PDA

View Full Version : Was the Sandbar really open on Labor Day?

mbrown2
09-07-2004, 03:49 PM
I heard that the Sandbar had the no mooring signs up, but that they could not enforce or hassle people who actually moored there....Never went up there to find out myself, but I am wondering if that were the case....something about blocking off the sandbar not being enforceable...
Anyone stop there?

Ivan Dan
09-07-2004, 03:54 PM
My bro was up there pretty much all day yesterday (Labor Day). He said it was pretty crowded out there and he ran into Kachina Ken and someone else from the boards.

NOTALENT
09-07-2004, 03:58 PM
When I went there there was noone...but the mini sandbar was going off...maybe he mistook it???

Phat Matt
09-07-2004, 04:00 PM
My bro was up there pretty much all day yesterday (Labor Day). He said it was pretty crowded out there and he ran into Kachina Ken and someone else from the boards.
I was parked right next to your bro for a while. He said peeps would come up and ask him if he was "Ivan Dan". :D

Ivan Dan
09-07-2004, 04:00 PM
When I went there there was noone...but the mini sandbar was going off...maybe he mistook it???
Naahhhh he was at the big sandbar all day yesterday.

BoatFloating
09-07-2004, 04:05 PM
When went by the Sandbar at 1pm Sunday and there was like 20 boats there. On the way back in the afternoon no boats were there at all. So I don't know the real story.... :burningm:

Ivan Dan
09-07-2004, 04:05 PM
I was parked right next to your bro for a while. He said peeps would come up and ask him if he was "Ivan Dan". :D
How come no one ever comes up when I'm around. :confused: I was in Havasu from Thursday to Sunday and no one. :) :cool:

Stealth Marine
09-07-2004, 04:37 PM
I heard that the Sandbar had the no mooring signs up, but that they could not enforce or hassle people who actually moored there....Never went up there to find out myself, but I am wondering if that were the case....something about blocking off the sandbar not being enforceable...
Anyone stop there?
It was open and full of people all day Monday.

XtrmWakeborder
09-07-2004, 04:41 PM
There were a couple dozen peeps there Sunday at around 2-3 we chilled for a bit then left..no le to be seen

hot_diggity_dog
09-07-2004, 04:41 PM
How come no one ever comes up when I'm around. :confused: I was in Havasu from Thursday to Sunday and no one. :) :cool:
I rolled within 8' from your transom and was waving like a retard to your peeps. They had the who the Fock is this guy look. Unless you seen me and ducked LOL. I think you where on the beach or something.
HDD :smile:

Phat Matt
09-07-2004, 04:44 PM
I saw you on Sunday before I blacked out parked on the other side of the channel so I couldn't walk over and say hi. SYA, PlyaPlya22, Bobaloo, Sbark1, Kachina Ken, and my other friends who aren't on the boards where all there together on the island side by the bathrooms at one point. I think it was a good party. If I forgot anyone, sorry, it wasn't me! :eek:

Totally IncapASSitated
09-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Hey Phat-
Ivan Dan's bro here...
Nice meeting you guys out there yesterday...not sure why you didn't join the no holds barred tackle football game!!!??? lol
HDD-
Sorry we missed you...most of the crew was probably in a drunken stuper!!! Will be sure to look for ya next time!!!

Phat Matt
09-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey Phat-
Ivan Dan's bro here...
Nice meeting you guys out there yesterday...not sure why you didn't join the no holds barred tackle football game!!!??? lol
Yeah, I was still recovering from the night before. I don't think tackle football would have helped much considering it was hard enough to walk around on my ankle yesterday. :(
Maybe next time!

hot_diggity_dog
09-07-2004, 04:54 PM
I saw you on Sunday before I blacked out parked on the other side of the channel so I couldn't walk over and say hi. SYA, PlyaPlya22, Bobaloo, Sbark1, Kachina Ken, and my other friends who aren't on the boards where all there together on the island side by the bathrooms at one point. I think it was a good party. If I forgot anyone, sorry, it wasn't me! :eek:
How did I miss you :rolleyes: I was right next to Bobaloo,and talked to SYA & Playa Playa. :D
HDD :cool:

KACHINA KEN
09-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I was still recovering from the night before. I don't think tackle football would have helped much considering it was hard enough to walk around on my ankle yesterday. :(
Maybe next time!
Yeah matt twisted it while chasing me on the bank after declaring he was gonna kick my ass cuz I wouldnt go swimming with him. It is just another example of why sprinting and Jaeger dont mix :messedup:

Phat Matt
09-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Yeah matt twisted it while chasing me on the bank after declaring he was gonna kick my ass cuz I wouldnt go swimming with him. It is just another example of why sprinting and Jaeger dont mix :messedup:
I think they should introduce it in the Olympics to boost ratings! :idea:

Phat Matt
09-07-2004, 06:44 PM
How did I miss you :rolleyes: I was right next to Bobaloo,and talked to SYA & Playa Playa. :D
HDD :cool:
Couldn't tell ya. It wasn't me. :supp: It was my drunk twin there that night. :D

Extreme Liquid
09-07-2004, 06:49 PM
It was open on Monday. What a gooooood time!!!

