PDA

View Full Version : Red Light Photo Ticket

Kerny
09-01-2004, 07:40 PM
I was wondering if anyone has got a Ticket from one of those red light photos. I got one in the mail a couple of days ago. I knew that it happened because I threw my hands above my face. Is there is a way out of this. Any help would be great.
Anthony
:messedup:

ahhell
09-01-2004, 07:43 PM
dont run red lights????????? :confused:

throwerb
09-01-2004, 07:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone has got a Ticket from one of those red light photos. I got one in the mail a couple of days ago. I knew that it happened because I threw my hands above my face. Is there is a way out of this. Any help would be great.
Anthony
Yes, tell them that cousin it and Thing from the Adams family car jacked you :D

JetBoatRich
09-01-2004, 07:50 PM
there was a guy I worked with, he received one. The car was registered to his dad, the ticket went to his dad :yuk: his dad said no big deal pay the ticket and he took the point for his son :cool:
Not a solution for you :notam: but enjoyed teh story when he told it to me. The picture was a clean shot of him

RiverToysJas
09-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Do they photograph both ends of the car? Will not having a front plate mean you'll never get one? I know it used to be case near my office in Century City.
RTJas :D

riverbound
09-01-2004, 07:58 PM
I dont have front plates on any of my cars for that reason. I will pay the $10 fix it any day.

Boatcop
09-01-2004, 07:59 PM
You can always do what that guy in the urban legend story did.
He got a picture of himself in the mail along with the $80 red light ticket. So he sent in a photo of 4 $20 dollar bills.
About a week later they sent him a picture of handcuffs. :2purples:
Just pay the ticket, slow down, and remember that red means stop. :hammerhea

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 08:00 PM
I thought this was a no brainer too. :cool:

Kerny
09-01-2004, 08:03 PM
I usually drive the speed limit or even slower, but the damn cell phone and fighting with the woman got me. :hammerhea

ratso
09-01-2004, 08:05 PM
I usually drive the speed limit or even slower, but the damn cell phone and fighting with the woman got me. :hammerhea
That'll damn sure do it every time.

Misogynist
09-01-2004, 08:12 PM
If your face can't be clearly seen... then you can deny it...... :rollside:

Big_Gunz_
09-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Do they photograph both ends of the car? Will not having a front plate mean you'll never get one? I know it used to be case near my office in Century City.
RTJas :D
The new cameras systems now take pictures of both ends of your car. Some places are using a camera system that takes a video of the intersection. It shows the vehicle(s) approaching the intersection, entering the intersection, and driving through the intersection. It’s pretty much a slam-dunk unless you can prove that it wasn’t you behind the wheel.

Dr. Eagle
09-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Anthony
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHX ATC
09-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Don't call them to verify you have a ticket. Don't respond to it. Don't show up at court. When they send a summons out with those morons who "serve" you with legal stuff, you are not at home or who they are asking for. Dodge everybody, everything, and suspect folk for 90 days (actually it could be longer).
In AZ, they have a certain time frame to serve you with the ticket and without you signing the ticket, showing up in court, or calling, they have no proof that you actually got the ticket. Oh, don't sign for any registered letters or UPS or Fedex packages or deliveries.
So, if you want to live your life that way for whatever time frame it is...go ahead and give it a try. One thing, if those "server" folks catch up to you, guess what? You have to pay their fee as well as the ticket when it comes time to pay the reaper.
Food for thought...we've never got the red light running kind, but momma's gotten a couple of speeding camera ones and we ignored all the requests to pay their stuff. Nothing on the wanted list either...we have friends in spots that can check.

C-2
09-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Are they kinda like the fastrack tickets where if you don't fess up, they place a lien against registration?
Some of the cities have gone overboard. Look at the intersection at Adams/Harbor(?) in Costa Mesa - good god, looks like Charley set up for Van Halen with all the staging, lights and cameras. Can't tell you how many cups of soda/water have ended up in the radio cruising thru that town!!!
:squiggle: :squiggle:

Rexone
09-01-2004, 08:51 PM
According to Bob near the end of this thread, these tickets are not enforceable (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53252)
Check it out. :)

Kilrtoy
09-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Well at least you didnt hit a motorcop and kill him LIKE SOME ****ING ASSHOLE DID TODAY IN SAN BERNANDINO. PAY THE TICKET IF YOU DID IT SHOW SOME INTEGRITY :hammerhea

MAINEVENT
09-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Did the crime pay the fine :D

EliminatorJet
09-01-2004, 09:42 PM
I got one of those a little while ago - (see rexone's link). the truck was in my dad's name, so he sent in the form of non-liability to transfer it to me, and whatever agency that handles these spelled my name wrong, but my dl info is there. Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot you can do though.

