on keeping it hooked up at all times since the charger will not overcharge/burn up the batteries. I will take a closer look at yours and PC at the Almost to the Dam Run. Thanks for all the help.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 10:52 AM
I would love to go with the generator set up, but at the cost of approx. $900. for the generator, and $500. for the chargger is an awfull lot of money. OUCH!!!
Better than buying new batteries every year or so :(

BoatFloating
09-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Seems kinda of pricey I know but you would get rid of 2 to 3 batteries. And there will never be a question of battery problems with the stereo...

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm a distributor for Cascade and you can see the prices and those are retail. I can get you one for $450 dollars for the APS 75. And the Smart controller adds another $35 dollars to the price.
Tom, I should of sent you this way to begin with but you didn't say you want to keep it in the water. I thought you were pulling it out everynight. You might want to consider the Generator once your batteries need replacing. The only down fall with these is you need to make your own plug. They come with a 2 foot 20 amp style plug not a typical 3 prong plug. This plug is one vertical and on horizontial and the round plug below it. I've checked around and there is no such adapter to plug it into. Cascade suggested that you get a heavy duty like table saw extension cord then make a 20amp box receptical and plug the unit into that. With 75amp charge you just can't use a normal extension cord.
I haven't really noticed the humming when charging and playing the stereo....On the water...I usually only run the generator if I've been out for a while and I want to keep the charge up.....At havasu...I pull the boat at night and plug her in overnight....The D31 Optimas have provideded me with enough power without having to recharge before my head starts to hurt....
Tom..I'll see if I can find the # for the guy where I got the charger from....Maybe Whipped Calliber still has the # cause I gave the # to him for his...
Rocky...I took a heavy guage 6 foot extension cord and put the 20amp plug on the one end....that plugs into the generator or to the house (the Honda 2000's outlet is rated at 20 amps)...At home...I have to leave the boat in the street so I ran an outlet to within 5 ft of the sidewalk to minimize the length of the extension cord...so far...I've not had any problems with the cords heating up both at home and while using the generator...
During my week long trip to Shasta last month, the dock where I kept the boat didn't have shore power...at the end of the day...I ran the generator for an hour or so while I cleaned the boat up from the days use and had a few beers :) ...I had plenty of power all week :)

phebus
09-01-2004, 11:15 AM
So, where is the best place to get a deal on the generator? Is the 2000w necessary, or would a 1000w power it? I have checked ebay, and it seems $900.+ is the going rate for the Honda 2000w model.

BoatFloating
09-01-2004, 11:20 AM
So, where is the best place to get a deal on the generator? Is the 2000w necessary, or would a 1000w power it? I have checked ebay, and it seems $900.+ is the going rate for the Honda 2000w model.
Yes you have to go 2000w genny the 1000 won't run the it and will go into protect mode. I think there are some places online for about $800.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Just grabbed a Fluke Votage Meter here at the office and will take it out to test the batteries this weekend. probably get way more information than I need with this tool....:)

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Tom..I'll see if I can find the # for the guy where I got the charger from....Maybe Whipped Calliber still has the # cause I gave the # to him for his...
Thanks PC....Please PM it to me.

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks PC....Please PM it to me.
You got mail :D

BoatFloating
09-01-2004, 11:43 AM
I haven't really noticed the humming when charging and playing the stereo....On the water...I usually only run the generator if I've been out for a while and I want to keep the charge up.....At havasu...I pull the boat at night and plug her in overnight....The D31 Optimas have provideded me with enough power without having to recharge before my head starts to hurt....
Every stereo is different. I would hate to have the one with the huming noise though.... It might be better to be safe than sorry.....
Rocky...I took a heavy guage 6 foot extension cord and put the 20amp plug on the one end....that plugs into the generator or to the house (the Honda 2000's outlet is rated at 20 amps)...At home...I have to leave the boat in the street so I ran an outlet to within 5 ft of the sidewalk to minimize the length of the extension cord...so far...I've not had any problems with the cords heating up both at home and while using the generator...
So you replaced the 2 foot cord that came with the inverter and made it longer??? Did you use 8 gauge cord? I know the end on the inverter is made for a 20amp recipitcal one of the top blades is side ways. Did you just put a regular 3 prong end on it.
During my week long trip to Shasta last month, the dock where I kept the boat didn't have shore power...at the end of the day...I ran the generator for an hour or so while I cleaned the boat up from the days use and had a few beers :) ...I had plenty of power all week :)
That's what make the genny nice. I'll have the same thing going on when we houseboat in Lake Powell. That's good advice about running it for a hour while cleaning up....
I did get word from Cascade and they told me not to leave the smart controller plug in while running stereo and genny. The smart controller sees voltage drops and trys to charge and as you know if your running stereo hard the volts go up and down and it freaks out the inverter. He said in the long run you'll have problems. As I know mine just fried only 2 weeks old. The good news is they have a 2 year warranty and I got a new replacement at my house today. So unplug it when your running the stereo and genny and only use it when hooked to shore power or running genny to charge batteries

