PDA

View Full Version : Farewell friends....

summerlove
09-01-2004, 07:33 AM
That's what I said to everyone last night at my going away party! I am now 100% unemployed and have a :D grin on my face! After being somewhere for 14 years, I hated to leave but the local political situation and other employment opportunities made the departure pretty easy!
Here's what I did on my last day...
Got to work about 10 minutes late, wore shorts, had snacks so everyone could stop by and say hi/bye, and then left for a 12:00 noon tee time with 3 groups going out. Then after golf, we had a going away party at the golf course! Got a few cool departure gifts.
Today, it's off to Del Mar, tomorrow, more golf, party this weekend at the house, and then off to Havasu for a week then Catalina with only the wife :chi: + :clover: = :D .
Unfortunately, all good things must end and I start my new job on the 20th!
so all in all, not a bad next couple of weeks!
Just wanted to share a few tidbits with my cyber (and not so cyber) friends!

ITSALLGOOD69
09-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Good luck with your new job! And have alot of fun!!!!!! :rollside: :D

Dave C
09-01-2004, 07:49 AM
good luck.
change can be good.
BTW what the hell did you do anyway?

dicudmore
09-01-2004, 07:50 AM
congrats! :cool:

HCS
09-01-2004, 07:55 AM
Must be nice to be a Democrat.

summerlove
09-01-2004, 08:08 AM
good luck.
change can be good.
BTW what the hell did you do anyway?
I worked for a pretty good sized city in so. OC. Let's just say while there I was in City Management.....

summerlove
09-01-2004, 08:09 AM
Must be nice to be a Democrat.
not in south Orange County! lol....I was a lone duck on an island full of hunting dogs! Made for some rather amusing times around the old office!

BarryMac
09-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Take Luck, Take Care of the Luck (Brian Regan). May your next venture be succesful...
gjb

summerlove
09-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Take Luck, Take Care of the Luck (Brian Regan). May your next venture be succesful...
gjb
I recall when you were WJB, and WOW - the new ride really looks nice. Where are you in sd? I'm in encinitas.

Dave C
09-01-2004, 08:28 AM
isn't OC somewhat conservative? you must love that.
BTW my county (san mateo) is 60/40 liberal. we are only a few miles from SF county, 80/20 liberal and Marin 60/40 liberal. and they are mean and nasty too(check out the protests in SF). :220v: :argue:
maybe we should trade spots?
not in south Orange County! lol....I was a lone duck on an island full of hunting dogs! Made for some rather amusing times around the old office!

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 08:29 AM
That's what I said to everyone last night at my going away party! I am now 100% unemployed and have a :D grin on my face! After being somewhere for 14 years, I hated to leave but the local political situation and other employment opportunities made the departure pretty easy!
Here's what I did on my last day...
Got to work about 10 minutes late, wore shorts, had snacks so everyone could stop by and say hi/bye, and then left for a 12:00 noon tee time with 3 groups going out. Then after golf, we had a going away party at the golf course! Got a few cool departure gifts.
Today, it's off to Del Mar, tomorrow, more golf, party this weekend at the house, and then off to Havasu for a week then Catalina with only the wife :chi: + :clover: = :D .
Unfortunately, all good things must end and I start my new job on the 20th!
so all in all, not a bad next couple of weeks!
Just wanted to share a few tidbits with my cyber (and not so cyber) friends!
Will the new job afford you the opertunity to post on the taxpayers nickel? j/k
Good luck!
OGS

carbonmarine
09-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Hey,
Summer Best wishes fro your time off and please get plenty of rest....
The real world is a lil different than behind the DMV Desk... ( jk, lol )
Let us know when ya get back, this whole political dealio is really gonna get fun !
Best,
Rick32

OutCole'd
09-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Best of luck in the new venture. Change can be real good..