C-2
09-01-2004, 09:51 PM
On a sidenote, I don't have a front license plate (beacause I'm one of those dumb-ass server guys referred to in this thread). But anyhow...
You have to be careful where you park with no license plate - or expired tags, cracked windshield, tinited windows, low tread pretty much anything. If you park on a public street in a downtown or metro area - yopu might come back to a ticket the size of the first testament.
this happened to me a few years back in Santa Monica. The meter wasn't expired - but I had a ticket for no front plate and cracked windshield. Almost every car had a ticket - all courtesy of the meter reader.
Anything for a buck :eek: :eek: :eek:

Keithb87
09-01-2004, 09:55 PM
I got it here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2488499311&category=42611&sspagename=WDVW)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1217AntiPhoto_Radar.jpg
I put one of these on my car... :cool: :)
They are LEGAL in AZ

Havasubum
09-01-2004, 10:35 PM
I dont have front plates on any of my cars for that reason. I will pay the $10 fix it any day.
i got pulled over for tinted windows and no front plate and the tickets was 75 bucks i believe. i wish it was still 10 bucks unless i got riped of

JetBoatRich
09-02-2004, 04:54 AM
I got it here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2488499311&category=42611&sspagename=WDVW)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1217AntiPhoto_Radar.jpg
I put one of these on my car... :cool: :)
They are LEGAL in AZ
Never seen that before :jawdrop:

Kachina26
09-02-2004, 05:43 AM
Not leagal in Ca, no plate cover is. I just bought another Hyundai, please don't run anymore red lights :notam:

Huckleberry
09-02-2004, 05:46 AM
Let me see, they have you photographed running a red light and you want to know if you can get out of it? Uhhh NNOOOOOO! They have you on camera committing the violation!!! How in God's green earth are you gonna dispute it? Go to traffic school to keep it from going on your DMV record and stop next time.

BarryMac
09-02-2004, 05:50 AM
thank you Ahhell, this is the most logical answer yet...
gjb

ahhell
09-02-2004, 06:13 AM
thank you Ahhell, this is the most logical answer yet...
gjb
:D Ive done it too...inattention sometimes. its the deliberate assholes id like to shoot, and will, if anything happens to my wife or kids :sqeyes:

PHX ATC
09-02-2004, 06:24 AM
Just to set the record straight.....nobody in our family has gotten a red light running ticket. The evasive manuevers I listed were a general direction as to how to evade a speeding photo radar ticket.
I don't agree with running a red light. I just offered up some suggestions if he were really really interested in trying to avoid the $100 bucks or so. I don't condone red light running.
I know nothing was pointed at me and really am cool with people standing up and saying not to run them.
Just wanted to make sure ya'll know I'm not walking on the other side of the line on this issue. Besides, I drive too slow here in Arizona to make anyone take a photo picture of me...they're plenty of other drivers that drive by me like I'm standing still. :rolleyes:

BarryMac
09-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Just to set the record straight.....nobody in our family has gotten a red light running ticket. The evasive manuevers I listed were a general direction as to how to evade a speeding photo radar ticket.
I don't agree with running a red light. I just offered up some suggestions if he were really really interested in trying to avoid the $100 bucks or so. I don't condone red light running.
I know nothing was pointed at me and really am cool with people standing up and saying not to run them.
Just wanted to make sure ya'll know I'm not walking on the other side of the line on this issue. Besides, I drive too slow here in Arizona to make anyone take a photo picture of me...they're plenty of other drivers that drive by me like I'm standing still. :rolleyes:
Not pointing fingers at ya PHX ATC, your post was informative to say the least, not really mad at people for trying to beat the tickets either, just seems the only logical answer is pay attention and don't run the red lights and you wont get a ticket...just my .02
gjb

WriedtStuff
09-02-2004, 06:48 AM
DON'T RUN RED LIGHTS.....PAY THE TICKET! It will cost you less in the long run....
This is allot more expensive than any ticket. (http://www.kimmershow.com/SupportFiles/Scripts/FileTamer.asp?FileID=1358)
Watch the pedestrian....