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 11:53 AM
So you replaced the 2 foot cord that came with the inverter and made it longer??? Did you use 8 gauge cord? I know the end on the inverter is made for a 20amp recipitcal one of the top blades is side ways. Did you just put a regular 3 prong end on it.
I left the charger alone (in case of warranty issues)...I made up a 6ft extension...Female 20 amp on one end male 15 amp on the other...gives me plenty of cord to hit the generator
I did get word from Cascade and they told me not to leave the smart controller plug in while running stereo and genny. The smart controller sees voltage drops and trys to charge and as you know if your running stereo hard the volts go up and down and it freaks out the inverter. He said in the long run you'll have problems. As I know mine just fried only 2 weeks old. The good news is they have a 2 year warranty and I got a new replacement at my house today. So unplug it when your running the stereo and genny and only use it when hooked to shore power or running genny to charge batteries
Thanks for the tip...I'll unplug the controller when I use Charge while playing tunes... :boxed: :boxed:

BoatFloating
09-01-2004, 12:05 PM
I left the charger alone (in case of warranty issues)...I made up a 6ft extension...Female 20 amp on one end male 15 amp on the other...gives me plenty of cord to hit the generator
Thanks for the tip...I'll unplug the controller when I use Charge while playing tunes... :boxed: :boxed:
Thanks for the cord tip. My genny is right next to inverter so that hasn't been a issue. But I would like to make a 6 footer for shore power at docks or back at camp. Where did you find the female 20amp plugs. I didn't see them at Home Depot????

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the cord tip. My genny is right next to inverter so that hasn't been a issue. But I would like to make a 6 footer for shore power at docks or back at camp. Where did you find the female 20amp plugs. I didn't see them at Home Depot????
Got it at Home Depot... :)

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Got it at Home Depot... :)
I got mine at West Marine and Home Depot. Home Depot was much less expensive but not as good quality.

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 12:30 PM
I got mine at West Marine and Home Depot. Home Depot was much less expensive but not as good quality.
You must have gotten the 909 version....My 714 version is just fine :D :D :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 12:33 PM
You must have gotten the 909 version....My 714 version is just fine :D :D :D
That B 951 now PC or how about 928? Come to think about it the 714 was the better quality but of course overpriced anyhow :)

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 12:36 PM
That B 951 now PC or how about 928? Come to think about it the 714 was the better quality but of course overpriced anyhow :)
So you're one of the lucky ones that got out of the 909 and didn't have to move :D :D j/k

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Not half as bad as Nodigg's 949 model LOL

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Get back to work!

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Get back to work!
Why screw up a good thing......I still haven't started today... :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Why screw up a good thing......I still haven't started today... :D
Well, go have another beer. Take two steps back from the friggin' key board, turn around and make a bee line to the fridge.

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Well, go have another beer. Take two steps back from the friggin' key board, turn around and make a bee line to the fridge.
Why get up....this is easier....Yo Nodigg...get me a beer biatch :D :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 02:14 PM
The voltage meter I will be using to check the voltage on the batteries is a Fluke 87. Pretty much top of the line isn't it?

bohica
09-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Call these guys for the Honda 2000i - They don't list Honda or prices, but I just got one from them. Brand new, $895, no tax, no shipping. Got it in about 4 days.Alamia (http://www.alamia.com/)

BoatFloating
09-01-2004, 02:43 PM
The voltage meter I will be using to check the voltage on the batteries is a Fluke 87. Pretty much top of the line isn't it?
Can you do like they do with 9v batteries just stick your tounge across the posts and you'll see if you have enough juice.

nodigg
09-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Why get up....this is easier....Yo Nodigg...get me a beer biatch :D :D
I been waiting out here with you damn beer for 5 weeks you little weener! When you gonna get back out here?

Party Cat
09-01-2004, 05:23 PM
I been waiting out here with you damn beer for 5 weeks you little weener! When you gonna get back out here?
Friday night...and it better be cold :D :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Can you do like they do with 9v batteries just stick your tounge across the posts and you'll see if you have enough juice.
BF...I am not that stupid....lol Nice try though

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-03-2004, 09:26 AM
OK...first thing I have to remember in the furture is turn the friggin' batteries off before testing :( GD, scared the shit out of me and put a burn in the billet plate....lol
Anyhow, checked all the batteries and they all were at 12.78 to 12.8 volts so they are all good. I had charged them pretty good before I left last weeknd. Two days worth of charging on the 10A.
Hooked up the new Dual Pro which gives me 15A X2 and they are totally fully charged. I will always keep it hooked up so whenever I get out here I will be ready to go. It has an auto shutoff and will kick in a charge when necessary to keep them a full/near full capacity. It states it is not a tricle charge kind of product in the paperwork which should help battery life.
Couple of questions:
(1) This charger can be mounted in the engine hatch. Putting screws into my hull makes me nervous as hell. Any recommendations on where I should put the screws in? The floorboard? It would be nice on the side but am afraid of screwing thru to the gel coat.
(2) I assume I can keep the connectors on all the time wether or not I am charging...correct?
Thanks guys and I think this charger is going to do the trick :) At least most of the time :)

phebus
09-03-2004, 09:31 AM
How about the back of the rear seat in the engine compartment? If not the transom, it is thick so you shouldn't have to worry about running a screw through. I would also think that if you could mount it under a rear seat, it would make it real easy to plug in without having to lift the engine compartment.
You also stated that you run your Perko on all, but will be charging on either 1 or 2, so mounting it next to your Perko would work good also. You could mount the charging leads to the 1 and 2 lugs on the Perko rather than to the batteries.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-03-2004, 12:43 PM
How about the back of the rear seat in the engine compartment? If not the transom, it is thick so you shouldn't have to worry about running a screw through. I would also think that if you could mount it under a rear seat, it would make it real easy to plug in without having to lift the engine compartment.
You also stated that you run your Perko on all, but will be charging on either 1 or 2, so mounting it next to your Perko would work good also. You could mount the charging leads to the 1 and 2 lugs on the Perko rather than to the batteries.
Good ideas. I think I am going to look at putting next to the Perko under the rear seat. Hooking it up to that will also help clean up the engine compartment a bit. Thanks for the help/advice.

phebus
09-03-2004, 02:44 PM
With your Perko mounted under your rear seat, you couldn't ask for a cleaner way to hook it up!! Mount the charger, and run the leads straight to your Perko, and you don't have to access the engine compartment for anything other than a good ground. Should be very clean. I have heard good things about those Dual Pro chargers. Ask Gramps, he knows quite a bit about them.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-29-2004, 10:10 AM
My charger went out this weekend so I called the manufacture. They will send me a replacement charger and I just need to return the defective one. Great service provided to me and I appreciate it :)

phebus
09-29-2004, 12:18 PM
My charger went out this weekend so I called the manufacture. They will send me a replacement charger and I just need to return the defective one. Great service provided to me and I appreciate it :)
I've now got the same charger. It's nice to hear of the great customer service. What happened, did it just die?

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-29-2004, 12:26 PM
I've now got the same charger. It's nice to hear of the great customer service. What happened, did it just die?
Yep...just totally quit. I thought maybe it was the power at the dock. Took it home and the same thing. I am glad they are getting me taken care of :) No hassels, no third degree...just said they would send a new one and to return the old one. They had my name and address immediately available for shipping.