BOBALOO
09-07-2004, 07:32 PM
HDD, you are thinking of saturday, this was sunday night. Too bad we missed you guys the rest of the weekend cuz I heard the Goose Berries were just right.
MATT, what can I say? We had a BLAST! I hope you took some pictures so you can remember what happened sun night. Did you guys really stay in the channel until morning?
BTW it was great meeting you all again and I have a couple cd's of yours.

BOBALOO
09-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Oh and the Main sandbar was open with no markers or bouies on monday. It was getting pretty busy at about 1:30 but I had to start my way back so we didn't stop.

Phat Matt
09-07-2004, 07:36 PM
HDD, you are thinking of saturday, this was sunday night. Too bad we missed you guys the rest of the weekend cuz I heard the Goose Berries were just right.
MATT, what can I say? We had a BLAST! I hope you took some pictures so you can remember what happened sun night. Did you guys really stay in the channel until morning?
BTW it was great meeting you all again and I have a couple cd's of yours.
I am glad everyone had fun. We didn't stay in the channel till morning, but my boat did. I was in no condition to move that thing so a friend took Jen back to Windsor to get the truck, then we went home. In the morning we went back down to the channel, got in the boat, and headed up to the sandbar. What cd's are they? If they are my DJ sets, keep 'em. I can make more.

BOBALOO
09-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah one is a PHAT MATT cd and the other has a name of a guy or something hand written on it.
I wish I knew Jen needed a ride to Windsor b/c thats where we were goin when we left. You were having an awesome time! Do the words Captain Morgan mean anything to you? :D

Phat Matt
09-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Yeah one is a PHAT MATT cd and the other has a name of a guy or something hand written on it.
I wish I knew Jen needed a ride to Windsor b/c thats where we were goin when we left. You were having an awesome time! Do the words Captain Morgan mean anything to you? :D
You can just keep them. I can make more copies. I don't even want to know about the captain :2purples: :2purples:

Hallett19
09-07-2004, 08:25 PM
so was the sherrif boat parked there or not on sat/sun/mon ???

Ivan Dan
09-07-2004, 11:24 PM
I am glad everyone had fun. We didn't stay in the channel till morning, but my boat did. I was in no condition to move that thing so a friend took Jen back to Windsor to get the truck, then we went home. In the morning we went back down to the channel, got in the boat, and headed up to the sandbar. What cd's are they? If they are my DJ sets, keep 'em. I can make more.
Did you get a parking ticket at all? We parked next to some guy who left his boat in the channel Saturday night. He passed out when he got back to his hotel and came back the next morning about 8 or 9am to a $240 parking ticket stuck to his boat. Sucks to be him.

Ivan Dan
09-07-2004, 11:26 PM
I rolled within 8' from your transom and was waving like a retard to your peeps. They had the who the Fock is this guy look. Unless you seen me and ducked LOL. I think you where on the beach or something.
HDD :smile:
Next time for sure....bummer we missed ya....we still owe you some beers for the back up with the photo's when the boat got hit.

Ivan Dan
09-07-2004, 11:28 PM
I saw SYA roll through a couple times on Saturday and saw Kachina Ken towing his ride towards Windsor on Thursday morning. We are looking forward to meeting all of you guys sometime real soon.

That Guy
09-08-2004, 07:52 AM
We went by the main sandbar at around 10:00am on Sunday and it was closed with no boats at all. The mini sandbar was packed and going off. Ended up being part of the Phat Matt party in the channel till late Sunday night. Matt, very smart thing to leave the boat there. We asked Goldilocks if you guys needed a ride and she was pretty adamant that you guys weren't driving the boat anywhere. Smart girl.....had a great time as well.

Phat Matt
09-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Did you get a parking ticket at all? We parked next to some guy who left his boat in the channel Saturday night. He passed out when he got back to his hotel and came back the next morning about 8 or 9am to a $240 parking ticket stuck to his boat. Sucks to be him.
Nope. No ticket and we are all still alive. I don't think they hit everyone up on Sunday night. We were also there pretty late so maybe they were off duty by the time we left. If I would have gotten a ticket it would have been my fault for getting so trashed anyway. Besides, I didn't have to launch on Monday. :)

beer hunter
09-08-2004, 12:38 PM
I was up at the main Sandbar on Monday from around 10:30am till about 4:00pm. I saw Whipped Caliber, Marky Mark, Phat Matt and Ivan Dan's brother.....hope you get the boat fixed before he sees it :D J/K

Totally IncapASSitated
09-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey Beer-
Thanks for throwing me under the bus!!!! :hammerhea j/k
Hopefully we will see you guys out there again soon and have some cold ones...I was pretty much in recovery mode all day Monday, so I kept it low key.