Keithb87
09-02-2004, 07:51 AM
DON'T RUN RED LIGHTS.....PAY THE TICKET! It will cost you less in the long run....
This is allot more expensive than any ticket. (http://www.kimmershow.com/SupportFiles/Scripts/FileTamer.asp?FileID=1358)
Watch the pedestrian....
OUCH :cry: :squiggle: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Jordy
09-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Besides, I drive too slow here in Arizona to make anyone take a photo picture of me...they're plenty of other drivers that drive by me like I'm standing still. :rolleyes:
Maybe if you drove something other than a Dodge you wouldn't have that problem. :D :D :D
As far as the photo radar, there are so many reasons why it's unconstitutional (and entrapment ;) ), among other legal problems. First off, when you get the little deal in the mail, it's improper service. You have to be served by an individual. If you read the citiation and all the legal mumbo jumbo on the back, you're signing away that right when you sign and acknowlege it.
Secondly, you have the right to confront your accuser in a court of law. How can you confront a camera? Typically, if you fight it in court, the company that runs the camera sends a representative with all the documentation, but it's not the person who was in the van that day as they're out with their van getting more pictures.
Then there is the issue where it's reviewed and signed by a peace officer. There was a big deal made out here a while back because they were rubber stamping signatures on the citations based upon the sheer volume. A couple cities were even printing the citations out with the signature already in place. No good.
I've gotten two photo radar tickets in my life. I paid the first one. The second one "never made it to me. Must have gotten lost in the mail." With an address out of Maricopa county they don't try to serve you as there are too many others in town to justify the expense. I figure by paying one, if something happens down the road, I can just tell them I only got one and paid it. It's a problem with the way they serve the citations.
The red light cameras are another story. Phoenix is one of the top cities in the country for red light running. I see it all the time when I'm out driving around for work. Lights that have been red for 10 seconds and are green the other way. Lots of areas that you won't catch me being the first car into the intersection. Not that brave. Won't get a whole lot of sympathy on the red light camera deal. If you're in that big of a hurry, you should have left the house 2 minutes earlier. :D

FunOnTheWater
09-02-2004, 08:16 AM
I don't see as many people that come through an intersection, compared to the ones that speed up to make the right turn right in front you. :confused:
Your light turns green, you preceed forward when some idiot comes flying around the corner :hammerhea thinking it was ok, it is only a right turn and they don't have to stop for the red :o

HP350SC
09-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Nothing pisses me off more than 3 or 4 cars still turning left in front of me and my light is green. I usually blip the throttle to lift the front end and that makes 'em panic as I lean on my horn.

HP350SC
09-02-2004, 08:24 AM
And another thing. When people are in line on a left turn light and you know it doesn't stay green long, get the hell moving :smile: If everyone began moving in unison with the front car a lot more people would get through. But NOOO, everybody with their 85 yr. old reaction time just waits until the car in front of them gets rolling.

JetBoatRich
09-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Nothing pisses me off more than 3 or 4 cars still turning left in front of me and my light is green. I usually blip the throttle to lift the front end and that makes 'em panic as I lean on my horn.
My wife hates when I do that, but it gets their attention and maybe next time they will just stop.

throwerb
09-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Nothing brings people together like a traffic ticket :smile:

PHX ATC
09-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Maybe if you drove something other than a Dodge you wouldn't have that problem. :D :D :D
Are you telling me my Dodges are the fastest thing around? :D
Actually it was in the Acura RL that momma got her tickets. I guess the big heavy Dodge is too heavy and big to get going that fast!
Good points on the ticket serving. All true points.
I agree with Jordy, sadly, once again...this is embarrassing. :rolleyes:

Jordy
09-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Are you telling me my Dodges are the fastest thing around? :D
Actually, I was saying the opposite. :D
I agree with Jordy, sadly, once again...this is embarrassing. :rolleyes:
You love it. :D :D :D

repo man
09-02-2004, 09:17 AM
i had just repo'ed a brand new f-350 with dealer paper plates and got gaught at a red light camera signal that wouldn't change. i had my driver ,who is very hairy put his hairy a s s against the windshield and i ran it. it was 330 in the morning and we kept doing it about 15 times . i've never laughed so hard in my life just thinking about the poor bastard that had to look at that!

HM
09-02-2004, 09:28 AM
The red light cameras are another story. Phoenix is one of the top cities in the country for red light running. I see it all the time when I'm out driving around for work. Lights that have been red for 10 seconds and are green the other way. Lots of areas that you won't catch me being the first car into the intersection. Not that brave. Won't get a whole lot of sympathy on the red light camera deal. If you're in that big of a hurry, you should have left the house 2 minutes earlier. :D
I read an article on Red Light Cameras years ago and how Phoenix, and more specifically, Snottsdale, was one of the pioneering cities. They had more that just the people trying to beat the yellows - because many of the lights a few years back were on timers, some people would just go after sitting for a while. The problem was the cars behind them were not paying attention and went as well and next thing you know, especially with those 55 MPH roads!! I actually witnessed that type of red light running in AZ quite a few times as AZ was part of my sales territory for 10 years. I have to say that the Phoenix area has the worst drivers in the U.S. - a combination of blue hairs and transient fugitives with 110 degrees made for agitated driving. Don't get me wrong - once you get outside of Phoenix, I think AZ has the best drivers. Never fails when running down the freeway at speed, the only people who never get out of the fast lane are people with Cali plates (and sometimes NV). AZ drivers seem to use the fast lane as a passing lane and have no problem with people wanting to pass them so they stay right.

