PDA

View Full Version : Boyd Wheels?

Boatcop
09-06-2004, 03:46 PM
I would have posted this in the "Tow Vehicle" section, but this one gets more traffic.
Anyone have any experience with Boyd Coddington's wheels? I'm thinking of getting a set for the 'Hoe, and am looking for feedback.
Also, has anyone had any problems switching over the Tire Pressure Monitor sensors to aftermarket wheels?
Thanks in advance.

Party Cat
09-06-2004, 03:53 PM
I would have posted this in the "Tow Vehicle" section, but this one gets more traffic.
Anyone have any experience with Boyd Coddington's wheels? I'm thinking of getting a set for the 'Hoe, and am looking for feedback.
Also, has anyone had any problems switching over the Tire Pressure Monitor sensors to aftermarket wheels?
Thanks in advance.
Allen...I've had a set of Timeless 5's on my 98 Z28 for 5 years...had a problem with one 'center' that got a crack in it....they built a new one w/o any questions or problems...
PC

rivercrazy
09-06-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm sure his wheels are fine but I would never buy anything from him. He has stiffed a few vendors and banks in the past.....

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 04:13 PM
I think they are WAAAAAAAAAAY over priced, you can get knock offs that look better for half the price.....

roln 20s
09-06-2004, 06:04 PM
I had the prototype 17" Boyd Rodder wheel back in 1998. The wheel was awesome, quality was top notch, loved it. I traded someone those wheels with tires for some 20" B Coddington Rodders, which my Bro has had for 4 years on his 99 chevy. Once again, they are great. My only thing with their wheels is they are Billet--they are a pain in the ass to keep polished and they don't like hard lake water! If you are willing to keep them polished, I'd say get them, if you want something you can just rinse off and go with no maintenance, stick with something Chrome.
Roln 20s

throwerb
09-06-2004, 07:12 PM
No problems with three different sets. :D

PHOTOGLOU
09-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Thanks in advance.
You'll need to get the tire monitors reset but what size are you thinking???

wsuwrhr
09-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Kachina26 posted about this subject in a different thread. His is a tech for GM.
PM him, the fix seemed pretty simple.
Brian

Jrocket
09-07-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm sure his wheels are fine but I would never buy anything from him. He has stiffed a few vendors and banks in the past.....
Ive heard all kinds of rumors,but I'll wait for the hard facts first.Tired of hearing all the bs and no proof nowadays.

Nubbs
09-07-2004, 06:18 AM
I have a set of 17's on my 96 Chevy. I'm quite satisfied with the wheels. I lost a couple center caps on one of the wheels, but everytime I went back they immediately gave me a new cap free of charge.
Nubb

1Shockwaveguy
09-07-2004, 08:19 AM
I had 17's a few years back with 40 series tired and seemed I dented those weak ass wheels every month and at 200 to re-hoop it aint cheap.

Boatcop
09-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Jay,
I plan on staying with the stock tires, 265/70/R71. They seem like quality, and I can't see dumping new tires with 40,000 miles left on 'em. I know the TPM sensors will need to be reset. I read up on the procedure: Car in park, key on, light switch 3 times, dance a jig, do 4 somersaults, then spin around 3 times, etc. etc. etc.....
I think I've decided AGAINST Boyds. I sent them an email asking a few questions, and got a one line answer: ASK THE DISTRIBUTOR.
That's not the customer service I'm looking for.
Maybe Eagle Alloy 118s or something similar. The search continues.

ratso
09-07-2004, 11:23 AM
I like my Weld Racing Wheels...but my Pro Comp tires suck as far as wear goes.

BowTie Rick
09-07-2004, 11:43 AM
KMC are some good peoples. Web site is more flash than facts but they've always treated me right. www.kmcwheels.com

jenndon
09-07-2004, 11:44 AM
I always use Budnik wheels. Never had good luck with Boyd's
Budnik.com

al cole'holic
09-07-2004, 12:05 PM
..congrats on the T'ho BoatPig, at least Jay came through on your deal...

Jrocket
09-07-2004, 12:19 PM
I want to make it clear that my earlier post wasnt saying Rivercrazy is wrong or out of line.It was a general statement and not directed to him personally.
Just seems like nowadays somebody gets 2nd or 3rd or even later on facts and all the sudden they know it all.So many people know everything about everything in this world now.
Once again this doesnt have anything to do with what Rivercrazy said.He knows this already.

HavasuDreamin'
09-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Stay away from Colorado Custom. My wheels are bitchen, but the customer service was terrible. :devil:

Scream
09-07-2004, 12:43 PM
I want to make it clear that my earlier post wasnt saying Rivercrazy is wrong or out of line.It was a general statement and not directed to him personally.
Just seems like nowadays somebody gets 2nd or 3rd or even later on facts and all the sudden they know it all.So many people know everything about everything in this world now.
Once again this doesnt have anything to do with what Rivercrazy said.He knows this already.
Oh, way to go Jrocket, stirrin the shiat! j/k
I agree with what you say though, and not on this subject per se, but in general there's a lot of "suspect knowledge".
Scream
BTW, I've never spent the money on Boyds and probably never will. I'm a cheap bastard afterall...