PDA

View Full Version : Johnson valley info??

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 12:33 PM
anyone been there?Weve never been,have some people going soon,,any info would be great

HOOTER SLED-
12-27-2005, 12:41 PM
It's off the 15 fwy. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Jeff will be out there this weekend for some race. I'll be out Saturday night for the festivities, but I can't leave the puppies for the whole weekend. It's cold this time of year, but it's great jeepin'.

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Jeff will be out there this weekend for some race. I'll be out Saturday night for the festivities, but I can't leave the puppies for the whole weekend. It's cold this time of year, but it's great jeepin'.
in a trailer good?How cold is it during the day?Does it get windy,also is it fun in a rhino?Any help wolud be good,I hate not having info and just hittin the road to a new spot

Mr. Pixilated
12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Been going there since '86. That place can get FK'n cold. The wind can also get a blow'n...Watch your weather forecast. Its on the back side of Big Bear, elevation approx 3k, it can snow too...15 north, exit Bear Valley road go east for 45 min's or so....past the city of Lucerne...

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 01:04 PM
that may eliminate that spot for this weekend,wife would freeeze her asss off

HOOTER SLED-
12-27-2005, 01:07 PM
What about El Mirage?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-27-2005, 01:13 PM
We went to Johnson Valley once. It snowed and the riding sucked. We ended up leaving the next morning and driving out to Ocotillo. :rollside:

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 01:16 PM
We went to Johnson Valley once. It snowed and the riding sucked. We ended up leaving the next morning and driving out to Ocotillo. :rollside:
occotillo this weekend?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Johnson Valley is where the hard-core rock crawlers go. You could cruise around on your rhino, but the trails are some of the gnarliest, if not THE gnarliest in the nation for Jeeping.

Sportin' Wood
12-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Cold and windy, most all of the time. But it is home to more 10 plus rock crawling trails then any where else. Multiple comp sites as well. Rock crawling may not have been born in JV but it was defined there.
Some sand dunes but nothing to brag about, great open desert go fast stuff and a few race courses as well. Camping flat a$$ sucks in most spots but the Cougar Butts area on the Lucern side is really nice. The boone road acess road can be a bitch with camping in means dry lake sucking the worst. I sugest the Camp Rock Road side.
Not one of the better OHV area's in ca. for camping but the crowds are small due to that. Out side of the camping the place fully kicks a$$.
exploring with a rhino might be fun, theres plenty of area to do that. Just be carefull if you try to get it up one of the Jeep trails they turn bad quick.
Little LEO activity in most of JV limited to a drive by in both Means dry lake and Cougar buttes. with the later seeing the most activity.
Means dry lake is always a party on New Years. Most of So Ca's hard core Rock crawler scene will be in JV this weekend so you can always check out the dum A$$es like me breaking our junk.
Good luck and SSSSHHHHHhhhhhhh We like JV with no crowds!
SW

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 01:22 PM
thanks

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-27-2005, 01:24 PM
occotillo this weekend?
Yep! We are leaving thursday night and staying thru monday. :p

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Yep! We are leaving thursday night and staying thru monday. :p
may be on wolf road,way down by the wash,,my sisters going there

Froggystyle
12-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Johnson Valley is where the hard-core rock crawlers go. You could cruise around on your rhino, but the trails are some of the gnarliest, if not THE gnarliest in the nation for Jeeping.
You meant "Scouting", right... ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-27-2005, 01:36 PM
may be on wolf road,way down by the wash,,my sisters going there
We will be just past Hidden Valley Camp on Cahuilla Trail.

Sportin' Wood
12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
LOL. Sorry there are no fields to plow out there! :p :argue:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-27-2005, 01:41 PM
LOL--Nope! Jeepin'. But you are in luck. You can go "Jeepin'" in a Scout.

pixilatedpussy
12-27-2005, 01:54 PM
What about El Mirage?
BOOOORRRRRIIIINNNG! & Flat. :p

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 01:54 PM
prom date

pixilatedpussy
12-27-2005, 01:55 PM
prom date
LOL! Yes! :220v: :p I like things lumpy & wild! Like me!!! :p

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 01:56 PM
you just got back,,,easy into it gently,.

pixilatedpussy
12-27-2005, 01:58 PM
you just got back,,,easy into it gently,.
Yah...no one want to just nail these hills...cuz they might get hurt!!!! :crossx:

