PDA

View Full Version : scoops or no scoops

SSTahoe
09-02-2004, 06:35 AM
I have a 42' sonic that I am repowering form (2) 800SC to 1100's. The problem I have is their is only 1.75 of a inch to the engine cover so i have to cut it because of the intercoolers. I can cut the hatch and make a box to cover the air cleaners and have the deck repadded or just install scoops painted to match. The problem is the noise for the people in the back seat :notam: I thought maybe if they are crying I could just plug the scoop holes to stop their bitchen, but I wanted to know what other hot boaters think about both ideas.
Thanks, Chris

CAHotRodBoy
09-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Go with the scoops, they'll give you more power. As far as the extra noise, you can't hear anything at WOT anyway. Get the intercom system. My friend has them on his 38 Hustler and they are awsome. You can actually talk to each other and they block out all the outer noise.

SSTahoe
09-02-2004, 08:02 AM
I thought it would be a little safer with more air passing throught the engine bay at no wake zone speeds too.. Plus they do look nice!!!!!

Magic34
09-02-2004, 01:26 PM
I have boats with both. My current boat has 2 scoops and I LOVE them. Not even taking into account the fact they they are functional for the motors, they are cool as hell.

SSTahoe
09-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Who should I buy these from I have checked out Harwood. Is their any others out their that are made for boats????
Thanks