PDA

View Full Version : When you wash your truck.....

Mandelon
09-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Do you do up under the wheel wells? On my old truck I did not bother, but with the new one, I actually wipe out the dirt from under the fenders....... :supp:

mike37
09-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Do you do up under the wheel wells? On my old truck I did not bother, but with the new one, I actually wipe out the dirt from under the fenders....... :supp:
you gotta be kidding me why would I do that my self
I have a perfectly good kid for that what are kid for if you cant
make them wash the cars and trucks for ya :cool:

BigDogIvan
09-04-2004, 10:22 PM
I most definatly wash out the the fender wells. I only do it to knock out the road dirt and crap out to keep it building up. To get anel I will wipe them out if there looking real bad.
BD

NorCal Gameshow
09-04-2004, 10:32 PM
the lip, yes but that's it....
the fenderwell, no...

Drunk tank
09-04-2004, 10:36 PM
I wash the hell out of my jeep. inside the fenders... then under the body itself... get my axles, driveshaft, skid plates...even the damn Tcase. I'm under that vehicle so damn much I like to have it clean so when I hit something with a wrench or hammer...pieces of dirt dont fall in my eyes.

100mbs
09-04-2004, 10:37 PM
I always clean up underneath the fender wells. With the white truck and white under boady dirt is easy to see.

Big_Gunz_
09-04-2004, 10:37 PM
I don't wipe them down, just pressure wash the under carriage of the truck.

Rexone
09-05-2004, 02:42 AM
But do you wipe out all the door jambs when you wash?
:eek:

Sherpa
09-05-2004, 05:14 AM
I wash the hell out of my jeep. inside the fenders... then under the body itself... get my axles, driveshaft, skid plates...even the damn Tcase. I'm under that vehicle so damn much I like to have it clean so when I hit something with a wrench or hammer...pieces of dirt dont fall in my eyes.
this needs to be pasted and put in POR..........lol.
--Sherpa

RiverOtter
09-05-2004, 05:15 AM
Nope, but I do was the top. Know alot of people that don't do that.

JetBoatRich
09-05-2004, 05:54 AM
When not taken to the car wash :D we do the wheel wells, under the truck, door jams, etc. Then the inside :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Takes a long time :hammer2: but sure feel better when it is all done

Kachina26
09-05-2004, 06:50 AM
Now, here is the important part especially since it is a new truck. When you are done wiping jams, fender wells, etc. take that towel and wipe down under the hood. That way 2-3 years from now you won't be on here asking how to best steam clean your engine. Because at that point I will tell you don't. Under my hood looks cherry from this technique. And at least once a year wax all the painted metal under there. :D

bigq
09-05-2004, 06:56 AM
fender wells, door jams, exposed frame, under the hood... everywash.
once a month I was engine bay and undercarriage with simple green and pressure washer, then use this engine detailer (mostly silicone spray) on the engine upper and lower and all rubber.
way to much time on my hands :wink:

FRENCHIE
09-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Now, here is the important part especially since it is a new truck. When you are done wiping jams, fender wells, etc. take that towel and wipe down under the hood. That way 2-3 years from now you won't be on here asking how to best steam clean your engine. Because at that point I will tell you don't. Under my hood looks cherry from this technique. And at least once a year wax all the painted metal under there. :D
hey now thats a good idea...im on it !!! :p

Mandelon
09-05-2004, 08:34 AM
K I feel better, my wife looked at me like i was nuts, running a rag up under the wheel wells.
Door jambs...absolutely. The roof, usually. Under the hood? Not lately but next time I will heed that advice. My truck hasn't even seen any rain yet......

Danhercules
09-05-2004, 08:45 AM
We have a seprate brush for the weel wells. Dont wanna get that dirt on the same rag or sponge the hits the paint. That could be an :2purples: :eek: :2purples: :eek:

ORSpectra20
09-05-2004, 09:07 AM
I always wash out under the fender wells and anywhere else I can get under the vehicle. These are the places that dirt and mud collect and rust out the vehicles over time. If you live in the east or on any coast this should be a daily chore to salvage your vehicle form the SALT that is used on the roads in the winter. It is more corrosive than the dirt that settles in these areas.

voodoomedman
09-05-2004, 09:10 AM
I do it. I even wash my shocks and stuff. My truck is lifted so you can see all that stuff.

Drunk tank
09-05-2004, 09:52 AM
this needs to be pasted and put in POR..........lol.
--Sherpa
Everyone over there already knows I've got the prettiest jeep there is.
:wink:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-05-2004, 09:57 AM
when I wash the truck I do under the wheel wells,in the door jams, under the hood where leaves collect and the bed of the truck.. and it takes me forever.. :cry: but she looks perdy.. :)

Kim Hanson
09-05-2004, 10:28 AM
I remember the days when I use to, that was when I had a new truck! Wife cured that for me........ :cry: .....( . )( . ).........

WUTWZAT
09-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Guilty here, I not only wash the undercarriage, the shocks and other areas on my lifted truck, but I dress the black plastic in the wheel wells. And yes I do the door jams and everything, sometimes after washing I'll go over all moving parts with a little WD-40. Only problem is if you WD-40 before going in the dust the dust just attaches to those parts.
Before I had a lifted truck I still dressed the black plastic in the wheel wells, makes it look like a new truck.
Jason

SoCalOffshore
09-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Of course. I make sure the guys at the car wash get under there real good. :D

ahhell
09-05-2004, 07:18 PM
But do you wipe out all the door jambs when you wash?
:eek:
i live on a dirt road, we do everything underneath when we washesp. the door jambs, and use an air compressor on the grill.....anal, i think so. four years old and looks new :cool:

anxious
09-05-2004, 09:02 PM
i do....then again that is the business i own
Clean Touch Detail
714 553-9421

Froggystyle
09-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Dude, I Armor All my wheelwells!
I think you are fine... :D

WUTWZAT
09-06-2004, 10:49 AM
ANXIOUS, was that truck recently diplayed at the Al & Ed's Autosound in Aliso Viejo? I saw a similar looking truck up on the curb there, thought it looked familiar but benji of the leash was about to start :confused: .
Jason

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Come on Mandelon,
Post the pic of you washing your truck with a wet t-shirt and little short shorts! :wink: :wink:
:rollside:
Leeeeeeen-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:p

Mandelon
09-06-2004, 11:26 AM
LOL. That'd be sooo pretty.... :hammerhea

GlastronGuy
09-06-2004, 11:46 AM
you gotta be kidding me why would I do that my self
I have a perfectly good kid for that what are kid for if you cant
make them wash the cars and trucks for ya :cool:
I wouldn't trust a kid to do it. They'd drop the sponge into the dirt, pick it up and keep "washing" the truck.