Havasu Luvr
12-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Johnson Vlly is ok.....it all depends on what kind of riding you like to do? A few of us are going to Stoddard Vlly OHV area on thurs. Only a few miles from home and the riding is better. Doing a run to Slash "X" for lunch and drinks and a party on sat night. Weather is low 30's and mid 60's - mid 70's depending on the clouds. Great riding weather. If you want warmth then the lower desert will be you cup of tea :rolleyes: Plenty of camp spots in Stoddard Vlly. Welcome to join

HOOTER SLED-
12-27-2005, 03:33 PM
You're talking about out by the lakebed on the South side. I mean on the North side up against the hills. It was cool when we went.

pixilatedpussy
12-27-2005, 03:42 PM
You're talking about out by the lakebed on the South side. I mean on the North side up against the hills. It was cool when we went.
Hmmm....dunno. ????

probablecause
12-27-2005, 03:43 PM
WOW! A lot of anti-Johnson Valley posts. Probably the best place to go if you want to get away from the crowd. We take CAMP ROCK ROAD up to a dry lake bed on the right (about five miles up) and go back about a mile or so. It is great riding for the kids on the open dry lake and lots of little trails. Don't get me wrong, I got my a$$ kicked there by a large rock which cost me three ribs. Pretty cold this time of the year but as a whole, it is closer than Glamis or Ocotillo and a fraction of the people. Great spring riding and fall (pre winter riding). The link below will take you to a site that has some pics of the area.
AflacRacing.com (http://www.aflacracing.com/images/index.php?cat=26)

Froggystyle
12-27-2005, 03:45 PM
LOL--Nope! Jeepin'. But you are in luck. You can go "Jeepin'" in a Scout.
Interesting. What is strange is that a lot of Jeeps couldn't go "Jeepin" where we went "Scouting"... ;)
Junk
Each and
Every
Part
Laughing through clenched teeth of course. True, we out-wheeled most Jeeps with that particular Scout, but my next rock crawler will definitely be a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited long travel.

HOOTER SLED-
12-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Hmmm....dunno. ????
Yea, not bad. Just hard to see the kids sometimes up there. The bushes and shrubs were kinda tall. Christian got lost his first time. BUt it was real dusty that day too.

pixilatedpussy
12-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Yea, not bad. Just hard to see the kids sometimes up there. The bushes and shrubs were kinda tall. Christian got lost his first time. BUt it was real dusty that day too.
LOL!!! He is such a funny kid! :p

HOOTER SLED-
12-27-2005, 03:58 PM
LOL!!! He is such a funny kid! :p
Yea, knucklehead gets all excited and takes off before I got to school him on the area. Well, we thought he was out tearing it up and following Dave's kids right around camp. They came back without him. I wasn't as worried about him getting lost as I was about him having problems breathing with his asthma and not being near us if he did. Epecially cuz the air was SOOO bad with wind and dust that day. AND the lil' dork didn't have his inhaler with him. :mad:

pixilatedpussy
12-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Yea, knucklehead gets all excited and takes off before I got to school him on the area. Well, we thought he was out tearing it up and following Dave's kids right around camp. They came back without him. I wasn't as worried about him getting lost as I was about him having problems breathing with his asthma and not being near us if he did. Epecially cuz the air was SOOO bad with wind and dust that day. AND the lil' dork didn't have his inhaler with him. :mad:
He is trying to be a big boy dad! :yuk: :rollside:

HOOTER SLED-
12-27-2005, 04:05 PM
He is trying to be a big boy dad! :yuk: :rollside:
I got noo problem with that. He just needs to listen to big daddy preach for a minute or two first.

pixilatedpussy
12-27-2005, 04:07 PM
I got noo problem with that. He just needs to listen to big daddy preach for a minute or two first.
I Know it!! LOL! Boys will be boys! :p

Magic34
12-27-2005, 04:19 PM
You are more than welcome at Gordons with us. Our entire group has Rhinos or carts. We do a lot of Rhino/cart rides.

JETEATER
12-27-2005, 05:31 PM
We will be out off of outlet center
The last set of motorhomes on the right hand side .
Off the main road to the left.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-27-2005, 06:38 PM
WOW! A lot of anti-Johnson Valley posts. Probably the best place to go if you want to get away from the crowd.
AflacRacing.com (http://www.aflacracing.com/images/index.php?cat=26)
Like DILLIGAF would say,, F-JV! :)
I like that most hate it. less people means more fun for me!

probablecause
12-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Like DILLIGAF would say,, F-JV! :)
I like that most hate it. less people means more fun for me!
Yeah, Yeah, JOHV sucks. Couldn't pay me to go back their in the spring!