PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl CLeaner??

NOTALENT
09-08-2004, 11:43 AM
What is the most powerful vinyl cleaner out there?? I used mothers vinyl cleaner..but I need something that gets deep inside the vinyl and clears out the dirt/grease etc...and make it bright white again..any ideas??

gramps
09-08-2004, 12:00 PM
try some tennis shoe cleaner..............you might be surprised.

BarryMac
09-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Mr Cleans Magic Eraser (it's the shit), then treat with a vinyl protectant...
gjb

NorCal Gameshow
09-08-2004, 12:04 PM
checkout these:
past threads (http://www.***boat.com/forums/search.php?searchid=48344)

Ion
09-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I don't know if this is kosher or not, but it has worked GREAT for me and still does an excellent job for my white vinyl seats, etc. Acetone. Nothing gets out worked in, greasy suntan oil butt stains or sandal rubber scuffs better. So far after 2 seasons of doing this, there have been absolutely no ill effects. I have used some sort of conditioner afterwords, but not always. I have also witnessed new boat makers use it on interiors when an accidental scuff occured.
Test out a small area first & see how it works.

schlepy
09-08-2004, 12:24 PM
the best thing that worked for me is a 1/4 simple green to water mixture and a stiff bristle brush.

Desert Rat
09-08-2004, 12:42 PM
gjb
This stuff is the sh!t for getting out the suntan scummies! I have also heard of useing Tolune. I don't think the eco-nazi's allow it to be sold in California but I think you can still get it in AZ and NV

Big_Gunz_
09-08-2004, 01:11 PM
gjb
The Magic Eraser is all I use, it works great.

SOCALDETAIL1
09-08-2004, 02:29 PM
What is the most powerful vinyl cleaner out there?? I used mothers vinyl cleaner..but I need something that gets deep inside the vinyl and clears out the dirt/grease etc...and make it bright white again..any ideas??
Smart & Final degreaser works great with a soft nylon brush, cheap too...

Bre
09-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Bring it over to my house..... give me a full day and it will be white :p

ROZ
09-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Magic Easer works great. I've been using that thing to clean up everything in sight. My wife thinks I've gone a little crazy.... :hammerhea :D

ChumpChange
09-08-2004, 03:02 PM
It's all about the Magic Eraser for my 27 Dana.

100mbs
09-08-2004, 03:07 PM
gjb
DITTO!!!

jbtrailerjim
09-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Like several others have said, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They are the best thing I've used to clean my interior.

NOTALENT
09-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Well I guess.. i am going shopping for Mr. Clean Magic Eraser..The simple green just didnt cut it the way I needed it to. Thanks everyone.

AvengerBabe
09-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Tobtek sells some AMAZING stuff.... it cleaned stuff off of vinyl I never would have thought it would this weekend... I would PM him.

twistedpair
09-08-2004, 03:39 PM
If your vinyl is in pretty good shape, The magic eraser works great. If you have an older boat like mine ('95) then Soft Scrub and a sponge is the way to go. Just did my boat last week and Soft Scrub took off what the Magic Eraser would not.

Rev. Williams
09-08-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't know if this is kosher or not, but it has worked GREAT for me and still does an excellent job for my white vinyl seats, etc. Acetone. Nothing gets out worked in, greasy suntan oil butt stains or sandal rubber scuffs better. So far after 2 seasons of doing this, there have been absolutely no ill effects. I have used some sort of conditioner afterwords, but not always. I have also witnessed new boat makers use it on interiors when an accidental scuff occured.
Test out a small area first & see how it works.
I'll second this !! If Acetone can't get it out, then nothing will !!

PHX ATC
09-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Invite ROZ over and have him bring his Mr. Clean Magic Erase bars with him. Ask for a demo.
I use those bars. Without the ROZ attachment. :D

77charger
09-08-2004, 04:39 PM
I have had dirty vinyl and so far the best has been strait simple green.Or magic eraser.Then follow with the conditioner