PDA

View Full Version : Who Builds Walls in Havasu?

djunkie
09-03-2004, 07:06 AM
Who have you guys used. Good and the bad. Can anyone refer the good ones. Not necessarily looking for the cheapest guy but someone who won't rape me and will do a good job.

Essex502
09-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Who have you guys used. Good and the bad. Can anyone refer the good ones. Not necessarily looking for the cheapest guy but someone who won't rape me and will do a good job.
I used Larry Deermer @ Lake Havasu Masonry to build a 80' long by 4' to 8' tapered retaining wall recently. He came in pretty cost effective and did great work but was late in meeting my schedule. He was $3K cheaper than the two others that quoted the job but missing the deadline has delayed building my house. The work he did was excellent. His reasons for the delay was running into - as he said - unexpectedly hard rock that he had to borrow bigger equipment to dig. He stated that he was taking "an inch per cut" in removing the rock. I'd recommend him completely if you can work with his schedule. My job was one of his smaller jobs. His number is (928) 486-0048 (cell). Once he had the rock cut he put the wall up in no time at all.

imbndvs
09-03-2004, 07:34 AM
I used Joe Vatela. His # is 928-855-1615.
He did a GREAT job AND did it on time!
Joe is a great guy and gave a fair price.

Sherpa
09-03-2004, 06:19 PM
I used Larry Deermer @ Lake Havasu Masonry to build a 80' long by 4' to 8' tapered retaining wall recently. He came in pretty cost effective and did great work but was late in meeting my schedule. He was $3K cheaper than the two others that quoted the job but missing the deadline has delayed building my house. The work he did was excellent. His reasons for the delay was running into - as he said - unexpectedly hard rock that he had to borrow bigger equipment to dig. He stated that he was taking "an inch per cut" in removing the rock. I'd recommend him completely if you can work with his schedule. My job was one of his smaller jobs. His number is (928) 486-0048 (cell). Once he had the rock cut he put the wall up in no time at all.
sounds like the guy did an excellent job.. and was a great price by quote.
but the way you wrote that, It sounds more like a slam than a postive
referral.
--Sherpa