spectratoad
09-02-2004, 09:36 AM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/red-light-camera-intro.jpg

dmontzsta
09-02-2004, 09:43 AM
i had just repo'ed a brand new f-350 with dealer paper plates and got gaught at a red light camera signal that wouldn't change. i had my driver ,who is very hairy put his hairy a s s against the windshield and i ran it. it was 330 in the morning and we kept doing it about 15 times . i've never laughed so hard in my life just thinking about the poor bastard that had to look at that!
Was that the caveman? hahahaha please tell me it was.

repo man
09-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Was that the caveman? hahahaha please tell me it was.
nah another one of my friends that's even worse!!

dmontzsta
09-02-2004, 10:01 AM
nah another one of my friends that's even worse!!
dang, thats scary.
Whats the caveman up to? is he building anything at the moment?

dirty old man
09-02-2004, 10:12 AM
jordy, did you have Kerry help you with that part about be unconstitutional and entrapment, then change your attitude by the last paragraph?
There a dead policeman in Rancho Cucamonga today because of red lite runner.

Jordy
09-02-2004, 10:21 AM
jordy, did you have Kerry help you with that part about be unconstitutional and entrapment, then change your attitude by the last paragraph?
Uh no I actually didn't change my story anywhere in it. As far as the Kerry thing, that was clever too. I don't need any help with the posts I put up. ;)
The entrapment deal was based on a previous thread about getting out of a ticket. Kind of an inside joke, must have missed that, along with the flow and meaning of the rest of my post. That is why the entrapment comment was in ( ) and had a ;) next to it.
If you'll read it, I said that I don't believe photo radar is a good thing and I've said that and felt that from the first day it was out. Call it what you want, but it's a cash register for the cities.
I also said that red light running is a real problem and someone shouldn't expect a lot of sympathy for a red light ticket as it is a real problem. Perhaps you should go back and read it again and spend a little more time understanding it, and a little less time jumping to conclusions. It's spelled out very clearly.
Thanks for your concern though. :rolleyes:

AzDon
09-02-2004, 10:26 AM
If I lived in a locale that did that, I'd put back bumpers on my pickups that had no plate pocket.... then I'd mount the plate about a foot underneath the rear so it can be seen from a driving position, but not a standing position.... most of those cameras are placed up high! An even better variation of this would be to get the motorized street-rod setup that folds the plate up against the bottom of the car.... Hands in front of face...Classic!
I don't condone running a red light, but there is more to this.....Several articles on this subject have pointed out that the camera company is on commission and has written into their contracts that if an intersection yeilds less than their quota, They (camera company) insist on a shorter yellow light to increase the yeild! IMO, most yellow lights are unjustifiably too short for a safe stop at the legal speed/distance. Technology exists that would make accidentally running a red impossible.....but it's costs would only yeild safety- NO CASH!!
Another thing- Regarding folks waiting to turn left.... As long as their front bumper is in the intersection, it is their right and obligation to complete their turn, even on red, before folks going the other way go. Even though their light is green, they must wait for the intersection to clear before proceeding!
Anticipating (rolling) a fresh green light only works if the intersection is clear!

Jordy
09-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey Dirty Old Man, what no reply? No apology that ya might have read it wrong??? :wink: :cool:

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Deputy Sheriff Ronald Ives
San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
California
End of Watch: Wednesday, September 1, 2004
Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 8 yrs
Badge Number: Not available
Incident Details
Cause of Death: Motorcycle accident
Date of Incident: Wednesday, September 1, 2004
Weapon Used: Not available
Suspect Info: Died from injuries sustained
Deputy Ives was struck and killed by a vehicle driven by a person who had gone through a red light at a high rate of speed.
Deputy Ives was passing through the intersection of Baseline Road and Archibald Avenue in Rancho Cucamonga when the driver of an SUV ran the red light and struck his police motorcycle at approximately 50 miles per hour.
Deputy Ives was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries approximately one hour later. The 60 year-old driver of the vehicle who struck his motorcycle also died from injuries sustained in the accident.
Deputy Ives had served with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department for 8 years. He is survived by his wife and son.
PAY THE DAMN TICKET YOU DESERVED IT.....

JetBoatRich
09-06-2004, 08:40 PM
That is why you don't red lights :sqeyes: stop signs, etc