BarryMac
09-01-2004, 09:13 AM
I recall when you were WJB, and WOW - the new ride really looks nice. Where are you in sd? I'm in encinitas.
I'm inland Encinitas, also known as West Escondido, near that swamp they call Lake Hodges.
Thanks for the compliment, we really love our Carrera, we only wish we could use it more than we do, hoping to hit the next Dam Run.
What line of work are you going into next, joining the PGA Tour, professional boat driver, president, come on, what are you gonna be doing???
gjb

phebus
09-01-2004, 09:19 AM
Summerlove, good luck as the new manager of the Marina (woops, I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag), they said you were the right man for the job. J/K. Actually, good luck, we will miss you here behind the Orange Curtain. Hope to meet up with you guys soon, but right now I am working a ton trying to pay for a summer of fun.
Phebus, Shebus, and Nicole

Brady Bunch
09-01-2004, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE=gottajetboat]I'm inland Encinitas, also known as West Escondido, near that swamp they call Lake Hodges.
That is like me saying I live in East la Jolla/ or is it West Santee.... lol
Good Luck SummerLove! Have a great few weeks off before the new grind starts.
-Greg

BarryMac
09-01-2004, 10:05 AM
That is like me saying I live in East la Jolla/ or is it West Santee.... lol
East La Jolla sounds better than anything with Santee in it... :D :D lol :D :D
gjb

spectratoad
09-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Change is good. It sounds like you are headed where you want. Good luck. At least part of it will be a new start. You know, new job, hopefully better money, same President. :) Have fun on your break.

summerlove
09-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Will the new job afford you the opertunity to post on the taxpayers nickel? j/k
Good luck!
OGS
we'll just have to wait and see.... :idea:

summerlove
09-01-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm inland Encinitas, also known as West Escondido, near that swamp they call Lake Hodges.
Thanks for the compliment, we really love our Carrera, we only wish we could use it more than we do, hoping to hit the next Dam Run.
What line of work are you going into next, joining the PGA Tour, professional boat driver, president, come on, what are you gonna be doing???
gjb
I shot a 108 yesterday so I'm definitely not going on the tour, unless of course I buy a ticket and watch from the sidelines! That was my worst round in so long! I had a 10 on 18 - lost 4 balls into the lake... :yuk:
Anyway, I'm going to go and work for a local public transit company as a the c.o.o. Should be a pretty good job!

Debbolas
09-01-2004, 07:45 PM
But!!!!!!!!?????????? :jawdrop:
Who is going to be the sheriff of Calico???? :confused:
If you go???!?!?!!? :confused:
First the Test Post Forum Posts don't count (messing with my reality MAN!!) and then Summerlove is no longer the Sheriff of Calico!?!?!?!? :confused: :jawdrop:

JetBoatRich
09-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Good luck on the new adventure ;) have a great vacation :D

ahhell
09-01-2004, 07:47 PM
CAN I BE SHERIFF OF CALICO NOW??????????
good luck and have fun, and keep you left arm straight :smile:

Debbolas
09-01-2004, 07:50 PM
NO
NO
Only Summer LOVE can..............
Where is that picture?!?! :confused:
Ok, Ahhell, do you have a grey beard and suspenders? :)

summerlove
If you want, but the pay kinda sucks and you have to be a democrat, but other than that, I gratefully pass the torch! :eek:

cc322
I wonder what city that was? and you never mentioned what you shot at golf , did you break 90? please dont tell me it was casta :D good luck with your new job

summerlove
09-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Where is that picture?!?! :confused:
you know, I had to clear out my computer at work and I had like over 1,000 pics of vacations, etc that I've downloaded over the years. I came across that pic and said I'd never need it to I didn't copy it over - should have....oh well....

summerlove
09-01-2004, 07:53 PM
I wonder what city that was? and you never mentioned what you shot at golf , did you break 90? please dont tell me it was casta :D good luck with your new job
LOL...I played the new Arroyo Trabuco course yesterday (east end of Avery parkway). Very nice course! Great restaurant also - nice little secret. I'm gonna miss that place. Oh yea, and I shot a 108 :cry:

Debbolas
09-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Now, if you give up Sheriff, who will sit on your lap? :eek:

BarryMac
09-02-2004, 06:02 AM
I shot a 108 yesterday so I'm definitely not going on the tour
But you had fun right???
Anyway, I'm going to go and work for a local public transit company as a the c.o.o. Should be a pretty good job!
Is it NCTD???
gjb

rodnjen
09-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Sounds like we're in the same line of work. I work for a "large agency" in OC so I understand the nature of local politics. Best of luck in your new direction. :D

summerlove
09-02-2004, 07:36 AM
But you had fun right???
Is it NCTD???
gjb
yes, but do not tell anyone.....shhh.... ;)

summerlove
09-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Now, if you give up Sheriff, who will sit on your lap? :eek:
why you, of course! :cool: I'm such a DOM..... :rollside: